main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru Appreciation Thread***

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Terr_Mys, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobikenobi

kenobikenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2002
    Thanks. Yeah it is cool that he uses the same names over...Its neat to see all the characters evovle and change!

Anyways...

We only have one quote so far! Come on people!

Here is one I got from the multimedia section of TF.net.

Beru and Owen

2. JediJenlightsaber

JediJenlightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2002
    Evil this thread is...
    leave this shrine of evil teaching all of you

And
    ALL HAIL BLUE YODA!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kenobikenobi

Apr 8, 2002
    i will never worship blue yoda!

AHBM (all hail blue milk!!!)

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Blue milk is good stuff. ;) It was great that George got it into AotC. Nice touch on his part.

5. VanLiz

VanLiz Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2002
    The Owen and Beru from ANH are my favorites. They were decent. Not only did they raise someone else's son but they raised the son of the 2nd most dangerous man in the universe. They must have had doubts when Obi-wan brought Luke to them but they took him anyway and they did a good job. Luke became a decent, hardworking and thoroughly good person. He was loved and taught right from wrong. He wouldn't have been able to turn his back on the Emperor and refuse to join the Dark side if it had not been for how Owen and Beru raised him. Too bad they got charcoal broiled in ANH. They were innocent.

6. kenobikenobi

Apr 8, 2002
    I agree. There were nice folks.

7. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    What happened to them after they died, I wonder. I know Luke went off with Obi-Wan, but did he just leave them there, or did he bury them or something? I hope so, cause leaving them out there like that just seems very wrong!

8. kenobikenobi

Apr 8, 2002
    Wow. Good point. I hope he did'nt just leave them there for some Tusken Raiders to eat. that'd be sick. [face_plain] Although I'm not sure if anything would actually want to eat 2 burnt up people after they've sat out in the hot suns for a few hours...

Of course even Obi-Wan was willing to have a cup of "Jawa Juice" so obviously the residents on Tatoonie are pretty sick people...

Okay, this is really starting to gross me out...What a nasty topic! :eek:

after edit-
    wow. just realized this was my 200th post...

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Considering how upset Luke was to find them dead, I always assumed he'd bury them at least. It's the least he could do for people who had been so wonderful to him.

Nice job, kenobikenobi. :)

10. kenobikenobi

Apr 8, 2002
    yes I agree. Like I said before, it would be awful if he did'nt bury them. Not only for respect but...I'm not going to get into that again! :eek:

11. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    You know, I'm begining to think that people really don't appreciate Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru...

12. kenobikenobi

Apr 8, 2002
    No one appreciates them...:'| It really makes me sad. I think we need some more posts up here. How about another quote?

"I thought you might show up some day".

I think thats right anyways. :)

Oh yeah...Who here thinks that the next figure that needs to be made is a Cliegg in a hover chair. A hover chair would be sweet. Of course it could'nt really hover...But...It could have clear wheels or something...Be set up like they make the speeders or something. Maybe someday in the future, our grandkids will be playing with remakes of the classic star wars toys, and Cliegg's chair will really hover!

p.s. Nah. Im not on crack. I swear...

13. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Those corpses were probably ashes holding hands. If I were Luke I wouldn't have seen much to bury. Besides, would you even want to get a closer look? You know they're dead; all that's left is maggot fodder. Owen and Beru had gone to a better life, taking a better form.

14. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey! Someone actually posted on this thread! So Owen and Beru aren't completely unappreciated! YAY!

lol, a Cliegg in a hover chair figure :D That'd be pretty hot!

erm...bedada3, I know there wasn't much left of them, but it does seem kinda disrespectful to just leave them there! Or maybe that's just me....

Hey, does anyone else think that they did an excellent job casting young Owen? He really did look kinda like a younger version of the original. What does everyone else think?

Don't let this thread die!!

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Young Owen was perfectly casted. I couldn't get over how much he looked like Old Owen. Beru wasn't quite as close, in my opinion, but she was still done well.

Speaking of action figures, are there any plans to make a young Owen and Beru figure? I think an Owen with his speeder bike would be quite cool. But a Cliegg would be nice as well.

16. Boba_Fett__

Boba_Fett__ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    You guys make no sense.

Look, Yoda had a stick to break his fall.
    Does Beru have a stick? No.
    BERU WHITESUN backwards is NUSETIHW UREB. Take the E in beru, V in violin, I in Whitesun and L in lion, what do you get? Answer: EVIL Now, how would Vader know where Luke lives? Answer: Beru She wanted to kill Luke so he couldn't keep Yoda company. Remember the blue milk in AOTC? Beru didn't drink any because she hates blue Yoda. AUNT has the letters to nut in them, meaning Beru is a nut-head. She lives on a planet without green, and green is the color of fear, hate , and suffering. Beru is the dark lady of the Green. Please, next time you make a thread, think of the obvious.

? All hail Blue Yoda! ?

17. Boba_Fett__

Boba_Fett__ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    You guys make no sense.

Look, Yoda had a stick to break his fall.
    Does Beru have a stick? No.
    Beru Whitesun rhymes with Cannabalistic moles.
    BERU WHITESUN backwards is NUSETIHW UREB. Take the E in beru, V in violin, I in Whitesun and L in lion, what do you get? Answer: EVIL Now, how would Vader know where Luke lives? Answer: Beru She wanted to kill Luke so he couldn't keep Yoda company. Remember the blue milk in AOTC? Beru didn't drink any because she hates blue Yoda. AUNT has the letters to nut in them, meaning Beru is a nut-head. She lives on a planet without green, and green is the color of fear, hate , and suffering. Beru is the dark lady of the Green. Please, next time you make a thread, think of the obvious.

¥ All hail Blue Yoda! ¥

18. degobah1

degobah1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    my question, who did the dubbed voice of beru in ANH?

19. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, who was that? This is probably a stupid question, but why did they dub her voice anyway? I knew that they did but I never knew why.

20. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Glad to see that my thread's still up and running :). Go Owen and Beru! :D :p

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I believe her voice was dubbed because it was decided the actress' voice was too low. As for who dubbed it, I checked IMDB and starwars.com and neither have it.

22. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
  23. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I vote for the stormtroopers that killed them.

24. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Apr 15, 2002
    Hey look, this thread actually is still alive. If not exactly thriving....

Anyway...

I wonder if Luke ever asked Owen and Beru about Grandma Shmi in the backyard. I read something about that the other day and it kinda set me wondering.

25. Coleman_Trebor

Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Man, these people did nothing in AOTC!! All Beru said was hello and Owen just looked nervous the whole time which was a few seconds!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.