main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Uncle Traveling Vader (Photos?)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Not sure if any of you guys remember this (being that the original post date was nearly 2 years ago) but that crazy traveling Vader is almost due to reach us. So it only took two years to arrive, but who's counting, right?

Right!

Anyhoo, in preparation, we should probably pick a spot where we want to take the picture. We should settle on something relatively soon, so that when we do finally get Vader we can just gather promptly, take the shot, and pass him along as quickly as we can.

I believe that Rox is still slated to receive Vader, and since there's not a definitive time frame in which we'll get him, I can't be certain how long we have to figure this out, so, as a result, we shouldn't tarry. (No pun intended.) To put it in some perspective, Vader has to visit Louisville, KY and Colombus, OH before he gets to us.

I do believe if you read that previous thread, a slew of ideas were thrown out there. Feel free to opine on your favorite, and then we can figure something out. The last post in that thread suggests a poll, so we can do that if we like.

Also, since we're not allowed to hold on to Vader for very long, we'll have to do the photo guerilla-style. When we get word that Viz-ader is in the hiz-ouse we'll need to set a date as quick as we can and then stick to it so that the photo gets done in the proper amount of time. Unfortunately, due to everyone's crazy busy schedules this may necessitate leaving some folks out. We should strive to not let that happen, but it may be a reality due to the time constraints on the project.

I reckon that be about all. Feel free to discuss away.

Passes the conch shell to the next person in line,
    Yours Truly

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The Point, with the Heinz stadium in the background if possible.

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Mizount Washington

4. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Wow. I thought this whole idea had fallen apart. Well color me suprised. Or maybe blue. Whichever is easier ;)
    As for Mr. Vader, are we supposed to be in the picture with him? We could get a picture of him eating a Primanti's sandwhich. It's too bad we couldn't get to a steel mill or the Heinz factory. Oooo, we could get a picture of Vader with a bottle of Heinz Ketchup at Heinz Field or the point.
    Although I still like the idea of Vader in a little orange vest and hard hat at a road repaving.

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Zero, that last one was is GREAT. (It may not be representative of Pittsburgh to others but we'll get the joke.) During the poker game, we briefly discussed this, and Heinz Field as well as the Heinz plant itself came up. So did Mt. Wash. for that matter.

It seems logical that once we get a few good ideas (including the ones already mentioned) that we run a poll.

My idea from Mt. Wash. was to do a shot from one of the outlooks and have Vader next to the skyline, so it appears that he is Giant sized.

-Sal

6. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    We did a few pictures when he came to DC (back in February 2003!). One with the Washington Monument, one with the Capitol, and one at a pub with Vader sipping Guinness from a straw. Ok, so that last one wasn't very representative of DC... but it is representative of our FF! :p

Bottom line, take as many pictures as you want. (Though I'm sure Chris will have that covered. Heh heh.)

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    You guys are free to do whatever you want with the little guy as long as he's not permently damaged. Take pics with the group or by himself or both. Dress him up, just dont make him look fruity ;). Just remember to have fun :D

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Hye Roy haven't seen you around in a while, how have you been?

On the topic of Vader I think we should do The Point and try and do the Heinz plant.

9. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Oh I've been ok, could be better but I won't complain. How goes it with you? :D

10. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Vader is en route from Louisville to Colombus, so he's one step closer to us. In fact, he's only one step away, as we get him after Colombus. Based on the responses to this thread, I'll concoct a poll a little later on to determine where we can take some photos. As was mentioned, we don't need to limit ourselves to one, so don't feel we'll be restricted to one picture and one picture only.

I need to get back to work, but wanted to let you guys know.

Back to work,
    Yours Truly

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    If it works out schedule wise, Vader should come to Poker night.

12. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    How about we find Vader a little Steeler jersey to wear? Even if it was just like an over-cape it would look cool.

For those who cant make it, is it possible that their faces can be added into the picture as blue ghosties?

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I can easily add faces as blue ghosties.

As to the Jersey idea, that's actually pretty cool. There's probably one at Fineberg's in the strip. They have alot of Steeler stuff. Be cool if we could get one with "77" on it. (For 1977-when the original came out)

I'll look into it.

-Sal

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think my dad has a Terry Bradshaw doll...though I don't know if th ejersey can come off of it. I'll ask him. I say we put a time limit of ideas at friday. Then we have a poll of the top 5 or so ideas (I can't rememebr how many items fit in a poll).

15. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
  16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    We will be getting good ole Vader somewhere around the first the CR for Columbus PMed me today. It would be nice if we got him in time for Kennywood.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Ooh ooh (Like Horshack from Welcome Back Kotter-yeah I'm showing my age here)

How about taking Vader on a Roller Coaster ride! Hard shot to get but if could it would look awesome!

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    easy shot -- either we photo him before the coaster takes off (just explain what we are doing to the nice teens working there) and I would suggest the Racer since the platform set upwould allow for the easiest shot (Vader on the red one of course) OR we put him on the kiddie land rollercoaster.

Or take a pic of him next to the Phantom's revenge sign (which to me looks a bit like the Emperor)

Although I still think that a very recognizable Pittsburgh icon (like the triangle) would be a better choice. Or on Mt. Washington overlooking the city skyline.

With the steeler jersey on, of course. ;)

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Heck, let's do them all! Even if we don't get that Vader in time for Kennywood, we can use my 12 inch for the photos. The pictures can go on our website gallery as well as next years DVD.

-Sal

20. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hello everyone in Pittsburgh. Well as you already know the Darth Vader World Tour will be coming to your chapter very soon. I hope you will all enjoy his visit and have a great time.
    Vader has gone to some very interesting places so far and I know Vader will have a memorable time in your town.

Here are the rules of his visit.
    1) Please post in the DVWT FF Comms thread when Vader arrives (if you don't know where this is, let me know!). You should also post in that thread when he departs for his next destination (Detroit).
    You can click on it in my signature

2) Vader is due to depart Pittsburgh 2 weeks from his arrival date. This deadline is *very* important. If you feel you won't be able to make this deadline, please PM me so we can discuss it.
    Please we ask everyone to abide the 2 week rule so there are no further delays with the tour.

3) You are encouraged to coordinate with other local Fan Forces for this event.
    There are a lot of people who want to be a part of the tour but were not included in the tour list for
    various reasons.
    This is a great opportunity to build friendships with other Fan Forces in your area.

4) There should be one camera in the box. Please take 2 pictures on this camera of your group with Vader. That camera will be sent on with Vader to Detroit.
    If there aren't enough exposures left for you to take 2 pictures, please let me know, and I will get another one to you right away.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll be watching the Vader thread on your FF boards, so people are free to ask questions there as well. Hope you guys have fun!

Thanks for participating and any questions you might have please e-mail me at Lucanas@aol.com or PM me.

Thanks,
    Chris Wilkins ( Darth Lucanas )

21. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    If transporting all the stuff woudlnt be so tough just for a picture, I'd say lets do a vader holding vader picture and I'd suit up...

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    We are slated to receive Vader around the first. Since we only get to keep him two weeks these are the days I am proposing. I know not everyone will be able to make but I'm sorry we have to do what day is best for the whole of the group. These dates are the most beneficial for me since I am the one receiving Vader.

Sunday Aug, 8th
    Saturday Aug, 14th after 4 PM
    Sunday Aug, 15th

The 8th or 15th would be best for me since I ocassionlly work on Saturday's.

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I vote for August 8.

24. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Rox... did you get Vader yet? Don't think I could make the 8th, but if I get back to town early enough on the 15th, I'll be able to join you guys for some photo ops.

Thinks Vader walks slowly,
    Yours Truly

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No I haven't yet Brian. I haven't even gotten a heads up on it being shipped to us yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.