main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Uncle Traveling Vader (Photos?)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    since vader hasn't shown up yet I say we aim for the 15th and adjust the date as nessecary depending on when we get him. If Terry get's him on or after Saturday we get to have him at the picnic!

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Columbus' Cr pmed me this eveing. I'll be receiving Vader friday or saturday.

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    So did Uncle Traveling Vader ever arrive in Pittsburgh?

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Terry received him the other day apparently, and we'll be able to hold onto him until the picnic at least, which should simplify things a bit.

If folks still want to bop around to different areas of the city with him to take shots, I reckon that be up to Terry, since he's the one holding Vader.

Only took two years,
    Yours Truly

5. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    He definitely needs to be at the picnic. Mainly because I am greedy and want to be in more than one city's pictures. Hehehehehehehehe. ;)

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    OK folks I'm gonna try and organise a picture op this sunday. Is anyone available? I have to know in advance since some jerk totaled my car yesterday and I have to go through Ginger for a ride.

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry to hear about your car. Are you okay? Good luck with the insurance claims. Are you going to have to get a new car or can the old one be repaired?

This Sunday, the 15th. Sigh, no can do. Already have plans.

Could we do it next sunday, the 22nd? Yeah, its the day after the picnic, but it would also be more notice.

Or what about during the week, in the evening. Doesn't get dark until 7:30 or 8.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not sure about the car yet. There is considerable damage to the front end. I'm ok, I have a lower back strain though, thank god I had my seatbelt on. On the bright side Ginger is getting a Jeep Cherokee today so atleast I'll be riding in style. But it sucks having no car...

9. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I have to go back home this weekend and will be coming back Sunday, though I don't know if I'd be back in time for a photo op. I wouldn't bank on it.

Sorry,
    Yours Truly

10. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    i'm game for this sunday. Next sunday I'm fgoing to be out of town.

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok, the official group picture will take place at the picnic this upcoming weekend. The following monday evening will be a photo in front of the Heinz plant. We will have Vader for the rest of the week if you want to schedule something.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
  13. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I'll try and make monday since i cant be at the picnic.

14. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Do we have any interest in a Vader holding Vader pic?

15. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    sounds cool to me. If your willing to lug your vader suit. I know i's big and bulky and all.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    what time Monday and can you please post directions to where we are to meet? Are we going to go anywhere else Monday (like the Point or the stadiums)

17. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    We took the 'official' photo at the picnic. However, we are going to take some extra photos to send with it (many groups have done this)

The final photo shoot will meet at 4:30 (be on time, please) in the Carnegie Science Center parking lot on Weds. Aug 25. Please wear 'Pittsburgh Gear' or SW wear.

18. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Have fun without me folks. I work until 5pm M-F. I wouldn't be able to make it until almost 6pm, since I'd have to take the bus from work. That is unless someone would be willing to pick me up. (I wouldn't need a ride home, just a ride there) Again though I can't leave work before 5pm. I'd like to be in this shot since I got to the picnic too late to be in the official one.

If someone can pick me up please post here.

Thanks.

19. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm unfortunately not going to be able to make it to the photo shoot. I have to drive all over creation after work doing some final "moving errands," which is a total bummer. :(

Unhappy he can't make it,
    Yours Truly

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey guys it is possible for em to drop the vader off to someone today? I'm getting the chance to work overtime tonight and really need the money. Call me on my cell or PM me until 3PM to make arrangements. Is anyone actually coming now?

21. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I want to but still need a ride.

I get out of work at 5pm. I'm in Oakland, but could meet someone downtown. I'd get there about 5:25pm.

If noone is participating tonight, would it be alright to move the date?

I'd really appreciate the opportunity to be in the photo. Saturday is my birthday (35) and I'll be downtown anyway that day (FREE health convention at the David H. Lawrence CC), so if we do change the date, how about then?

Terry if you want and can drop it off to me, you know where I work. (Give me a buzz if you want.) Besides that would ensure me the opportunity to be in the pic.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If someone wants to set something up this weekend that's fine with me. Though I work the day shift the rest of the week and someone would have to come get Vader off of me. It has to be sent out to the next stop on Monday though no matter what.

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmm, no replies, so I guess no get together this past weekend.

Unfortunately I didn't check the boards Weds before heading out to the Science Center. The twins, Josh and I were there. Josh had read the boards, which was lucky for us or we wouldn't have known what was going on.

Ah, well. I even had found a pickle pin and a Heinz ketchup pin.

Since there was no photo shoot, we decided to go to Station Square for dinner before I had to go to Western Region and Tina and her friend had to go to the Hanson concert. (again, nice tattoo Tina)

The misadventure continued when Stacie and I were caught behind a big accident and sat there while it was cleared for about a half hour. Since there was no way we could make it to Station Square before everyone had to be elsewhere, we called and said we couldn't come. Stacie and I then drove around Pittsburgh for another half hour, completely failing to find East Carson street until we called my sister for directions.

Finally arriving, Stacie went 'undercover' prentending to be a college student considering a career in teaching, so she could sit in on the Union meeting.

I'm wondering how the evening went for Josh and Tina.

24. MetalliJedi

May 10, 2002
    It went well for us. The 3 of us had dinner and some cool converstion about music. I then went ho,me and they went to the concert. Tina has her own tale about waiting in trafic after the show.

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hi all I could use some help.

Can anyone tell me anything on wheather Vader was sent out to Detroit yet?

They have not received him yet.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.