main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Unconscious (Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by HelloKelly, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Title: Unconscious
    Author: HelloKelly
    Summery: In depth study on Bones and that?s all I?m telling.
    Characters: Mostly Bones with Uhura and Spock. Also a little of Kirk and Janice. Plus OC.
    Genre: Suspense, Angst, Romance.

Leonard McCoy lay on the bed in the infirmary. His eyes traced the ceiling in the same pattern they had every night for the past month. In the course of the first week, he had memorized every crack and bump of the ceilings contours, something he couldn?t claim for his own bunkroom.
    Every night the pattern remained the same. All crew members retired to their rooms except for the night watchmen and lights would be turned off. The whole ship would then be empty except for the occasional patrolling watchman and McCoy would eventually find his way to the infirmary.
    Depending on the contents of the day and how cluttered his brain was, McCoy would remain in his cabin for anywhere between an hour to five trying to sleep. Then when all distractions faded away and still sleep eluded him, McCoy would get up and head to his office.
    There he would work until his brain was too fogged up to function or morning came. Then once he exhausted himself he would lie on the bed in there and stare up at the ceiling. A position in which he would remain for hours upon hours, never moving or sleeping.
    Occasionally however his voice could be heard over the buzzing of the ship. It would be just a faint whisper, so low that it blended in with all of the white noise. A solemn swear. ?I won?t forget.?

Uhura watched Spock from across the room. Carefully however, just a couple of glances every so often, just her five minute fix of Spock. After all, Kirk was already starting to suspect something and she wasn?t ready to tip him off just yet.
    However, if he continued in these advances towards her, she might have to take some action. Besides, Janice had already expressed some amount of interest in Kirk and Uhura was not about to put a gap in that friendship. No. If Kirk came on to her one more time, she would have to break it to him the hard way. She had already tried to let him down easy, but that back-fired on her big time.
    She risked another glance at Spock. He was bending over his console deep in thought, as always. I swear. She thought. That man pays more attention to his work then to anything else. Spock quickly glanced up. His eyebrow rose half an inch and a smile tugged at his lips.
    An image came into her mind of the two of them entwined and she blinked. Now? She thought to herself. Spock nodded his head sharply and then went back to his work. A couple minutes later he stood to his feet. ?I shall take my lunch now.? He said and left the room. Uhura started to rise but Spock shook his head.
    An image of Janice appeared in her minds eye and she sat back down. Five minutes later Janice stood to her feet and announced her intentions for lunch as well. ?I?ll join you.? Uhura said with a friendly smile. The two of them walked to the elevator and when they walked in, Janice turned to her and grinned.
    ?Lies!? She said cackling. ?I know very well food is the last thing on your mind.? She sighed. ?I just wish you?d hurry up and tell Kirk what?s what.? Uhura smirked as the elevator doors opened. ?Well? I don?t know about Kirk. I think I?m hungry for something darker and pointier.? With that she sashayed down the corridor. Janice shook her head. ?Well hurry up and let the cat out of the bag! I?m hungry for some white meat.? She called at Uhura?s retreating frame. Uhura stuck out her tongue and walked around the corner. Then clutched her head as a shrill sound ripped through it. Her world spun and then went black.
    To be Continued.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting!! Bones is my favorite :D

3. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Interesting. I didn't know you went on a trekkie kick.

Lol. Great job!

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh yippee!! [face_dancing] I am always happy to read another Trekkie fic - and you seem to have the basics down already. I'm a fangirl with merely Bones - you add in some Spock/Uhura and I'll eat right out of your hand. :p[face_love]

You definitely have an interesting premise here. [face_thinking] McCoy's suffering from insomnia, and hearing voices. Uhura is struggling with letting Kirk down easy, and some sort of . . . psychic alien? [face_thinking] I am eager to see where you take this plot! :)

May I have PMs, please? I am almost infamous with my inability to keep up with stories on my own. 8-}

~MJ @};-

5. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Excellent job. I also always liked Bones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.