main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Undeniably Evil; 5 years after her escape

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by aalagartassle, Jan 19, 2013.

1. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    A small rodent like creature stared with intent at her security screen, her nose twitched as she piqued the Yt's landing ramp. All looked correct except for sloppily applied regs performed by the greeters. Chaemy, was just about to comment over the P.A. system to get some semblance of professionalism to her troupe when she spied a box like device next to the loading door.
    I didn’t install that! she thought to herself. In panic the little Chandra- Fan checked her monitors shreiking in distress.
    “Something is not right", she blurted to herself. Her ire raised she said to herself in a high pitched squeak, "there are permeations in the air, no way could air be blasted in the hangar equally in five exact directions.”
    The little Chadra-Fan operator hit a button and switched to infrared and chemoreceptive analysis, she smiled to herself as the monitors that had only been successfully upgraded into the antiquated security cameras a fortnight ago lit up with new targets. Chaemy spotted five beings running through the hangar, their eyes blazed with intent, their arsenal shimmered. She had all but pushed the emergency button as a flash of brilliant light erupted from the Yt’s ramp. Pirates covered their eyes, searing white photons blinded the monitors. The happless beings quickly fell by lethal bolts emanating from the middle of the ramp even before the focii adjusted. Chin, the Gran fell quickly, a bolt exacted a small hole through his ear and straight out of his spice filled right eye stalk. She caught six beings illicting wantan destruction and centred in on their pheremone signatures. Suddenly the enemies vanished through her infrared sensors. Explosions peppered the hangar as desperate pirates unleashed their full arsenal at unseen wraiths. The little Chadra Fan desperaltely hit another button on her security board, she zoomed in again and began to track the intruders movements with her new install of pheromone detection; her Hypersensitive Security Chemical Detector from basalt laboratories. The hound was expensive to steal, it cost a few of her favourites lives, but the high priced investment might just pay off. She quickly rerouted the new pheremone signatures from the intruders to pre- programme her sentry heavy repeaters. The repeaters emitted a muffled chime in response to the information. Chaemy smiled at herself despite the situation, her repeaters would do the job, they were secretly hidden behind closed niches which in theory would open up as soon as they detected the intruders pheromones.

One by one the intruders would be cut down.

She pawed at her control panel to marshal the troops, alerting all ground crew.

"Go to checkpoints one and five immediately, prepare for war! Hold positions in choke points and herd the militia into the long corridors."

She looked away from the carnage for a second and nonchalantly pressed another button that opened up a locked vault holding a lone devastating RMD-20 droid and a compliment of JK-13 security droids. Chaemy whispered as she smiled into the emerald and gold faceted eyes of her golden pet, it sidled up to her like a feline, “Time to hunt my darling”.

Lastly, Chaemy hit one final button before she rose to go and see her new quarry, she brought up the house music system.
    Drill X she decided.

The heavy percussive orientated beat blared through the speakers.

A klaxon wailed as the Chiss ran loose . The pirates security camera controller had been diligent in her performance they admitted.

Claw said over his mic" The element of surprise has been knocked out us almost instantly, now its time for the grind."

The Troupe shouted in unison, "Whoyeah!"

Three of the six Elite soldiers bounded through a mold encrusted rusty corridor, a few inbuilt cams dotted the overhangs high above the narrow passage ways, curiously those cams seem to track their movements albeit a few meters late. Charric’s wrist beacon indicated a slow penetrating pulse that inform them that in two more turns the Elite would chance upon the communications center. An insistent percussive beat gave them pause for thought, it sounded like rolling thunder slowly bringing in a storm of unimaginable size. The Chiss redoubled their efforts and sprinted their way to the second last corridor with Claw at point, Coroner in the middle and Charric on guard. This was classic 3 C’s formation. They swung around the final blind corner and quickly moved into the last passageway.

As soon as the 3 C’s entered, heavy blast doors closed behind the squad crunching spider like carapaces with grating finality. Claw kept sprinting but looked further in front of the team and saw an apparition blocking their way. It looked like a larger version of the spider like shells the blast door had so swiftly pulverized. About chest height it had a metallic golden gleam, a segmented body with large whip like appendages waving in the non existent air current. Cam droids floated behind it and a small rodent type creature could be seen even further at the rear. An appendage from the rodent leveled at the trio in a mock blaster fashion as another set of blast doors concealed the life form. The three C's screeched to a halt. Instantly ovid shape cam droids zoomed towards them, circling around the 3 Chiss like scavenging avians around a rotting carcass.
    The golden spider stood it’s ground but seemed to be eyeing off the trio, assessing their every move.

With further scrutiny Coroner commented at the situation, “ It looks like a droid, but it could be a beastie, I think we’ve been had, those cams are pinponting us”.
    “Weapons out,” Claw instructed as various armaments were quickly retrieved.
    “Coroner aim for the head, Charric the legs and I’ll take the birds.”
    The first shot from Claw was true and sound, one of the twelve cam droids instantly gouted flame and fell from the ceiling, crashing to the scuffed floor. Coroner’s pinpoint accuracy seemed flawed as the spider like droid activated a force field just before contact, Charric’s grenade launch seemed healthy enough, a satisfying boom emanated the hall as dust and debri caused a mini nova around the victim. Through the firepower the spider like droid moved with alarming speed springing upwards to hang upside-down from the ceiling while it’s whole body coursed with a powerful force field.
    Charric shouted,“It’s going to use the cam droids for cover!"
    Well at least it’s not firing anything at us shouted Coroner.
    Unexpectedly several hidden niches opened extending large turrets from the ceiling surrounding the troupe. Gouts of red and green lasers instantly sprayed at the intruders. The Chiss were nimble , their acrobatical finesse kept them untouched from the first wave of destruction. However, with no cover the Trio backtracked to the blastdoor if an effort to lift and retreat. Suddenly more turrets opened up and sprayed the trio with death. Each Chiss quickly shouted obscenities and became resigned to the fact that they had to blast every individual turret whilst evading the onslaught and the strange droid waiting patiently for their move.
    Claw shrieked to his comrades, “This is gonna be tougher than we thou…”

His last word was lost over the cacophony of firepower.

2. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    The Arc silently reconnoitered around the pirate base, Funsuhh sighted small eruptions spluttering from the hangar doors. Incandescent lights flashed to hurt his retinas making his brain sway a little. Flash frozen detritus blasted into the void from the magnetic field shielding the hangar entrance.
    “ It’s another battle,” Panders surprisingly whispered to his partner and new overlord. “Look at the laser strikes, they are sure trying to outflank them in a round room! How utterly stupid”.

He hesitated and remembered his ear, “Should we wait til it’s over or buzz them?”

Mishy sat nervously in the back seat of the Arc, she didn’t know what to do. This was the first time she had seen a laser or detritus being blasted into space, it galled her that she could be silently hurled into the void and be just another piece of debris; dead but twirling. Nonetheless, The Force summoned her and continued to sway her mind demanding her that this place would be a safe refuge, a place of hidden secrets and a base of operations. Notwithstanding, she still questioned the timing.

Maybe today it’s best to wait and let enemies fight it out and thin the place out abit. It would be better for me in the long run not to have to face to many adversaries at one time. Furthermore the worn out ones will be easier to control or dispatch. Mishy continued to think in rhetorical questions, she watched in fascination as laser sput out the magfield, there was a chance that she would not be able to dodge or block one of these bright beams. A large blast erupted from the doors, swathes of paneling blasted through the shielding.
    Mishy wondered to herself,
    How am I suppose to survive this?
    The Arc banked a little unexpectantly as Mishy instructed her crew,
    “Wait for 15 minutes, hold orbit near the hangars, but away from sight, I want to be ready”. She paused watching another explosion and then inquired nervously,” Can we charge the lasers?”
    Panders had the audacity to swivel around in his seat and look at her as if she was stupid,
    “What planet are you from? Of course we can, the sensors can only pick up tracking waves, though I suggest we make our way in now or the blast doors will close. Although “, Panders thought out aloud, “They should have automatically shut from the first explosion, I think the enemy has jurryrigged the system to keep it open.

He reconsidered his predicament and chuckled, “Right you are Captain”.

The ARC banked towards the closest asteroid, a sickly white and pink behemoth that looked as if had been placed their by unnatural forces. She picked a quiet place where her silhouette would only been found out if a tracking vessel had extremely acute sensors which of course would be obliterated. Failing that only a sun or extremely bright running lights would be able to make out her new residence.
    Mishy fumed on her lack of knowledge, her eyes glowed red, she had no understanding of convert scanners or lasers, her father had only taught her to fix droids and understand packet data or video surveillance. This was the first time she had been picked up on her utter lack of familiarity with the universe. Even more confusing was if she should punish Panders again,

No ,she thought, that rebuke serves a purpose, get better.

The Arc settled on the revolving asteroid, she clamped and locked down immediately.
    Panders shut down everything and turned to everyone to instruct them on a new thought process.

“Ok,” Panders whispered to the trio, his voice slowly crescendoed so that it was at least audible while his hands pointed out to the asteroids and the base as if conducting. “I suggest a deal, Funsuuh and me keep whats in the base, and own everything that we can salvage, You Mishy, live there and rent from us. We give you the safety of the base and we teach you how to pirate and give you all the underworld contacts you will ever need, a few credits here and there and a spceworthy vessel. We don’t give them to you all at once, we set up a business and you become our apprentice. But you have to do the wet work first up. If you start this I promise we won’t leave you or blast you once we get a bead on you. Sound Fair?"
    Mishy thought it over, she really wasn’t in the position to bargain too much. It was obvious if she left the ARC the duo would bang out or try to kill her. She was more than tempted by the offer.

She nodded.

Panders couldn’t hide the smirk off his face but he continued in all seriousness, “We have the ARCS lasers, and Mishy, your lightsabers. That’s the only weapons,” he thrummed his fingers on the console in Aeolian scale formation. “What to do? What to do?”, he chortled.
    After a slight interlude of silence the trio watched flames from the pirate base slowly dwindle.
    “Listen Mishy, if you want to know about the real galaxy before you attend to it, you need to know this. Everyone is prepared to kill you, not just me; I will get you back for my ear but that may not result in your death.”
    He held up a hand to ward her quick rebuke.
    “I’m also a creature that’s got patience, I’m prepared to let you live and maybe,” he said sarcastically, “attend the galaxy for awhile if it can profit me and Funsuhh. I’m pretty sure you can’t fly spacecraft and go anywhere so let’s cut to the chase. Me and Funsuhh are sitting tight while you clean up, you have to kill, not maim or knock them out, I mean end their lives.

Everyone’s!

We don’t know who or how many is in there but I know the ones left behind on base have shocking skills, the people who aren’t on the Head really have no future.”
    “Chaemy,” Funsuhh interrupted.
    “Yeh well, maybe she’s a good un, it might pay to keep her alive. Do you know what a Chadra Fan is Mishy?
    “A little mammal, from the planet Chad,” Mishy retorted all too knowingly.
    “Good, you can identify her then, this one you need to be very careful of, if you can leave her last and let me and Funsuhh convince her, she’s kinda likes us though she’s loyal to Deciman so it may take abit to bring round to our side. Once we land I’ll have a chat to her, she will be locked in the communications array by the way. So getting to her won’t be easy, there are lasers that she controls and all the Cams. If she’s not in the mood you’ll be toast.”
    Funsuhh interrupted again, “Cam’s probably toast, enemy already in have taken them out”.
    “Maybe,” Panders said, “though the fires going out. they may have already lost, we will keep channel five open and direct you as best we can, it’s secure and can’t be jammed in there even by Chaemy. Oh and she’s got lots of droids and pirates to help her out so don’t annoy her with this bravado”.

Mishy thought out aloud, “Is their a map anywhere? I need to know what I’m doing and where I’m going”
    “No,” Panders said bluntly as he continued to wave his conductors baton around in the tight confines of the ARC-170. He then spoke like a real smoothie, putting on his most over earnest voice he could manage.
    “Look we have to secure the hangar and convince Chaemy to let us take over, that’s our job”. He rubbed his temples as if being exacerbated but only managed to pick the cauterized scab where his ear had been earlier that day . He shocked himself as his hand went back to the wound for another inspection, like a child picking a cut just to watch it bleed. He morbidly continued whilst accessing his finer details of his crusting layer.
    “You have to clear the rest, I’d say about forty maybe fifty spacebarves live here, it will take awhile to find your way through the base, flush everyone out and do what you do. They all will be armed, you will have to use all and any means possible to take every being down. Don’t think just do. Destroy everyone. Though with the base being breached I think their maybe masses of bodies already. The ones that have already started will have at least taken out say twenty or so, so it’s certainly doable and likely not impossible for you”.
    Funsuhh inquired, “What if they Republic military?”
    Panders scolded at Funsuhh, “She’s still gotta do it, we can’t bang out and leave Roko’s loot. A deals a deal”.
    Mishy sat motionlessly and stared at the intricately designed pommel of her green lightsaber.
    She summoned all the fire in her belly and thrust out her response,

“I can do it, I have to do it”.

The ARC slowly powered back up setting her sublights on and drifted back to the hangar doors.

******************&*****************

Bolts of streamlined energy engulfed the Blue skinned Chiss. Alpha, Maser, and Meta had short notice to dive behind a 3 meter makeshift barricade exhumed from the rusting and now smoking tables of the pirate’s mess hall.
    Pinned down from five turrets high on the ceiling the stuttered bolts steadily swept the room in a synchronizing strategic pattern. The only safe place was in the middle and low to the ground. Meta had always commented the middle is always the worst trail to be caught in. The turrets had centered the Chiss to their current predicament. Lying under at least 2 tables each there was not much room to maneuver. It was suicide to stand up and deliver the relatively easy retaliatory blast to the turrets shielded control boxes from their unique weapons.
    Alpha roared over the firepower; “Our camo is no good except for the wets! Maser I want shots at the turrets when Meta and I take a walk”.
    A few well placed shots tested the durability of tables just within reach. Quickly Alpha and Meta cobbled together bivouacs that were strong enough to withstand at least a few rounds.
    “Wait, put those on our flanks now,” screamed Meta as a hail of blaster fire smashed into the prefabricated metal.
    “I don’t think they can spot us boss, this barricade and us would be toast by now. They don’t centre, it must be on auto fire at the moment with a predetermined strike pattern,” Meta informed them. “They find us in the room then the turrets are set on autofire”.
    “What are you basing your assumption on?” Alpha barked
    “We are still alive, and the fact that half these strikes are aimed in what looks like a random pattern but infact keeps us from getting to any side corner or exit. Look at that turret on your 3 o’clock, its just hitting a pattern, it should have fragged us by now, only occasionally will it rake us, lets just say in 3 more seconds we have to dive to our sixes and then leap forward to avoid the other on our 9.”
    In unison all three leapt and were unscathed by the turrets fury, the two flanking barricades added more protection as they rolled back to their safe haven
    Maser snapped “Meta you genius, tell us when we get a break”.
    “When you take out the one on our six and three!”
    The three again hid behind their improvised shields as another strike raked their position. Out of a small gap in the defence a bolt richochetted to singe Alpha Reds calve muscle, he grunted with pain but continued to hold his position.
    “Right,” Maser whispered with determination, he dumped his powerful Charric and gripped his snipers stock in a fluid motion. The turret strike dazzled his already red retinas but he still looked through the scope and ignored the pain. A large crack from the muzzle instantly shot a fast moving projectile that centered on a power box at the rear of an emplacement. Incandescent light erupted from the turret adding to the unpleasant green laser strikes which steadily rained down on the Chiss.

“Hurry,” Alpha Red quipped as he winced in pain from a sheered piece of bivouac that had momentary buckled his shin gauntlets. Maser swung around to take the next target. Instantly his scope was stained by masses of red liquid, he looked up to see blood spurting from a hole in the lifeless cavity of Meta’s cranium. As a seasoned campaigner, Maser wiped the scope and howled. He took aim and purposefully discharged round after round into a laser turret. The bellow of his sorrow and scream outmatched the decibel level of the defensive strikes.
    Meta crumpled in slow motion to the ground, liquid puddled around the unmoving humanoid.
    Alpha keened, “That’s enough Mas, form up”.
    Instinctively Maser obeyed and held a table over his head with one hand and expertly removed the spent cartridge, he slotted a new magazine into place, all the while he emotionally stared at his fallen comrade. He swore in anger and cursed in hate. The laser strikes harshly fired onto parts of the barricade, the onslaught diminished somewhat so that it felt like a blizzard from Csilla battering down on his emotional roof. Bewildered, Maser looked at Alpha who popped up and took out another turret clearing a line to backtrack to an exit door.
    “There will be justice,” whispered Maser as he knelt over his comrade to place a sensor det under his body.

“I promise you there will be justice.”

Alpha tapped Maser on the shoulder,

” The C’s are pinned down, our primary objective is aborted, we need to rendezvous with the others and deal out some Chiss righteousness.”

Maser howled like a fictitious blizzard wolf.

3. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    The pirate trios approach to the magnetic field was unhindered, they quietly slipped into the massive hangar bay aided by repulsors that let them hover some twenty meters above the hangers ferrocrete base. Funsuhh exchanged a comlink with Mishy while Panders began to sweat and occasionally grip his ear necklace. He became sickened by the feel of his own fresh souvenir, his own ear still hung loosely in the motley assortment of trophies. He grabbed for the control yoke again; feeling utterly violated. Funsuhh’s thumbs were micro millimeters away from the antiquated firing studs of the ARC 170 lasers. In silence Mishy sat in the back seat preparing herself, she could feel a slight sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, concentrating on the slipping feeling she closed her eyes and thought of her father. A huge surge of pain and energy collided within her, she melded her anger and pictured her mother via Crabman and even Ulair. A small Jorus C’baoth and even Panders managed to sneak into her mind. Her blonde hair slowly tore loose and started to stand on end whilst she opened her eyes which had turned a sickly orange hue. Mishy tugged at her backpack straps making sure there was a tight and snug fit, she held her green lightsaber whilst also examining her two other sabers for ease of extraction. Grunting and keening to herself, like an overactive canine chomping at the bit, rearing to go she psyched herself up to a fever pitch.

Fast plans with scoundrels, she thought; this may get me killed, they must have another stratagem to eliminate me and take it all, unless what they say is right they need me for a time.
    The blue repulsors of the ARC 170 glided around the battlefield, few bodies could be counted but extensive damage was apparent. Immediately Funsuhh activated all scanners and flicked a switch igniting powerful lamps which illuminated the hangar.
    In awe Panders whispered, “Look at all those ships, there’s enough for all different types of smuggling! Oh no there’s Dedicarr’s transport, wait there’s Dantied lying flat at the ramp. Dammit he’s the bosses son we gotta take him out now. Funsh shoot!”
    Nothing happened.
    “What are you doing?” snapped Panders.
    Funsuhh didn’t loose sight of his quarry, but still didn’t fire, “Loose element of surprise if we shoot, land and let Mishy kill, we set down, aim for doors that’s all, stick to plan. Think he dead anyways”.

Panders glanced at his friend and settled, “OK,Ok, yeh your right too much adrenaline”, he the stole a quick look at Mishy and cursed to himself at her ferocious features.

“$%^&* me”, was all he could say to himself as he gawked at the little Force user. A terrible sight to beholden him, Mishy was a sheen of sweat which covered her pallid puffy face, bared fangs slathered and a scrunched up nosed accentuated her fierce demeanor. The Force users slight blue varicose veins rose to the surface of her forehead, but it was the eyes that did it for Panders; those orange eyes, slowly turning red like a dying sun, her pupils wide as black holes. Panders knew she was on a whole different level of perception. Quickly he turned back and never wanted to look around again.
    The ARC in a slow and refined touchdown set down near the Dedicarrs YT transport, Funsuhh’s cannons aimed at the exits, while Panders hit the canopy release button which slowly opened the transparent roof . He dared not look around but couldn’t help his mouth
    “#$%^me,” he said again but cleared his mind and continued, “Go get em, do it”.

Panders and Funsuhh felt a gale of wind rise past each other as Mishy Force jumped out of the vessel rotating and igniting her green lightsaber to dive roll next to Danteids body and slash at his exposed neck, lopping of his head. Mishy darted up the YT’s landing ramp and quickly plunged her lightsaber into the locking mechanism. Without any alarm being raised she slowly willed the door up and entered the Yt transport. For twenty long seconds Funsuhh and Panders went white with shock at the callousness they just witnessed, they looked away from the exit doors as a slow minute passed where Mishy was somehow silent in Dedicarrs Transport, Funsuhh broke rank and roared,
    “She lie, she can she fly!?”
    “How the hell am I supposed to know, that She just lopped off Dantedid’s head and he was already dead, how am I to know what’s going on in that mind? We only just met her a day ago and it’s not like were chums, but no I reckon she can’t fly otherwise we would be dead already, wait up” Panders patched his comlink to Mishy, “What are you doi…...”,
    Mishy darted out of the YT like quicksilver waving to the pirates with her comlink
    “Two more in the hold, I think I can sense every living being, call Chaemy and tell her to open up. Don’t double cross me boys”!

Claw, Coroner and Charric barely evaded the pinpoint accuracy of laser strikes. In retaliation grenades, charrics and bolts had some effect on the twenty or so turrets. Like a crowded dance floor at a drunken discotech , the confined corridor had a new environment of acrid smoke clouding the viewing of expert dancing Chiss; they formed liquid moves dancing around strobes of red and green death. Hails of blaster fire stuttered around whilst the golden spider like droid twisted and turned around the remaining turrets using it’s blue force field to stop the enemies well practiced routine. The cam droids had dispersed either littering the floor or sneaking out to access other parts of the base. Amid the chaos Claw barked orders.
    “Aim at your 12 and peel right, thump another booma in quadrant 4, eliminate turret three, keep an eye on goldy it hasn’t attacked us yet”.
    “Maybe it’s pure defensi…….”
    A high pitched shriek punched through their earpieces, Charric flew upwards, quickly ensnared and hung in the air. He became tangled by a tendril of electricity coming from the spider like droid. He struggled in its grip, trying to loosen a grenade from his belt whilst blue gouts of voltage snaked through his body. His trigger finger was still locked on and peppered the droid with maser fire. The force field flickered and some shots penetrated turning the appendages to a molten red. His desperate attempt made the droid even more agitated; it squeezed him into a smaller package whilst a golden limb burst from constant bombardment. Suddenly, silence descended. Turrets stop spitting death at the other two soldiers and swiveled to pursue only Charric. Coroner and Claw continued to fire as they watched their comrade being flung all the way to the end of the corridor out of reach and range. The turrets erupted again, quickly flaying the captive, lasers ripped through him igniting his already electrified body, the force and pressure bounced him like a yo-yo. He became engulfed in flame. His charred and cauterized remains bobbed up and down holding little semblence of humanoid form. The eerily silent spiderlike droid still hung upside down, it retracted it’s tendril, unceremoniously dropping the carcass through the smoke far away from the two remaining Chiss. In the silence again emplacements swiveled to seek out the remaining soldiers. The duo skittered backwards with eyes widened searching for any means of escape.

Bottoms scratched, noses picked and the fetid smells of unwashed beings that would make even a Gamorreaen blush created a unlikely backdrop to the death in front of the reservist pirates.
    “That’s a lot of fight’n in there” an impressed Rodian whispered to his sidekick, a meathead of a man called Dagger.
    15 pirates in an assortment of ill fitting protective gear had patiently stared at a solid blastdoor for five minutes, their attention focused only on the door like waiting to get off an elevator. They had been instructed to stand guard behind the corridor blast door just in case the intruders had bigger dets than one could believe possible. Chaemy wanted them to to get up close and hear the cacophony of sound that penetrated most of the interior of the base, she said this would show them that they were not so hardcore and if they kept boasting and prostrating about their lies of bravado she would turn the turrets on them. Braincells she said were a scarce commodity for this lot.

“What’s takin Chaemy so long? Dammit I got thirty seconds and then I lose 10 creds. She’s normally an A to B girl! It should have been over 2 minutes ago”, the same Rodian keened.

“Ten to one Chaemy dies!” a Jawa called out

“I’ll take that, 20 creds.”

“I’---lll take 50 creds,” a drunken Ishi Tib spluttered from his flagon.

Money was exchanged and intoxicants were again consumed. No-one had taken their eyes off the door, 15 drunken, spiced out pirates; the bottom of the barrel, again remained focused on slightly shifting and swaying drab door. Their weapons all locked and loaded waiting for the chance for some drunken and spice induced carnage.

Dagger shook his head in disgust, his blade and pistol in hand menacingly swayed around his line of vision. He continued to stare at the bare blast door trying to ignore his so called friends rants. He swore to himself, he didn’t belong here with this lot of meat popsicles. Punching out Danteid was not something I should get demoted for, just because Jarvis had a soft spot for his friend doesn’t mean he should have anything to do with who’s hired or fired on the head! Bloody family connections it #$$^%^ stupid.
    Dagger, sheathed his vibro-knife into his belt and started to extract a container of Spice from his undergarments chest pocket. In the darkness of his jumpsuit he secretly popped the lid from the container and inhaled deeply.

SSSSSNNNIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

A flood of euphoria entered his mind as adrenaline peaked and opiates flooded his grey matter.
    Automatically some sensation of clarity smashed into his spaced out mind, he blabbed out uncontrollably,
    “Chaemy dies no one collects, we will all be dead!”
    After an awkward silence a drunken Twileck agitated screamed.
    “Give me back my money you little ya furry little sandwasp”.

The Jawa taking the bets as bold and brazen as anyone lifted his hands in mock forgiveness and blurted

“A bets a bet, I can’t help it if you’re stupid drunk or drugged!”

Another humanoid chirped up,” Maybe she’s got her hands full, we can’t see them you know, they’ve got that camouflage skin on them, even their weapons are invisible.

“How many in their?”, Dagger inquired, his eyes seeing arachnids of blue and turqoise skitter up and down a mulitcolour 5 dimensional door

“Six”,a voice from somewhere to the right called back as if echoed from a billion lightyears away.

“Six? Why six? Where did you pull that number from? ya bum!” Dagger, as like everyone still didn’t look around, all transfixed in their own private debauchery.

an echo that didn’t seem real fluted through the haze of Daggers mind,
    “Chaemy said their were six in the YT ya &@#$!”

“Yeh knob, in the ship! what about in the corridors?” Dagger sarcastically spat out.

“Hannng on I’ll find outtt, the drunken Ishi Tib sputtered, “ hey my tatts turning pink, what does that mean?”

“Don’t go in the sonics when your around princess!” Dagger giggled as everyone else rolled up the sleeves and checked their initiation tattoo.

After awhile rummaging for more intoxicants, checking their tattoos and simply consuming all the stimulants require for their heady depravity the entire crew stood and stared at the grey rusting blastdoor. Although some saw something completely different they were all oblivious to their surroundings.

The Force gathered around Mishy, everything she saw or felt had small opaque lines running through it, reality was in slow motion; everything collided with time but she was always faster. To Mishy her movements were so slow that she wanted to nudge or grasp the lines to form a new structures. She sensed everything at the molecular level, solid objects still had mass and therefore atoms; molecules revolved around nucleotides forming a solid state. Inert objects had very slowly drifting moving molecules but were extremely dense, enough to stay in the same place. Whereas when Mishy spied upon her own arms and legs her molecular structure was ever changing, virtually tangling up with different mass particles to form meiosis cross mitosis structure. Over this structure was some sort of faint halo, a blue green energy field that was weak in her shins and thighs but extremely radiant around her torso, arms and face with more wriggling green and blue lines floating around just off her skin. The dim light of the corridor she found herself in did not impede her vision, her sense in the Force accentuated everything, sound could be witnessed and anticipated due to the fact that air was being pushed from her mouth and she could feel and see the molecules disperse in a wave pattern. However, her lightsabers were the hardest to look at; they radiated power, too dense by being fluid, too light by being heavy. She looked further along the corridor and saw recesses within straight lines, electrical conduits and swivel structures were housed; turrets were hidden behind slide doors. One recess however was much larger, forming an airlock. She concentrated and recognized the life signatures of 12 beings, all armed with dense ball like structures and many pistols. Their body signatures were somehow inert but ravenlike, they teemed with unruly thoughts, hesitations and euphoria. They were so diverse but stunk of desperation and adrenaline.
    Mishy brought up her Comlink,
    “There’s laser turrets and 12 pirates up ahead, have you contacted Chaemy yet?”

4. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Panders whispered into the link slightly bemused,

” She said she’s a bit busy right now, there are 5 no 4 commando’s that are tear’n up the joint. They have camouflage suits on and are armed to the teeth, one duo is being monitored and about to be pulverized and the other is offline at the moment. She wishes you a most honorable death as you won’t be needed.”
    Panders paused and then continued,” I’m not sorry for your impending death Mishy but I think she underestimates you, so I leave you with this, keep your comlink, things may change, there are only 45 sentinents left within the base.”
    “I bet you can do it and we still will be covering the Hangar for at least an hour, we will honor our bargain”.
    The comm clicked off. Mishy became incensed, she screamed into the comlink ,“I said don’t double cross me!”
    Her shout echoed through the silent corridor.

Muteness reigned for what seemed an eternity as Mishy ignited another saber. She felt unseen eyes converge on her. Her comm crackled again, it was Funsuhh that could be heard through the piece seemingly jostling with Panders, the strain in his voice was easy to recognize

“ We not hhhhm, we do our jobs arrrg , no more no less you get to communications and finish of…….f j..”

Static ensued.

Funsuhh seemed to have been cut off.
    ****************************************************************************************

Within the drab ferrocrete lined corridor Mishy stood, her mood was of utter hatred and contempt. The little Force user punched out her chin and imagined old Crabman looking through the holocam, laughing at her….. Mishy sensed the intricacy of doom revolving around her.

Through the Force Mishy could hear and feel a mechanical vibration of cogs quickly biting into new teeth. This gave Mishy the tip that the niches were opening, she gathered herself and remembered what the dead Jedi Master C’baoth said about her defense. Gathering in her fury she prepared for the onslaught. In slow motion the niches opened and began to spit death.

******************************************************************************************

Panders in a scooping octave tone screamed,
    “Shaadup, stop it, just let her go ya @##$$#”
    Funsuhh ignored him and slapped his best friend as hard as he could without breaking any of his bones, “ You won credits off Roko for Iron guts, we go be smugglers now,
    “but can’t in this 3 man fighter, what are we gunna smuggle, mites?”
    Panders stopped struggling and palmed his friends large hands off his neck. Recalcitrantly he spat out,
    “No we buy a transport with loot”.
    “Me think she good with sabers and magic, maybe help us and not take money away if we help her, she no idea about real universe, we do. Few pirates in base, maybe she take them out and we get bigger ship if everyone else dead. Maybe we have bigger ship and whole base to ourselves with all credits.”
    “You greedy bastard!” Panders said with all the love a brother at arms could portray. A wave of silence descended the Arc again, Panders mulled over the odds, Funsuhh smiled dreaming of being rich and powerful his hands again held the his thumbs over the laser stubs. “You no kill her if she wins”

Panders said nothing.

*********************************************************************************************
    Time slowed but her senses seemed to intensify, she engaged her sabers and clutched onto them, Mishy opened her arms wide as to seek a quick death . The turrets started from the far end of the corridor opening up one by one spitting bright green and red darts of laser death towards her. Three emplacements raked the corridor, filling the atmosphere with ozone discharge and carbon scoring whilst two continued bombarding solid lines around the exits. The ferrocrete walls and floor started to chink and gout sharp splinters. Strikes started to lance towards Mishy’s position. Within a heartbeat she closed her profile, ran and jumped. The Force accentuating the high leap so as to bound over 2 turret positions. She stuck on the ceiling, defing gravity, watching the turrets continue a predetermined strike pattern. A cam slotted to the far end tracked her movement, she shouted at it
    “Chaemy stop this, listen to me I am here to help you don't know how to beat me!"

The lasers intensified in fury, but their strikes had little effect at all. Over the din she skitterd down the wall like an arachnid and secreted herself onto the wall directly above a hissing turret. She disengaged her sabers and began to look around for options, her eyes brightened to a nova hurricane. The blond psycopath chortled to the holocam as she watched ratchets try to aim above their peak levels.
    “Chaemy hear me, I’m not here to kill you. Funsuhh and Panders want you for your skill. Don’t die when you can have so much, your captain and all its crew have been killed, I saw it happen. This is what’s left we can have it all, I intend to share it with you, Funsuhh and Panders only.”
    The lasers continued and some began to permanaently try to obliterate her position.
    Mishy's face contorted and she screamed, “OK, you will see I’m not to be trifled with”.

The little Force user unstuck a hand and unleashed a powerful arc of electricity downwards towards the closest opposite turret, the electric jolt fried the semiconductor technology instantaneously . Within 2 seconds she casually, almost fluently slid down the wall whilst igniting both sabers to dive roll and lanced out the closest turret. Mishy impaled the system almost delicately. Sparks arced and fell hauntingly, splattering on the corridor floor like in an ultrachrome works factory.

More cannons began to track Mishy as if they sensed the young girls power and skill. The Force engulfed Mishy as she hit the ground and battered multiple strikes which ricocheted down the acrid corridor. She began to sprint past turrets with auto fire and concentrated on a set that tracked her every move. She found herself in a quandary of sorts, the emplacements tempered themselves high and low and in a crisscrossing pattern, aiming straight down her lines of attack and escape. She had been snookered in the first five seconds of fighting. The young Force user snarled, her orange eyes pierced the smoky environment as she instinctively jumped through the pocket of laser fire spiraling her body whilst deflecting two bolts that were sure to kill her. She landed fast and hard past the turrets and within a blink of an eye jumped, back flipped and slashed the offending turrets, sheering them off at their trunks. Continuing with inertia and gravity, Mishy immediately shut down her sabers and flipped the pommels around using the Force and stopped dead in her tracks. Two pairs of turrets still on auto fire blocked her access to new progress. The pommels continued to serenely dance around her light frame.
    Mishy eyed the holocam, “Shut them down and we can talk.”
    The lasers continued to punch holes in the ferrocrete corridor in their pre-determined strike pattern, the other turrets she left behind in turn did not track her.
    Mishy casually looked at the airlock up ahead and raised an eyebrow at the cam. Her sabers clipped backed to her belt as if by magic. The airlock began to cycle and she could sense the determination of 12 beings about to unleash paniced hell on her. The young Force user drew her arms into her chest, balling her fists and propelled them at the door. The airlock cycle stopped, suddenly a commotion of banging could be perceived behind the lock. She looked again at the Holocam again and snarled then shut her eyes and pointed her left hand at the room. She found what she was looking for and invisibly grabbed at it and took it to the back of the room and clicked the detonation stud. Shouts of panic rose over the laser fire din, a loud WHUUMP echoed in the lock as a sickly expanding euphoric blinding light lite the base of the access as the mini thermal detonator sucked in all living tissue and fragmented ion chains to leave nothing but a blistering irradiated recess. Mishy opened her ruby red eyes and smiled at the cam. Again she balled her fists and let a burst of Force power out which obliterated the turrets directly infront of her and the durasteel hinges of the heavy framed airlock. Mishy then sent wave after wave of jabbing Force power to buckle the airlock door. After a time Mishy casulaly walked forward and inspected the site, she giggled at the sanitized destruction and then clicked her fingers. Three spheres covered in white dust floated out. She chortled at the Holocam and made the mini thermal detonators juggle before pocketing one and sending the other two in opposite directions, both careening and skittering through the corridor. Nonchalantly she ignited her sabers again as she pointed them at the cam and hissed.
    “I told you so”. With the Force Mishy lifted the door and walked into the airlock, the door jammed back into place as white euphoric light bedazzled the corridor and irradiated everything the light touched.

5. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Two invisible figures glided through a deserted antechamber, glistening droplets of sweat fell on the floor which slightly gave away their position. Alpha and Maser ran nonstop, hurdled debri, dodged turrets that threatened to obliterate them and shot more than a few pirates . It was a nightmare to say the least, their extension guns were also fast losing grip as they jettisoned themselves to the ceiling again and again to avoid the automatid turrets. From years of solid scrimmaging or by luck alone it was Alpha that chanced to use the antiquated device. For a team that worked mostly on stealth it was a unique experience to blast everything as they levitated over the turrets maximum elevation.
    Poor planning for someone so obliviously intent on killing everyone, Maser thought as he quickly dispatched another panicky pirate, this one he noted was female and not a partially attractive one. Clothed in gawdy beast leather he noted she was slender in her abdomen area, her arms rippled with muscles and her red and green mangy hair cut a sharp and imposing figure. She lay glittering with blood, tattoos of griffins and random piercings. To think she may have even enjoyed the pain that was offered by the needles that injected ink or gouted holes in her extremities. Various winged creatures and skeletal nightmares adorned her torso and arms, the teeth of these denizens were made out of metallic piercings further accentuating her polarized exterior. She layed awkwardly from the sudden death but for one final second he noted an insignia of a battleship glow on her right arm, curiously, the same motif as everyone else he and his crew had shot.

Alpha shouted over his shoulder as he pumped his legs to a sprint,“We have to get them out, I’m tearing this hell hole down as soon as we do. Whe’re coming up to a partial causeway,two more corners and we’re there. Get the big stuff out, we leave nothing to chance.”
    Maser quipped, “I can’t get a feed to them, they have us jammed real good”.
    Alpha showed a blue cube , a massive det the size of his double fist, “Don’t worry about it I’ve something in mind that’ll get their attention”.
    The two invisible characters whizzed around the last corner and were rocked by a far away detonation. The innards of the complex gyrated, the foundations of the base creaked, cracks ran up the seams and unbeknown to the Chiss a causeway irradiated itself.

At least Meta’s sacrifice was not in vain , both acknowledged to themselves on hearing the detonation.

The twoskidded around a corner and came into range of a comical assortment of an art gallery audience mixed with a seedy spice den. 15 dimwitted so called sentients had their backs unguarded steadying their balance after the massive tremor to continue to stare at a drab blast door, no-one looked around for possible danger, nor look out for their comrades, they were obviously just taking orders and did nothing apart from puffing on intoxicants.
    “Hey my Tatt’s turning pink, what does that mean?” Maser heard,
    What? Why would a tattoo turn pink?
    “Don’t go into the sonics when your around princess”, some smart mouth retorted.
    Maser laughed to himself as he was about to unleash hell on the dim witted pirtaes from behind,
    No guards,
    no perimeter,
    no fortifications,
    no chance.
    He sighted his Charric, Dumb and not very funny.
    He triggered his Charrics fury on the group when suddenly he saw 10 turrets fly out of niches, swivel and fire towards him.
    Not again, he whined.
    He launched his extension gun as his Charric bolt found its mark. With his infrared vision he chanced a look at Alpha who sailed a blue det towards the dim witted pirates as he too propelled himself in the air and over the tracking turrets.
    As the highly visible det clanged to a stop, magnetizing to the blast door and a unlucky pirate crumpled to floor from a head shot, the first laser strike emitted from the closest barrel. All fifteen pirates body language changed from boredom to super alert,
    Must be the spice, Alpha laughed to himself.
    Suddenly, a massive explosion devastated the blast door and the standing sentients. The first row was instantly vaporized whilst the rest had segments of their bodies hurled like shrapnel back down the corridor to the abseiling Chiss.
    The two Chiss leaned into the explosive fragments of flash fried gore, the feeling of pelting sleet from Csilla came to Alphas mind , Maser on the other hand shouted at the blast like a madman
    “Take that ya @#$%^&^$%’s! Kill my friend will ya, I’m gunna flay who’s ever in control of these turrets, I’m gunna rip your throat through your sphincter! “ he took a breath and looked at Alpha with a twinkle in his eye,
    “Hey Red, can ya give us a hand?”
    “What the turrets? Oh Ok,” Alpha admonished himself and quickly eradicated the flawed turrets range of motion.
    “Not what I had in mind but it was still needed boss, well for a few more seconds at least,” Meta shouted as he descended into the depths for an instant only to propel himself back up right next to the point where the blast door had been twenty five seconds before. Strangely a hand somehow got stuck to his belt.
    He continued, “ While you’ve been happy playing pop goes the turret I’ve sighted the C’s there’s only two like us!”
    “What?, where?” Alpha Reds voice gave way and croaked with joy.
    Maser came up calmly and announced,“Just go find 3 different right hands boss, they are com’n to us”
    Puzzled, Alpha Red had only one thing to say at the ludicrously sick premise
    “What?”
    Again Maser used his most polite adolescence caricature to convey his message as he pointed down to the floor that was littered with fresh body parts.
    “Go and find 3 hands with tattoos on them.”
    A million thoughts ran through Alphas mind as he balefully stared in amazement at Maser

Of course he’s lost it, he just saw his best mate die. Oh no not trophies again! Maybe we need hands to use thumb identification, oh no not retinas too.. I’m not doing that, I outrank him… no way, not again. He’s the one that enjoys rifling through guts, oh I just can’t stand the sounds… ah yuck dammit Why did I think of that?
    But all that came out was another dumb. “Why?”
    “Why!” swelling again to the madman Maser shouted,“Why! Cause I’m sick of jumping up and down like a fricken costa ficken arachnid that’s why, those tatts stop the laser turrets!
    “Ok, Ok” Alpha tutted as he slowly transcended down into the steamy atmosphere of ground level.
    What an environment, Alpha almost gagged, well at least there no smell. The sight made his stomach muscles contract. Blue and red blood covered the floor, clumps of flesh hung smattered on the corridor leaving trickling and building puddles to dodge everywhere. Gore stained and hung from blasted turrets whilst bits of beings littered the causeway forming a river that converged near the slight twists that the Chiss had considered blind corners.
    Alpha picked his way through the limbs coming up with two it fairly quick fashion. It suddenly dawned on him that the music had stopped and he could hear more laser turrets further along crack their own melody.
    “Hey why am I doing this? What are you doing?” he eyed Maser above in the gloom. Maser cited his snipers stock, Chiss blood still caked outside of the scope.
    “Keepin a look out boss and getting ready to fire, something’s chasn I think Charric and Claw. Now shut up and let me concentrate.”
    Maser continued to aim for what took an eternity, he spoke to himself although he knew Alpha was listening “It looks like a Jedi Killer droid, smart little so and so shielding the turrets, not to worry”, he concentrated and held his breath.
    “ In line and pop! “, Maser shouted.
    The sniper pumped three quick rounds into an arachnid like droids cranium. The golden spider like beast dropped from the ceiling in a torrent of arms and legs that was engulphed into the dissipating mist.
    Still slightly swinging from the discharge Maser continued, “Great innovation those things, but they can’t kill, they go crazy and self destruct, what they can do is shock and use their scanners to shield themselves and I’m guessing they can use those shields to stop the C’s from hitting the turrets. Limited perception range thou. Anyway it won’t be getting up for awhile at least, I’m sure I got the tank that holds the eels!”

“Eels?” Alpha questioned
    “Yep force sensitive ones, they are intuitive and the more time you spend with them the more likelihood your gunna die, they catch on the quickest out of any droid brain.”
    “Droids,” Alpha huffed in disproval as he picked up the final arm.
    Maser shot back and descended,“Cleaner than what you’ve got in your hands boss!”.

6. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Not for the first time had Chaemy overestimated her ability; confidence was the key but sometimes she thought bravado was fool hardy. The petite Chadra Fan had just clicked off with Panders and Funsuhh fully aware that Deciman and the rest of the crew were now lost. It had gone from good to bad in five minutes but had deteriorated from bad to worse in the following two. Her eagerness to trap the original intruders so close to her had been error number one. Being a Chadra –Fan she didn’t design her turrets to cover the very heights of the roof, thinking it was impossible to traverse through corridors unless on foot. Her blast doors were extremely flimsy, the incursion team had larger detonators than expected and she had wrongly guessed their mission was to take the base, only now she realized it was to blow it up, that was error number two. Error number three was her poor strategy with her so called fighting force; the pirates she had to admit were the bottom of the barrel but did what she asked of them. Her ace in the hole had failed miserably, the JK or Jedi Killer droid, had been lost to a sniper and now Chaemy thought she was virtually blind and defenseless. And last but certainly not least, error number four was a loose psychopath killing her only reserves, this bold little girl had sapped Chaemy of her confidence in the last two minutes, having watch her decapitate poor Danetid and then run at phenomenal speeds to gain entry to the entire base. In one minute she witnessed the little girl energetically jump up over the range of the turrets and spurt strands of electricity that had fried the circuits in her battlements only to finish the others off with some type of laser sword. The child confused her, this couldn’t be a Jedi or a student Padawan. No Force user she had known would have the audacity to flick a mini- thermal detonator into the airlock full of stunned pirates or kill any other unarmed or unconscious being.

Chaemy chuckled, Maybe I’m in love.

She turned serious, and had a conversation to herself

Maybe I better do what Panders and Funsuhh say?
    What am I without this rock?
    At least they respect me! Look at all that stuff, all ours!
    What if that girl kills the incursion team? She becomes the boss. What if the incursion team kills her? I’m probably next or even before!
    Hmm she’s probably easy to manipulate. I’ll have to be careful, she looks dangerous.
    Better have her than being dead! Ok.
    One last thing to save my sorry soul.

With that, Chaemy moved a small keg of liquid towards a monitoring pressure valve, she pressed a large red flashing button which unsealed the valve. She grudgingly poured the contents into the water system. Slowly she replaced the seal and hit the button twice to make it flash green. The Chandra Fan sat back at her desk and watched 4 soldiers look up and one girl sardonically smile as water vapor from fire sprinklers filled the base. Chaemy opened up a line of communications with Panders and Funsuhh

In a bitter and heavily accented basic ,she said into the comlink

“I’m in Ok, how are we going to play this?.”

Panders and Funsuhh sat within the darkened enclosed canopy of the ARC-170, their silhouettes flickered as they watched lasers on autofire light up the hangar. Hardpoints aside, there was minimal destruction. No vessels were going to be permanently damaged due to the relatively weak blasts, notwithstanding an accumulation of carbon scoring started to cake some of the older vessels. Funsuhh counted the amount of man hours it was going to take in maintenance. Panders spoke to Chaemy through slitted eyes,
    “Call on your reserves and get them to soften those intruders up, fire whatever you got at them, we can easily pawn a ship and refit this place later.”

Chaemy hesitated, “There’s not many left maybe 10 tops, and those intruders are Chiss! I’ve just highlighted them and everyone else with superstick”

“Radioactive stuff?”, Funsuhh questioned

Panders put a hand and muffled the link whispering to his buddy, “No, it’s harmless nothing a sonic won’t cure”.

He continued back to Chaemy, “Well that’s the leverage you need for Mishy. Lie to her and say you’re the only one with the cure. Use it.” Panders hesitated and ran a hand over his cauterized ear stub, “she will kill you if you don’t. Run encrypted channel 5 beta redsomic and you should talk to her yourself. Funsuhh and I are sitting tight our guns are at the doors for another half an hour at least.”

Chaemy brightened over the link, “Good I don’t think all our dregs are so pliable, they might try and bang out. I see on the monitors you’ll have to stand by your word ,a group of four is coming your way.”

Panders eyed the exits “We will see that they don’t, and no more turrets, shut them down!”

The little Chandra Fan shrieked, “No way, those Chiss are too close, I’m just pointing them down the last corridor on autofire. I’m only hoping that Mishy gets here to stop them, otherwise we are all dead, they’ve got shape chargers with enough kick to turn this place into dust. Oh yeah ya little cowards if you come out, your Deaths Head Tattoo will change colours , the turrets will not track you.”

Funsuhh blurted into the comlink,“ tell Mishy, more leverage.”

“Yeh!, Hey?”, Chaemy paused not knowing how to form her question, “is she a Jedi?”

Panders gripped his ears and whined, “I doubt it, she’s to ruthless, maybe she’s rouge. She wants this bolt hole. Before you meet her eye to eye and you’ll know what I mean when you see her, tell the kid you can teach her about security and reecing.”
    “We are all up to our necks aren’t we?”, Chaemy questioned.
    Funsuhh continued in an animated form gesturing wildly with his arms waving around like the Corellian sea anemone, “Get blown up? Could!, Get shot down! Shouda! , get killed by girl! She let us live! Already suppose to be dead! what we get is Mishy and we get rich by keepn her alive.”

Panders looked at his sidekick rolling his eyes ,“Your overly fond of her, why?”
    Funsuhh looked at Panders, his craggily face finally lit up, “Me want to be dad again!”
    Chaemy through the link sniped ,“You’ll be bringing up a murderer”.
    Panders continued listing on his fingers,” And a liar, and a thief and a con artist and a….
    Funsuhh stopped him midsentence with a powerful slap to the forehead eliciting a muffled squelch. “She be one of us then, she be better than us soon, better profit by it now or be killed”.
    Panders huffed, “Jeez ya think you know a guy; greedy bastard!”

Slightly swinging above the trajectory of the few remaining turrets, Maser again looked into his blood caked sniper scope. Point three of a rotation and yet another cannon would be vaporized. Claw and Coroner had managed to retreat to the holding position where they found the right appendages and stuffed them into their belts. They cobbled together improvised balustrades and began to advance again on the rear of the final blind corner. Anticipation was palpable, the stink of Chiss pheromones were so caustic for Alpha Red that his 128 bit spectrum light goggles consequently fogged to a point that he unceremoniously ripped the uncomfortable piece off his face and threw them into the mayhem of the automatic laser strikes. Within a second small shards of glass fused with molded steel to erupt and danced before the quartet, piroretting to the drab ferocrete floor.
    Maser quipped swinging himself around the corner and firing” Last one”
    A bolt of pure hatred hit a relay box, sparks flew as the laser turret detonated within itself. The fortifications mechanical life ebbed away, dry laser shots dissipating and puffing smoke eking through the nozzles; the decrescendo ping of melting innards gave it’s final death knell. Maser smiled for a microsecond as he took a quick smile at his handiwork, but other turrets continued automated volleys.

Elite Six scrambled under shields into a small Chelone formation, a technique successfully implemented on the basis of amphibious and mammalian land tortoises from Avidich. Claw and Maser formed the lead shield cover, protecting the horizontal strikes whilst Alpha and Coroner lifted shields above the squad’s heads to fend off vertical annihilation. Each step was met with intense laser strikes that smashed into thick plates, a red hot glow slowly established alluding to the event horizon within the centre of the shields . Step by step the quartet pushed against a maelstrom of energy. Relentless in their goal, Claw could almost feel the blast door a few meters infront of them. The ringing in his ears intensified as all strikes were moving towards the top of the formation
    “The Apex is coming up, squat down and take it” Alpha winced
    “Whoya” the team grunted
    Step by step their goal was coming up, behind the smoke the blast door loomed like a cliff face as a waterfall of green rain soaked the air. The fire system exploded into a storm that caked everything in a smattering of florescent slime. Countless defunct turrets hung uselessly idle, only 3 sets continued operation. The intensity ebbed away with each step. Suddenly Claw grunted in surprise as he trod on the remains of a spider like droid. Hyperspectral compound eyes of gold plate stared upwards at the quartet, like a monarchs treasure, it’s gold finery seemed out of place in such a battle. Under the barrage of laser strikes Maser kicked a segmented limb whilst he forcefully turned a heel on one of the extremities of the mechanical beast; a splinter his only reward.
    All knew what lie ahead, their fallen comrades smoking smell attacked their olfactory senses as laser strikes hurtled into their defense, only Chiss hearts broke. As one, Elite 6 hung their heads and closed ruby red eyes, no one could see or hear the wails that emanated from under the formation as they prayed for their lost brother. One foot infront of the another the squad advanced, a slight smattering of rain drenched by laser strikes. The Chiss vanguard kept the formation tight, the green florescent water added steam to their already hot temper. Through a peep hole, Coroner saw the lifeless torso of his brother ;Charric. He winced at the sight of a blue head detached some two meters from a torn spinal cortex. Alpha’s heartbeat thrummed in his ears, he blocked out the insistent laser strikes on the shell above his head with grunts of power. Tears mixed with grit from Claw trickled down his chin, with no way to wipe them off for fear of obstructing the tortoise like formation he looked down through watery eyes. Maser half huffed and half shrieked as his fallen comrades body fell upon his forward facing shield, he had the unceremonious job of pushing the carcass to the side of the corridor in order to continue.

7. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    After sprinting at breakneck speed, Mishy finally jogged to recuperate. The steady pace still could not calm her nerves, the Blueskins she had been so well versed in lay just around the corner. Her earliest memories was when her father Kenth sat her on his lap and told the story the Disaster of Outbound Flight, so versed in it that every man women and child aboard the doomed flight could recite it by wrote. Blueskins; how she loathed them.
    Around her pooled the blood of the fallen, unattached heads, torso’s and limbs littered the causeway. Shards of fabric stuck to the walls and parapets. Crenels of blasted laser turrets lined the corridor in a lifeless state of guard, their weapons exhausted, their relay boxes devastated. The constant smatter of laser fire could be perceived just ahead.
    Silently Mishy spoke into the link
    “I’m coming up to them”

The frantic voice of Chaemy issued a shrieked response
    “Their nearly upon me, do something!”
    Mishy sneered into the com, “What you changed your mind?”
    A clicking noise through the com held sway for what seemed an eternity.
    “Yes, now help me rid these vermin from our new fortress”.
    Mishy smiled at the response and commented dryly.
    “Turn the lasers off”.
    “No way, I’ve got them all on automatic now, just four left and those Chiss are forming a shield formation to break in, they are 10 meters away and closing. I’ve got nothing left.

An upswell of fear, hatred and confidence surrounded Mishy, her wet hair began to curl to form what looked like serpents lacing down her nape, a siren too beautiful to look at, to powerful to control, she hissed,
    “Count to ten and turn the lasers off, that is it, you don’t and they will get through anyways and when I’m done you will open the door up for me!”
    Again silence cycled through the com.
    “Ok, Mishy, just stop them”.
    Mishy shouted into the com as she could hear lasers pulverize shields around the last bend,“Count now!”

The young Force user stole a glance around the last corner, through intense laser strikes she saw beings with their backs to her trudging under shields for cover; Lasers smashed into shields which then ricocheted down the smoke filled hall. She noted with recognition that the Blueskins had no tail defense. Mishy held her largest lightsaber and like a reptilian snake slithered under the smoke to be no more than 10 meters from the foe. Counting to five, she sprung up under the cover of a smoke and the maelstrom of laser strikes that relentlessly smashed into the scorching shields ahead. Igniting the saber with a snap hiss, the blade glowed a multicolored whorl for a split second. The Force instantly spiked around her as if the saber somehow became a font of power. The Force flowed through her, every molecule that she owned and even the surrounding particles obey her command. Like a star going Nova, Mishy exploded. She gathered in her hatred and fear and hurled the large saber like a spear, aiming for the undefended back of the closest enemy on the left. The lightning strike was fast and true at the undefended spinal columns of the enemy. The large blade impaled two Blueskins sticking them as if they instantly melted together, the back of their necks fleetingly craned upwards, surprised by the intrusion in their spinal chords. The enemy defensive formation broke, two skewered Chiss started to crumble to the ground in slow motion, both pitched forward and fell to the scourged ferrocrete; toppling their shields and spilling massive detonators that leisurely jinked and bobbed in the smoky ocean. Gravity of the impalement took hold; the Chiss’ nonexistent shrieks seemed to mortify their deaths. The saber slid, it slowly drifted down the victims coxic’s causing devastating internal injuries. In what looked like a beautiful picture to Mishy the howls of anger of the befallen comrades brought her back within the Force. A rapid response was issued from the living enemy as the lasers in front of them instantly stopped.

They spun heaving their heavy shields over to face their adversary, so quick was their response that Mishy thought their shields to be as light as an avian feather. Expertly the Chiss concentrated their shots at the seen abomination, a young human with long wet blonde hair and the eyes of death. Mishy lit her other saber and deflected a bolt into the smoke at her feet. She sneered at the two marauders. The Chiss fired volley after volley at the young Force user. She expertly dodged and darted to the side, never really moving more than two feet. The Young girl smattered and swatted most of the well placed strikes back at her foes, a few however grazed her shins as smoke hid her form. Expertly, the Chiss arced their gargantuan sheets to ward off the counter attack. Blueskins brusquely yelled battlecry.
    Csopillata .. Amunuct Polaris

8. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    The surprise on hard lined Blueskin faces astonished Mishy, it was easy to see they were flabbergasted, the sight of a small wet human gave them pause for thought. Instinctively Mishy gave them cause to address reality as she ignited her remaining saber and flourished weapons to ward off intense strikes. Technicoloured gouts of energy splashed back and forth between the adversaries. The two blue skinned Chiss drew more weapons and began to track the young girl. A brief stalemate ensued, the Chiss unsure of how to deal with the new comer fired shot after shot whilst Mishy purposefully stood her ground and awaited the onslaught, batting back the lasers as if they were a mild distraction.

Time began to slow for Mishy, she perceived the intention of the Chiss and looked for options to counter the onslaught. Fire discharged round after round as she dodged, weaved and battered back projectiles of light and energy back into Chiss shields. Finally the little girl was a hairsbreadth early, over rotating her sabers; she staggered to the right, barely blocking a volley of powerful energy. Gouts of flame spewed in a one two combination from the muzzles of unique and deadly weapons, the timing awkwardly syncopated and staccattoed pushed her on the backfoot. Slowly, Mishy jigged and somehow danced to the tune, predicting the pattern, her sabers created a stunning defensive melody that counterpointed the devastating action of the Chiss. Within herself a voice of a proud Jorus Cboath, entered her mind and commanded her in a deep basso continuo nuance .

“Dispatch them, go to higher ground, your training is excelling. Preseve the Jedi and my teachings”.

With that, the girl instinctively let out a primal scream as she somersaulted vertically executing a flourished pirouette at the apex of the graceful leap swirling like a tornado . A large flash bang suddenly lit up like a mini nova under her feet. Be it luck or Jorus C'baoths command, Mishy’s eyes were glued to the ceiling when executing the move and instinctively her lids drew down and avoided the worst of the eruption. Upon the pinnacle Mishy began to hang in the air, the bright dying light below her gave her a divine silhouette. The ruby red eyes of the Chiss were dumbfounded, they stared transfixed at the apparition above them, their accuracy taken away.

Mishy looked like an aircraft taking flak fire from a ground assault. Like a raptor of the sky, Mishy’s talons of green and blue split to form a crucifix shape; the sonic boom of this action rattled the corridor. Hovering due to her Force levitation, Mishy let a sneer of disdain creep over her face. She drew her power and concentrated on the shields far below. The Chiss looked like small insectoids underneath their flimsy shells. She clapped the hilts of her sabers together smashing them like thunder from a vicious storm as she transcended to the floor. Her crimson eyes shot of burst of telekinetic energy towards the shields the Chiss held. Instantly, a pang and a grunt emanated together like someone knocking two goons heads concurrently, skittering the defensive weapons to the ferocrete floor.

The Chiss fired for all they were worth, repeaters became set on overdrive trying to stitch a patch work on Mishy as she dodged and weaved. Faster than the speed of light the little girl dashed to the side and shut down her sabers; dropping them to the ground.Their hilts echoed along the corridor like thick glass donging on metal. She raised her splayed hands in line with the offending weapons and through the Force gripped them; sending the blasters aim awry. Through the Force, powerful vice like hands tried to snatch the Blueskins weapons away, the Chiss however held the automatic weapons in a arm-wrestle of Force versus pure discipline. The weapons continued to fire indiscriminately at the ceiling. Mishy chatted a gargled laugh so hauntingly that the two Chiss struggled with possessed fury to bring their arms to bear; they twisted and squirmed, kicked and spat in desperation to aim at the Blonde witch. Mishy’s focus controlled the aim and the action of the weapons, she moved her index fingers inwardly like pressing a button countless times for a pinball paddle and used each hand to control both alien weapons. Slowly the weapons started to converge towards the young Force user.

Mishy redoubled her efforts and shrieked at them; the dynamics and tone being a fortissimo high pitch warbling suspended 17th that shattered the emergency lighting globes.The Chiss weapons slowly arced away from their prey , they once again stitched the walls and began to trace the ceiling around in an arc and slowly descending towards each other. The Blueskins noticed what was happening they saw the weapons about to converge on each other; In desperation they cursed; spittle frothed from their mouthparts, their eyes even redder in fury.They wriggled and wrenched themselves, trying to evade their destruction. The young Force users grip was unrelenting fusing the fingers of the Chiss to the triggers; Bones cracked and shrieks of pain and anger emanated down the hall. The bolts of energy splintered the ferrocrete lining walls and ceiling causing a firestorm of deadly shards, that cut and sliced the exposed blueskin of the Chiss. Some larger shards bounced through the smoke filled corridor and turned to thick molten conglomerations cooling quickly to drop on blacken wet hair .

At this point Mishy held them there and eyed them; her fiery sun orange eyes pierced through the Chiss bravado. The Blueskinned Chiss suddenly were depleted in spirit, they wailed, the torment and frustration echoed through the passageway. Seeing their demise and with their honor they desperately tried to release their hands from the weapons. One of the Blueskins tried to drop to the ground. Mishy somewhat obliged, she slammed his head through the smoke into his knees, whilst the rest of the body only slightly bent, such was the whiplash that the crack of the Chiss’s back and knees could only be heard moments after the original event. The weapons arm however did not budge.

The other Chiss yelled at her in alien tongue whist with his free hand desperately rummaged through a pocket.

Jorus C’baoth ran through her mind again. In his commanding Basso Continuo voice he shouted,

“Finish it”.

Quickly Mishy’s two lightsaber hilts sprang to life from the floor and floated in front of her. She looked at the hilts which extended into bright blades. They circled around her gathering speed, encasing the girl within a tornado of light. She moved the sabers away from her and spun them towards the Chiss, targetting the enemies chest area. The Chiss tried to run but were stuck frozen, their trigger arms unable to move. Frantically the Blue skinned commandos strained against each other, uselessly trying to rip their arms out of their sockets. Incandescent smatters of laser strikes on the walls accentuated the ferocity and desperation in the cloying air. Slowly solid light started to cleave into the beings necks. Yells of pure defiance were suddenly quashed as the sabers sliced across in three tetrameter sections spilling masses of blood cauterizing much but unable to stop the constant flood of viscos liquid. Not until the fourth rotation severed heads from their neck did the cries nullify.

The sabers arced back towards the Blonde Force user and shut down. Two agitated heads rolled whilst knees buckled as Mishy finally let go of their strained appendages.. the lifeless corpses crumpled to the smoke filled ferrocrete ontop of their other fallen comrades.

Two things coincided at that point ,a small object fell from a departing Chiss; leisurely trickling along the floor and looking for something to magnetize onto and the last blastdoor slowly gyrated upwards where a muffled Chaemy was illiciting a victory cheer..

9. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Mishy’s blood orange eyes widened as her pupils dilated to thinly veiled blackholes, the sound of a detonator magnetizing onto a discarded hoplon the Blueskins so valiantly used to cower behind made her skin crawl. The Force on the other hand called for her to escape, and immediately, her danger sense coursed through her spine like an over active puppy. In sheer self preservation, Mishy craned her neck to judged the distance between herself and the blastdoor. Pumping her legs furiously she blurred through the Force; though gangly in motion she sped towards the goal which seemed a full lightyear away.

A dead man’s timer issued a rapid

*******BING****

Simultaneously, time slowed as Mishy fell deeper into the Force, albeit in a panicked state she clumsily ignited her saber and slashed the straps off her backpack as she sprinted. Luckily as the last strap was sheered off the young Force user caught the falling pack one handed behind her back. Instantly Mishy whipped the treasured pack like a rusher in shockball, cradling it to her chest. She thumbed the ignition switch to the off position and let her prized saber fall to the ferrocrete. It bled speed and pirouetted, skittering behind her sprinting form like a decicred being flipped to a bar tenders tips jar at closing time.

*******BING*BING**

The blastdoor began to shut once again as Chaemy could be overheard in slow motion slapping a button, emitting a high pitched squeal.

“KA---RKKKKKKKK”!

*******BING*BING*BING

Mishy’s blood had boiled, she knew she wouldn’t make the relative safety of the antechamber. In the last minuscule part of the second she stretched as she slid to the ground like a slide-tackle from the antiquated game of footballa, twisting to face the upcoming explosion making her profile as slight as possible. The Force user sashayed against the ferrocrete floor and gripped to hold her backpack in front of her head.

The heavy blastdoor continued it’s predetermined sequence, hurtling towards the floor as Mishy’s feet bumped over it’s magnetization seal.

*******BING*BING*BING*BING*

A shriek of frustration and panic blasted from her mouth as through the Force she heard the detonation timer descend an octave in it’s countdown, issuing a monotone fermata as the link plunged into the explosive.

*******BING*BING*BING*BING*

*******BO----N-----G---

Time and sound stood still as a sonic shockwave of heat and pure terror sucked the causeway and bastion of the antechamber too its knees, Mishy continued but was bounced and hurtled forward as she brushed her hip against the blastdoor that threaten to bisect her. The heavy door buckled inwards but momentum continued it to crashed downwards. She carried herself to part slide part fly. Within the moment, a firestorm of incredible all-encompassing sound and heat ignited the environment. Her right arm caught alight but still resolutely held the backpack like a shield for her skull, its hidden case acting as an impregnable fortress. Her left arm had only a tedious grip began to lose traction as it too became inflamed. She could feel her hair combust as it sizzled to the roots. Mishy closed her eyes as incandescent light rushed into her field of vision. Heat licked her shoulders, eyelids and skin. The whole atmosphere of corridor, blast door and antechamber erupted into a firestorm, shrapnel and accelerant dispersed into every molecule and it seemed resolved around every exposed part of the young Force user. Large finger size molten metal sliced through her toes or zinged along her profile ripping at her jumpsuit to flay skin which readily peeled or was broiled off. Mishy’s mouth screamed in agony, the high pitch wail caught fire and was muted and short lived as her breath was punched into staccato semiquavers due to air being pushed from her lungs from her skidding nature. Her breathe cooked out as if she spurted fire like a lava dragon. In the fiery morass her whole left arm melted onto itself and boiled to the bone. A large chunk of superheated metal hit the center of the knapsack issuing a large clang as the chunk hit the impregnable holocron case Mishy still stowed in the rucksack. The force and weight of the collision propelled the young Force user backwards even faster; instantly snapping her right arm at the elbow joint as bone and rucksack collided with her forehead. The young Force users body crumpled. She was immediately encased in a darkness so pure that not even the colour pitch could find a smithereen of light to identify itself.

10. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011

Chaemy yelled in hysteria as flame blew from under the ever closing blastdoor, bolts, screws and metal flung wily nily and imbedded into the far wall.The heat from the explosion buckled the far partition. Banks of computer stations to the side of the blastdoor were rocked by the violent affront, their screens shattered, their systems sparked and combusted. Chaemy closed one eye and continued to scream, small bits of detritus converged around her, red hot dust cut off her olfactory sense and fire started to singe her furry body. She screamed even louder.

The blastdoor gyrated down and was about to secure when suddenly, she tracked what looked like a shooting star skimming under the door; instead, it was a limp body encased in flame and smoke. The small profile hurtled at breakneck speed to abruptly collide into the far barrier with an almighty pang. Finally the blast door slammed shut as the roar of the discharge still echoed outside. Chaemy continued to dance on the spot as she checked herself; rapidly patting her body to remove the small cinders that had caught in her lustrous coat. The Chadra Fan was relieved at her predicament and wiped her forehead with relief. Only then did she peer at the unmoving and charred savior. The charred carcass was unceremoniously propped upside-down on the partition,blood spilled from a million cleaved cuts, bone splintered from appendages and the young girls face was covered with soot and blood leaving a mask of splattered dark gore. A blood stained silver case wisped and slowly screed from the remains of the child and settled onto a pile of ash, shrapnel and debris.

The stunning blast finally echoed away from Chaemy’s ears. No sooner had it diminished when monotone klaxons wailed and fire suppressants dispersed. Out of frustration and irritability Chaemy pulled out her Merson mini and blasted the offending loudspeaker. A muffled sound dwindled away as the klaxon slowly took the hint. Notwithstanding the fire suppressants continued to shower the Chadra Fan and Mishy. With the blast and heated environment the atmosphere cloyed to a muggy miasma. Chaemy let out a small whimper, she saw dirt and blood spill away from the face of Mishy and her chest slightly rose and fell. In the post apocalyptic atmosphere the Chadra Fan scurried towards the young Force user, her hands outstretched towards the silver treasure.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The pirate’s hidden base was eerily quiet. Ghosts of lost souls dared not even make a sound. The fires had smoldered to nothingness and klaxons had faded away some two hours ago. Automations and back up drives shunted power to recovery or to isolate certain breached sections. Life-support continued and the recycled air slowly lost its atomized tang. Panders and Funsuhh ventured out of their bolt hole within the ARC170; they wandered around gawking at the sheer carnage left behind by the Chiss and Mishy.Re-arming themselves by way of pilfering dead corpses they had personally blasted into oblivion from the safetyof theArcs deadly lasers they set out to loot albeit after deciding slowly and methodically stacked scavenged munitions into neat piles opposite the exits.

Assoon as they made the corridors they spiedlisting repulsor pallets of equipment and foodstuffs spilling from many rooms and corridors, hundreds if not thousands of scorch marks pocked the passageways and ferrocrete floor. Here and there lay a dead sentient, a victim of either Chaemy’s now defunct lasers or the Chiss incursion team. Very few, if any had lightsaber wounds.

Panders whilst carrying a new Spitbeam hammer pistol nonchalantly pointed it at a corpse and broached the subject to Funsuhh,

“Wonder if her highness, the spoilt brat made it?”

Funsuhh rumbled a mixed grunt, neither giving a positive or negative response.

Typical, Panders thought, just typical, you want her to live.

Panders bit his lip in anxiety,

“Where is Chaemy, she hasn’t answered her com -link since, well over two hours!”

Funsuhh grunted again.

“Is that all I’m gunna get from you today, Grunts?”

Funsuhh grunted and smirked.

Silence reigned again as the two cautiously snaked their way towards Roko’s den. Illumination was scarce so far into the bowels of the base, ferrocrete slugs slurped on tattered walls while spider like roaches built impressive mounds of dung. Only jagged footsteps and the skittering of vermin spoke through the deadened corridors. Finally the two came to the last corridor towards Roko’s bolt hole. They immediately froze. Light palled out fromthe door that was a ajar, frantic mad murmurs of three beings could be perceived.Panders motioned to Funsuhh toedge further , both silently cocked their blasters preparing for a quick incursion. Panders made a cut on his own throat slightly knocking his preserved ear necklace.

Funsuhh nodded.

Silently as if telekinetically molded, the two got into formation. They crept in silence until they were just outside the slightly ajar door.Intently they listen to the hyped speech of three assailants.

“Where the hell is it?”, asked one of the interlopers, who sounded a few cards short of a pazzak deck.

In a definite female voice another chimed in, “ stand on this spot here and tap your right foot like this 4 times”, she raised her voice with directedness , “in this exact time” .

She Clapped.

Clapety.. Clapety.. Clap. Clap

“Got it?” she inquired brusquely.

“Like this?”Clapety.. Clapettty.. Clap. Clap

“No you Moron like this, you’ve two much emphasis on the second beat,” she hissed.

Clapety.. Clapety.. Clap. Clap the female repeated.

The moron got it right the next try.

“ Four times in a row,” she warned , “you get it wrong and we all die, now get into position while I go for the combination pad”.

Silence descended, as the moronic pirate came to terms with the trios predicament.

A cultured but gravelly baritone voice interjected after a measure.

“My dear, how did you come to knowthe whereabouts and combination of the book keepers investments?”

In a slightly agitated, but velveteen flattering retort the female answered, “I have always had strange bedfellows, now be a dear and point that blaster somewhere else.Please my love your making me nervous”.

“I expect we are all a little nervous about the events unfolding my dear, but alas the blaster stays, your fivepercent and your life depends on it”.

“Oh Tithe, why are you so cold?” The female cringed.

“Calculations my dear, simple calculations”, Tithe retorted unperturbed.

Funsuhh silently retrieved his tiny retractable mirror and sidled it along the door jam. The two pirates saw the three assailants; one hunkered down at a datapad, another rather tall, bulky and slouched monstrosity of a human ready to tap a silly little dance and the third a rather Sauvé Nikto brandishing a rather mean looking DL-22 modified blaster, his black shimmersilk cape and long felted browed cap matched his over all posture and demeanor.

Panders eyed Funsuhh to charge; Funsuhh however silently shook his head and mouthed the name T I T H E. The one eared pirate’s leg buckled slightly, but his resolved hardened after a few seconds. Tithe was a Nikto bandit and as his namesake advised; everyone owed him. The Nikto was fast on the draw and asked questions for only useful information. His polite demeanor was tempered only by his soulless philosophy; The two knew what was going down.Slowly, stealthy they slithered back through the corridor to ambush the Nikto. Both Panders and Funsuhh were under no illusions that they would be only taking on one sentient in a few short minutes.

Clapety.. Clapety.. Clap. Clap

11. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    10 seconds later

Pweon,

A girl shrieked in distress, “No, I thought we had a deal!”

Pweon, Pweon.

Half an hour later

The door woooshed up from Roko's den. A hover sled silently levitated down the moldy corridor. It had been a nerve racking half an hour beforehand; countless silent hand gestures and soundless bickering between Panders and Funsuuh as to their intended positions resulted in a risking pincer movement. Furious appendage threats and insult conversations as to succuumb to each others different plan was finally cut short as Tithe swaggered out behind the stacked pallet..

Gold, Aurodium credits, trinkets and darken spice canisters were piled sky high, they soaked the repulsor sled with splendor; it also blocked Funsuhh’s snipers shot. The Nikto had expertly placed the gold and Aurodium ingots to form a portable suit of amour. Tithe swaggered, he gently pushed the treasury along humming an old starships shanty. His blue smug face and overtly diminished red eyes indicated that he had succumbed to his vice for the highly addicted spice. Suddenly, his hand flashed to his holster belt and a bolt from his DL-22 smashed into a pile of rubbish 10 meters down the corridor. The Bandit glared and stopped dead in his tracks, he sniffed the air tasting molecules. A smug smile spread across his face as a quilled rat whimpered in anguish and limped out from the trash pile only to become a dead shot in the DL-22scope. Behind the wounded matriarch a troop of juveniles, screeched and whimpering as they quickly scattered down the hallway. The Nikto continued to hum as he slowly formed a two handed grip, sighting up with extreme concentration the target recital aiming for the injured Quill rat.

“Bang,” he silently spoke, grinning to himself but didn’t pull the trigger.

Pweon, a deafening laser smashed point blank into the Bandits temple. His red eyes had but a millisecond to adjust to the intrusion before they were paired and scrambled into the rest of his falling brain cavity gore.

Panders let out a gasp after holding his breath for the last 30 seconds, his hand resolutely held the small hold out blaster at eye level. The one eared Rorian peeled away from the unseen niche. While Funsuuh dug his way from underneath the pile of trash Tithe had earlier shot at.

“You alright ya stinky bastard?” Panders heartily called to his brother in arms.

Funsuhh stood up on unsteady feet, he looked a whiter shade of gray; with jittery hands he silently motioned to a partial scorch mark that made a part on his receding locks.

Panders chuckled.

“Ya needed a haircut anyways”.

Funsuhh’s demeanor was inward and cold.

Both looked at the corpse that lay in front of Panders.

Funsuhh pointed at the dead Nikto’s cap and grunted. The beautiful large brimmed hat had inadvertently been spared of any gore.

Panders holstered his weapon and knelt next to the headless specimen. He picked up the cap and flicked to his comrade. The headpiece as if guided by the Force spiraled into the outstretch fingers of the Weequay. He caught it and doffed his new acquisition in swift and direct move.

“Oh Pity bout the cape” Panders whined, “and there’s no ears left either”.

Funsuhh just grunted and became mesmerized by the booty they had so easily pirated.

“Chaemy’s not getting any of this, nor Mishy”, Panders thumped his chest and then held up his hand for a high five.

The air was still frosty between the two.

Panders held his hand out hanging. The two eyed each other off. For a nanosecond the Rorian thought twice about his partner. Within that second a massive palm smashed into the outstretched hand with a satisfying smack.

Panders brightened but sounded admonished as he put his arm around his comrade “Ahh sorry buddy, I knew it would be close, but if we followed your plan, we’d be both dead”.

Funsuhh still stared at the pile of money and precious gems; He grunted in acknowledgement.

Panders rubbed their hands together as one, “Fist stop.....the bank!”

Funsuhh grunted again, but this time he cracked a smile.

Panders looked sagely and commented, “Better hide it in the YT, I think, then dump the vessel, minus the coordinates ASAP”.

Funsuhh agreed though comically, this time grunted a whole octave higher.

12. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011

It had taken a very quick eight hours for Panders and Funsuhh to planet hop to the surface of Halmad and finish their business. The banking was completed competently, with a special attention paid to the privacy of the customer’s identity.The two opted for bonds and a cash slew. With the bodies of Mishy’s first kill been jettisoned and data and coordinates wiped clean, Danteid’s Yt transport was quickly sold to a trusted, ill reputable dealer. In return the sales manager gave them a special price ona Lancet starfighter. The juggery old two man fighter made it’s way back to the Vahaba asteroid belt without a hitch and somehow felt as trustworthy as their beloved ARC-170; Gaffa tape and all.

On return the two near millionaires still found the base wide opened. Small fires quietly died from starvation and enough fire suppressant to make it look like if the fire was sentinent it was enduring a slow aphixiation and waterboarding torture. Panders thought twice about getting out.

“We still have to face both Chaemy and Mishy”

Funsuuh retorted “heads down, pretend no radio contact, all cams smashed in hangar anyways”. That much was true, they did have a fair story, though Chaemy easily could be watching their battle with Tithe. They weren’t to know and if she didn’t say anything they weren’t telling.

Funsuuh waved his meaty paw around the hangar“Make us millionares” his broad hand gesture displayed to his partner that they still had a vested interest in the fifteen or so freighters, ten starfighters and upteen droids; Not to mention thereal-estate advantages.

Funsuuh barked comically,

“All we do,clean and drunk for two weeks, interest from bank kickn in already, prepaid into our accounts. We no real problem anymore. Mishy, no problem, she needs this place, no money.

Panders stared laser bolts at his partner and showed him his embalmed ear.

Funsuuh shugged and pointed to his fresh scar on his scalp and grinned “If she becomes problem we dump her if too much trouble, just like I do to you”

That brought a feral smile to Panders. He knew Funsuuh wouldn’t betray him and vice versa.

The two left the hangar and stalked towards Chaemy’s communication center. In the silent environment they shadowed the curving corridors. Quickly they noticed increasing signs of struggle. Huge amounts of debris were scattered along the passageways, warily they both brought out their sidearm’s and moved past many of their fallen so called comrades. The fallen pirates atrophied condition gave them a ghostly hue some of their faces looked somewhat peaceful but most had a clear hole in their craniums. Panders thought to himself, It’s unsettling to not be able to talk to the dead sometimes.

Within the next instant Funsuhh put an authoritive arm over Panders as he caught the first sign of gold and credit chits protruding from the bloodied body of fallen marauder.

“We get Droids to pick them, somemay have unexploded bomb near them and no need to get disease from blood”.

“Well I thought you were Mr macho, I don’t care about body parts”, Panders sarcastically whispered at his sidekick but took the hint.

A furtive glance and another smirk by Funsuhh lightened the mood. The two still had reservations, the atmosphere was still palatable due to their unknownoutcome of the skirmish. They continued to creep along the corridors; every two minutes they tried in vain to contact either Chaemy or Mishy but only got static. After fifteen minutes they entered the mess hall.A few antiquated droids trundled and beeped at them. Two dinged protocol droids brought outhuge serving platters containing a mountain of untouched food.

A sickly green and dented protocol droid called out in a rough voice, its vocaliser programmed to be in the vicinity of ruffians.“Greeting gentle beings may I offer you some sustenance and refreshment?” Both beings smirked and refused, Panders thought Chaemy and Deciman were so caring of their crews pleasure it was reassuring . Funsuuh holstered hissidearm and took an offered ale to quench their thirst. They surveyed the area with indifference at first but then began to pick out the details a large standoff. A headless burly Chiss lay crumbled near some discarded tresser tables that contained thousands of scorch marks inscribed on their undercarrage.

Funsuhh looked with disdain at the dead Chiss, his silhouette showed a decapitation by laser, but not by lightsaber. Panders eyedthe laser turrets adding a hint of edginess to the atmosphere, he gulped down the last of his ale and said, “Maybe they both got killed? Be wary of Chiss, that’s the only one I’ve seen”.

Panders glugged down his ale and took another one, quickly emptying it’s contents. He wiped his mouth and continued, “Yeah I think I’m right! Hey maybe everyone’s dead!”, He brightened and added, “Then we’ll own it all!”

“Hey droid clean up the mess when we have gone, get all droids to start picking up bodies”

The droid stared in bewilderment, in a confused tone it blurted “They are deceased? I thought they were intoxicated”.

Another lighthearted grunt emanated from Funsuhh as the two gave their glasses to the serving droid which patiently waited for more instructions. Both said nothing, in this day and age it was a sport to be as rude as possible to a mechanoid. They silently loped away and toured along to the next atrium; astounded by the amount of gore, missing limbs and blast marks.

“Whoa”, Panders breath had been taken away, Funsuhh craggily face lost most of it’s wrinkles by the surprise.The sight of at least ten pirates obliterated body parts behooved them. A stench of bloated intestinal bile affronted their olfactory senses. Dismembered forms of human and alien were strewn throughout, heads were jutting from slow blasting geysers of truncated bodies, some faces were pinned under torsos and looked like they drowned in the ankle deep bloody pools they half bobbed in. Bits of extremities and organs were splattered across the walls and ceiling like some new art mode painting belonging in the most exclusive galleries of the Cores eccentric trillionaires. A brain cavity and grey matter became a centrepiece and lazily draped over a defunct turret. The cams so high above had a reddish hue of vein and tendon encrusted spider web. A kaleidoscope of liquid slowly trickled down the walls and the dead forming a viscousstream that pooled in sticky coagulated lake.The two pirates held their breath and tiptoed around islands of body parts lapping at its shoreline. Thankful in the fact a they made it around without slipping into the ponds they rounded the last corner. Finally, they made out the charred remains of Chaemy’s bunker. Panders nearly barfed but held it together as he took on last over the shoulder look at the carnage. As he turned back to face forward the he saw an even worse nightmare up ahead.

In unison both pirates stopped mid-step and whispered,

"Whoa"

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Had this bookmarked for a couple of weeks now and finally getting around to start reading it. :)

Love the unorthodox tone it's written in, to the point where the dialogue tags don't bother me, as I can imagine a very, very lethargic narrator who tries their best not to be lethargic and talks in a style of an absent-minded professor.

Prologue-wise, the first thing that pops into the mind is that "Disaster Girl" meme. Since it's the Outbound Flight we're talking about, that is...well, appropriate.

More as soon as I have properly caught up.

14. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou Ewok poet for reading. I'm not sure about fallout girl but i will take your word on it. Yes my writing is around the twist, my speech and extended paragraphs are ... well pretty bad. But alas i'm not one for all protocols but try to improve. As long as the story is ok and you get a few laughs and a bit of a shock that is the reason I continue to post it.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Not pretty bad at all, just unorthodox. In some stories, it does not look well. In this one, it makes sense, it sets the mood.

This is the original Disaster Girl:
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/012/960/wikiimage-1.png :)

I also saw that you were writing this some years ago and abandoned it, so I assume that this thread is not indentical to that one?

16. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I just saw the image.. lol. No ,Mishy wont be that good. Lots of bumps and broken bones.. a few amputated appendages etc. I didn't abandon it really, just sort of let it slip and then the change happened so i presented it again very slowly.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  17. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    The two pirates crept in silence, surveying the blast scarred corridor. Splintered sections of shrapnel filled ferrocrete floors; the old flavor of death assaulted their nostrils. Like soap scum, dissipated smoke residue clung to top of the ceiling. A film of blood and skin splattered the curves of the whole passageway walls. By some freak of nature, atmosphere and life-support continued to steadily clicked over. Chaemy’s laser turrets and camera’s were fried from a gigantic blast, its epicenter an open gout in the ground. Gold pieces of metal were imbedded near and in a rickety buckled blast door some twenty meters away. The door had been partially jimmied open. Before Funsuhh’s large moleskin shoes lay a lone lightsaber. It formed it’s own void of debris exactly the same size of its peculiar radius as if the blast was somehow scared of the weapon . The obese Weequay picked up the silver and intricately designed pommel, sniffing it he warily announced, “Mishy was round here”.

Panders gripped his ear necklace and ventured further into the quagmire of destruction. He had to admit if Mishy survived this then she probably deserved to live. He mused; I’ll still get her back though.

The two continued past the large fissure, finding shrapnel and large sheets of metal with holes the size of fists punched through them. Four pulverized Chiss skulls milled around a still glowing conglomerate of balustrade and body parts.Grey matter in two inch sections slithered down the walls like small space slugs; coagulated blood their sticky trail. With further evaluation Panders noted two Chiss necks had clean cuts from a lightsaber. All other traces of the Chiss were strewn throughout the slight breezeway.

“Well that’s five,” Panders commented trying not to gag as he scrutinized the body parts.

“Six, ”, Funsuhh retorted as he pointed a steady finger at the last identifiable cranium. Panders turned a shade paler than white as he followed Funsuhh’s pudgy finger. The head was propped some 10 meters away near the blast door. He spied one red unblinking eye peering back at him, the other hung uselessly out of it’s socket near what passed for a mouth. The blue forehead was cratered with shrapnel and crushed to the width of a Muun’s skull. It’s facial features looked like a denizen with a perchance to piercings, the bottom neck cauterized with a clean cut.

At that time Panders dry reached his two ales, felt woozy as the corridor started to spin and momentarily passed out. Funsuhh unceremoniously put his arm under Panders shoulder and dragged him the rest of the way to the communications center.

“Girl,” Funsuhh giggled.

“I just missed my footing, that’s all,” Panders retorted as his eyes refocused but eventually rolled into the back of his sockets

18. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    It had been 3 days of perpetual sleep, underneath Mishy’s dream lit eyes, shades of blue were given up to an eerie underwater fortress so sinister that light seemed to dissolve into the deep abyss around it’s perimeter. Within a yawning canyon, a crag jutted out. The bastion precariously held onto an edifice by unseen forces. Mishy’s dream zoomed in; focusing on old stonework eroded by countless tides. Hewn black granite made up the bulk of the superstructure whilst basalt plinths created sharp and haunting substructures. Crenellations eroded to a flattened ditch, becoming no more than gentle walkways. Mysterious ocean life preyed throughout the sparsely decorated exterior, no creature or plant could make a permanent foothold; so unrelenting the food chain was.

Through the eons old structure shielded transparent windows caught held the water at bay. Small sprites intermingling in the hollowed out vestibules and niches. Dormant furniture covered in faded sheets spread out through the various rooms. Large hallways with thirty foot high ceilings opened up andon every side quarters which were evacuated long ago held a prison like existance. Eight Megalithic halls divided the heart of the mighty structure. Each vestibule lay motionless with no life or décor to inhibit its dreary nature.

It was Surreal.

Mishy’s eyes retracted and moved back out of the palace, a field could be distinguished outside the keep. A gentle current swayed seaweed, making it dance to an even tempo.Schools of fish flashed past her. Her eyes ascended to view larger predators roaming 200 meters above, circling with maligned intent. The place reeked of a disturbing Force presence. The owner of such power may have been long dead, but it’s power continued to encircle the whole volume of the territory. Mishy heard a malignant voice shout a sirens wail,

“Darth Kracken”.

The voice faded in an echo that sent shivers up ones spine.

Her transduction complete, Mishy’s eyes fluttered to anothereerie watery world; viscous solution assaulted her body except for her optical and olfactory senses. She gagged;.Bubbles danced in front of her face as a jolt of electricity freed her muscles. A breath mask of similar make to the one she used outside of Outbound Flightcovered her eyes, nose and mouth. Automatically she rose reaching the apex of the liquid only a meter above her head. Her kicks were sporadic as pain engulfed her lower torso; she looked down and saw encrusted flabby white cuts, frightening lacerations in her feet and a partially knitted fleshless arm.A tapping noise piqued her attention. Through the liquid cellulose she could make out a figure far below and outside her watery chamber. She descended to the creature by expelling her breath and sinking. A small handle was affixed to the seams of what appeared to be a large fish tank. Automatically she grabbed onto the handle to remain submerged.Through the glass she made out a blurry little Chadra Fan holding onto a vocal communicator.

Though highly distorted Mishy could hear Chaemy speak.

“I saved you little girl, you saved me”.

Although husky, Mishy retorted, “Are they all dead?”

“Yes, except for Funsuhh and Panders”. She paused, “they don’t know where you are yet”. Another pause and intake of breath later Chaemy begun again, “I suspect they will figure it out soon enough, they have been on a special errand and have dumped the Yt transport that the late Dedicarr and the Chiss that hitched a ride in ”.

Mishy looked around, “Am I in a healing tank?”

Chaemy cautiously looked around the storage locker, “Yes; you need to be there for at least twenty days”.

Mishy groaned inwardly, “Where are my belongings?”

“With me, I intend to give them to you if you promise to be a loyal apprentice”.

Confused Mishy blurted, “Apprentice? What sort of apprentice?”

Chaemy ticked off her points on sharp spiny figures. “Mechanic, electronics, surveillanceand in time tactician.”

Confused, Mishy asked, “and what do you get in return?”

“What you, Panders, and Funsuhh agreed on, profits, most of them. I don’t alter deals”. She paused again and added, “Well not when people save my life”.

This brought a cracked smile to Mishy, she warmed slightly “Agreed; but I need my sabers and case.”

Overtly and highly agitated Chaemy raised her arms in failure,” What’s in the case, its impregnable!”

Calculating, Mishy’s tone turned to ice, “My fathers remains”, she lied.

“Oh,” Chaemy struggled, “How? How did he die?”

“Ask Panders,” was all Mishy retorted with; her eyes yawned and her face drooped to exhaustion.

Thoughtfully,Chaemy paused and in her high pitched voice changed subjects,” Twenty days is along time little girly. Through your recovery I’m going to pump you full of subliminal learning;history, mechanics and systems analysis. We got all this stuff from a mixture of a Loord run and what we outfitted from the Deaths Head, not all pirates are imbeciles”.

Mishy nodded and began to fade; her brief but important conversation was ending. Sighting the tell-tale signs, Chaemy smiled a toothy grin and walked from view. She opened a door that led out what looked liketo a small bolt hole corridor. The lights clicked off, only the diagnostics of a bank of computer lights hooked up to the bacta tankilluminated the small room.Silence briefly ensued; After a moment, a lustrous voice pinged into Mishy subconscious, it didn’t feel invasive, just a small nudge to open her Hippocampus. In a definitely female seductive but pleasant voice called to her.

“Chapter one, the Old Republic and Sith wars”.

Eyes closed and in the dark, Mishy cocked an eyebrow at the indulgent feel her brain received from the beautiful voice. She thought to herself, I know some of the mechanics, but history, well that’s a first, I’m going to enjoy this!

She blissfully swayed in the non existent current and fell asleep.

Class five Maintenance droids scurried from one scorch mark to another, their shoddy workmanship rubbed more soot into the drab ferrocrete interior . Rusting protocolsand nuggety MSE droids were in a continual state of motion; such was their laborious undertakings. The constant shuffle, sloshing mops and spilling buckets soaked up blood and intestines. The cacophony made a unusual musical interlude in the semi deserted pirates base. Larger U33 load lifters on steamed out pistonsslowly hauled tonnes of battered and busted metal to the smelter. Droids of all makes and models used oxytorches to patch and re-sealed sections of panelling. Contrary to the bustle three out of the four living sentients were centered in the hangar bay quietly becoming more intoxicated than the last day.

Perched on the nose of his beloved ARC -170, Panders toasted his two ruffians; swilling an expensive bottle of Ajax Cognac around his head.

“Pirates fortune!” he shouted on unsteady feet.

He downed a quarter of the bottle in two large mouthfuls. Bleary eyed he looked down and across at Funsuhh. The portly Weequay lay spread eagled on the landing ramp of a Late skipray blastboat. A small pile of vomit; freshly regurgitated slid down the ramp; it formed an eddy giving off a heady aroma.

Without even opening his eyes, Funsuhh responded by grasping for his Lum bottle and unsteadily waved it around his head and half drank, half let the liquid pour out. The ale intermingled with the vomit and spittle bubbling around and under him.

He gargled, “Pundates factune,” unceremoniously dropping the bottle and letting it roll down the incline into the pile of various alcoholic containers. He propped himself up and struggled to light up a death stick; his eyes stayed closed throughout the course of events.

A giggling high pitched squeal followed soon after, “Fudantes Pirackes!”.

The voice centering from the open cockpit of an antiquated pleasure yacht behind Panders beloved ARC. The sound caught Panders by surprise;the Rorian lost his balance and slipped off the nose of his starship careening into the beer can pyramid the trio had made the day before.

“STRIKE!” Funsuhh heartily murmured, his voice deep and craggily as he puffed away; his eyes still did not open.

Panders cursed and laughed, he kicked away the scattered remnants of the felled structure around him.Groggily he sat up and spied his elbow which dripped with blood..He heartily cursed and picked himself up one handed; swaying a little. He looked at his bottle spying at it in the dampened light.

“Ha, didn’t shpill a drop!

Panders brightened even further,

Drink up; penalties!”.

The other two groaned outwardly, this time Funsuhh opened his eyes and just raised his neck and head to check his friend wasn’t lying. Squinting he acknowledged that somehow Panders hadn’t infact spilt his drink. In realization, Funsuhh let out a large belch, “FI -Re--fe -KKKKKKKk!”, so resonateand loud that the vibratoed gaseous exchange brought upa puff of smoke, spittle and beer as it expelled.

Exactly in the same time frame, Chaemy yelled out in disgust of the penalty “Firefek!”

Panders pointed at them in glee “Ha, ha”, he shouted not believing hisintoxicated luck, “double up! UNISON”.

Chaemy shrieked at Panders in desperation, “Pointer, shesighed in relief,“YWooo thank gawd for that, that’s three for you”.

“Argggh , Ya furry little Slash rat,” Panders shouted,he beefed himself up and thumped his chest careful not to raise apointed digit at himself,“still I win Iron guts, I can do this all week!”.

Indeed Panders could.

Panders guzzled his remaining bottle withing five seconds, like a baby suckling after waiting far too long to feed from its bottle.

“Bombs away,” he shoutedand lobed the empty green bottle grenade at Funsuhh’s Skipray. It thudded and clanged through the canopy, not breaking due to the hard and expensive makings of both contents and workmanship.

“Hey you scratched my paintjob!” Funsuhh blurted before he passed stone cold out.

Chaemy swilled her drink, “Isn’t it funny, Fuussshh’s dictation gets better the more he gets inebriated!”

Panders stumbled over to his best friend and gave him a light kick in his pudgy belly, “Well he is a fat Weequay, whaddaya expect?”

Funsuhh came to,“I heard that $%^&face,he brightened and started to giggle uncontrollably, “ not.. not like you can ya %^&*,” Funsuhh raised a finger and continued,“Ha ha Mishy got yoooou good!”.

Panders fumbled through his pockets prizing out an ale. He shook the can of beer vigorously and popped the lid, spraying froth all over the laid out Weequay. Funsuhh giggled harder, too drunk to move, too intoxicated to illicit any other response except laughter in mock hurt fashion,

“Ohhh, Hey, my deathsick, aww nuts!”.

Panders took outtwo deathsticks from the packet and lit them up simultaneously, he admired his handiwork as he blew a smoke ring into the massive hangar.

He stood over the wriggling Funsuhh, his crows feet wrinkled with thought, ”Chaemy where is Mishy?” he inquired in a conspiratial voice.

“Eat me Panders! I ain’t tellin!”, was all the response he got.The furry Little Chadra Fan stumbled out of the cockpit and ran out of the Hangar careening into droids twice her height and weight, staggering along solid walls until she found the exit.

Both beings giggled at each other as they watched the spectacle.

“I guess she’s with us now, what are we gunna do anyways?” Panders surmised and finished the contents of the can.

“Teach Mishy, do nothn for awhile, and just live well”, Funsuhh blurted.

“Youre such a role model”, Panders exclaimed as he passed his friend a stick and chucked the can behind his shoulder.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I promised I would start leaving proper comments ages ago, so sorry that I am doing so only now. This fic deserves more attention than it gets (as in, more fans than just me!); and I also hope that my comments will get people to participate.

Also, I'd be glad to provide proofreading at any given point. Can I do a mind trick to have you accept it? While I'm a non-native speaker (and I can see you're from UK), I cannot do more than that, but I don't think the story needs more than some apostrophes, horribly misspelled names and screwed-up newlines being fixed.

Post #1
    Mishy is like an evil Matilda. From the first moment, it's pretty easy for us - the readers - to make the difference between a playful streak in every child and what she is doing. At the same time, given how jaded everybody from what's left of the Outbound Flight, I can assume that most will think of her as a naughty little girl and ignore any warning signs.

Also, OCD and evilness are an interesting combo.

Love the description of her practice.

On the other hand, there is a part of me that cannot blame Mishy for wanting to get rid of Crabman. Given how the survivors hate Jedi, what could happen to her if she gets labelled is...well, not pretty.

Now, had she decided to be more subtle and had she realised her powers are not strong, she wouldn't have comitted such a horrible, horrible crime and killed her dad. However, if Force is a living thing, I guess the dark side *wanted* her to do this.

One would've expected her to snap out of it after this, but I can see that her turn came pretty quick. :( The action scenes were very bloody, but effective.

Post #2
    “This is the Force we are dealing with, remember a lot of the young ones show some Force characteristics, that’s why most of their parents were brought on Outbound Flight” - Ugh, that Sheevy Sheev...

Shimal's making a lot of good points.

But all three of the people in this scene sound a bit deviant to me.

Post #3
    Death's Head sounds like the ship one should make sure not to encounter.

You're good with capturing the atmosphere around characters, in case nobody said so before!

At the end of the chapter, they sound like Earth pirates, but I assume that's a nod of sorts.

Post #4
    Whatever is constantly coming back to Ashanti in that inner monologue that she had in post #2 as well is probably going to be crucial at some point. Maybe she's harbouring the same kind of hate as the bounty hunter Mala Mala in the old Darth Vader comics, maybe it's some form of stress. Either way, hmmm.

That Zoo sounds frightening, to say the least!

Post #5
    " you will be repented!” - Good luck with that, Ulair. :p

Mishy is somewhat of a super-exaggerated example of a neglected child. At some point, whether she is able to realise this or not, she would've probably turned against her father as well.

LOVE her vision, especially the broken bust.

Poor Zimby.

And eeek, that little girl IS as good as the Disaster Girl, no matter how many times you deny it.

Post #6
    He took out his electro stylus and began to write his epic masterpiece. - Epic masterpiece from a certain POV, huh? His own, perhaps? ;)

Post #7
    HA. Mishy's standards on what's creepy are...interesting.

At the same time, the idea of not enjoying food is sure very specific and a sign of how the dark side has already consumed some of her system...even if it's just some of the digestive organs.

Since this is the second appearance of the phantom and I am pretty sure I saw him when Mishy killed her parents, I assume he's very, very real.

Post #8
    Intriguing dream. And seriously, what's above?

Post #9
    The contast between Mishy's high intelligence and foolish, impulsive behaviour is interesting. And it shows in her first plan, that failed, but also later.

The bit with crawling through the crawlspace was a bit confusing, but at the same time very vivid.

If I understood this well, the droid was damaged by the impact and assumed Mishy was his master? Or is he as lost as her and therefore losing his "mind"?

Post #10
    Nice glimpse into the Chiss' governing body!

Ulair's speech is understandable given the situation and what the survivors believe, but...we know how wrong he is.

Post #11
    Oh, wait, is that Ulair's manipulative side? Not pretty. But then again, this place is dystopia. Everybody is evil and Mishy is, in a way, a logical product of her envirovment.

Let's see how much the droid will fix!

Post #12
    Aaaaand the poodoo hits the fan!

I hope Ashanti kicked the heckler's bum.

Post #13
    That game is freaky and Deciman is a sadistic idiot. I can sense that he may be the one who will find and use Mishy, solely for her to end up using him.

Post #14
    Another interesting training.

Focus on hate to bring out her best ,she told herself. - Darn, she is smart. It's either that she didn't need a Master to tell her this, or the phantom is her Master, remotely.

Post #15
    I am not sure who is lying here and who is trying to win whom. Hmmm...

Post #16
    Mishy surely knows how to get what she wants.

Post #17
    Nice to know this is chapter 7, but there were no single clues so as to what was what before it.

And Ulair was kinda funny when he thought he will get Mishy to appear through his orders. LOL.

Post #18
    Oooo, is she getting a lightsaber?

Post #19
    So, Ulair is hurting himself to make it look like she fought Mishy. Ummm...nice guy.

Post #20
    So, who is sending the signal? Mishy?

Post #21
    Oh, cool, another weirdo.

And they need to realise that the word "Girl" can also mean "the one who will be their demise". :D

Post #22
    I am enjoying seeing Ulair suffer from the results of his own stupidity. Sucks that he is still an authority, though.

20. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the positive comments Ewok Poet it is much appreciated, I'm on hiatus for a time and will get back into writing later.
    Yeah Mishy is too smart for her own good, I always thought young Force users would be extremely gifted. I think it comes from watching the scene in attack of the clones when Yoda is teaching the younglings.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    It had been a very long fourteen standard revolutions in Acrosti’s mind. His agitation for once had showed; fiery red eyes bore into the view screen, threads of his resplendent white uniform bore stains from beings spittle, blood and other bodily fluids. His malice was focused on the worst offender; the Zeltron pirate named Deciman.This being would not crack; even when his bones did. Acrosti was use to this type of bravodo from the various sentients he’d encountered during his distinguished career in the Expansion region. Still he hated to admit that this beings breaking point would be death.

Even so, Acrosti reminded himself in military tone , I have the full support of the ruling family to do what ever is necessary to extract information about the whereabouts of the pirates base and the lone ARC 170 that had slipped the net.

He had to use his Military voice in his head, otherwise the torture he was witnessing would be unbearable.

They all had breaking points he told himself again; unfortunately he tended not to believe it for once.

Another bone snapped.

Acrosti again stared into the view screen,he mused; Elite Six has perished; I’m sure.

It wasn’t in their nature to stay black after a successful mission. There was few ways to track their movements either, even the intercepted and thought to be wiped YT Transport ‘Elite Six’ had commandeered failed to be pinged in a galaxy wide sensor sweep. Such was the predicament he now faced. Information on the black market was information already sold. In such a clandestine operation he felt his options were limited if notalready exhausted, it wasn’t so much the whereabouts of the pirates base but of the Redoubt and the technical data that would have been dumped into the ARC 170’s R2 unit when they did a flyby. He had little real chance now to cover it up. His best splicers and slicers had ripped apart the Deaths Head's internals to find out any information about the whereabouts of the ARC or the base. Through multiple equations, polycross formulas, the closest the spooks had come up with was still close to zero. The best they deciphered was outdated and useless hyperspace jump points to planets with excellent industrial performance but none with a shady or less reputable planetary system where one would set a base. Acrsoti mused again, his shoulders slumped.

Maybe they are hiding in plain sight?

He watched medical staff treat the prisoner again. It was not looking favourable; Eight victims had succumbed to their various wounds from the battle whilst five had perished by over zealous interrogators. All the while he pumped vid feed of the various tortures on the captains mates into the Zeltron’s cell even while attending to the captain himself. On a few occasions he even brought the Zeltron to witness the torture of another renegade or wheel the incapacitated back to their holding cells whilst they pleaded to him to give up the coordinatesand encryption to the base.

Maybe the slagging of his beloved ship would suffice to get the required information, but that would drain all hope of escape .

22. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    5 years later

It had been an exhausting day for the birthday girl and new teenager Mishy Lakayla, she had practiced sprints and cartwheels since dawn; well artificial dawn in the pirates den, Who could tell when day was in a dense asteroid belt. Notwithstanding, the young teenager had been excelling steadily in her studies, the holocron of Master Jorrus C’Boath; a self appointed master of the previous Jedi order had made her faster, stronger and much more powerful in the Force. C’Boath teachings, she knew were based on a lie, while he was once extremely powerful, she discovered the uncompromising nature about his Force powers were more characteristic of a gray Jedi/Pallidin. In many ways he was a Dark Jedi, one lost from the order. Mishy in her time had become an expert swordsman dashing to a mark and executing faultless combinations. Her master via holocron had instructed her and honed her skills on combat droids she had been forced to make from the scavenged parts of the bases defunct laser turrets and scrapped droids of all make and model. Schematics for the droids were exacting, she even managed to repair the JK killer droid of Chaemy’s after much effort and worked for credits. It was now that the young blossoming lady of the Force opened an unlit hangar and prepared for her daily duel. Cboath’s Holocron lay in the middle of the empty room. She whistled her irreverent tune through the Force and instantly the holocron bathed the hanger in an eerie blue light. A huge ore digging droid’s infarered socket lit up. It’s huge corkscrew attachment started to whirl to life while a hydraulic hammer started to chug.

The holocron of Jorrus Cboath in his uncompromising basso continnuo voice barked“Destroy the droid my young apprentice.”

Mishy was eager to show her burgeoning skills, she was all but taken aback by her Masters immense power but also his kind thought about her status. Mishy nursed the thought trying to pinpoint any deception; finally understanding that her lack of patience may well become her own undoing. Taking this revelation on board she ignited her sabre, A blue hue extended out as she carefully ascertained her immediate surroundings, finding only a blank and dreary box in which little to no pitfalls could be hurled at her at the moment, Mishy rose swiftly and purposefully facing her Masters errie glow for the hundredth time. She apprised his curled disdained smirk and knew she needed to seek advantage as soon as practicable, she stepped to the right and made two feet into the hangar when the box opened to emit a sonic turret. Mishy winced inwardly but waved her sabre mechanically over and around her ears as she perfected her oscillating timing and issued small Force pushes towards the box. To the left the droids treads whirred forward and the battle begun.

Mishy was off the ground before she had the pleasure of watching her sabre make contact with pneumatic tread of the droids right track. A sonic bomb from the turret pushed Mishy higher, everything reverberated with uncontrollable vibrations echoing throughout the training arena. Somewhat incensed, Mishy started to scramble to keep her Force senses in control. C’boath spoke of control and the need to embrace the pain it offered. Her Master slowly and deliberately spoke while she summersaulted towards the lumbering droid.“Rise, higher” the Master calmly commanded. “Do not fear losing control, fear the failure of controlling your actions.”The jackhammer and borer of the droid wove around Mishy’s midair radius and suddenly slashed to the right. Stoically Mishy , caught the hammer with her saber and let the droids power dictate the direction of the battle . She was beginning to be flung to the far wall, in slow motion through the Force she set her eyes locked onto the Holocrons sensor in a war of wits and determination, one eye burning with passion and desire the other an inferno power and control. The Masters blue hue seemed unperturbed and issued no response. It was her passion who blinked as her wrist swiveled to direct her blade to the oncoming borer. The blade struck on the top of the screw and sizzled through the tough durasteel. A slight discomfort enveloped Mishy as neurons and synapses electrified through her ligaments. The sonic bomb had struck again and hit her square in the back. She embraced the pain and focused the energy into her left boot where she struck out towards the hydraulic jack.

Mishy marveled at the dexterity and fluidity as her sweep contacted. A clang to the side moved the ore droid’s hammer barely 30 centimeters, but it was enough for Mishy.It gave her time to adjust her Force awareness and deal with the box by extending a shove in the turrets direction. Suddenly, within the Force Mishy sensed a massive impediment hurtling towards her back, she had a split second choice to make; take the trip or face the hit. She could make her legs as strong as 1000 year old Ithorian oaks and let the blow slightly buckle her. But this would not stop the massive anomaly of the mining droid crushing her very existence. Instead Mishy took another sweep and made the Force a servant to her will. The sweep upended her so as her feet were where her head should be and vise versa, she spun mid -air to face what looked like a upside down stone demon rushing towards her to extinguish her life, the imprinted demon had a wretchly agonized scream on it’s face, the sheer speed of the the droid made it howl through the stagnant air. The effigy screamed towards her midsection. Mishy stretched her right hand out and sent a mild force push at the left hand base of the cartwheeling gargoyle. The momentum did not decrease but the manipulation of the Force ever so slightly altered its trajectory a fraction higher and a few feet to the left. The serving droids edifice crashed to the ground a mere 2 meters away ,smashing into a hundred tiny bolts which caused a proximity like shape charge that only blew in one direction; forward. Mishy crashed to the ground one hand holding her saber and the ground simultaneously and the other still splayed outwardly from the Force Push. Awkwardly she rolled from the broiling steel and again using a Force augmented twist she righted herself and crouched to a defensive position, her sabre ready to deflect the borers follow up attack. In her peripheral vision Mishy saw the borer ram its screw towards her as a hangar viewing light switched on to display Chaemy’s head pop up with a mischievous grin.

Through the microphone the little Chadra Fan giggled “Happy birthday sweetie. I hope that server droid gave you a thrill!”

23. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Panders viewed his paunch, his downcast expression was the only poor interloper in an otherwise rich, decadent and extravagant fitting room. The intricate and finely inlaid mirror floor hid nothing. He measured and glimpsed at his buttocks screwing up his withering face,
    “How did I get so fat?, I’m worse than you Fuunsh!”.
    The Raurian continued to whine as a server droid decanted a flamethrower cocktail into his crystalline glass. He viewed the cloudy liquid and dropped the bomb into his gullet. The hot liquid sent endorphins rushing through his system only to smash into his cerebrum, the contact he got was far better than spice and glitstims. He still looked a stone cold killer, albiet in the best finery with stuble around his chin to send a rougish look.
    Any self respecting Theatre patron would be see him as a mob boss. A sheathed knife delicately advertised his nerf hide boots, while his delicious WESCARS sat over his rib section in exquisitely soft holsters below a shimmersilk bowtie and the finest grade Merlee fibred suit. It was unfortunate that he looked like a brick in a suit, the weapons hid the paunch only slightly but on the other hand the armaments did more bulking than his ever increasing body mass needed. He would stand out in the crowd, bulging with munitions as a gangster with credits. Exactly what he wanted. A riotous colour of hair, jewelry and taffeta trudged in front of the mirror.
    “Ready!” Fuunsh exclaimed, as he laughed at his reflection.
    The taffeta hid the grenades, pistols and vibro-knives which he didn’t leave home without.

“Ready for the shakedown? Or ready for Mishy’s present” Panders spoke into the mirror without looking at his sidekick.

Fuunsh bowed extravagantly to the mirror jingling gold braclets that laced his trunk and lit up a deathstick.

“Both”, he proclaimed.

The elite peoples of the Quelii system were rich, overzealous and stupid. They cared more about appearances, social graces and revenge than refinement, culture and even more importantly; life. Panders and Fuunsh had found a new life and had come become accustomed to livery and finery from the higher echelons. They still possessed their privateering qualities and were sort after by many for their perchant for violence, more or less for non complicated roughhousing, melees and safe housing which often needed more than one or two of their crafts stealth of fine tuned lasers. Their base had become a hotel for local identities in order to let the rifts of elites simmer down. Their base had been attacked numerous times without success. With typical confidence, the group, Panders, Fuush, Chami and Mishy sought reprisal from their enemies for poor forethought and turned a profit, they got it at a good price. Those that had no family became beggars, those that had family and credits became pawns. It was widely speculated that a blonde mercenary would secure victims in near impossible cliff faces or unclimbable 50 story trees until a price could be accommodated. The local population, be it rich or poor, scumbag politician or local merchant knew of the existence of the group they dubbed ‘The shunts’ as more often than not a shunt in the brain was needed to alleviate the swelling.