main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Under Duress - Dear Diary Entry - Sian Ny - updated 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh poor Sian!

he?s so much a morning person that it borders on a personality disorder

I agree. It's bad enough to be up early but to be cheerful as well? *shudders*

I sense some sort of...payback is on the horizon :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    So Si's not a morning person, and Qui is....ooops. That's a bad pairing.

Like the randomness of the flowers LOVE all the edits. Si is getting paranoid.

Qui-Gon: "Ah, sweet revenge..." :p

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    callista_gseran Qui-Gon might just be friendly. But good luck convincing Sian of that! [face_mischief]

ratna :eek: What??? Are they allowed? ;)

Alexis_Wingstar We'll be coming back to Qui-Gon's unusual cheerfulness. :p

MsLanna Sian overreact??? No. Surely not.

KELIA Morning people = the devil. [face_devil]

Rogue_Pilot_2347
    Qui wouldn't stoop so low as to get revenge. Or would he? [face_thinking]

[b]Entry #35[/b]

Well, I?m a better negotiator than I ever suspected. I suppose there is a previously untapped resource of talent within me. Apparently, the parties involved took one look at me, snoozing away in my hoverchair, and decided that their differences weren?t really so bad after all. I mean, if their problems had put me to sleep, then surely they could work them all out? That?s what I?ve been trying to tell everybody!

Qui-Gon insists it was the ?compromise? he helped them hammer out while I was ?indisposed? as he puts it, but we all know who performed the [i]real[/i] miracle here. They?re putting together a committee (Force help me, what is it with governments and their committees) and will put forth the details of the compromise that Qui-Gon pretends was [i]his[/i] idea.

So basically, our job is done. And not one word of gratitude from Qui-Gon, I might add.

And that?s not the only good news!

We contacted the Temple and gave them the latest update. Fortunately, they don?t have a transport close to us and so we will be here for three days, left to our own devices. Now, I have a very vivid imagination, and my own [i]devices[/i] includes quite a bit that perhaps Master Qui-Gon has never considered.

Left alone, I?m quite sure I could find something to amuse myself. Not to mention a few ladies who might be lonely and appreciate the charms of a certain Jedi Knight. But even as I consider doing just that, I feel a twinge of guilt.

Guilt. I hate it. It?s so?[i]uncomfortable.[/i]

I?ve always liked my comfort. I admit it. It?s not something one brags about if one is a Jedi. It?s sort of always been my deep, dark secret. I?m sure that other Jedi have secrets, too. But of course I don?t what they are ? that?s what makes them secret, after all.

And I've decided to take advantage of Qui-Gon's unusual - and slightly creepy - cheerfulness.

So what I think I?ll do is make myself available to the lovely ladies of this planet but drag the big gundark along with me and see if I can convince one of them to give him a chance. At what? Well, that will be up to him.

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_laugh] this gave me a chuckle before my first cup of coffee... I'm surprised I can even read right now w/o that caffiene, but it was worth squinting at the screen w/ a migraine coming on.

I can't wait see what turns up next. [face_mischief]

EDIT: Because in my un-caffeinated haze I forgot to include the word "wait" and the sentence took on a whole different meaning. [face_laugh]

5. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Sian's feeling guilty???

EVERYBODY DOWN SOMETHING HAS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG!!!!!!!

Anyway, that was a fun update. Sian is so delightfully obsessed with his own (imagined?) virtues. Absolutely wonderful to read.

6. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

I?ve always liked my comfort. I admit it. It?s not something one brags about if one is a Jedi. It?s sort of always been my deep, dark secret. I?m sure that other Jedi have secrets, too. But of course I don?t what they are ? that?s what makes them secret, after all.

And I've decided to take advantage of Qui-Gon's unusual - and slightly creepy - cheerfulness.

So what I think I?ll do is make myself available to the lovely ladies of this planet but drag the big gundark along with me and see if I can convince one of them to give him a chance. At what? Well, that will be up to him.

Nothing at all wrong with that :p Liking comfort, and I don't blame him, Qui-Gon being cheerful like that would be slightly creepy after his well...you know :p

Good luck to Sian :p I can't imagine Qui feeling very happy about that though ;)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    uh oh ;) Qui-Gon and ladies[face_whistling] Loved that update.

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    So what I think I?ll do is make myself available to the lovely ladies of this planet but drag the big gundark along with me

And hope the big gundark...ah...ahem...*cough*...I mean Qui-Gon won't prove to be a deterrent.

and see if I can convince one of them to give him a chance

Now, now Sian, Qui may just prove to be more popular with the ladies than - dare I say it - you! :p

It'll be interesting to see Qui's reaction when he hears/experiences Sian's plans for the evening.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Nice! Do I really want to know the details of what Sian's plans for the evening involve? Suddenly I'm not so sure :p *hugs Qui protectively*

10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, I?m a better negotiator than I ever suspected. I suppose there is a previously untapped resource of talent within me. Apparently, the parties involved took one look at me, snoozing away in my hoverchair, and decided that their differences weren?t really so bad after all.

I agree with Sian. No prolem can be as bad as having to watch him snore.:p
    Three days of holiday with him? I hope Qui-Gon doesn't strangle him before their transport arrives. [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see what he drags poor Qui in to.:D

11. DarkAnakinfan

DarkAnakinfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    I definitely want to know what Sian has planned for the evening! It seems as if some ladies are in for an interesting night. I am really enjoying this (delurks yet again- sorry real life has been a bit overwhelming. Sian is such a wonderful character! Qui-Gon might as well give up and surrender to Sian's efforts.

12. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    This is a great story! :D If you have a pm list, please let me know when you update!

13. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    I just found this story. Sian is a great character!

The way he is so casual about life and Jinn is so reserved, is a

good contrast!

I would love to see them together with new young padawans or if Jinn
    would get Xanatos back. [face_mischief]
    Sian could make their life miserable because he must tag along on the mission!

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar Glad you liked it! :D

Rogue_Pilot_2347 It's the end of the world as we know it... [face_whistling]

Jinngerbread Let's see how Qui-Gon reacts. :p

earlybird-obi-wan
    Qui-Gon and Sian plus ladies will be interesting. [face_whistling]

KELIA We'll see right now. ;)

callista_gseran I think Qui-Gon can handle himself. :D

MsLanna Qui-Gon knows Sian quite well, and he's got a few surprises up his own tunic sleeve. [face_mischief]

DarkAnakinfan Yes, Sian is sort of a force of Nature. "Give into the Sian side..." Which is all fun and lady friends. :p

angry_bendu1 Will do, and glad you like it.

XANl I'm doing a story about Qui-Gon, Sian, and their Padawans. I'm glad you like Sian, he's sort of wormed his way into my heart as well and taken on a life of his own. :eek:

[b]Entry #36[/b]

Okay. I just might die of shock. Yes, you read that correctly. Even now, I have to wonder if I was dreaming. Or hallucinating. Or maybe I died and became one with the Force (and I?m counting on there being lots of pretty fems around after I die ? in fact, I insist upon it).

No matter the cause, I enjoyed myself once I picked my jaw up off my lap.

Who would have guessed that Qui-Gon Jinn could be transformed into a party animal? An animal? Yes. Probably a gundark since he bears such a close resemblance. But there he was ? laughing and smiling and ?

I still can?t believe this ?

DANCING!

And what?s even more amazing is that he can move. He?s light on his gigantic feet, something I suppose I should have guessed having watched him spar countless times. But I never made that leap in logic. Not once.

What?s more, he [i]knew[/i] he surprised me. In fact, he gloated, rather insufferably, I might add.

I suppose I should forgive him, however. After all, he?s my best friend.

Anyway, we had a wonderful time. I got a comm code from a particularly lovely little Twi?Lek (the memory of her lovely lavender skin still makes me feel all tingly) and I?m going to call her if (when, I?ll make sure it?s a [i]when[/i]) I?m in the area again.

She understands about the whole ?no commitment? rule. Thank the Force that a commitment wasn?t what she wanted. A pleasant evening, a good memory to keep one warm on a cold night, these are allowed to the Jedi. And I am more than willing to indulge in those. Life is too short to deprive oneself of the warm companionship of fems.

On the way back to our quarters, Qui-Gon looked down at me and patted me on the shoulder like I was a crecheling. ?Thank you, Sian,? he said. ?I had a good time. Even though I didn?t mean to.?

And I suppose that?s as close as I?ll get to an apology for making my life miserable. Of course, giving him tonight was as close as I?ll [i]give[/i] in apology either.

So I suppose we?re even.

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm trying to remember what the old saying is... "Friendship means never having to say your sorry"?

[face_laugh]

I'm glad they had a good time... and I'm not surprised Qui-gon could dance. :D

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    being good at fighting Qui-Gon sure could dance. There is a Saberdance:D

Loved this update

17. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    I like Qui-gon's "apology." And the fact that he had a good time.

Great post. I can't wait to see where this goes.

18. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    sort of gives 'under duress' a whole new meaning....

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay. I just might die of shock.

Don't you dare.[face_not_talking]

Who would have guessed that Qui-Gon Jinn could be transformed into a party animal? An animal? Yes. Probably a gundark since he bears such a close resemblance. [face_shame_on_you] :p But there he was ? laughing and smiling and ?

I still can?t believe this ?

DANCING!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    What wouldn't I have given to see Sian's face![face_laugh]
    He didn'Ät see it coming even knowing Qui-Gon so well? Ha, leap in logic indeed. *lol*

In fact, he gloated, rather insufferably, I might add.

I don't think Qui is capable of that.[face_not_talking]
    Well, okay, if it's Sian, maybe.:p

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I had a good time. Even though I didn?t mean to

Now, now Qui, there's nothing wrong with letting your hair down (so to speak) and having a good time once in awhile.

I'm not surprised Sian was the one to bring out that side of him, though I would have loved to have seen Qui's dance.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar You'd think Sian would realize that Qui-Gon would be light on his feet. :oops:

earlybird-obi-wan Exactly! :D

Rogue_Pilot_2347 It'll lead to trouble when it involves Sian. :p

ratna [face_laugh] ;)

MsLannaWhen it involves Sian, I think even Master Yoda could be induced to some gloating! ;)

KELIA I would love to see Sian WATCHING Qui-Gon dance! [face_laugh]

[b]Entry #37[/b]

I?m pleased to say that both of us woke up with clear heads and smiles on our faces. Qui-Gon [i]should[/i] be smiling. Last night, he was, in fact, quite obviously tucking a comm code into his utility pouch. I?d lay odds it wasn?t for the Defense Council.

Now I admit that I?m not above a bit of friendly teasing, especially when it comes to Qui-Gon and the ladies, but I decided to give him a bit of a break this time around. There?s teasing, and then there?s being cruel. The big gundark needs a bit of feminine companionship (and with [i]him[/i] it won?t be much else), and I?ll bite my tongue. This time.

I will say that it?s good to see that haunted look gone from Qui-Gon?s eyes. He?s been blaming himself, that?s been easy enough to guess. He?s always been one to shoulder blame that doesn?t rightly belong to him. It?s a horrible habit and I?ve tried to break him of it, but I think it?s sort of hard-wired into him.

Oh well, I guess I can learn to live with it if he can.

Good news? the lovely Twi?Lek commed me this morning and we?re going to get together for a some caf and? Well, whatever. I?ve never been one to limit my options. Besides, we leave tomorrow night and who knows when I?ll get out of the Temple again. I swear, I?ve been locked up there so long even Jocasta Nu-

No. No. She will [i]never[/i] look good to me. I take that back. That only proves how desperately I need a little recreation time with my Twi?Lek. Her name is Lyrianna.

Now I just have to come up with an excuse to get out of Qui-Gon?s sight for a few hours and avoid any uncomfortable questions. I wonder if I can talk him into visiting some boring old museum and then ?losing? him once we?re there?

Anyway, I?ve got a few hours to come up with something. I?m not worried, I always find a way.

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm sure Sian would find a way, but i sure would love to see the look on Qui-gon's face if Sian came right out and told the truth and left for the date. [face_laugh]

23. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Better still: With that comm code stashed away, I'd just love to see Sian's face when Qui tells him that he is off for a date. [face_laugh]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I suppose Sian doesn't like Nu either describing her like this. What is it with Jedi and archivists?[face_thinking]

Nice update

25. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, it is nice to see them having a nice time -- especially after all the trauma and tragedy and sickness. I'm not sure it will last [face_mischief] but it's nice seeing them getting a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.