main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Under Duress - Dear Diary Entry - Sian Ny - updated 12/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I wonder if I can talk him into visiting some boring old museum and then ?losing? him once we?re there?

Probably, but I have a feeling Qui-Gon would see right through that trick.

On the other hand, perhaps he'll comm that certain someone for a little fun of his own. [face_mischief]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I love the reference to Jocasta Nu. Very amusing.

I wonder if Sian is going to start thinking about Trin again, or if he's cured, so to speak. I also wonder if the Temple healers are going to want to read Sian's diary to find out if it helped. That would be interesting, would it not?

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar Sometimes the player gets played. [face_mischief]

Etain Let's see how much work Sian has to do to get some time alone with his lady friend! :p

earlybird-obi-wan I suppose active Jedi find the Archives deadly dull. :p

ardavenport We'll let them enjoy it while they can! :D

KELIA Perhaps... [face_whistling]

Rogue_Pilot_2347 I'm not sure they're ready to read the secret thoughts of Sian Ny! :eek:

[b]Entry #38[/b]

Well now, this is an unexpected turn of events. I didn?t have to ditch Jinn at all. Not to point too fine a point on it, he ditched [i]me[/i]! I?m not sure whether I?m appalled or thrilled. I think I might be both.

Either way, it?s rather disconcerting.

This new Qui-Gon will take some adjusting to, especially since he even gave me a wink on his way out the door.

That?s [i]my[/i] style. He?s the stodgy old Jedi Master and I?m the sexy, reckless one.

And the whistling is back.

~~~~~~~~~~

Well the evening was even more of a success than I anticipated. I?m writing this with a grin on my face that?s so big my cheeks hurt. Lyrianna and I had a fine time. We drank some wine (the whole bottle disappeared, I think someone broke into her apartment and gulped the rest of it while we were otherwise occupied), had a nice dinner, I even danced a little with her happily settled on my lap.

The hoverchair has it?s advantages. Who would have guessed?

She whispered naughty requests in my ear, and I promised to do my best. Good thing that I?m a man of my word.

Anyway, I decided to be responsible and get back to our quarters before dawn. That wasn?t an easy decision, especially considering how warm her bed was.

I digress.

Okay, so I did the ?right? thing and got my butt back to our official Jedi quarters.

Which was all well and good.

Except that Qui-Gon was nowhere to be found. Now, any other man I might suspect he was doing what I was doing an hour ago (and praying to the local deity isn?t the right choice). But [i]Qui-Gon[/i]?? I didn?t know he cared about that stuff.

Yeah, there were always rumors about him and one fem or another, but I always figured he started those rumors himself. Now I?m wondering?

I even tried to comm him.

Nothing.

That?s suspicious.

I would love to go to bed. I?m exhausted. I must remember to thank Lyrianna. I digress yet again.

I?m a bit worried about the big guy.

What if he?s fallen into a bit of trouble and he doesn?t have good old Sian Ny to help him out of it?

What if he?s lying in a ditch somewhere, unconscious and bleeding?

Or what if he?s dead!?

The more I think about this, the more concerned I?m getting.

If he?s not back in an hour, I?m going to go find him.

And so help me, if he?s having [i]fun[/i]?.

4. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    Sian is so cute when he cares. ;)

:* for him. :D Silly adorable Jedi, he has totally stolen my heart away, and run off with it.

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I so agree!

She whispered naughty requests in my ear, and I promised to do my best. Good thing that I?m a man of my word.

:D Oh, yes, a Jedi always keeps his word.

Except that Qui-Gon was nowhere to be found. Now, any other man I might suspect he was doing what I was doing an hour ago (and praying to the local deity isn?t the right choice). But Qui-Gon?? I didn?t know he cared about that stuff.

Yeah, there were always rumors about him and one fem or another, but I always figured he started those rumors himself. Now I?m wondering?

Ah, Sian worrying?

6. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Look out, folks, the Force is hinting of curve-balls and hairpin turns dead ahead.

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Oh, dear. Sian can't cope with the thought that perhaps Qui has his own charismatic way with the women, eh? [face_mischief]

I do hope Qui is still having fun and nothing is wrong though.

8. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    This is really cute! Thanks for the PM, Vadey [:D]

9. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    And so help me, if he?s having fun

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I just hope Sian doesn't ruin Qui's fun!

Still, it's nice to see him care so much.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

On the other hand, I have a feeling Qui-Gon is going to get an earful when he returns :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OMG, this was awesome! I'm still wiping the laughter tears out of my eyes [face_laugh] I've laughed all through this story, Vaderlvr, and to think I might have missed it completely. I still don't know why I decided to check it out, since it's an OC and I tend to avoid OC's. Bad experiences I'm afraid. But I totally, totally love Sian Ny!!!!

It's not just his personality that made me laugh so much though, it's also the phrases you use that are so very funny (and delightfully sarcastic), and you manage to have them in every post!! =D= =D= =D= =D=

What makes this truly great is that the underlying emotions are all there as well. Sian's enormous grieve at the start, missing Trin so much; all those little sentences that made Trin come alive for me as much as Sian and then later on Qui-Gon's enormous grief. It's all there underneath the humor.

It seems that Sian burried his own grief completely in his efforts to get through to Qui-Gon. It looks like it has done the trick and made him move on, but I hope it won't backfire on him later. So all his 'helping' also worries me a bit, just like Qui-Gon's sudden cheerfulness worries me.

And now Qui-Gon is gone..... :(

I do hope it's because of a date!!!

Please update soon [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

And could I please be added to your pm list????

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely Sian and the women and thinking about Qui-Gon.
    Is he with the girls too?

And please can I get a PM next update

12. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    vadey: just discovered this one. I love this guy...he reminds of Loch...only more articulate.

white collar sarcasm versus blue. i'm gonna try to catch up on all Sian's entries.[face_love]

13. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    Oh dear. Where is Qui-Gon? Sian is so sweet, worrying about Qui-Gon. I love the last line of this entry.

I repeat: Oh dear.

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    So it is Qui off with the date. [face_laugh]
    Poor Sian, I think his act has been stole, he should ask for royalties.:p
    And the image of Qui enjoying his time out and Sian barraging in on that...[face_hypnotized]

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jinngerbread Sian says thank you! :p

Valairy_Scot Only in a very casual way of course! ;)

ratna Maybe, maybe not. [face_whistling]

Alexis_Wingstar Let's put our faith in our big gundark! :D

callista_gseran Thank YOU for reading!

KELIA Perhaps!

Seremela I'd be happy to. I'm glad you like Sian. I sort of like him myself. I don't write him, he writes himself. [face_laugh]

earlybird-obi-wan Will do!

celine Let's just say that they would get along pretty well! ;)

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Fun, after all, is SIAN'S thing! [face_shame_on_you]

MsLanna I'm not sure the galaxy is ready for that!

[b]Entry #39[/b]

It?s worse than I suspected. [i]Much[/i], much worse. Who could have foreseen such a disastrous turn of events!?

I didn?t have to go searching for Qui-Gon, though it was a very near thing. Just as I was moving toward the door, I heard it click and it opened to reveal my overly large friend.

At first, I thought he was drunk. That made me laugh a little because I anticipated many, many long hours of torturing him in his weakened state. That?s what friends do for each other. Right?

But no. It was not alcohol that caused his dazed and bemused state.

It was a fem!

He didn?t need to say a word, the smug, satisfied smile on his face said it all. He walked in?no, he [i]sauntered[/i] in and then flung himself in a chair, his tree trunk legs sprawled out in front of him, just waiting to get in the way of an unsuspecting Jedi?s hover chair. I should have rammed him with my chair, but frankly I was too shocked to think of it at the time.

No worries. I?m sure I?ll get another chance to give him a good whack in the shins.

At last! One bright spot in my day.

He smiled at me and said, ?Isn?t this just a gorgeous planet?? Then he sighed happily and closed his eyes, obviously reveling in memories that no good Jedi should revel in.

If there is someone unauthorized to read this and you?re now rolling your eyes, just remember that I never said I was a [i]good[/i] Jedi, just that I?m a Jedi!

Then he opened his eyes and I saw that the ghosts of the past were not fully banished and any jokes I might have made died in my throat.

?There is still beauty in this galaxy, my friend.?

We spoke no more about it.

16. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    UPDATE, YES!!!!!

And it's a really sweet one, Vaderlvr *happy smile*. Sian might not come out and say (eh.. write) it, but it's so very clear (through his shock :D ) that he's happy for Qui-Gon. I'm happy for Qui-Gon too. Even if the ghosts aren't laid to rest by one night, at least he has enjoyed himself and felt good again for the duration.

Sian is right, he never said he's a good Jedi. [face_laugh]

He's quite simply a GREAT Jedi! [face_love]

(Especially if he updates more from now on, because I do want to know what happens next!)

Thank you for the pm!

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Then he opened his eyes and I saw that the ghosts of the past were not fully banished and any jokes I might have made died in my throat.

?There is still beauty in this galaxy, my friend.?

That part made my heart melt. [face_love]

In spite of not being a quote/unquote good Jedi, or perhaps because of it, Sian is a good man and a great friend.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, naughty Qui-Gon and Sian. They are human after all and all Jedi should have been like them.

Thanks for the PM and the lovely, humorous update.[face_laugh]=D=

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How sweet - love it.

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...Qui has found love!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I anticipated many, many long hours of torturing him in his weakened state

Sian!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

On the other hand, that is what good friends do to each other in their weakened states :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007

"There is still beauty in this galaxy, my friend."

Nice one! Bringing the emotions full circle.@};-

22. Rogue_Pilot_2347

May 16, 2005
    I love the last two lines. So touching. Poor Qui-gon!

23. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sian is back! :D
    And so I Qui-Gon. Well, well, who would have thought it. But one determined fem can change a lot.:p

Then he sighed happily and closed his eyes, obviously reveling in memories that no good Jedi should revel in.

[face_laugh]

Aw.[face_love]

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Such a somber note to end the entry with. o_O It's so good to see Qui-Gon recovering from the past (and enjoying himself) and then the past creeps in. Will they talk about what happened with Xanatos? Or will it always go unspoken, I wonder.

25. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Good to see Sian is up and about again - figuratively speaking :) I've missed reading his journal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.