main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Under Fire (an ROTS AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by anakin_girl, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    Wonderful ending! =D= I loved seeing the twins a little bit older, and HAN! [face_love] LOL, it will be so interesting seeing how Anakin will interact with him. And Leia, of course. :D

Please do pm me when you begin posting the sequel! [face_love]

2. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Just finished reading the whole thing. This is good stuff. Well done.

Feel free to PM me when you've posted the sequel. I'd be happy to read more.

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Finally caught up :) I definitely like this outcome better, there was so much good Anakin and Padme could've done for the galaxy! I really like seeing them all together, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme and the twins, at the end. Great end to the story [face_love] Looking forward to the sequel.

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Dave1307: Thanks, and I certainly will. :)

Valairy_Scot: Thanks! I enjoy writing Anakin/Obi-Wan banter. The Coruscant chase scene in AOTC was one of my favorites in the films along with the opening scene of ROTS, wish we could have gotten more of that in canon.

dm1:

Oh, yes!! Han Solo... I wondered where he might fit in here. Yup, Anakin will get along great with him, that is until he starts going out with Leia. [face_worried]

Yeah, that part could prove to be, um, interesting. :p

You have done a great job with Anakin, having him actually grow up and become mature, instead of whining all the time about how everyone doesn't recognize how great and wonderful he is. That got lame after only a short time, so it's been nice to see how you handled him. He showed a phenomenal amount of growth, maturity and restraint, while still maintaining a sense of humor. Seeing him as a parent was wonderful, and he is a terrific dad!

Thanks! I felt that Anakin's arrogance was one of the main reasons he turned, and toning that down a bit while giving him a little more of an outside support system would have kept him from falling to Palpatine's manipulations. And I think he would have been a good dad, if he had given himself the chance. :(

Great ending to the first set, please PM me when you start the sequel. Good that they sense Ventress is up to no good. I hope they can stop things before they get out of hand, now that they know something's up.

Definitely will do. :)

92SE-R: Thanks! Will do. :)

The1stJediPrincess: I've been shocked through the CW series and novels at how much love is in Obi-Wan's past. [face_laugh] Between Satine and this Jedi, Taria, that appears in Karen Miller's novels...oh, Obi-Wan, you should have let yourself enjoy it. Like I needed another reason to feel sorry for you in canon.

Anyway...he won't be spending his later years alone on Tatooine at any rate. :p :)

iceaffinity: Thanks! Han will feature prominently in the sequel. It will be my first time writing him so it should be interesting. :p

FalorWindrider: Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. :) I'll PM you when the sequel is up.

serendipityaey: Thanks, and yes, there was so much good they could have done.

Thanks so much everyone. :) I plan to start posting the sequel on Monday; I try to stay at least five posts ahead of myself to keep from writing myself into a corner, and I'm almost there. :p

5. Dave1307

Dave1307 Jedi Knight

Jun 3, 2005
    That's great news! I checked this thread out just for kicks, and true to form there's a post on Friday!

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    keep me on the list for the sequel

I liked the epilogue.

Will Alys be a love interest for Luke possibly? ;)

7. DoubleEO

DoubleEO Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    I absolutely LOVE this. P.M. me when you write ANYTHING!!!

8. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Dave1307: I'm a bit type A and predictable. Drives my husband nuts. :p

Jedi_Liz: Thanks! And on Luke and Alys... [Obi-Wan] "Possibly." [face_whistling] [/Obi-Wan]

DoubleEO: Thanks!

I've had a productive weekend and I've got to make pie tomorrow for my son's preschool holiday luncheon, so I'm a day early with this. Sequel is up, go here.

Thanks everyone! :)

9. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    Haven't been here in a few weeks, so please excuse my tardiness. Wonderful, anakin_girl! Very nicely done. :D =D=

10. poojanaberrie

poojanaberrie Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2011
    I was disappointed with birth,it would have been better if she hadn't had a epidural because it would of had more suspense. But I am loving the story so far.

11. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I have a huge, HUGE smile on my face because I finally went back and finished reading this most delightful of stories. (I'm thrilled that there is another one going, and I'm going there next!)

Loved the characters - all so wonderfully done. Loved the politics, and the brilliant courtroom scenes. The reconciliation and healing at the end brought tears to my eyes, which in turn were turned into this smile by the epilogue and all that it sets up for the next story.

The children's conversation could only, ONLY have been written by a parent! :p

And now... Han! [face_love]

Thank you SO MUCH for writing this. Everything that hurt was made better. I feel... healed.

[:D]

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    The_Nerfherder: Thank you. :)

poojanaberrie: Thanks for the feedback. :) Padme had to have the epidural with the C-section but maybe I could have done a bit more with labor prior to that, to build up suspense.

geo3: [face_blush] and [:D] Thank you. :) Writing this story healed me, I'm glad reading it did the same for you. Lots more politics in Seeds of Resistance. Glad you liked the courtroom scenes, I always felt a little cautious about those, having no experience in an actual courtroom.

The reconciliation and healing--that's what I would have liked for Anakin in canon.

And I may have set the twins' age in the epilogue right between my kids' ages on purpose. :p Worked out to be Chancellor election time as well.

Thanks so much everyone for reading! I appreciate it. :) [:D]

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I just pummeled through this story and I have to say I love it!

This would absolutely ideal for those who hated ROTS. I kinda did, because it really did make me sad. I would have love to see Anakin as a father, raising the kids, being a husband.

You did this and beautifully. You also wove in the politics so well, and make each side clear. I also loved the trials parts and Ahsoka appearing to Anakin.

Now I must go reply to the sequel!!!

14. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I saw your other story (Final Stand) on the forums and wanted to read it, but then saw that it was a trilogy, starting here, so of course, I had to come in here and start from the beginning.

This story was pretty awesome. This had the real feel of a courtroom drama with plenty of comic and mush relief in between. This was all the happy moments that RotS was devoid of, PLUS an Anakin that isn't a complete moron and bonehead. Your Anakin is much more interesting than the canon--and I'm not ashamed to say that, even though I generally prefer Anakin stories with a heavy (heavy) dose of dark-side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.