main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Under the Dark Moon (AU) 10/16 Obi/Qui/Ani IT'S Back!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    The first couple of chapters will be in JA area but then we'll be catapulting into the Saga so I thought I'd post it here.

[hr]

Obi-Wan sat nervously in the medical suite on New Apsolon, his fingers doing a nervous dance around each other in a very un-Jedi like display. His Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had gone into the room to check on their friend and fellow Jedi Master, Tahl, who had been tortured by the leader of a group called the Absolutes. The whole mission had been a confusing mess of hidden agendas, consipracies, and deep feelings. From the beginning Obi-Wan had felt lost in the tumult, unable to find the sure fotting of the Force. His bond to his Master had been stretched thin, unbearable so, and the only two people who seemed to have made it through with a deeper relationship, were Qui-Gon and Tahl.

Obi-Wan felt truly alone now, outside of the bubble of protection that he had always felt next to Qui-Gon. Now that bubble seemed to hover only over Tahl.

[i]But she needs it,[/i] Obi-Wan reminded himself. Tahl had been given a dibilitating drug that had the most horrendous side-affecting the more you took it. Soon it caused you to waste away, your organ's breaking apart until you bled to death internally. Qui-Gon had been adamant in finding Tahl, more adamant then Obi-Wan had seen him in the three years they had been Master and Apprentice. No, Qui-Gon's actions could only be defined as reckless. The man had forgotten everything about Jedi calm and had leaped from one emotion to another. Obi-Wan had actually been afraid of his Master at those times.

[i]I wish I knew what was going on in there,[/i] Obi-Wan screamed in his head, leaping out from the conforming chair he had been sitting in, pacing the length of the hall outside of Tahl's room. [i]Tahl, you can't die. You're too strong for that,[/i] he pleaded to her silently.

He was beginning to show that very recklessness that he had feared in his Master. Tahl dying would not be the first Jedi he had known to join the Force. His rival Bruck Chun had died a little under three years ago, when he and Xanatos had attempted to take over the Temple, during a battle with Obi-Wan himself. It was a day forever burned in Obi-Wan's mind, etched like sandblasted glass. This day could also be burned in his mind aside of Bruck's death.

Tahl had always held a special place in Obi-Wan's heart. The blind Jedi Master understanding him in a deeper level then sometimes his own Master. It was Tahl more often then not that soothed the disagreements between the headstrong Jedi Master and his equally willful Padawan.

[i]Tahl, hang on. If anything hang on for us,[/i] he felt selfish begging Tahl to survive because of he and his Master, but if it kept her alive then that was enough for Obi-Wan.

There was a surge in the Force one that was both euphoric and sad. [i]I'm sorry, my son, but I have to leave you.[/i]

[i]Tahl?[/i] he questioned over the upshift in the Force. It was as though he could hear her in his mind.

[i]Yes, Obi-Wan. Watch after Qui-Gon, my son, he will need you,[/i] Tahl's voice continued. He felt the warmth of her smile in his soul. [i]Know the truth in my death, my son. You were always in my heart.[/i]

And then the surgence in the Force plummeted, leaving Obi-Wan slightly shaken. [i]She called me son,[/i] Obi-Wan thought in the wake of his grief, as he ran for the door and tore it open. [i]She was my mother.[/i]

Inside the lights were dim, bathing Qui-Gon and Tahl, in shadowy light, but it was enough to see Qui-Gon's hunched form over the lifeless Tahl. Their forheads pressed together as thought Qui-Gon had tried to share his life Force with her. Gentle Qui-Gon lifted his head from Tahl's and pressed a gentle kiss to the now vacant spot. It was the tenderness that finally clued Obi-Wan into the emotions that he had been missing throughout the whole mission.

[i]Master loves her, loved her. Qui-Gon was in love with my mother,[/i] the thought came out of nowhere, as tears stung his eyes.

He walked

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek:

I'm not very eloquent right now ;) , so all I'll say is, more, please. :D

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Practically speechless

4. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Wow.

Must have more! :D

5. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan awoke with a grunt, the thrum of a hyperdrive engine thundering in his ear, causing the two bantha's wandering in his head to quicken their step. Tiniest of movements caused him to gasp in pain and he struggled to accept the pain as he raked his brain for memory. He had been on the planet of New Apsolon with his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, searching for Tahl's killer Balg. He remembered realizing that not only was Alani in league with the Absolutes but Eritha as well. Qui-Gon had been wanted for murder, Bant had been angry with him, and then there was the secret that Tahl had revealed as she had evaportaed into the Force.

They had found Balog...and...and...Qui-Gon...

Obi-Wan squeezed his eyes shut against the terrible knowledge that filled him. Pain spasmed through him and before he could gain some sort of control he wretched his stomach contents all over the bunk. The smell of regurgitation did nothing for his already tumultous stomach.

He groaned again, this time softly so as not to abuse his stomach muscles further and rolled gently onto his feet. The room did a wonderfully incredible piroette before coming stil and Obi-Wan had to grab the side of his soddened bed before he tumbled forward.

"Where am I?" he thought outloud as he inched his way across the darkened cabin. He recgonized the ship as one of the standard issue Republic diplomatic ship that he had been on dozens of times during his apprenticeship with Qui-Gon.

Again the pain of thinking of his lost mentor filled him, surpassing the pain of his injuries. Think of something else, Kenobi, he instructed himself in a soothing tone that stuttered even in his mind. Like working on finding out where Master Windu and Bant have gotten too.

It was a long methodical process working his way out of the cabin he had been left in and to the cockpit where he could feel Master Windu and Bant. It hurt to stretch his mind so far but he needed some sort of link to keep him here, to keep him going.

He was almost to the cockpit when his strength failed him and he flopped unceremoniously on the deck of the ship. This time he managed to keep what was left of his stomach contents inside, but his vision blurred and darkened.

Distantly he heard the sound of feet slapping on the deck, growing louder by the second. With his face buried into the deck he could only see with his hearing and gauged their approach by the sound of her feet.

"Obi-Wan," it was Bant's voice, full of concern. "Are you alright? How come you left your cabin?"

"Sick," he managed to say as he could not move from the pain that was shivering through him in praxysms.

Hands were reaching under him, gentle for the ease they lifted him up and he realized that it was Master Windu. Obi-Wan felt a brief moment of hope in seeing the Council Member, perhaps Mace had succeeded with Qui-Gon where Obi-Wan had failed. "Qui-Gon?" he stuttered the question.

But the hope was short lived as he caught Master Windu's sorrow. "I couldn't find him, Obi-Wan. I assume it was he that killed Balog."

"I tried to stop him," Obi-Wan said by way of answering, shivering in the cold corridor. "But I couldn't."

Bant gasped at his side. "Did he give you this concussion, Obi-Wan?"

"Is that what's wrong with me?" Obi-Wan wondered druggedly. He's mind was still not entirely stable and he felt lost in the drift of a raging sea of change.

Master Windu's jaw tightened in anger. "The Council will have to be informed of this. Qui-Gon will have to be brought to trial."

"No," Obi-Wan objected weakly. How did it come to this, Master? Wasn't I enough?

"Obi-Wan he could have killed you," Bant protested.

"But he didn't Bant, he didn't," Obi-Wan murmured as Master Windu lead him back to his cabin. His body continued to shiver unable to hold its regular temperature.

"Bant give me your robe," Master Windu said, sparing a hand to gather the article from Obi-Wan's best friend. Defly he tucked it around Obi-Wan, warming the injured boy's body in i

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oooh. :D Nice post! Is Mace going to be Obi-Wan's master (I'd love to see that)? Will the story skip forward to Saga time period?

These questions can only be answered by a post. ;)

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It does seen that Mace is considering taking Obi-Wan as his apprentice.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Qui-Gon Jinn, the former Jedi Master to Obi-Wan Kenobi had been runnin for months now. Mostly from himself and the darkness he had imbodied, but also from the team the Council had sent out to find him. His running had brought him to the planet of Tatooine, a place of scum and villany in the galaxy, and where the denizens of the galaxy could come and disappear.

He had shed everything that could possibly identify him as a Jedi, saving his lightsaber. His hair he had unbound from the leather thong he had used to keep it away from his face and it feel forward to catch in his beard. He was dressed in a standard shipsuit and had a handful of credits in his pocket from odd jobs he had done around the galaxy. Some of them that made the Jedi part of him cringe. He squashed that part, knowing he could never go back, could never become what he once was. He had embraced the dark and revealed in its power even now.

Walking through the streets he was caught up in the buzz of a major podrace, and a chance to double his slim fortune. He paid the ticket price and extra to be up where the high rollers were, figuring that they would be more likely to bet higher against a man who seemed ignorant of podracing.

Hutts control this planet, he remembered from his studies at the Temple. And it would be the Hutts that would have the most cash. Gardulla the Hutt was in the box closest to his andhe ambled over, doing his best interpretation of a wide-eyed mositure farmer at his frist podrace.

It was then that he spotted the slave woman, chained by the ankles to the great blob of a worm that was Gardulla the Hutt. Her hair was dark and upswept to a configuration on her head. Her eyes kind if sorrowful and it reminded him briefly of the look Tahl had had previous to her death. They had nothing in common physically, this slave and Tahl, but in a way Qui-Gon felt he was looking into the eyes of his lost love.

Shly she turned away from his scrutiny and prepared a tray of things that made Qui-Gon squirm to think that any creature ate them. And Qui-Gon came forward to Gardulla to see if the Hutt was interested in placing a bet.

Unfortunately, the Hutt wasn't, but Qui-Gon ran into a Toydorian that was willing to make one. Watto had the look on his hairy snouted face of someone who had made a beat he knew he couldn't lose.

Walking over to the salve girls side, he smiled at her, the first smile he had made since Tahl had gone missing on New Apsolon. "I'm Qui-Gon Jinn," he introduced.

"Shmi Skywalker," she said, smiling and turning back to the podrace.

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I guess we can't get away from QGJ mooning over Shmi

10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 1 part a

Newly Knighted Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi ran a hand through his ruddy brown hair that was
    no longer bound in the Padawan hairstyle. It had only been two months since his advancement so it was not a large difference but one Obi-Wan took pride in, having at one point thought of leaving the Jedi Order for good. He was a far cry from that emotionally shattered sixteen-year-old that Mace Windu had found on New Apsolon. It had taken time but Obi-Wan had eventually
    committed to being Mace's Padawan.

The Council had summoned him this morning, the first time since his knighthood and he
    had a pretty good guess that he was about to embark on his first mission as a Jedi Knight. Tingles went through him at the thought of this. After all the hardship, his first Master's turn to the Dark Side, he had finally reached his goal. It had been a bittersweet day, remembering how he had first started the journey and how different the ending had been from his imagination as a
    child.

He loved Mace, maybe more then was prudent for a Master and Apprentice, but the Jedi
    Master had pulled him from the abyss that he had been thrown in after New Apsolon. Mace was like a father to him and he had felt such immense pride radiating off the of the Council Member two months ago, when Mace had cut his Padawan braid and had placed it in his hands. Obi-Wan had stopped mourning long ago that it would not be Qui-Gon who would advance him to the goal of every apprentice, now he just mourned the path that Qui-Gon had chosen, mourned for the
    death of that man he still loved despite that path.

Not to say that there wasn't a large amount of anger that went along with that love. There was a sense of betrayal for everything that they had stood for in those three years Obi-Wan had known Qui-Gon Jinn, that Obi-Wan could still not get past. Mace and the Council knew of this continuing anger, knew that it would have to be faced with Qui-Gon straight on if it were ever to be flushed from Obi-Wan's system. However, the former Jedi Master had proven to be difficult to track down, much to the surprise of the Order and totally expected by Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan would never admit it but he was relieved that no one had been able to track
    Qui-Gon down, he did not think he could take a conversation with Qui-Gon, not yet. Let him continue to run around, hiding in the shadows if that was what he desired, as long as he did not pose a threat to those that Obi-Wan had sworn his life to protect he did not really care what Qui-Gon Jinn did with his life. Or so Obi-Wan tried to convince himself. If he didn't care then he didn't have to feel and that had kept him from delving further into the abyss.

Subconsciously, Obi-Wan reached up to arrange his Padawan braid, a nervous habit he
    had picked up after New Apsolon and one that he was bound to shed now that his hand would
    met only air. He grunted at his own foolishness. He was twenty-five years old, a Jedi Knight, he no longer needed to rely on such a crutch.

He wasn't surprised when he found Mace waiting for him just outside the Council room, his dark face shining a smile for his former apprentice. ?Padawan,? he addressed,
    with a sly grin.

Obi-Wan returned it freely, thankful for the distraction from the thoughts of the past that he had been dwelling on. ?Good morning, Master,? he said. ?The Council actively plotting already?? he asked. It was a long standing joke between them.

Mace gave him a feigned look of innocence. ?I don't know what you mean. Perhaps you are jumping to conclusions, my very young Knight.?

?And it is just everyday they summon a Knight to have a light chat,? Obi-Wan agreed
    sarcastically, wishing that Mace would just tell him what his assignment was going to be. He hadn't felt this excited since he had been a boy. He grew solemn. ?I need a mission.?

Mace sighed. ?I thought as much. Restlessness has been written all over you for the last three weeks. I'm surprised it hasn't come sooner.?

?It was nice being home for a little whi

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Why do I have a bad feeling that the Sith Obi-Wan will face isn;t going to have black and red tattoos on his face?

12. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    PadawanKitara

Why do I have a bad feeling that the Sith Obi-Wan will face isn't going to have black and red tattoos on his face?

Only the future can tell you that.

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 1 Part b

Bant passed Obi-Wan what constituted ration bars for the Jedi Order, mainly food cubs
    that could be hydrated to the slimmest possibility of sustenance. Obi-Wan pushed the air-sealed wraps into his belt pouch, giving her a thankful grin. He was excited but he also felt the self-imposed pressure of doing well on this mission. New Apsolon was a failure that continued to haunt him in his dreams, despite the fact that peace had been brought to the planet. There were
    still two people from that mission who had yet to find that sort of emotion.

?You will be careful?? she asked, flopping onto his bunk.

He arched a ruddy brown eyebrow. ?I should ask the same of you,? he said, pointedly
    centering his azure gaze on her arm that was bound in a bacta gel cast. Bant had been secluded to the Temple until she could heal from her wounds that she had sustained from the last mission with her Master, Kit Fisto.

Bant casted her gaze down to her bound arm. ?Well you're more prone to injury then I am. Besides Mon Cal's heal faster then humans,? she reminded him sharply. ?And you take too many risks.?

?Hey, Bant it's just a diplomatic mission. I go in, I listen to the Viceroy mindlessly drone about his legal right to blockade Naboo, I convince him that it will be better if he negotiate with the Senate to lift the embargo and trust in the Republic, then I go out,? he assured her, knowing that such things were never so easy, but hoping that his mock-arrogance would relieve some of
    Bant's fears.

?It's never that simple with you, Obi-Wan,? she said with the Mon Calamari equivalent of
    an eye roll.

?Nothing is ever simple, Bant,? he said on a shrug to hide the weight of those words.

?I don't want you to go alone. Certainly the Council could assign you a partner,? Bant
    argued.

?Bant,? Obi-Wan said, breathing a sigh to dispel his frustration. Along with the
    excitement was the pressure of his first mission and he did not need Bant pampering him at this moment. ?Master Mace has agreed that I am ready for this. Do you really think that he would let the Council push me or let me push me into something I couldn't handle?? He eyed her solemnly. ?Don't you trust me, Bant??

Her silver bulbous eyes blinked as if to restrain tears but Obi-Wan could not tell if the moisture there was for him or the usual moistness required for a Mon Cal. ?You know it's not that.?

Obi-Wan nodded, turning to the small satchel of supplies he had been concealing in his
    robes or attaching to his belt. He never carried anything that might hinder him in any given situation, preferring to have all the necessities within grasp. Every time Obi-Wan left for a mission and Bant was in Temple, his best friend worried that Qui-Gon would search him out and finish the job he had neglected on New Apsolon. Obi-Wan had always wondered why Qui-Gon had not run him through, it would have taken little effort to eradicate another reason for Tahl's
    death.

Tahl. He missed her, missed the fact that they had never gotten to know each other as
    mother and son. Obi-Wan had never pursued further answers to his heritage, never questioned Mace or the Council about Tahl's secret, he kept it close to his heart where no one could see it. Not even Bant knew and he told her everything.

"He's gone, Bant. He made his choice," Obi-Wan told her softly. "If he had wanted to
    kill me, he would have done it a long time ago."

"I once loved him," Bant said, carefully as if testing the memory to see if it would hurt
    him.

"Don't you still?" he asked, knowing that you could still care for someone and be so angry with them that you never wanted to see them again.

Her metallic eyes traced his face. "Do you?"

It was an easy question to answer, if somewhat revealing to Obi-Wan's character. "I love him, but I don't want to see him."

"Have you forgiven him for what has happened?" she asked, again gauging his response.

"For what he did to me, I forgave him quite easily, but leaving the Order, turning to the
    one

14. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    wow, really great story so far. cant wait to see what happens next

15. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Oh my god that's pretty much it,Oh God Qui left the jedi and is on Tatooine and Obi's knighted I wrote something like this that when Obi left the Jedi he was adopted by Shmi and Anakin on Tattoine,oh I need to lie down for a while
    This is a great fic. Heartbreaking but great
    Continue this

16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    PaddyJuan

wow, really great story so far. cant wait to see what happens next

Surprises at every turn I assure you.

Hananiah

Oh my god that's pretty much it,Oh God Qui left the jedi and is on Tatooine and Obi's knighted I wrote something like this that when Obi left the Jedi he was adopted by Shmi and Anakin on Tattoine,oh I need to lie down for a while
    This is a great fic. Heartbreaking but great
    Continue this

Qui's fate is a little different but stay tuned and it will be revealed.

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't know why I'm bothered by his dislike of his current lightsabre. That just sticks in my mind like it is going to come back to haunt him later... but luckily I'm only right 50% of the time :)

18. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    PadawanKitara

I don't know why I'm bothered by his dislike of his current lightsabre. That just sticks in my mind like it is going to come back to haunt him later... but luckily I'm only right 50% of the time

Yes, the past always comes back to haunt you.

JediANGELA

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

It's a Jedi thing.

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Obi-Wan sat in his suite of the medical wing of the Jedi Temple. He had been there since he, Bant, and Master Windu had returned from New Apsolon and he was doing his best not to dwell on the fact that Qui-Gon Jinn was not with them. Where Qui-Gon's Force-push had caused his head to hit the permecrete wall, Obi-Wan's head thrummed with pain, a gnawing reminder that all was not well. Tears threatened to overcome him and he chastised himself for such a childish
    reaction. He was sixteen years old, not a little child clutching a hand to the skirts of his nursery Master.

It was late night at the Temple and Obi-Wan had already pushed out a tired Bant, telling her in no uncertain terms that he wanted her to leave him alone. At the forced stoicism of his Mon Cal friend, who too had just lost her Master, Obi-Wan knew that he had hurt deeply. That she needed company to help her pain, when he wanted nothing but isolation.

He consoled himself with the fact that it was better that she not be distracted with him. Master Kit Fisto had already been to visit her a number of times and Obi-Wan could feel the tentative bond that Bant was beginning to form with the equally aquatic Jedi Master. Bant didn't need to be weighed down by him.

A number of times he had tried to settle himself down to sleep, but each attempt had failed miserably. Every time he closed his eyes and found the imagery darkness waiting there it would lead him down to memory and the most recent of which was not something he could sleep through. Briefly he had contemplated calling in one of the healers and asking for them to sedate him so that he could sleep and not remember, but instead he tried his best to relax his beaten and
    run down body into the softness of the medical bunk.

This is all Tahl's fault, he cursed the woman who had mysteriously been revealed to be his mother. Why did she had to love him? Why did he have to love her? It ruined them both. It was an unfair thought from a boy who had been treated unfairly. Knowing, however, that it wasn't his mother's fault for Qui-Gon's fall did not make it any easier to bear and it most
    definitely set him against love. The Code was right, love destroyed you. Because Obi-Wan had loved Qui-Gon he was now doomed to destruction.

"Can't sleep, Obi-Wan?" came a soft but powerful voice.

Careful not to disturb the raw flesh of his back, Obi-Wan shifted on the bed to observe the speaker. He knew the voice well, having heard it upon the day he had arrived at the Temple. Or had he arrived? If Tahl was his mother, had he been born here?

Master Windu stood just within the door, dressed in simple tunics and leggings. He must have come here from his sleep, but there was not even a crease in his bed clothes or weariness in his eyes.

Obi-Wan shrugged, still daunted by the Senior Council Member despite his melancholy. "My mind will not settle," he answered honestly, after receiving a penetrating look from Master Windu. He could not lie in omission to this Jedi Master.

"Unsettling events breed unsettled minds," Mace nodded. "I too have not slept."

Obi-Wan tried to hide his surprise and failed miserably. "You, Master Windu?" How could one so advanced in the Force not establish that inner peace?

"Even me, Obi-Wan," Master Windu assured him wryly. The council member gestured to the
    hover chair that Bant had been sitting in before Obi-Wan's callus remark had made her retreat. Obi-Wan hoped that she had found solace in her other friends, he could give her none. "May I sit," he said, approaching slowly.

The young Jedi stilled the instant shrug that had become his most common of answers and nodded mutely. Master Windu slumped into the chair with a luxuriant sigh and closed his eyes, momentarily blotting the whiteness of his eyes causing realization to spark in Obi-Wan. It was easy to forget in the greatness of the Council that each of them was still a fallible sentient being,
    prone to all the vices of mortality and for some inexplicable reason, Mast

21. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Nice, moving angst!

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    That was sweet. The poor baby needs the guidance

23. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Mace might be good for him. yay!

24. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Great post I can't wait for more

25. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    ***mouth drooling*** This looks very good.

***staring eagerly at the screen*** MORE!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.