main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Under the Helmet

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by NorwichJedi, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Since I will not be able to attend meetings for a little while, I would like to ask one of the questions that I put into Vader's dome.

What if Lucas changed the diologue in Return of the Jedi when Vader and Luke meet on Endor. Currently Vader says, "Obi-wan once that as you do" in response to Luke claiming that there is still good in him. After seeing Revenge of the Sith, we know that once Ben saw that Anakin had become Vader, he was all business, even leaving him to burn.

So, finally the question: What if Lucas changed the line to "Your mother once thought as you do"? I feel this gives the scene more depth as it shows Anakin beginning to emerge from the dark side by thinking of Padme. I would like to hear your thoughts.

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Padme never expressed those feelings directly to Anakin. At least I thought she hadn't. Maybe he picked up on her feelings before he choked the crap outta her? I think just from their last conversation on Mustafar, the line works the way it is.

3. NorwichJedi

NorwichJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    "Come away with me, help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can." Padme to Anakin on Mustafar; ROTS

While it is not stated ord for word, this is where Padme still feels good in him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.