main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Under the Tusken's Robes and Tatooine's Past

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by General_Windu, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Windu

General_Windu Jedi Master star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    I have always wondered what are under the savage Sand People's robes? Humans? Aliens? Jawas?! I doubt we will ever get an awnser from George Lucas but hopefully some day in the EU we will. I was wondering if any of you have an idea about what is under the Robes? Also is it true Tatooine had water on it thousands of years ago?

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Under Tusken robes are...naked Tuskens.
    And Tatooine still has water, just buried extremely deeply. Hence the moisture farms.

3. JebZingo

JebZingo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    And Tatooine still has water, just buried extremely deeply. Hence the moisture farms.

Wouldn't that make them moisture mines? After all, if you're digging for something deep, there's not much farming involved in its retrieval.

I always imagined moisture farming to be collecting the moisture from the air, a la Dune. Hence the moisture vaporators, for instance. Also, it really gives the impression of people barely eeking out a living, literally scraping the water out of the air.

4. conron_montyn23

conron_montyn23 Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2004
    That's what I thought too.

5. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    I think it was KOTOR that explains Tuskens as being an ancient race of people, possibly humans, that came and settled there and had great respect for the planet. It was apparently a more green and watery planet, which is how I would explain places like Beggar's Canyon being developed [by water, river, etc.]. I can't remember if Shadows of the Empire explains the origin of Beggar's Canyon when Luke goes into it. Anyway, I have no clue what they look like.

6. Darksithlord99

Darksithlord99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    Yea, this came from the thought of Tatooine being a Grass Planet...I just heard that story in KOTOR, I usually kill the Tuskens, but I didn't know what to put this in, EU{ or OT. It relates to both

7. JBRO13

JBRO13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2003
    Should've named this thread

"UNDER THE TUSKEN SUN".

Yeah, moisture farming takes moisture from the air.

Proof.

"Dotting the property were a number of moisture vaporators, devices designed to pull water vapor from the parched air. The resulting water was either stored in reservoirs for later resale, or directed underground to irrigate sheltered crops."

More.

"If not involved in Hutt business, most colonists on the planet eke out a meager existence as moisture farmers. Small homesteads employ devices called moisture vaporators to tug what little water vapor is suspended in Tatooine's air."

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Tuskens are probably some kind of off-human race. We know they are supposedly not geneticly compatible with humans (or at least as far as A'Sharad Hett was led to believe).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.