main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underated/Overated games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by dark_charlie, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Isn't is 16 chapters, of which Shenmue cover chapter 1, and Shenmue 2 cover chapters 2, 3 and 4? Which means there's 12 chapters left.

2. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Yes, Spidey 2 is way overrated. You beat it in one or two days and then it gets incredibly dull.

3. dark_charlie

dark_charlie Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    i usualy dont buy movie based videogames.
    the only ones i consider buying are starwars videogames, but those arent based on a movie, they´re based on the starwars universe.
    i heard the return of the king was realy good, but i didnt buy it.
    i cant say anything about the shenmue series cus i realy dont know anything bout it, only played the first one for half an hour on a friends dreamcast.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Underrated: System Shock 2. Not very nice graphics but playing this game with the lights off at night is an experience.

5. dark_charlie

Apr 18, 2004
    i heard a friend of mine saying it was better then halo.

6. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    i usualy dont buy movie based videogames.

I like movie-based games a lot. Star Wars games, Aliens/Predator/AvP games, Tron2.0, 'The Thing', lotsa games. :D

Underrated: System Shock 2. Not very nice graphics but playing this game with the lights off at night is an experience.

I'm actually about to play that game; I borrowed it from a friend down the hall, so I'm gonna be playing it this weekend.

One DEFINATELY underrated game is "Enemy Infestation". Low-budget real-time-strategy game, but it's a LOT of fun. I got it for $5 in Rhode Island about 7 years ago. Best $5 I've ever spent.

7. dark_charlie

Apr 18, 2004
    never heard of that game.
    hope its beter then dark colony.

8. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    The most overated game - on these boards at least - is definately KOTOR. Don't get me wrong I loved playing it, but I played it once through and tried to play it through again as a different type of character but it just didn't appeal anymore. I loved the story and the gameplay, but after you leave Dantooine it becomes tedious - go to this planet get part of the starmap, repeat. The only real reason to play it over again is to find the dark/light ending, which can easily be done by reverting to a saved game and making a few different choices at the end. Besides that, there was no time in the game that I was completely blown away (besides the plot twist). No time did the gameplay or level enviornments simply amaze me which would have helped for replayibility.

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    For those of you with Graphics woes in System Shock 2, this may be of minor interest.
    Rebirth Mod for SS2

10. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
  11. dark_charlie

Apr 18, 2004
    looks nice.

12. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The most overated game - on these boards at least - is definately KOTOR. Don't get me wrong I loved playing it, but I played it once through and tried to play it through again as a different type of character but it just didn't appeal anymore.

Yeah, I was an ardent defender of KoToR up 'til a little while ago. But once you finish it on both endings and reveal all the little easter eggs, going through the game again is a tedious chore. The game doesn't lend itself to the replayability of the Dark Forces/Jedi knight series or even the X-Wing series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.