main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Hi all. I'm still on vacation, so I don't have access to my story to do any posting. Expect a new post next Wednesday night.

J_Girl: Very funny stuff, J_Girl. If they ever do get together in this story, I'll have to give Leia glowing orange sticks so she can wave him in. :)

Puggy: Welcome to the story, Puggy! I'm glad you like it so far. As for the torture, look for more very soon. :)

2. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    Here's the next post as promised! Since I've been gone for two weeks, I'll get another post up soon.

[b]Undercover Operations, Part IV[/b]

Less than an hour later, Han and Leia were strolling through the spaceport on the way to their hotel. His "wife's" bag slung over his shoulder, Han carried his own bag in one hand and wrapped Leia in a tight embrace with the other.

Despite herself, Leia was greatly delighted to have the excuse to touch her "husband." She explored the muscles of his back and chest with her hands and looked at him lovingly from time to time in order to keep her "cover" intact. Somehow, this felt right, felt safe.

Han, meanwhile, could not believe how easily Leia had adapted to her role. It was almost as if she truly loved him. "Nah", he reminded himself. "She's just doing her part for the Rebellion. She's just playing a role. Besides, you cannot afford to get distracted. You are here to protect the princess?that's all that is important."

Eventually, they reached the hotel and checked in as man and wife. As Han proudly introduced his bride to the desk clerk, a sleazy guy took the opportunity to hit on Leia. The princess fended him off gracefully, but Han became upset.

"Hey Buddy?that's my [i]WIFE[/i] you're hitting on. Why don't you get outta here before I get really angry?" [i]No one messed with HIS Leia.[/i]

"When did she become 'his'?" he wondered.

"Sorry mister, I was just engaging her in some harmless conversation. I'll be on my way now."

"You do that," Han replied with an angry glare.

Though Han was proud of himself for defending her honor, Leia wasn't quite so pleased. On their way to the room, she read him the riot act. "Han, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself. There was no need to make a scene."

"I did not make a scene?I was defending my wife." [i]He couldn't believe how easily he associated that word with Leia.[/i]

"I may be your wife, but I did not need defending. I'm not helpless." [i]Why did being Han's wife seem so right? [/i]

"Fine," he said coolly, though his anger was rising. "Just don't expect my help from now on."

"Fine," she countered.

As they continued their journey to the honeymoon suite, her attitude softened a bit. Reaching the room, Leia touched his shoulder and said, "Han, I'm sorry. I appreciate you looking out for me, but I've had too many people fail to take me seriously because I'm a woman. I constantly have to prove myself again and again."

"Sweetheart," he said softly. "I know you can take care of yourself, but you shouldn't always have to do it alone."

With that he lifted her over his shoulder and carried her over the threshold of the room. As the door closed, Leia shouted, "What are you doing? Put me down!"

"Sorry, Your Worship," he said, his eyes dancing. "I was just following an old Corellian marriage custom. The bride is carried to the marriage bed by her new husband."

The thought of going to bed with him made her flush bright red. "But we aren't really married. Put me down, now!"

"Could have fooled me, the way you were plastered all over me," he said as he set her on the floor.

"Solo, you know perfectly well that I'm only doing my job," she said, before making a hasty retreat to her room.

"Anything for the cause, huh, Sweetheart?" he called after her.

Greeted by the hiss of her door closing, Han could only shake his head in frustration.

[i]A princess and a guy like me? What was I thinking?[/i]

3. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Awww! Han and Leia acting like husband and wife is so cute! Especially since they're enjoying it so much. *Grin*

Great update, QueenOfAces! Looking forward to more!

4. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post

5. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Worth the wait. Hope you had a great Vacation!!!! Can't wait for those kisses you promised me were coming in the story.

6. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    Puggy: Oh, they're definitely enjoying it...they just won't admit that they are. :) Thanks for the feedback...it's great to have you along for the ride.

Kab730: Thanks! :) Look for more soon.

starwarsfan68: I had a great vacation, actually. I got to visit all of my close college friends, spent time with my family and enjoyed playing with my 16 month old nephew. It was one of those trips that's good for the soul. I'm glad to hear that the post was worth the wait. As for the kisses, they say that patience is a virtue. ;)

7. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Sure Leia! You are only doing your job! LOL .. we believe you! ;)

8. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    GreatOne: Hey, Leia is a dedicated member of the Alliance. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it! :)

Here's the next chapter!

[b]Undercover Operations, Part V[/b]

The next few hours were spent in silence as Solo poured over star system and planetary maps, and Leia reviewed the details of the mission. Solo?s stomach soon got the better of him, and he ordered room service. He took special care with the plans, however, making sure to order Leia?s favorite food and a floral arrangement as well. He was tired of arguing with her and decided to try to make things right.
    ?Princess,? he called. ?Our dinner is here.?

?I?m not hungry,? she answered from the other room.

In truth, she was quite hungry, but she did not have the stomach for another fight. Besides, she had acted foolishly by overreacting to his teasing, and she had no desire to face Han. As it turned out, however, she didn?t get to make that choice.

?C?mon, Princess. You need to eat. Truce?? he said, walking into her room and flashing his patented lopsided grin.

Somehow, she couldn?t resist that smile, replying playfully, ?That all depends.?

Catching her lightened tone, he said ?Depends on what??

?On what you ordered for dinner. If it?s anything like Solo Stew, I?ll lock myself in here indefinitely.?

?Listen Miss I-only-cook-ration-bars, my culinary artistry is legendary throughout the galaxy.?

?Sure?that must be why Jabba the Hutt really put a price on your head. You cooked him dinner, and he got food poisoning.? Leia immediately regretted mentioning Jabba, as it reminded her that Han would be leaving her soon. [i]Leaving ME?[/i]

Han caught the subtle change in mood, but bantered on. ?Hey sister, if I?m going to do a job, I?ll do it right. Besides, Jabba never accepted my dinner invitations?he said I wasn?t his type.?

Leia laughed in spite of herself. ?Oh really?and whose type are you?? [i]Why did I ask that question?[/i]

Han considered the question for a minute, steadily holding her gaze. ?Well, sweetheart, princesses seem to love me?especially when I order them poseimia with white sauce.?

?Han,? she said in an annoyed tone before registering surprise at his statement. ?How did you know my favorite food?? she asked as she rushed into the other room.

?I do my homework, Sweetheart. Besides, shouldn?t a husband know his wife?s favorite food??

?If we were actually married, yes. How did you really know??

?I told ya, I have my sources.? A mischievous smile crossed his lips as he added, ?Maybe I saw it the Princess Leia special issue of [i]Royalty[/i] magazine. You were a cute kid, by the way.?

Truth be told, a couple of months back he had picked up an old issue of an entertainment magazine with Leia on the cover. Unfortunately, the only information he learned about the princess was the fact that she was quiet and shy as a child ([i]Sure[/i]), and that she did her own hair. He kept the magazine anyway, because she really was cute as a child (and beautiful as a young woman).

?Oh, Han, please?there is no [i]Royalty[/i] magazine. Do you ever reveal anything about yourself??

?I?m a Sabaac player and smuggler, Leia. In my business, the less someone knows about you, the better. Now let?s eat. I?m starving.?

?I have to agree with you there, but I don?t think you are as mysterious as you pretend to be.?

?And you, Princess?I don?t think you are as, um, single-minded as you seem,? he replied.

For once, the princess didn?t balk at hearing any hint of a character flaw. Instead, she raised her wine glass, smiled an almost mischievous smile, and said, ?A toast then. To mystery and?open-mindedness.?

Han looked directly into her eyes, holding her gaze with an uncharacteristic seriousness. ?To mystery and open-mindedness.?

9. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    ohhhhhh, I like!!! I just caught up on all your posties!!!

Take it slow with them, I like it, makes me keep running back to my computer!!!!

Keep up the great writing!!! :)

10. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    love the toast. To mystery and open-mindedness!

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Adorable update, QueenOfAces. I loved the banter between the two of them--so cute and true to their characters! :)

Can't wait for more!

12. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Awww they're just classic...gotta love them! Great post!

13. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!

14. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    she did her own hair ???? Really? Wow!!! :eek: No wonder she grew up so dedicated and singleminded! :D :D :D

15. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    NETTYTHEPRINCESS: I'm so glad to hear that you like the story. Hopefully, the rest of it will keep you running back to your computer again and again. Thanks so much for reading! :)

starwarsfan68: The next part contains a little of both. Who knows...it might even fulfill your request.

Puggy: The banter is fun to write! Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to the next installment of your story, BTW.

Miska: I do love those characters...so fun to write. Thanks for hanging in there with this story.

Kab730: Glad you liked it...see you next time.

GreatOne: Funny stuff! One has to suffer for beauty. ;) Thanks so much for reading.

16. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    QueenOfAces, you've worked your magic again! :D

This is an amazing series and I'm definitely sticking around to see what happens.

LOL @ all that banter! [face_laugh] Those lines are priceless! [face_laugh]

You've used just the right amount of humour, mush and drama...it's perfect!

Great to have you back...and with an awesome story too!

*Hugs*

Blaine

17. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I am so glad i found this story its absolutly wonderful, You portray han and Leia just like i would imagine them. And there just so gret bantering with each other all the time. I can't wait for the next post. :D

18. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh this is tight! I'm really getting into this. Which of course means I'll be swamped with homework this next week and won't have another chance to read again for like 3 weeks. But, I'm loving what you have so far. I especially love that toast. Delicious tension there.

19. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    Jedi_Humaira_Blaine: I'm honored to have my "first poster" here. :) I'm so glad you like my second fic. More drama, romance, and angst to come, with a little banter thrown in for good measure. Thanks for reading!

Rose_Skywalker: I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the story...the banter is so fun to write. Welcome aboard!

RogueSticks: It's good to see you again! I'm glad that you are enjoying my second fic so far. Ah, school days...homework is so fun, isn't it? Of course, back in the day, we didn't have the internet to distract us! Good luck with everything. Hopefully, you'll be able to spare a little time to do some reading.

20. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    This installment started out as just a quick bridge scene, but it developed a life of its own. Hope you enjoy it!

[b]Undercover Operations, Part VI[/b]

Leia awoke the next morning with a remarkable sense of well-being. She couldn?t remember the last time she had actually slept in. Though her sense of duty urged her to get up and focus on the mission, she couldn?t resist the luxurious bed and the soft sheets. ?This is nothing like the Alliance,? she thought.

Living on the run, Leia had become used to small, makeshift beds and sheets that were not always fresh and clean (if they were used at all). She had slept in cargo holds, straw huts, and straight-backed chairs. On one mission, she had even been forced to sleep outside on the ground of an ancient graveyard. She felt a little guilty about enjoying such luxury now, but it was such a nice change to feel so safe and pampered.

Of course, her living conditions were not the only things that had changed on the trip. She actually made it through a whole evening without fighting with Han! The food was delicious, the wine was excellent, and Han Solo was?charming. [i]I never thought I?d associate the word ?charming? with Han Solo.[/i]

Their banter had been light and playful, and they talked late into the night. Try as she might, however, she could never get Solo to reveal any significant information about his background. Still, her diplomatic skills did reap some rewards. During one of their discussions, she actually got him to admit that he enjoyed the easy listening artist, Naida. That bit of information would make good bribery material, should the need ever arise.

Strangely, she couldn?t remember most of the other details of their conversation. Something about the way his eyes sparkled and his lips moved had mesmerized her. ?The Alliance really ought to find a way to harness that power,? she thought.

She couldn?t believe the way he had affected her last night. At one point in their conversation, they had both reached for the wine, and their hands had brushed lightly. Though the moment was short lived, his touch sent shocks of electricity coursing through her body, causing her to tremble all over. It was frightening and thrilling at the same time.

?We could use him for humane shock therapy,? she mused laughingly. ?No telling what he could do for the morale and well-being of the Alliance members.? The brightness of her smile quickly dimmed, however, as her mind added, ?Especially the female ones.?

She wondered just how many women had been ?charmed? by Captain Solo. Was she just one in a long list of women he would romance and leave? The very thought caused her whole body to clinch from both fear and jealousy. Was it the thought of having a romance with Han that made her react that way or was it the fear of him leaving her?

?Come on, Leia,? she told herself. ?Get some control here. You will not have a romance with Han, and you will not be upset if he leaves.? Somehow, she was not convinced.

?Ok,? she conceded to that inner voice. ?I will miss his valuable contributions to the Alliance and his?friendship, but that?s it. Besides, if Luke?s information is right, Han has decided to stay for awhile.? That reminder to herself eased her tension dramatically.

Right before she boarded the [i]Falcon[/i] for the trip, Luke stopped her to say goodbye. After wishing her a safe journey in his typically awkward fashion, he added, ?I thought you might like to know that Han is planning on staying with the Alliance for awhile. If you two could get along on this trip, it might help keep him here.?

Well, they hadn?t been exactly friendly for the entire trip, but Leia felt that last night marked a turning point in her relationship with Han. ?He might stay after all,? she thought happily.

Her reasons for avoiding involvement with Han temporarily forgotten, Leia began daydreaming about spending time with him. She envisioned them talking, laughing, bantering, and fighting against the Empire r

21. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    LOL - Loved that last paragraph! :D :D

22. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    I agree with Greatone...Love that last bit!!! Can't wait to see him accomplish that one.

23. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Yay, new postie! *Grins* I loved Han and Leia's thoughts about one another--especially about how their hands brushed, eehee.

Beautiful chapter, QueenOfAces! Looking forward to more! :)

24. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Oh, Queenie, that was beautiful. Not just the last entry, but the ones I missed before, due to my vacation.

*wishes she could comment in-depth, but missed to much* My commenting will resume with the next post.

I love this fic!

25. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Great a new H/L story [face_love]

QueenOfAces you're doing an amazing job so far. I had to tell you so.

I love this story, and the idea that my favourte couple is "married" during this mission hehehe. :D :D

This last is my favourite till now. All this tension is a sweet torture, for both of them, as well as for me :) :)

He wanted to cup her chin, raise her eyes to meet his, and kiss her passionately. He wanted to feel her respond, rising to meet his challenge like she always did. He wanted to sweep her into his arms, carry her back to the bedroom, and tenderly make love to her. He wanted to protect her and care for her--to treat her like the Princess she was.
    Awwwwww, how sweet he can be, when he wants.

After his shower, he felt better, more in control. He tried to keep himself from thinking of her by watching the holonet, but every program seemed to remind him of Leia. Politics reminded him of her job, the animal channel reminded him of the way she fights, and the soap opera reminded him of?. Better change the channel. He couldn?t even enjoy the smashball game because it reminded him of her gorgeous body.
    The paragraph I prefer. It's difficult to think to something else when in love, isn't it Han?? Especially for a renowned ladies man and scoundrel as yourself. [face_devil] [face_devil]
    Humm, I think you'll need a second cold shower (maybe a colder one, if possible) if you continue Han in this way of thoughts. [face_devil] [face_devil]

Great story QoA , count me in.

BTW, how often do you post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.