main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    THE KISS!!!!

*drools*

That was great. The dialogue was perfect. Blah, blah, blah, I'm saying what everyone else already said. Great job, QoA! I'm looking forward to your next post!

*scampers off to read The Kiss and drool again*

2. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW an update! excellent!

great great post! cant wait to see more of this! awesome job!!

DM

3. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

4. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    Tomorrow's Sunday! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

5. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Sorry, QoA, I know I've fallen behind, and I was lurking a lot before that, but may I pretty please have the pm post anyway? I'm well over 18, so no worries there.

All caught up now, and hoping to stay that way, now that DRL has stopped throwing things at me (for a while, at least). Keep up the great work!

FreighterPilot

6. mirax399

mirax399 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    upupupupupupupupupupuupupupupupupup!

7. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    WHHOOOOO today's Sunday! *cheers* YAYAYAYYAAYYAYAY!

UPUPUPUPUPITTYUP!

8. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Well, as usual, it took me a while to write this post. I'm not sure how you'll react to the direction I decided to take the story, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! Individual thank you notes will be posted tomorrow!

[b]Undercover Operations, Part XLVII[/b]

One Year Later?

Leia Organa Solo slipped quietly out of bed, donning a robe and pausing to look at her new husband. She chuckled softly to herself as she recalled the books that she had read as a young woman. Why is it that the authors always seemed to gush about how innocent the heroes looked in their sleep? Han Solo must be out of the ordinary, as he looked anything but innocent lying there in their marriage bed. [i]Roguishly handsome? Definitely. A hint of boyish charm? Certainly. Devastatingly sexy? No doubt. Innocent? Absolutely not![/i] Leia blushed at the mere thought of what he had done to her in that bed only a few hours ago.

She hated to leave the warmth of his arms (and was even tempted to wake him), but she needed time to reflect upon this new chapter in her life. Marriage was always something that she had wanted, but she never thought she?d be lucky enough to find her soul mate. She fully expected her career to consume her life, and she had even resigned herself to the possibility of marrying for political, rather than personal, reasons. She never counted on falling in love with a smart-mouthed smuggler, never believed that someone so different could be her match in every single way.

She certainly wasn?t looking for love that day on the Death Star, yet she realized later that she had been attracted to Han from the first time she laid eyes on him. That attraction increased tenfold the moment he challenged her to a game of wits that still continued to this day, albeit in a more loving manner.

As she gathered her robe about her, she headed for the deck overlooking the ocean. The trip had been a wedding gift from their friends and family. This private locale had been the playground of many celebrities in the past, and Han and Leia were pleasantly surprised to find that they were the only residents of this particular planet for the next two weeks. Their friends had even taken extra security precautions, supplying additional patrols of the planet to ensure the couple?s complete seclusion for the duration of their honeymoon.

Completely relaxed, Leia stretched out on the outdoor couch, listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean and allowing her mind to wander. Memories washed over her then, transporting her to another time and place:

[i]Maybe you?d like it better back in your cell, Your Highness.[/i] She smiled at Han?s words to her, knowing that his sarcastic attack marked the beginning of their tempestuous relationship. She recalled the first time that he had embraced her, crushing her to him out of joy that their lives had been spared. [i]If only he hadn?t been wearing that stormtrooper?s armor[/i], she thought with a smirk. [i]I wonder how attracted he was to me that day.[/i]

Her mind then settled on their first kiss, his lips descending upon hers ever so slowly, breaking through the tension that had defined their relationship. Suddenly, she felt warm lips press against her neck. ?Han,? she said delightedly, loving the feel of his mouth on her skin.

?I woke up, and you were gone, Sweetheart,? he managed, continuing to drop little kisses on her neck. ?What are you doing out here??

?I was just thinking, Han. I couldn?t sleep, and I didn?t want to wake you.?

?What were you thinking about, Princess?? he said, mocking the tone he had used so often at the beginning of their relationship. ?Were you daydreaming about me?? he asked, slipping in beside her on the couch.

?As a matter of fact, I was,? she said seductively.

?Really,? he said in a low voice, reaching out to play with a loose tendril of her hair. ?And what were you dreaming about specifically??

?I was remembering our first kiss, actually?how you took my hand and caressed it with your thumb, how you moved

9. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Oh, Sithspit. C'mon Leia, he only wanted you to love him for your own reasons. Would you have been happy if he'd just said, "Oh, by the way, we're in love"? No. You needed to figure it out ... again ... yourself.

10. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    *GASP CHOKE* fjdskleiwodnas!!!!!

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This post started out soooo NICE! AND THEN! AND THEN!! You turned it EVIL! How could you?? :_| :_|

Leia really better think about what her reaction would have been if Han HAD told her what happened on Ord Mantell. I doubt she would have fallen in his arms, and told him to make love to her! :( :(

12. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Hey what happen???? :confused:
    It was wonderful and then BOOM
    Please fix this.

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I agree with GreatOne, what would Leia have said had he told her? She probably would have denied it and said he was trying to take advantage of her amnesia. Either way, he's cooked, isn't he?

It would have been better had some third party, like the doctor who gave Han the interrogation drug, blurted something out about everything to her; she'd never have believed Han.

Argh, so frustrating this is! [face_frustrated] And I thought they finally got it together. Well, there's still time and hope. Leia has to look at it from Han's point of view, and Han has to see Leia's point of view as well. It can't end like this, they are soulmates destined to be with each other.

14. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I love that you have Han and Leia on honeymoon only one year after the Falcon kiss.

Poor old Han. It seems he can't do right for doing wrong. I hope Leia comes around quickly.

15. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    WHOA! It was soooo nice and then... ]-}WHOA.
    :_| [face_shame_on_you] :_|

16. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Eep! :eek: I can't really blame her for taking it badly, but let's hope Leia makes sense of it and forgives Han soon!

Kat

17. Solo-Evenstar

Solo-Evenstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2005
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of Luke and Obi- Wan-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Damn, and here I THOUGHT everything was all lovely and nice.....

Better be careful, or sticksy will take you back.

If Leia tries to divorce him, I'll.........

-POUTS- You had better fix this...

but I still enjoyed it!!!

18. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    Now that I am outta shock, I can comment appropriately and VERBALLY.

Yea, you better watch out, or Master wil kidnap you again...and now she has and evil apprentice to help her...MWAHAHAHA. Yep that's right, I'm evil and terroristic now! *makes terroristic face*

When Master Sticks comes out of shock, I am sure she will reply..at least I hope she'll reply...*whiney apprentice voice* I don't wanna kidnap someone by myself!

19. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!-Poor Han.

20. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Master Sticks has gone for a while, so I guess you're on your own, HSG....

Good luck!

21. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    Well, besides the fact that I'm totally annoyed at Leia right now, the fact that they're married is definitely good. Now please get them back together, and QUICK! Like maybe next chapter.

22. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Sorry for the late list of thank you notes. Coaching/teaching kept me busy today.

For Chapter 46:

Katarina42: What can I say? I'm psychotic...or was that psychic? My guess is psychic, but how well did you do at predicting the outcome of chapter 47???? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the kissing scene, and I appreciate the feedback.

GreatOne: Aw, thank you, GreatOne!!! I'm glad to know that I gave you something to enjoy before it all went horribly wrong.

dm1: I enjoy trying to give our favorite scenes depth by visiting the hidden thoughts of our heroes. I'm glad to know that you felt like I did it justice.

As for the sense of deja vu, it really didn't prepare her for what happens next in the story. I really like the scenario you created, but it just didn't fit in with all of my plans for the story...at least, not in the way that you think. Thanks! :)

KnightedRogue: As a degree-holder in psychology, I'm always intrigued by inner dialogue. You'll read many instances of dual perspectives in my stories, as I hate to explore only one side of the relationship. I'm glad I was able to make your day.

Also, thanks again for the "food" and the concern. Sticksy's not really cruel, she's just...imbued with an interesting sense of justice! You have nothing to fear from her...unless of course, you never update your story! :)

HanSolosGal: Learn patience, must you--get you through the mission (erm...story) it will. I'm glad that you liked the scene and I appreciate you resisting the urge to blow my head off. Just remember, though, that if you DO feel the need to kill me, I won't be able to actually finish the story. ;) Thanks for the UPs!

starwarsfan68: Glad to hear it!!!

RogueSticks: Ahhh my dearest Meanie, you couldn't have kept going? Nope, I stopped at the logical chapter break, I'm afraid. No? Just go with my ending. Why, you're right!!!!! I've already written two full endings to the story...I'll just stop now. I'm sure no one would mind!!!! :p

As for your story, I have no idea why it wasn't flooded with interest and replies--it was fabulous!! I don't blame you about not wanting to touch it again. Truthfully, I am SO ready to be done with this story, I can't even tell you! But, being the type of person that I am, I have to see it through and finish it my way. Oh, and I'll be sure to ask nicely for that steamy ficlet from you when and if I finally get H/L together in this story.

Starlight-Pixiedust: Awwww....thanks S-P!!! Glad you enjoyed it!

Rosh_Penin: Welcome to the story! Story it took so long, but angst is part of the fun. Thanks for reading!

PrincessDaisy2: Don't worry about missing the updates...that happens from time to time. I'm glad you enjoyed the scene (and the behind-the-scenes glance). The "more," I fear, will not be what you are expecting, but it should be interesting, nonetheless.

mirax399: Yep, I've always been the type of person interested in the thoughts of the characters. As a reader, I ignore the descriptive paragraphs almost completely and concentrate on the passages focusing on the inner workings of the characters. I always post Sundays, though that sometimes creeps into early Monday morning. Thanks for the UP!

So, you are interested in second grade, huh? That was my mom's favorite grade to teach! I LOVE little kids, but I couldn't teach them. I need to me able to carry on intellectual conversations with my students. As for the work, it's tough, but it's worth it. I remember when they switched my curriculum from Ancient to American history...I spent every weekend at school (and most afternoons) working on creating the new course. I wish you the best of luck! The Mayans are really interesting, BTW--How did the lesson go?

HerHighness33: Feel free to gush...I don't mind repetitiveness! LOL Glad you enjoyed the scene! Just be sure that you don't drool on the keyboard...

23. HanSolosGal

Dec 22, 2004
    Oh, yes, I know that Sticks could deal with you by herself; it's ME that can't deal with you by myself. You see, you are taller and wiser than me; that may prove to be a disadvantage.

As for Sticksy being gone at this time, I realize that this is an unstable time for an apprentice and I may fall to the dark side. But how can a terrorist fall to the dark side...hmmm...do they become nice? Wow that's a hard question.

Anyway, as I was trying to say before I was rudely interrupted by myself, I realize this is just a good place as any to announce that I have officially deemed myself Temporary H/L Board Terrorist while Master Sticksy is away. I will do my best to partake in all her roles of terrorizing, hijacking, kidnapping, and being just plain EVIL. [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

...YAY! :D

~*HSG*~

24. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    EXCUSE ME!?
    What just happened there? I dont get it! QUEENIEE!! DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT PLEASE!!

DM

**pouts**

still, good post.. rrgg

25. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    The hormonally charged walking bit of testosterone of a brother has gone to sleep so I've nabbed the internet. Have I mentioned lately that I would NEVER EVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER be a teenager ever again. Karma save me but I'm glad I'm not in the same household while he's being a teenager.

ANYWHO, I just wanted to make sure to get on here to say that I was NOT rendered speechless. Perish the thought. There was just nothing appropriate to say to that aside from "Off the top of my head I can think of 16 ways to kill you with just a piece of paper." But even that seemed to not live up to the total evil and barbaric TWIST that you threw in. *stamps foot* You're just lucky I have Al Green to laugh at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.