Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jasa Jedi Knight

star 3
    back from vacation, and just got caught up

nice last few posts.
  2. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    This is one of the BEST H/L stories ever! I can't believe only five people responded to your last post! :mad: (wonders what the heck is wrong with all the H/L shippers!)

Another fantastic post. And even if Leia is still not remembering everything, at least she's having fun with Han's demonstrations! [face_laugh]
  3. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I've missed a few, too! Passover was very busy, and then the friends that were staying with us had a fire in their house, so now they are staying here until their house is fixed up. It's been crazy!

Anyway, I'm liking where you're taking this. More later, kids to school now!
  4. Rosh_Penin Jedi Knight

star 2
    GreatOne's right! I wonder if Leia really does remember, but is just doing this to get a bit more smooching? :)
  5. starwarsfan68 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OHHH< Just caught up! I would hope to see a PM, if you make one!!!! This is great!!! I have to go back read the beginning again! It's just so good!
  6. Solo-Evenstar Jedi Knight

star 2
    GAAAAH!

I always think I review this, and never seem to...

Great couple of chapters, love Han and Leia "trying" to figure out what happened...lol... They only seem to succeed in foiling themselves, don't they?

I love this story, and am sad to see it drawing to a close..however, cannot wait for the pm! (If one is made- nudgenudgewinkwink)

Huzzah for Han and Leia, and to QofA for a great story!
  7. IrishEyedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I know it's a little late in the game for me to start posting BUT I just wanted to let you know what a great fic this has been. It was definitely one of the fic's that got me writing. It's sad to see it come to an end. Thanks for giving the rest of us Han/Leia shippers something to strive for.

8. PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    *drools* Definitely one of your best chapters ever! SO good! I love them reliving their experiences as a married couple. And it was very stress-reducing, thank you. I'm so sad that it's almost over!

A PM would be VERY nice, but if you don't have the time, don't worry about it at all (I definitely know the feeling!). I'll be sure to post my challenge once I get some more writing time.

And good luck to your boys! Tennis is the best!
  9. Kab730 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Loved the last couple of chapters and am looking forward to the next!
  10. HanSolosGal Jedi Knight

star 2
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

MUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!!

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTT

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!
  11. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    Oops sorry I didnt comment on the last post..I kinda missed it!
    Great posts!! awesome! mush mush mush! I'm glad you didnt go with teh kidnapping idea (i hope) and did this instead. Great job

DM

:d
  12. Iamof18 Jedi Knight

Great One is right.
    Sorry, I should have posted after reading this. It is great.

I have been enjoying this one for quite some time.
  13. leias_girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm coming out of lurkerville to tell you how much I have enjoyed this story. It is definitely one of my favorites - back when Han was keeping the events of Ord Mantell from Leia, I could never decide if I felt sorry for him or wanted to smack him.

This chapter was so sweet. I loved how they relived so much of it instead of just limiting it to verbal explanation.

Can't wait to read the end, even though I don't want the story to actually come to an end. The best stories are always bittersweet like that.

( ... a PM would be great too :))
  14. RogueSticks Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well you KNOW I've been on vacation back in the armpit of the US so that's why I've been so quiet. I'm back to being a California girl though so I can speak up again.

And all I can really say is "Oh my..." Mind you, I'm saying this while stuffing ice cubes in my pants.
  15. KnightedRogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    *looks up at Sticks and decides that ice cubes in pants doesn't sound particularly appealing*

Fantastic chapter! I loved that you interspersed Han's storytelling with the real thing: One, it's totally a Han-thing. Two, it's a way to incorporate action into a scene that may or may not be dependent on dialogue. And three, it's just plain lovely. =D=

I, too, am distressed that it's coming to a close, coming so late in the game, but I completely understand. There's only so much story one can write before either needing a break or running out of ways to portray smut on a PG board. [face_laugh] Though this is certainly more than pure smut - it's an excellent plotline.

*KR*
  16. rxchiquita Jedi Knight

star 2
    Aloha, QueenOfAces!!!

Humble apologies for abandoning you and this wonderful story! Have been dealing with Darth RealLife. Nuf said.

OMG - you've added four fabulous chapters since my last visit - and this latest...**sigh**...oh, I simply adore how Han recounted their first 'encounter' for her in his travelling demonstration. So romantic! [face_love]

Am looking forward to reading more of this great fic whenever you get the chance to update.

If I don't run into you again for a while - Have a great summer with your kids! ;)
  17. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    Just found this yesterday (I am a college grad and I just spellchecked yesterday), anyway I couldn't stop reading this.

After seeing all the drama you and Han have gone through, I think I?d rather be assassinated. That had me chuckling for about five minutes. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Not sure how far this is going. Is there an assassin in the works?

I have done two edits keep seeing misspelled words, it's getting embarrassing.
  18. FreighterPilot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I haven't been replying--just caught up (again)--I've been very busy with DRL as my hubby and I just bought our first house and I've been packing like a madwoman.

Love the story, and will be sad to see it end, but I'm very glad you will end it and not have it just dangle forever.

If you do write a pm chapter, could you please send it to me even if I'm not around? We take possession of our new house today, and I'm not sure when I'll have the computer all set up again.

Thanks, and keep up the good work,
    FreighterPilot
  19. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Possibility of a PM? Count me in if you do one! Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Freighterpilot, congratulations on your first house! It certainly adds a new chapter to life. We're in ours 11 years, stuff sure accumulates, it's time to start cleaning out! Good luck, and enjoy!
  20. HanSolosGal Jedi Knight

star 2
    7 MORE DAYS TO EPISODE III!

Now I have an excuse for upping, LOL.

UP!
  21. HanSolosGal Jedi Knight

star 2
    5 MORE DAYS! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
  22. QueenOfAces Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi all,

As expected, I've had no time to write the conclusion. School is winding down, which means that work is ramping up! This weekend, I've had essays to grade and other work to catch up on. Plus, my students are having a WWII museum tonight, so both of my weekend afternoons have been spent in preparation for that. Then, I've got exams, etc. I'll try to get some writing done next weekend, but no promises! I'll keep you updated when I'm ready to post. I'm planning a "detailed version" of the post as well (a reward for your patience).

Thanks for all the response to my last post! It will provide great motivation to write the conclusion when I get a chance. Hmmm...I guess the whiny author (squeaky wheel) does get the posts (grease), after all! ;)

Katarina42: Han's GOOD, isn't he? ;) As for your husband, in real life, men don't have female writers dictating their actions. They're wonderful in their own regard, however. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the postie!

WILFBIRD: Yes, Han is definitely scoring points with Leia for his "explanations." He's a great guy!

jasa: Welcome back from vacation. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

GreatOne: Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words...I'm honored. As for Leia, I think she definitely likes "hands on" explanations! :)

dm1: Don't worry about it, dm1. I know how hectic life can get. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends' house. That's terrible! How are they doing?

Oh, and I'll definitely put you on the PM list when I have it done. Thanks for all of the feedback you've given me over the course of the story!

Rosh_Penin: She doesn't remember, actually, but she's definitely enjoying the chance to relive the past. Besides, they're on their honeymoon...do they really need an excuse to smoooch? :) I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

starwarsfan68: Glad you liked it! I'll put you on the list for a PM when I actually have time to write it!

Solo-Evenstar: I do that too sometimes...don't worry about it. If you mean that they are "foiling themselves" by not finishing the story, then, yes, they are definitely having that problem. I don't think either of them cares, though...they're enjoying themselves a little too much! ;) I'm glad that you have found the story worth reading--I'll definitely get you the PM when I have time to write it.

IrishEyedJedi: As an author, you'll learn (if you haven't already) that it's never too late to hear from someone about your work! Thanks for responding! I'm so glad to know that you've enjoyed the story, and I'm thrilled that, in a very small way, I helped inspire you to write. We need more good H/L fics out there, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your story when you get a chance to update!

PrincessDaisy2: Awww, Daisy, thank you! I'm really glad that you liked it and that you got some stress relief in the process. You'll definitely get that PM when I write it, and I look forward to your challenge response when you get the time.

You're right--"tennis is the best!" As for my boys, they played very well, but fate was against us, it seemed. I had to pull my number one boy out of the tourney, as he suffered heat exhaustion. He's fine now but he was mad at me because I wouldn't let him continue. My number two doubles player also had problems--between allergies and contact problems, he couldn't really see the ball well and had trouble hitting it. No matter...my #1 doubles team placed fourth in state and my #2 singles placed 6th. Even though things didn't go our way, I'm very proud of them. They behaved well on the court and played their hardest!

Kab730: Thanks!!!

HanSolosGal: GGGLLLAAADDD YYYOOOUUU LLLIIIKKKEEEDDD IIITTT! Thanks for the ups! I hope the new movie will give you something fun to do until I can get my next post written!

DarthMasan: That's OK, DM! I'll tell you a secret...I was never planning on going with the kidnapping idea. I had/>
  23. WILFBIRD Force Ghost

star 1
    Although it'll be sad to see the story come to an end, I can only imagine the kind of task that it is to write such a mammoth, quality piece of work.

DRL is such as pain in the a$$. Can you put me down for the PM when it's ready. Thanks
  24. HanSolosGal Jedi Knight

star 2
    4 MORE DAYS 'TILL E3!

UP! lol
  25. dm1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Write when you get a chance, teaching sure keeps you busy. Lots of homework for the teacher, so get that done first. We'll wait.

As for our friends, they are staying by us until their house gets repaired. Fortunately, they weren't there, so no injuries. It's going to take some time, though. Insurance, investigators, the fire department, all make a person jump through hoops before getting things done. It will all work out in the end, though.

I look forward to the PM, whenever it comes out! Good luck with everything!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.