main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessDaisy2

PrincessDaisy2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2004
    That was scrumtrellescent! H/L mush does the body good. How's that for an appetizer, huh?

Fantastic chapter, as usual. I hope that Leia gets her memory back, and soon. Can't wait for the PM!

2. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Amazing post! I love coming home from school, work, whatever, to find that one of my favourite stories is updated.

Considering that this story is almost over :( Do you think you will write a sequal perhaps? or maybe take swing at Lucas style and write a prequal after this one is finished?

Can't wait for the finale!
    Mel

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!-Looking forward to the next post.

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    I liked the way you brought in quotes from the SW movies into the discussion, had Han and Leia joke with one another about them.

5. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great post! :) Glad to see them finally coming to their senses! I can hardly wait for the PM, too! (I think that I'm on the list, if not, please add me)

6. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Terrific story. One of the best I have read from you. Put me on the pm list, if I'm not on.

7. DancinSolo

DancinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Amazing post!!! Ew what i wouldn't do to be leia... sorry dirrty thought but who cares LOL
    can't wait for more and thanks for adding me to the pm list!!

~*DS*~

8. HanSolosGal

HanSolosGal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 22, 2004
    Ahhhhh, Leia is too lucky, makes me sad. :( lol :p

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    HSG, don't be too sad, you're still a bit young to find a guy like that! Give it some time, and be optimistic...

[face_coffee] Oh, and a nice cup of cocoa helps, too!

10. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    great post! not very fair of you to tease us with a potential shower scene, but a great post anyway!

i graduated with a BA in Communication and English, concentrated on writing. as of now, i'm waitressing and living at home. i'd like to get into editing or even try to get my own writing published, but now i'm just relaxing and serving the masses their fried seafood goodness.

11. HL-Fan

HL-Fan Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2004
    Okay, I just got caught up. Please pm too. I hope it is not too late. I love this story.

12. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Well, of course now that I'm caught up, I see I am in need of the lastest PM as well....

13. DancinSolo

DancinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Uppity
    Upperz
    Up!

[face_dancing] [face_peace] [face_praying]

14. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
  15. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Oh, yeah. Right. I completely neglected this story. I am sorry, QoA! This is semi-rare for me: to lurk on a post from one of my favorite stories, good Lord above. [face_laugh]

I hate replying after everyone else - they take all the amusing comments. Grr.

This post was written wonderfully. I adore that Han gave her her "appetizer" and left, leaving the normally unflappable Princess Leia with the cold shower. Although, truth be told, poor Solo has had to have enormous self-control throughout the entire story. Waiting for Leia to remember and come back to him? That takes some serious work!

I love your Han. He's absolutely priceless. Puts the rest of us to shame. [face_laugh] [:D]

Excellent! Excellent, excellent, excellent!

*KR*

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    finally read the whole thing. more?

17. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    Sorry it's taken so long for me to get this next chapter out...really I think some part of me doesn't want to finish this story. It's been so much a part of me for the last two years that I hate to see it finally end. As a result, this chapter will be the next-to-last chapter (really this time). My plan is to get the final chapter out no later than Saturday (since I'm leaving for California on Sunday), though don't be surprised if I have it done for tomorrow...I'm on a roll. Thanks for reading!

Oh, and I haven't written any PM yet (I'm working on that as well).

[b]Undercover Operations, Part LII[/b]

?Wake up, Your Majesty,? Han whispered, shaking his sleeping wife lightly.

Opening her eyes, Leia stretched and favored Han with a sleepy smile. ?Hi.?

?Good morning, beautiful,? he said, greeting her with a loving kiss. ?Time to get up.?

?Perhaps I?m not ready to get up yet,? she pouted. ?Maybe you should come back to bed.?

?Very tempting, Your Highness, but I don?t think so.?

[i]Ah! So he was trying to get her back for winning last night. Don?t even think about it, Solo! I?m keeping this winning streak alive.[/i] Striking her most provocative pose, she purred, ?Are you sure I can?t tempt you??

Laughing, he responded, ?Leia, you know your Force powers don?t work on me.?

Slightly hurt, she replied, ?I wasn?t aware that I had to force you to do anything.?

[i]Uh, oh! This is definitely not how I saw this going.[/i] ?Aww, Sweetheart,? he began, using his most sincere and conciliating tone. ?You?re always tempting to me, but you?re gonna ruin the surprise I have for you if you don?t get up.?

?Surprise? What surprise??

?You?ll find out soon enough. I?ll have breakfast waiting for you after you?ve finished getting ready.?

?Fine, Han Solo, but you?re going to have to give me some kind of hint so I know what to get ready for.?

?Shorts, a t-shirt, and comfortable walking shoes are your best bet.?

?Ah, so we?re going exploring,? she ventured, testing him to see if would give anything away.

?Nah, Sweetheart, we?re searching for buried treasure. Now, get dressed.?

?Aye aye, Captain Solo, sir,? she said with a salute. ?What would my pirate be without his buried treasure??

Watching her as she left, he whispered in response, ?Alone.?

After an hour long ride, the automated aircar dropped them off at a trailhead. As Han was getting their backpacks out of the storage compartment, Leia smiled and asked her husband, ?Isn?t buried treasure usually found near a beach??

?Not this time, Sweetheart,? he replied, placing the pack on her shoulders.

?You?re not going to tell me anything, are you??

?What would be the fun in that, Your Impatientness?? he teased.

Sensing a stinging retort in the works, Han moved to cut her off with a tender kiss. ?Just enjoy it, Leia.?

Recognizing the distinct change in mood, Leia took her husband?s proferred hand and followed him up the trail. Although she was raised on a peaceful planet, her whole adult life had been structured in a confrontational environment. Words had sufficed in the Senate, but, with the Rebellion, she had learned to support those words with her trusty blaster. Even her relationship with Han had been combative, their war of words serving both to attract and to repel.

Somewhere along the way, however, Han had become her safe haven in the storm of conflict that had come to dominate her life. Only with him could she relinquish control, only with him could she recapture the peaceful existence that she had once taken for granted. He was her Alderaan, generating peace not devoid of conflict, but creating security in spite of it.

So, as her husband guided her on this new path, she made a conscious decision to stay in the moment. Unencumbered by her past, she was aware only of the hand that held her tightly, the gentle breeze that kissed her face, the chorus of sounds that animated the extraordinary beauty of the mountain trail. She was alive, and she was loved, and, in that

18. danish_head

danish_head Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    first reply? really?

great post! i love how han set the scene to tell leia, and then for her to have had visions of it! i'm a little sad to see this story come to a close, but it's been a great ride!

19. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    And now for the replies:

Rosh_Penin: I'll get that PM to you when I get it written. Sorry it's taking so long.

starwarsfan68: It's only 80 degrees there? Where are you? We've already been into the 90s here in Oklahoma (with some unusually high humidity). I melt when I play tennis. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed that last little post.

GreatOne: Yeah, that teasing aspect of their relationship is so much fun. I hadn't planned on it originally, but I think the payback scene will be included in the PM. Thanks for your kind comments.

Half-Pint: Welcome! Yep, the PM will be written eventually...I'll put you on the list.

WILFBIRD: Oh, thank you! I had fun writing that line as well. As for the teasing compliments, I tend to agree. I think they'll always fight, they'll just learn to use it for the benefit of both of them. ;)

HanSolosGal

GLAD

YOU

LIKED

IT!!!!

Hope you've been having fun in Vegas.

IrishEyedJedi: Yep, after about a year and a half angst only, the last part of this story is all mush, all the time! I'll get you that PM when I get a chance to write it.

J_Girl: I'm thrilled to see you back in this thread!!!! It's nice to know that you like how it's played out. It's definitely come a long way since those first 10 pages you beta read for me back in the day. Great to see you around here!

Solo-Evenstar: Another person in need of a fan! Good...I'm doing my job! I'm glad I could help you with exam week drudgery! Hope all went well!

dm1: I agree with you absolutely--good marriages take a lot of hard work (and depend on the choice of the right person to begin with). I'm always thrilled to see people who have maintained strong marriages--it's a wonderful accomplishment, and I'm very happy for you.

I'm also glad to hear that things are working out with your friends. I wish them all the best.

As for the science lesson, I enjoy learning new things. I'm glad I wasn't too far off base!

Finally, it was fun to write that little scene in which Han is more in control than Leia...talk about throwing her for a loop. Don't worry, though. She got him back! :)

PrincessDaisy2: I'm so glad to hear that the mush has been satisfactory! By the time you get back from your trip, Leia might even have all of her memory back! Hang in there with me on the PM thing!

Melodious: How sweet of you. :) No, I don't have any plans to write a sequel or a prequel. I'm going to take some time off from writing, and then I've got a couple of short story ideas that I want to explore. As you can see, it's been really hard to let this one go, but I'm glad to be almost finished.

Kab730: Glad you enjoyed it.

LukeSkywalker_2001: I think it's important to connect them to canon. Those movies are their history, and the characters are the products of those experiences to a certain extent. Besides, it's just fun to revisit the past with people we are close to. Welcome to the thread!

LovelyLea: Yep, they'll be pretty much tied to their senses for the rest of the story. You're on the PM list...hang in there!

calgary: I'm so glad you've been enjoying it. You're on the list!

DancinSolo: I think to some degree we all wish we were Leia. Also, based on PM requests, I'd say there are quite a few of us with dirty thoughts as well! LOL You're on the list.

danish_head: Remember, I am limited to PG here. LOL I'm glad you liked it anyway. Congrats on the degree. Do you write any H/L fanfic? If so, I'd love to read it. In the meantime, keep up the great job helping people obtain sustenance. Good luck with the writing, and thanks for stopping by!

HL-Fan: Don't worry...it's a long story, so I'm glad you've been able to catch up. As it turns out, you're not too late for the PM (unless you mean the last one from March)--you're too early. I'll put you on the list.

Webogirl: I'm glad you're caught up. You're on the

20. Melodious

Melodious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Yay an update! again i find myself neglecting school! [face_shhh] Can't wait till the final post! I almost wish that you would go off on some crazy tangent that made the whole thing spin off and create another story :( ah well better to have read and enjoyed than to have never read at all.

Mel

P.S. I just read Beginnings, and I wanted to let you know I thought it was amazing!

21. mirax399

mirax399 Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2004
    Yeah! A post! Aww the next one is going to be the last :( I can't wait for the PM!
    Oh and I'll send you a pm about my teaching block later.

22. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Ah such sweet bliss. This is what makes Sticksy the happiest little terrorist on the planet.

23. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

:_|:_| This is so sad we're coming to the end! What will we do once this is over?! There's not enough H/L stories on the board.

*Walks over to The Saga Board and kicks it* Ya hear me?! We need more H/L stories!:mad:

Ah well . . . We'll always have Ord Mantell

24. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    ?Aye aye, Captain Solo, sir,? she said with a salute. ?What would my pirate be without his buried treasure??

Watching her as she left, he whispered in response, ?Alone.?

This was so perfect! The pirate and his prize... beautifully written.

So Leia is beginning to remember, and realize that some of her dreams were actual memories.

I love this story and will be very sad to see it go. Thanks for the "heads-up" on this, QofA. Enjoy your seminar!

25. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Another lovely, wonderful post. Thanks for the great story, and have fun on your trip! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.