main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Undercover Operations (a pre-ESB H/L story)--Author Notes and a Request for Help! July 1st

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by QueenOfAces, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    *In sing-song voice*

She's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :D

And what a post that was Queenie...aaaargh...Leia! [face_shocked]

Poor Han. The man didn't know what he was in for! [face_shocked] Aiyaiyai...you kept me on the edge there Queenie! [face_shocked]

Yep, noticed my shocked faces! 8-}

Dressed in a deep blue cocktail dress, Leia stood out like a brilliant sapphire in a dull landscape.
    That was gorgeous! [face_love]
    And Han in a suit... wow! ;)

The conflict of emotions, all those glances...argh! The tension is killing me! [face_shocked] 8-}

And then they just had to fight, didn't they...I'm getting caught up here... [face_blush]

Great post as always, girl. :cool: You know how to spin good yarn. :D

*Sighs*

Now, I wait for Saturday. :(

2. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Okay, I was sorta right about Leia playing with Han's head. Sorta. Wonderful post QueenOfAces!!!

Love the usual bantering between Han and Leia. Now, maybe both can forgive and forget. But, we know Leia, she'll over anlyze everything. Hee Hee.

Can't what for next Saturday's post.

Netty

3. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Sigh...SMILE...Just the right way to start a long day!!! Excellent. Wish I didn't have to wait till Sat. But I know how teaching goes. Good Luck this year!

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    This is an awesome fic!!!! :D I can't wait for more.

5. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    LadyPadme: I would hate to think that I was the reason that your heart stopped! I will be sure to post next Saturday, right on schedule. As for Leia, she notices him, she's just scared to death. Besides, it makes for good suspense, doesn't it? I can't let you off the hook before the story's done. Still, I promise some nice surprises along the way. Thanks so much for the feedback!

jedi-lelila: OK, I admit it. That dream sequence was pure evil...but it was certainly fun to write! ;) Also, I have to admit that if there were a real man like Han Solo, I'd be very jealous of the woman who snagged him. Of course, I get to control what Han does in this story, so that's hardly a fair test for a real man. I applaud your effort to don the red dress and try to sneak into the story, though. Funny stuff! Thanks for reading.

rxchiquita: Left you speechless, huh? That's the best compliment yet! ;) See you next time!

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine: You gotta love Leia's sheer strength of will...most of us would not have the ability to keep Han Solo at arms length for long. Their fights are getting more intense, though. You know what that means! Glad you enjoyed my little yarn. Your support is greatly appreciated! :)

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Yes, you were definitely on the right track. In fact, I added the dream sequence just to throw off all you clever readers who figured out that Leia wouldn't give in so easily. Thanks...I think it actually made the story better. See you next week!

starwarsfan68: I'm glad I could start off your day in a positive way. Thanks for understanding about the impact of teaching on my posting schedule. I've got a great group of kids, but work takes up most of my free time! They are worth it, though!

Jaina_and_Jag: Welcome to the story! I'm so glad to hear you like the fic so far. Next Saturday isn't too long to wait, is it?

6. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

tisk tisk leia is so evil, I almost feel bad for han, almost. They need to get over there prides, just get together already.

7. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    She wasn?t fighting him because she hated him. She was fighting him because she loved him, and she was afraid he would leave her.

I liked that- it's so true!! And of course I loved the part about the pampering reminding Leia of a hot tub and Han :) (no time to copy and paste it :() :[face_sigh]: I'm so jealous...

8. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *sighs* I just knew it! :(

9. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Sorry I missed the last few posts, QueenOfAces!

I must say, though, that the spa scene... Oh! I think I melted into one big puddle! *Giggles*

And the dream kiss was truly pure evil. But you did it so well... I seriously believed it was real.

The dance between Han and Leia was absolutely beautiful. So wonderfully written... I loved the way you described it as a "physical apology."

Anyway... Great work, QueenOfAces! Looking forward to Saturday! :)

10. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    It's my birthday, so I thought I'd drop by and say "hi" to all of my posters! Expect to see the next installment on Saturday.

Rose_Skywalker: Leia's not evil, but she does have a sharp tongue. Fear is hard to conquer, but they both will...eventually. Thanks for reading.

Miska: Can you imagine having a massage after that hot tub encounter? I think I'd probably go out of my mind...that, or attack that "certain Corellian" as soon as humanly possible. ;) See you Saturday.

GreatOne: Sorry, GreatOne, but there's more story to tell. I think you'll like the next installment, if that's any consolation. Thanks for the feedback and good call on the plot line.

Puggy: Welcome back to the story, Puggy. I hope that this message finds you successfully changed back into solid form. I know the dream kiss was pure evil, but it was certainly fun to write. I'm glad that it seemed to fit well into the story. I loved that dance scene as well...definitely an apology I'd love to receive. See you next time!

11. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    It's your birthday?

Then Happy Birthday QueenOfAces

See you on Saturday!

12. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE QUEENOFACES!!!!!!!

13. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    happy b-day Queen of Aces!
    Sorry for not replying before, my internet wasnt working well.
    Response to the previous post: all i could do was stare and re-read the post

Response to the new post: a DREAM???!!! ahhhh noooo!! meanie!
    ahh..great job QoA! great job!

DM

14. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003
    Today is Saturday QoA!! :D

(even Saturday night for me)

15. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002
    Happy birthday! (so i'm late thats normal for me)

*breaks out birthday cake and party hats.*

Happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birthday dear queen of aces
    happy birthday to you!

*makes everyone put on dorky party hats* :p

16. QueenOfAces

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks to jedi-lelila, starwarsfan68, DarthMasan, and Rose_Skywalker for the birthday wishes

DarthMasan: Sorry about your internet connection problems...I hope they resolve themselves soon. I know the dream sequence, was mean, but you know you loved it. ;) Plus, I did give you a real hot tub scene, so you can't be too upset. Let's see what you think of this offering:

[b]Undercover Operations, Part IX[/b]

At the end of the evening, the couples exchanged addresses and promised to keep in touch. Leia and Han, both tired from a long day, walked slowly back to the room. Leia rested her head on Han?s shoulder, wrapping her arm around his waist. Han held her close to him, content, for once, simply to be with her.

By silent agreement, they abandoned the words, both barbed and playful, that had forged a tenuous relationship between them. Instead, they chose companionship and trust, a quiet communion of feeling and touch.

They had begun this journey by playing a role, but now the role was playing them. The dance had solidified the fact that they were a couple in love, though neither had the courage or confidence to formally recognize it. It came to light only in the quiet moments when there was no misunderstanding, no analysis, and no fear.

Eventually, they reached their hotel room, though both were reluctant to break the spell of the evening. Once safely inside, Leia took out the slip of paper they had received from the other couple and began the decoding process. Neither one of them could figure out how to talk about what had happened between them, so Leia settled for a safe topic of discussion.

?Did you notice anyone watching us, Han??

?Huh?? he replied, clearly lost in thought.

?Was anyone watching us this evening?? she repeated.

?No. The guy from the pool area was there, but he was focused on another couple. I think we?re in the clear. I did a quick survey of the dining room and the lobby while I was gone, but nothing was outta the ordinary. Tomorrow?s journey should be fine.?

?I think we convinced everyone that we were a just a honeymooning couple in love. Even Misha said she was jealous of us.?

?Really?? Han said with a smile. ?She probably just wants me for herself. I?m quite a guy, you know.?

?Oh, please, Han,? she said with a hint of exasperation. ?Does your ego ever quit??

?It?s not ego, Princess, it?s just pure natural charm. All the ladies want me.?

?Well, Captain Charm, this lady is done with her work and is going to bed.?

He waggled his eyebrows at her and she added good-naturedly, ?Alone. Goodnight.?

??Night, Leia. See ya in the mornin?.?

He watched her leave for a moment, then added, ?Hey?Princess. Leave the message with me, would ya?? I wanna make sure that hike tomorrow doesn?t get us killed.?

?Sure hotshot,? she said, giving him her most genuine smile. ?See you in the morning.?

With everything that had happened that day, Leia was still able to fall asleep with ease.
    Han had a more difficult time and spent the next couple of hours studying the maps of hiking trails leading to the famed Datokerrin Falls. He was just about to doze off when he heard a scream from the other room.

Grabbing his blaster, he rushed into the other room, prepared to fight to the death to save Leia. As it turned out, Leia was trapped in the middle of a nightmare and would not wake up. Desperate to calm her, Han climbed into the bed and wrapped his arms around her. She fought him for a minute, then relaxed into his embrace. Han gently wiped the perspiration from her face and soothed her with his voice.

After a few minutes, he tried to get up and leave. However, Leia became agitated and would not calm down until he held her. After trying to leave several times, Han finally gave in and allowed sleep to envelop him.

It started out as the same nightmare from her childhood?she was lost and she could not find her way home. She ran through a seemingly endless forest, c

17. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    ** pant, pant **

** ...sigh... **

** pant, pant, pant **

Really, QofAces, I don't know how much more of this I can stand! Okay, maybe I should lay down (haha). Very interesting that not only do H and L share the same dream, but that dream is incroaching upon both their realities... How much longer (and how many more 'close calls') until they 'get it'? This is so on the way to making an awesome AU fic (it's an awesome fic anyway - it would just be too cool to have another pro-H/L AU fic - there are too few of them, IMO.

I can't believe this is only your second fan fic - you have a great style/flow to your work. Looking forward to the next post... ;)

p.s. -
    HAPPY
    BIRTH DAY

18. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Poor Leia :( I always feel so bad when she has those nightmares of hers...she's been through way too much in her lifetime. But I hafta admit, I'd gladly risk a few nightmares if I had a handsome scoundrel like that to comfort me!! What is she so angry about? We all know she wants it ;)

Oh and a (belated!) happy birthday!! :)

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was great!!! :D I feel so bad for Leia! :( It would be terrible to relive the destruction of Alderran. :( Han went and comforted her and they had the same dream. [face_love] That was great but then Leia panicked and kicked him out. :( Can't wait for more!!! :D

20. Rose_Skywalker

Nov 17, 2002

hey, she can't mad at han! he was only trying to help. Its not his fault she can't keep her hands off him, and he can't help it that he has dreams. ;)

21. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Oh, I like the dichotomy of their dreams and how Han woke up...ahem with his hands in a naughty place. :D

Very very lovely UST, QueenofAces!

And belated Happy Birthday!

22. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    First and foremost...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Queen of Aces! [face_love]

**Hugs** [face_love]

Now to that story... ;)

Queenie... ;) Very interesting post. ;)

...just pure natural charm. All the ladies want me.
    Han Solo... *shakes head* That ego! [face_laugh]

I'll agree with everyone in that the "shared dream" sequence was nice! :D

Heheh, Han Solo you sneaky devil, you! Climbing into Leia's bed! [face_laugh]

Yikes, imagine the shock on Leia's face! [face_shocked]

I love that last line Queenie! :)

The truth was that she desperately wanted him in her arms and that scared her more than the Empire itself.

Perfect capture of Leia's emotions. :cool: You've done it again! :D

23. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    First she won't let him leave, then she wakes up and yells at him... *'wacks Leia upside her head* Great Post!

24. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Great update, QueenOfAces! Leia's dream was amazing, and I loved the "realization" she had afterwards.

But POOR HAN! All he was trying to do was help Leia, and he gets yelled at... Hmph. Ooooh well. Just more of that good ol' Han/Leia fan torture. :)

Beautiful work, QueenOfAces! Can't wait till Saturday!

25. jedi-lelila

Jun 14, 2003

*gasps*

*tries deseperately to breath*

*faints*

*wakes up*

The first dream was pure evil QoA , but twice consecutively.... YOU are terrible.
    You want to kill us with such posts?? well,... awesome posts, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT anyway.... ;)

Leia, don't get on your high horse; let him explain, silly girl. :mad:
    You were having a nightmare and he was there to comfort you...
    If I were you, I wouldn't have said ANYTHING and let him going on. Unfortunately I'm not you. *sighs*

The truth was that she desperately wanted him in her arms and that scared her more than the Empire itself. [face_love]
    Sometimes you have to take the plunge, sweetheart, otherwise I don't think Han'll wait for you forever.
    Because I'm right behind you [face_devil]

Amazing post, Queen
    Can't wait for more.

BTW I don't know if I'll be able to bear more of that [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.