main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underneath a Sky of Dust-COMPLETE !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Siri Glad I perked your interest with Luminara! :) She'll be around again!

Shan So many questions! :D As for Luminara and Kit.They both make appearances in Attack of the Clones.As a matter of fact the two of them are the Jedi standing behind Yoda,Mace and whats' his butt at the very beginning when they are talking to Palpy,if that helps you at all.

Love or hate Qui in this one? Well probably a little of both! [face_laugh] I predict he will have a big problem with this bond between Obi and Xan!

Thanks for reading guys.If I can stop being lazy I might post today or tomorrow.This is my first day off in ten days and I don't feel like doing nuthin! :D

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm a little curious to know who this whats' his butt is. 8-}

3. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh you cracked me up! I don't know what his name is! Plo Koon is sitting there too but I don't know what the other guys name is.He looks like a Cone head from SNL. :)

4. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I don't remember who he is. I can't even remember who all is there.

Well, they say the memory is the first thing to go. :D

5. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas Oh believe me I know all about that! :( No new posty yet? :_| Soon I hope.I love your poor distraught Obi! :) Well off to make brownies!

6. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks, obi_ew! But I've been struggling with the next part. Obi and Qui just aren't cooperating with me. :(

Can I have a brownie while I wait? :)

7. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Hey- it's Luminara! I thought she was an interesting character- now I know why!

Awesome, Obi_ew- as always! Obi-Wan was sure bitter towards the idea of telling Qui-Gon about his dreams? Is there relationship a little strained perhaps?

Ohh- can't wait for more!! :)

8. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Are the brownies done yet? :D

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas Don't you just hate it when the boy's don't co-operate? I'm sure something will come along and inspire you! :) Brownies are done and ready for consumption! :D

Sheleigh There may be trouble in paradise! [face_devil]

CHAPTER FOUR

Hitched,sobbing breaths were torn from a throat already raw from screaming.Feeling a wetness on his cheeks,Xanatos realised dazedly that he was crying.

Too close.The darkness had come much too close this time.Looming over him and beckoning seductively.Offering a blessed end to the pain and misery he was drowning in.

Every day he remained under the Sith's control he drew that much closer to fully surrendering and embracing the Darkside.He had to escape.Now.Today.

"Remove him.Tomorrow he's mine.Let him spend tonight dreaming of what he used to be."Sidious instructed the two guards.

Rushing forward they pulled Xanatos off of the hard floor and hurried him from the room.

Hanging limply between them Xanatos struggled to gather the Force around him with the last dregs of strength he had.Reaching out he gently brushed against the one called Rojan's mind.

[It is time.]

The man stopped abruptly and turned to stare at his companion with an unblinking look.

"It's time Dax.The guards will be changing shifts and we'll have a small window of time to get on Blade's ship." He informed the other man.

Dax shook his head vehemently

"This is crazy!It'll never work and we'll end up in worse shape then he is." He muttered.

"We're his only hope of getting out of here."Rojan told him. "We made a deal."

Dax cursed softly under his breath and changed course for the docking bay.

"Explain to me again why I'm going along with this?" He pleaded.

"Greed." Rojan reminded him. "Remember the datachip he gave us that showed how filthy rich he is?"

A wide smile broke over Dax's face at the memory.

"Oh yeah.Now it's coming back to me."

Shaking his head in exasperation Rojan stopped at the dockingbay doors and peered around the corner.Since Sidious spent his daytime hours on Coruscant,he only came to this planet late at night.That meant that there were very few people around to take an unhealthy interest in what they were doing.

Finally spotting Blade at the entry ramp of his ship,Rojan jerked his head at Dax and they quickly began to drag their benefactor across the bay.

Glancing up,the young pilot saw them and rushed inside to ready the ship for a quick takeoff.As soon as the engines roared to life,the two guards rapidly sped up their pace,eager to get off planet and as far from the Dark Lord as possible.

Once safely onboard,Dax activated the ramp and they half dragged,half carried Xanatos into the small med area.Settling him on the narrow bunk they stood back to find themselves being studied by cold blue eyes.

"Find the planet farthest from here and get me safely settled there.Then you get your money." Xanatos whispered in a voice thick with pain.

Exchanging a brief glance they both nodded.Dax started from the room.

"I'm going to pull up the charts and figure out where we're going." He told them before disappearing into the cockpit.

Rojan watched nervously as the former captive's eyes glazed over and sweat broke out on his face.Hesitantly he approached and pressed his hand against Xanatos' cheek,frowning darkly.

"Your really burning up."He muttered as he went over to the ship's limited medical supplies.

Quickly combing through them he found a vial of strong antibiotic and a hypogun which he filled before returning to the semi-concious man's side.

Pushing the black silk sleeve up he felt a pair of eyes boring into him and glanced up.Those deep blue eyes watched him with distrust.He slowly held the hypo and bottle up for the man's inspection.After several tense seconds he received a nod of approval.

Xanatos didn't so much as flinch as the hypogun shot the medicine into his vein.Closing his eyes tiredly he tried to gather the Force to dull the pain and heal some of his injuries,but he was too weak.

Sighing in frustr

10. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Yay! Xani escaped! :)

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas Yup Xan escaped.But to what? [face_devil] Does anyone else hear crickets? Quiet tonight! :(

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, the board's quiet tonight.

13. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Ooh, wow! Great post, obi_ew!

14. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I always enjoy a good OBI/XAN fic...

Good Post Obi ew. Keep 'em coming :)

15. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Those were both great posts! And, may I add my delight in your having include Luminara in the fic. I read The Approaching Storm and like others detected a little something between her and Obi-Wan, also. ;) Glad that Xan escaped, but curious now to see what will happen. Great scene, by the way, betweenn Luminara and Obi-Wan. :)

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    obi-wannabe :) Thank you as always!

Bekah_K I enjoy writing those two! :D

Arwyn Glad you enjoyed Luminara.Interesting character wouldn't you say? ;)

Maybe a post later.Friend thinks she needs to drag me around the Mall! :( I just better not miss any football! :D

17. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Wahoo he got out!

You know I just noticed... you rite about almost all my favorite characters... Xan and now Kit. :D

Great chap!

Till Later~
    Siri

18. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Thank goodness Xan is finally out of there! We don't know what awaits him, but alteast he's got a bit of a reprieve.

I hope Obi goes to Yoda with his dreams. And when are we gonna get our first look at Qui btw??? Can't wait to see what his reaction to the whole Xan thing is going to be :)

I applaude you by the way for not getting overly specific with the torture scenes. Implied torture is more than enough in most cases.

I realize it's still probably a ways away, but I can't wait for that first meeting between Xan/Obi and Qui. You're doing a great job with this obi_ew :D

--Shan

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Siri I guess great minds think alike! [face_laugh]

Shan Glad you like so far! :) May get your first peek at Qui today if I get off my lazy bum! :D

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER FIVE

Obi-Wan followed his Master into the Council Chamber and bowed deeply to the members.As he straightened his qaze quickly noted that all twelve were present,a highly unusual occurance.Normally a few were away performing other duties of their own.

The door opened behind him and turning he found Jedi Master Kit Fisto striding in.The Jedi gave him a wide fond grin which he returned as he bowed slightly.They had gotten to know eachother well over the years since Kit had taken Obi-Wan's best friend Bant Eerin as his Padawan after the death of her first Master.Bant had only recently been Knighted and now worked as a Temple healer.

The smile just as quickly vanished as Fisto's gaze met Qui-Gon's,and he barely tilted his head in acknowledgment of the other Master.Obi-Wan knew all about the animosity between the two,not from his own Master of course.Master Fisto had spent a great deal of their time together regaling Obi-Wan with stories of Xanatos that in no way resembled the image the majority of the Temple had of him.

Although he admitted that his friend had made a bad decision,Kit held the belief that there was and always had been more good in Xanatos then darkness.Obi-Wan could still remember clearly a conversation they had a year ago.Fisto had gazed at Obi-Wan sadly and gripped his shoulder warmly.

"Obi-Wan,I hope you never have to test Jinn's loyalty to you.I'm afraid you would find yourself as disappointed as Xan was." He told the younger man.

"But Master Fisto,Xanatos turned on the Jedi and fought a war for his Father.What else could Qui-Gon have done?" Obi-Wan hurriedly defended his Master.

A look crossed the Nautolan's face that sent Obi-Wan back several steps.

"Tell me something Obi-Wan." Kit said quietly."When you quit the Order and stayed on Melida/Daan,you made a bad decision didn't you?"

"Of course I did.I regretted it quickly."Obi-Wan admitted.

Nodding,Fisto stared him in the eye.

"When you admitted that and asked to come back,what did you expect Jinn to do?" He demanded to know.

Obi-Wan's still raw feelings on the subject were written plainly on his face.

"I expected him to take me back right away and give me another chance." He finally whispered.

The hand on his shoulder tightened in comfort and Fisto gave him a small sad smile.

"That's exactly what Xan had expected and never got."

Blinking rapidly,Obi-Wan pulled his thoughts back to the present as Master Windu addressed his Master.

"Qui-Gon we called you and Obi-Wan here because we felt you had a right to know what is going on." Mace said before nodding at Kit.

The Jedi Knight refused to face Qui-Gon as he spoke.

"I received a brief transmission early this morning that was traced back to the Nothan system.It was a distress call from Xanatos." He stated flatly.

Obi-Wan saw his Master's entire body stiffen at the mention of his former apprentice.Kit also noted the movement out of the corner of his eye and finally turned to stare coldly at Qui-Gon.

"He said that a Sith was after him." Kit informed him.

Silence reigned for several tense seconds before Qui-Gon finally addressed the Council.

"How can we trust him?" He asked.

Kit strode toward him angrily.Mace quickly stood to try and intercept him but sat back down as Obi-Wan smoothly stepped between the two.As the two Jedi Master's glared at eachother over the top of his head,Yoda banged his gimmer stick on the polished floor to get their attention.

"Cease this bickering you will!" He said reprovingly.

The two reluctantly pulled back and Obi-Wan resumed his proper place behind his Master.Yoda's slitted eyes stared Qui-Gon down.

"The truth he tells Qui-Gon.A vision I had last night." Yoda told him.

Obi-Wan couldn't help but flinch at the ancient Jedi's words.Yoda's sharp gaze noticed his reaction and studied him thoughtfully.

"The Council has voted and we all agree that Xanatos must be found before the Sith can get ahold of him." Mace informed them.

Qui-Gon crossed his arms over his chest and shoo

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I have been lurking for months in the shadows and decided tonight was the night to repay those who have entertained me with the only payment I can give...feedback.

I love this story and the characters you have decided to use here. I love Kit being so unrestrained and un-Jedi in front of the counsel. I love Luminara and her friendship with Obi-Wan. I love the idea of Xanatos being the chosen one instead of the brat (oops that slipped out).

I eagerly await your next post.

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] :( :_| Nobody loves me!

23. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow! Awesome post obi_ew! Too shocked for more intelligent feedback than that!

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :D Somebody loves me!

Sheila Thank you for delurking! :D If you write you must know that feedback is vital for the writer's creative soul. Well it is mine anyway! If you don't write let me assure you that even taking the time to post a happy face spurs us on! Glad you like this unconventional story! :D Hope to hear from you more often! ;)

25. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *runs in breathlessly*

Gah, missed 2 posts! :_|

No matter, they were both excellent. Nice to see Kit Fisto, and very nice to see tension between him and Qui. :)

*grumbles*
    Darn Darth RL for making me slip in my duties.

*kicks DRL in the nether regions hard*
    That's for holding me back from my stalking duties. :mad: [face_devil] :D

Great job as always, o_e

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.