main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underneath a Sky of Dust-COMPLETE !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Still trying to get a grasp on the whole..."Xan is a good guy" thing. I haven't even TRIED to comprehend "Xan is the chosen one".

Obi and Xan...a pretty nice combo when you think about. Throw in a little Kit...it has the makings of a VERY intruiging plot line.

But I could do without Master I-still-live-in-the-past.

2. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Poor poor Xani, he didn't do anything to diserve all this suffering.

Oh, well, it makes an excellent postie!

3. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Ok I finally got caught up..sorry about that....

But this is a great story....and I really can't wait to read more...

I wonder how the meeting with Xani and Qui is going to be like..

and why does sidious want with Obi?

Can't wait to read more

PT

4. bearded_one75

bearded_one75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    cooool, someone else who likes Linkin Park! At my uni, they all just bag them out. Which do u like better? Hybrid Theory or Reanimation?

Sorry, I haven't read your fic yet, it's too late here down under, and I got Chem lab in the morning. Will read when I have time (prob. weekend).

5. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    The tension is very high. I like that. :) Who will get to Xan first, and if it's the Jedi, what's going to happen? I can't imagine poor Xan having to go back to Sidious so I'm looking forward to the "family reunion". ;)

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Jedi_Suzuran Qui always seems to have issues doesn't he? [face_laugh]

obi-wannabe Conflict? You betcha! :D

Cas Qui can't believe anything good about poor Xan. :( As for that connection,not really sure where it's going yet! :eek:

sabercrazy Glad your peeking in once in awhile. :) Being the Chosen One doesn't necessarily mean he has to be good ya know,Just look at the actual Chosen Brat! :D

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Poor Xani ! :_|

Padawan_Travina It's okay! LOts of head butting in the future I'm sure! :D

bearded_one75 Hum,tough question.I would probably have to say Hybrid Theory.I love Reanimation too but I think I enjoy the songs more without all of the background stuff.Make sense? I'm at the age where i live that people look at me kinda strange when I tell them I love the band and that album.Hope if you take the time to read this later it's worth your while! :)

Arwyn Tension will probably be on full alert for quite some time I'm afraid!

Not sure if I'll post today.I spent 8 hours on the puter at work doing the schedule and now my eyes are all crossed and blurry! :( Plus I've been a bad author and reading other stories rather then writing,so my story has caught up with my posts! :eek: May post another short fic to my JA thread instead.

obi_ew does happy dance! Just realised I hit 100 ! Yippie! [face_laugh]

7. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh don't worry OE...I'm following this one rather closly. I just haven't been around for almost the past week.

Yea that is a pretty nasty alternative. I think I'll take Xan over Look-at-me-I'm-the-chosen-one-and-I'm-a-complete-JERK!

8. Siri_Z

Siri_Z Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2002
    Indeed Qui is being a pit thick so to speak..

But great chap! It was Obi before then.. i was rite.. i was wrong.. wahoo!! Oh well perhaps next time then... :p

Till Later~
    Siri

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    sabercrazy Good.Between you and Siri you both keep a smile on my face and have me laughing outloud at my computer! [face_laugh]

Siri Better watch it! sabercrazy may give you a run for your money! :D

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Just a good mornin up; the page was to hard to find all the way back here.

11. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Okay, i like what you're doing with Qui so far :) I know we haven't seen much yet, but what you have shown us looks good to me. It seems it's only when Xan is thrown into the mix that he gets testy. He's got issues--I can deal with that :)

I like this connection between Obi and Xan, and I liked how Obi was sending healing energy to Xan and helpin him shield--and that Qui was locked out. I wonder, did Obi lock him out on purpose, or did it just happen that way? It also showed how distracted Qui is, he didn't even notice what his padawan was doing.

And little shadow?? Loved that, can't wait til we get these two together. I'm off, i've missed a lot of stuff this last 4 days. Gotta get caught up before DRL realizes i'm missing :D Can't wait for more obi_ew.

--Shan

12. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I am back in town and so glad to see a post waiting for me! It is great that Obi-Wan thinks enough of his own convictions to ask Qui-Gon to respect his decision to help Xani. I have a feeling Qui-Gon is not going to be understanding when it comes to this connection between Xanatos and Obi-Wan. But of course, what is new?

Keep it coming, this is great! :D

13. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Just dashing in - no time to do more - to say a hearty well done, OE. Here lately, I'm lucky to find the time to read, much less review - but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying your work thoroughly.

Love the way you've worked Kit into the mix - and you know about my weakness and interest in Xan. I'm still considering where I'm going to let that interest take me - but I sure like where you're going with it.

Keep it up, Girl. More soon, and I'll make an effort to comment more often.

CYN

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jedi_KNight_Hunter Glad you found it for me! I was dreading slogging through pages when I post next! :D

Shan Lots of Qui/Obi/Xan in next few posts.Xan comes face to face with his little shadow in next post! :)

Sheila Welcome back! :) I think your dead right about Qui's feelings and reactions! ;)

Cyn I understand completely about time issues! :( So many fics going around and so little time! THanks for peeking in! :D

Just wanted to touch base.I'm off to babysit for an hour or two! :_| Poor kid! :) I'll try to post tonight.

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER EIGHT

Obi-Wan ducked behind the corner as a large group of armored soldiers filed through the crowded streets.The inhabitants of Mysla scurried to get out of the way but not without sending the soldiers looks that burned with resentment.

A peaceful city far removed from the intrigue that plagued the Republic,the citizens preferred to be left alone.Due to this fact the Jedi had opted to shed their widely recognized garments in favor of local clothes.

Obi-Wan was dressed in soft brown leather pants,a loose white tunic,and had hidden his Padawan braid and tail underneath a head scarf.His lightsabre was tucked carefully into the waistband of his pants for easy access.

Using the Force the three Jedi had been able to pickup Xanatos' Force signature and track him to this city.Normally the former Jedi would have been able to shield his presence,but weak and injured as he appeared to be he was unable to cloak himself.Unfortunately they knew that this would also make him vulnerable to the Sith.

They were in a race against time to find and secure the fallen Jedi.

The sudden appearance yesterday of the unknown armored troops only underlined the severity of their task.The Sith was hard on their heels.

As soon as the soldiers passed by his hiding place,Obi-Wan allowed himself to relax and slipped into the Force.Stretching out he searched for the unique presence he had been tracking before the troop had interrupted.

A wave of pain flooded him and with a strangled cry he fell back against the wall behind him.Breathing deeply he calmed himself and propelled himself out into the streets.

He let his booted feet lead him several blocks until he stopped abruptly in front of a small rundown building.It appeared to be vacant as if it had been uninhabited for some time.The feelings that assaulted him were proof enough that he had found his prey.

Glancing around to make sure he was not being observed,he quickly slipped inside.Shutting the door behind him he let his gaze catalogue the rooms contents.

A single bed sat in the corner difficult to see as the shuttered windows allowed in minimal light.Striding to the closest one he released the latch and pushed the concealing flap open,flooding the room with light.Turning he reluctantly forced himself to study the figure sprawled on the small bed.

The man's black clothes although torn and dirty were of good quality.He lay on his stomach with his arm hanging over the side,fingertips brushing against a blaster that lay on the floor.Facing the door as he was,Obi-Wan had a clear view of his face.

Although it had been almost ten years since he had last seen Xanatos,the former Jedi looked exactly the same.The familiar long black hair only had a few stray strands of grey in it.The darkly handsome face with it's broken circle scar still managed to maintain a youthful appearance.

Obi-Wan slowly moved forward until he stood directly in front of his old nemesis.

" deCrion!" He called loudly.

When he received no response he frowned worriedly.Squatting down next to the man he pushed the blaster out of reach and hesitantly placed a palm against the scarred flushed cheek.The skin was hot and chapped.Dropping his hand to rest on a broad shoulder he shook the man firmly.

"deCrion wake up!" He called again.

A muffled cry of pain had him pulling back slightly.Long black eyelashes fluttered several times before fighting their way open.The familiar deep blue eyes stared at him unblinkingly,dulled by pain and fever.

"deCrion do you know where you are?" Obi-Wan asked.

Silence greeted his question for several moments before dry cracked lips parted to whisper, " Dream."

Unsure what that meant,Obi-Wan leaned closer.

"Do you know who I am?" He inquired.

A frown knitted the sweaty brow as Xanatos' eyes finally seemed to focus on his face.

"Li..little shadow.Not..a.dream?" Xanatos managed to gasp.

Obi-Wan couldn't supress a reluctant grin.

"No I'm not a dream.Master Fisto received your distress call and the Council sent us to help you

16. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Excellently written, obi_ew!

So . . . the Xani and Qui confrontation is coming up. Xani was disappointed that Obi was there only out of duty. It makes me feel bad for the guy. :(

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    I really like the interaction between Obi and Xani, even though Xani is hurt. I'm looking forward to the confrontation scene; if it's anything like this post, then it will be excellent.

18. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Excellent post, obi_ew. As always, excellent.

19. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Very nice, o_e.

Poor Xani, looking disappointed because Obi hid his reasons for being there. Duty, indeed.

Excellent post, as per usual. :)

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cas If your feeling sorry for Xan then I'm accomplishing what I'm trying for! :D

Jedi_Knight_Hunter [face_blush] Thank you!

obi-wannabe Your always too kind! :)

Jedi_Suzuran Thank you my faithful stalker! [face_love]

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Another great post. I don't think Obi-Wan was entirely truthful when he told Xanatos why he helped him. He feels a kinship with him that he doesn't want to admit to. Of course, who would with Qui-Gon as his master. The upcoming confrontation should be interesting. [face_mischief]

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shelia How's that old expression go? Between a rock and a hard place ! Poor Obi is going to be torn in several different directions! [face_devil]

23. Elaine_of_Shalott

Elaine_of_Shalott Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2001
    This is great. I've always found Xanatos a fascinating character and I just love the way you've drawn him. I look forward to seeing how you continue to develop this story.

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Elaine_of_Shalott :) A new reader! WElcome and glad you like so far.There are alot of us who enjoy Xanatos and wish he hadn't met with such an untimely demise in JA land! Thanks for taking the to read and review! :D

25. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Great post obi_ew!

Nice touch with having the troops already being there when the jedi arrive--it's upping the suspense level nicely :)

Obi seems a little confused about his feelings where Xan is concerned. I'm sure this connection between him and the fallen jedi will be hard on him as well. And if I know Qui, he wont make it any easier on him.

Great job on this fic so far, and can't wait to see where you take it.

--Shan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.