main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underneath a Sky of Dust-COMPLETE !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I just loved this post OE . I cannot wait for Sideous to find out his little plan did not work! [face_laugh]

I too hope you let me know when and where I can read your other story. You know I am old enough by a couple of decades! :D

** edit ** UGH! You know OE , that L is right under that O and my finger just slipped. I would never forget who you are! [face_love]

2. -Ulic_Qel-Droma-

-Ulic_Qel-Droma- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    way to go little buddy *said in michalangelo voice from teenage mutant ninja turtles* wooo hoo! they did it! they did it *does a dance* GO GET SIDIOUS!!

-Joe

3. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Great post, as always.
    Ehmm,*blushes slightly*, can you tell me that side,too? 38 is old enough, isn't it?
    Vadey

4. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Sequel? I don't think one will be necessary.

Does that mean that one of the hot ones will die? [face_plain] :( :( :_| :_|

Dirty thoughts...dirty thoughts...and you can't tell me I'm the only one this time?

Will you e-mail me the slash story or send me a pm? ( For my birthday?, or better yet a Xanatos/ Obi package... :D )

*exunt for a cold shower*

5. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    sabercrazy perv boy Which one? Obi? Xan? [face_laugh]

padawan3 Hello! :D Five days huh? Hope you took a break in there somewhere!Glad you found my fic even if it's right before it ends. :( I have noticed an increase in Xan fics in the last few weeks so don't lose hope! :) My next fic will feature him also but he won't be quite as nice as he has been in these last two fics! ;)

PAdawan_Kitara [face_laugh] Laugh face.As soon as I get the fic up somewhere I'll PM each and everyone of you.

Sheila LE ? Um Sheila.Are you getting your fics confused? :( Still two posts to go and you've allready forgotten who I am!

Joe The battle begins and ends today! :eek:

VadeyFan 38? Yeah! Someone older then me! :) You'll be on my list of people to PM!

JKH Sheila is the one you need to talk to about that Obi/Xan Birthday gift! :p

I'm going to toss a question out there and anyone who wants to respond I would appreciate your input.

My next fic has Xan as a not so nice fella.Would anyone read it? Also would you rather I wait to start posting when I have the whole thing done so you get daily posts? Or would it be okay if the posts were weekly or everyother week? Just curious! :) Post up a little later.

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *waves hand*

You will write it regardless. You will write it regardless...

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX

Sidious sat in his thronelike chair and waited eagerly for the two Jedi to arrive.He had spent the time planning what their next step would be.With the two young men under his control neither the Senate nor the Jedi would be able to stop him.

He would rule the galaxy.

Chuckling in glee,he turned expectantly as the door opened.His grin slowly faded as he watched the two new arrivals.

deCrion and Kenobi stood inside the closed door with their lightsabres held loosely in their hands.Both of the handsome faces were smooth and tranquail as they watched him with penetrating stares.When they failed to speak,he stood to face them.

"What is the meaning of this!" He snapped.

Xanatos' full mouth twitched before he responded.

"You're through Sidious.We're here to put a stop to your plans."He explained.

Silence filled the room before the Sith Lord grinned mockingly.

"You don't seriously believe you two are a match for my power do you?" He asked.

Kenobi tilted his head to the side to study the Sith.

"You seemed rather desperate to have us on your side."He commented.

The Dark Lord scowled.

"You could have been an asset but I certainly don't need you.It's a shame I'll have to destroy you both." He snarled as he lifted a hand.

As the blue Force lightening shot across the room,both men activated their lightsabres to deflect the bolts.The air was soon filled with smoke and the smell of burning as the laser blades met and repelled the charges.

Blinding rage engulfed Sidious as the two young Jedi gave him serene confident smiles.

"Give up Sidious!" Xanatos ordered him.

"Pathetic fools!" The Sith hissed. "You will grovel at my feet before I destroy you!"

The two men exchanged a speaking glance before fanning out to approach him from opposite sides.Gathering the Darkside around him,the Sith Lord sent out a burst of cloying energy at Xanatos.

If the Chosen One refused to join him then he would die.

The young Knight stopped in his tracks and gasped as the familiar feeling of pure evil invaded his mind.The power of the Sith's will gradually began to beat down on his shielding.Insidious in its desire to crush him.

A low sinister chuckle could be heard as the Sith Lord gained confidence.The young man was no match for him.

The chuckle stilled in his throat as something unseen seemed to happen.Xanatos suddenly straightened and lifting a hand,sent the wave of Darkside energy hurtling back at the Sith Lord.

"Impossible!" Sidious snarled.

When a mocking grin curved Xanatos' mouth,Sidious growled in rage and lifting both of his hands drew on every ounce of his considerable power.He was determined to finish the young Jedi once and for all.

As the intense wave of Dark energy battered him,Xanatos seemed to fold.Sidious grinned coldly as the young man's legs shook before he slowly began to sink to his knees.

The Sith's attention was suddenly diverted as Obi-Wan moved to stand beside his Jedi brethren.Bright blue-grey eyes seemed to glow with a blinding light as they bored into him.Reaching out,Kenobi clasped the Chosen One's hand tightly without looking away from the Sith Lord.

Sidious' mouth fell open in shock as Xanatos gathered reserve energy from somewhere and pulled himself erect.The two Jedi stared unrelentingly at him as they were somehow able to turn his own powers back on him.

Staggering back,Sidious sobbed angrily as he felt himself burning from the inside out.Hands still clasped,the two Jedi began to stalk toward him.

The Sith Lord could only watch as Kenobi activated his lightsabre and brought it swinging around with vicious strength.The last thing the Sith Lord saw were the wide smiles that lit up both exquisite faces before his head was seperated from his body.

As the Sith's Darkside energy was released ,Obi-Wan and Xanatos were blown off their feet.A tornadic wind seemed to swirl around the room,blowing out the glass windows and upending everything not secured down.It was several minutes later before eveything quiet

8. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Good, fantastic, I loved it.

*standing and clapping hands in approval*

Vadey

9. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Awesome, obi-ew!!

:)

That was a great post, the imagery was so vivid I could see it all playing out...

Oh, and the image of Obi and Xan standing side by side, fighting evil....

*sigh*

[face_love]

Well, let's just say,

THANK YOU!! :D

The only bad part about it is it's almost over.....

10. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay!

Though Palpy died. :_|

Oh well. :p

I'll read it regardless, I'm pitiful that way. :p

11. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

^ that get my piont across? :D

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    VadeyFan [face_blush] Thanks!

astroanna :) I loathe action scenes so I'm glad it plays out okay! I know what you mean about it ending.I dread tomorrow! :(

Padawan Sorry about your God Palpy but would you rather I had killed one of the boys? ;)

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    sabercrazy Loud and clear! :)

14. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    OH, so much to catch up on :eek:

First of all I have to say - - I knew my baby wouldn't turn ;) Nice job of playing it cold though. He was quite convincing.

I just love what you did with the bond. How they reestablished it was great and very touching - - and since I hang my dirty little mind out to dry when I come to this site, I had not an inappropriate thought at all(and if you believe that I got a little bridge to sell ya) ;)

Seriously though o_e, You have done a remarkable job on this fic. Like Cas's I am sorry to see this one ending. I just loved the confrontation and how when Xan was down all he had to do was draw strength from Obi-Wan. This has been one helluva good monster of a fic -- and you should definately take a bow for the effort and originality. Great job.

I know the fic is not over, but the rest is surely just a bonus :D I'll be back to catch it when I can. Going christmas shopping tomorrow and with it being the last weekend before the big day, one can only hope i'll come out unscathed :)

--Shan

15. -Ulic_Qel-Droma-

Jun 21, 2002
    HA HA! SIDIOUS WAS BEATEN TO THE GROUND WITH NOTHING MORE THEN A BREEZE! he was never a match for the two, they are unstoppable, way to go guys you rock!

Obi-ew i have enjoyed up til now very much, its so devastatingly wonderful, its beyond comprehension, i really loved this story. The compassion i felt from xani to obi and back again was remarkable. you really touched the writing spirit, keep up the good work!

-Joe

16. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    Yeah!!!
    However, Palpy didn't SUFFER. That was too quick.
    But I still LOVE the ending. I like "happy" stories where Palpy gets cooked.
    PadawanKitara: I live in Fremont. I don't know if you know it but it's still raining today.
    Uppy! :D

17. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wonderful demise of Palpy. It was great the way Xani and Obi worked together to defeat the creep. I hate to see this story end, but I'm sure you'll keep posting something, won't you?

Anyway, great job, oe! :D

18. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I edited my previous post dear OE to correct my grievous error. Never fear, it was merely a typo, I have never lost sight of who the writer is for this marvelous story! [face_love]

The Sith Lord could only watch as Kenobi activated his lightsabre and brought it swinging around with vicious strength.The last thing the Sith Lord saw were the wide smiles that lit up both exquisite faces before his head was seperated from his body. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Now THAT was satisfying! :) :D [face_laugh]

As far as your new story is concerned, if you write it, I will read it pure and simple. I love how you wrote Xan in this fic but I have no problem with Xanatos portrayed in another way. As long as his character is not one dimensional (like in the JA books) which I don't think you are capable of anyway, then portray him however you need for your story. As far as updates, I am torn. I LOVE daily updates, but of course, then we have to wait longer for the start of your story. I would have to vote for daily or frequent updates though. I find that trying to follow many stories means I have to reread things if the updates come too infrequently. When you update daily it almost seems like we are having a conversation in our replies to one another. Just my personal preference. :)

19. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Yea Obi's free and has his bond with Xani back! It's all getting better! The jerk sith is dead...!!!!!! Is Qui gonna be okay? Is this getting to the end? Please so no! I love it too much!

~*Nikita*~

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I knew you wouldn't kill off one of the boys. It's much more pc (poltically correct) to kill off the bad guys ;)

We got hit by a monster of a storm last night, and another is on it's way. I'm surprised the Magic Kingdom hasn't floated away yet. I'll just blame it on Amy 8-}

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Joe [face_blush] Thank you very much! It warms my cold little heart when people get enjoyment out of my little scribbles!

Amy21 Well they are Jedi so I guess they couldn't torture him! ;)

Cas Eventually I'll post something.Your damn little Ani/Xani fic is still haunting me so I've started working on it again! I'll most likely wait until I have quite a few posts ready before I start posting it since it's given me the fits! :p

Thanks for giving me that headache! :D

Sheila I understand completely what you mean! I do think I'll wait until I'm sure I can finish this next fic before I start posting.It's going to kill me not having something to post everyday! :mad:

Nikita :( Today's posty is the end! :_|

Padawan_Kitara I just didn't have the heart to do it! No telling what may happen in my new one though! [face_devil]

Epilogue

Time is a valuable thing
    Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
    Watch it count down to the end of the
    day
    The clock ticks life away

In The End- Linkin Park

As he watched the body of Jedi Master Kit Fisto burn,Obi-Wan felt a sense of profound relief.He had liked the other man and was glad that as far as anyone in this room knew,the Jedi had died an honorable death.He had died to save his friends life.

Feeling someone watching him,he turned to find LuLu's dark blue eyes studying him worriedly.She returned his affectionate smile before turning her gaze on the figure that stood directly in front of him.Sorrow flooded her uniquely beautiful face.

Following her example,Obi-Wan turned his attention to the cloaked figure.Xanatos held himself rigidly as he huddled underneath his hood.

They had both spent hours being grilled by both the Council and the soul healers.Only when they were completely satisfied that no hint of Darkness tainted either man,had the Council made a decision.

Once Obi-Wan was Knighted, he and Xanatos would work together as a team on the most difficult missions.Although they had been pleased with the announcement,Qui-Gon's reaction had been less enthusiastic.

He had let the Council know quite succinctly what he thought of them placing both of his beloved Padawan's directly in the line of fire.

Obi-Wan's small grin quickly faded as he felt an intense wave of sorrow through his bond with Xanatos.Reaching out he sent his friend a soothing wave of understanding.The older man's body relaxed slightly as he responded by sending back a warm pulse.

He was at a loss as to how to help his friend.Although Obi-Wan grieved the death of Kit,neither he nor anyone else could completely comprehend.Kit had been an important person in Xan's life for over thirty years.

Kit had never lost faith in Xanatos when everyone else had.Including Xanatos himself.Obi-Wan couldn't even begin to imagine how he would feel if he lost Qui-Gon.

Sensing his Padawan's distress,Qui-Gon squeezed his shoulder affectionately.Feeling a sense of peace settle over him,Obi-Wan watched uneasily as a small figure broke through a row of Knights and moved toward Xanatos with determination.

Large grief stricken silver eyes met Obi-Wan's briefly before settling on Xanatos' bent head.

Bant.

The one person in the galaxy who could understand and empathize with Xanatos.Kit had been her Master and friend for many years.He had helped to guide and mold the person she was today.

She was also,Obi-Wan knew one of the last people who would feel any remorse in Xan's loss.

He watched with bated breath as Xanatos slowly lifted his head to study the young Knight.Deep blue eyes met silver as they both experienced a moment of kinship.

Obi-Wan fought back tears as they both turned back to watch the funeral prye burn and Bant hesitantly slipped a finned hand into Xanatos'.They remained united in silence for several minutes,until Xanatos pressed a brief kiss on her forehead before resting the side of his head against hers.

Their hands clung together tightly as they said their final goodbyes to a

22. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    I don't know what to say but Thank You for that beautiful story you shared with us.
    And Bant sharing the grieve openly with Xan is a symbolism of the whole order finally welcoming him back home.

Vadey

23. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Bravo, OE - you get a standing O. It's been a truly lovely ride.

Can't wait until you decide it's time to hit the road again.

CYN

24. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Absoutely perfect ending... i loved it... i still love it...I just want to tell you this will always be one of my favorite stories of all time... k?

Nice job! I can't wait for more or your work!

~*Nikita*~

25. -Ulic_Qel-Droma-

Jun 21, 2002
    thank you so much for such entertainment. its always a sad, yet, some how happy day, when a good story comes to end. i really enjoyed myself here. farewell to you all, i shall see you around.

-Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.