main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underneath a Sky of Dust-COMPLETE !!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for giving me that headache!
    [face_laugh] Oh, you are so very welcome!

What a beautiful ending. It's been very entertaining, all the way, oe. [face_love] And I'm looking forward to your next posting! Great job! :D

2. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    I can't believe it's over! I really loved the ending, it was perfect.

I'm looking forward to your next fic.

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Beautiful ending! :)

It's over! :_|

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story OE . This story and you yourself permanently cured me of lurking. Your talent demanded that I reply and then you encouraged me and now I find a new enjoyment in interacting with all the great authors I follow here on the boards. Thank you for your friendship over this long ride. I will be anxiously awaiting your next story as I am sure it will be well worth the wait. :D

** runs forward to hug OE then force-pushes her back into her shrine **

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you so much. That was a great story. I enjoyed the way that you redeemed the characters in the end. Except the bad guy who very deservedly went 'poof'.

Have a great winter holiday.

5. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Excellent story, thanks for sharing it with us!

You know...there could be a sequel...their further adventures..I'm sure there is still evil in the galaxy.

Can't wait for the next fic!

6. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    "Entertaining you makes me very very happy!"
    Really? Then you should definitely do it more often. I can't wait for your next fic. I thoroughly enjoyed this one and really look forward to any further stories you write. :)
    Upppppy! :D

7. Estel_Kenobi

Estel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Dang... :eek:

It took a while to catch up (just in time for the end no less) but that was amazing!!!!

I've NEVER seen Xanatos portrayed that way! He was likable! LOVABLE even!!

Incredible...simply incredible...

8. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I-it's over? :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

::runs off to kiss Xani goodbye, sobbing uncontrolably::

I'm gonna miss you...

:_| :_| :_|

9. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *applauds*

Wonderfully done, master. A great ending.

Now, about your other fic... :D

10. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Great ending, obi-ew!

:)

The grief in that post was nicely contrasted with the understanding that seemed to flow between Bant and Xanatos at the end...

Very nicely done!

Of course, wonderful use of the lyrics to "In the End" (which, incidentally, is one of my favorites!)

This entire piece was very well done, and I'm sure Shan is very pleased her idea was brought to life so beautifully and vividly...

Oh, and no crying, either! This fic may be over, but you'll keep writing, and besides, you should feel a real sense of accomplishment at finishing such a wonderful peice!

:)

*throws roses at obi-ew's feet, along with a huge box of Obi and Xan shaped chocolates*

Brava, brava!

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    obi_ew!!!

Wonderful ending to a wonderful fic! You truly did a spectacular job, and the epilogue was a great sombre counterpoint to the exhilaration of defeating Palpatine.

Great work - when will we see your next one (yes, I am rather demanding, aren't I)? :D

Shaindl

12. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, I can't believe it's all over :(

It has been such a wonderful and eventful ride obi_ew, I am so sad to see this end. I keep thinking of all the times I snuck home on my lunch break just to catch your next post :D

This entire piece was very well done, and I'm sure Shan is very pleased her idea was brought to life so beautifully and vividly...

I am very pleased astroanna :) She did a wonderful job and deserves to take a bow. I also absolutely loved the ending! Very nice touch with Bant. And Obi and Xan working together as a team - - lovely! I'm also so very glad that you didn't kill off Xan - - you had me worried for a bit there. I should have had faith in you I guess :) I'll not doubt you again, until your next fic that is ;)

It's a little early still, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!! Thanks for the awesome fic obi_ew!!! I'll catch you at your next fic, cuz mine still aint ready for postin ;)

--Shan

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    * emerges from Ewan Shrine red eyed with traces of chocolate on mouth *

VadeyFan Thank you! Glad the ending met with approval.I'll be watching you! ;)

Cyn *bows* Special thanks to you for reading my fics from day one.You've always offered encouragement and advice. Another classy lady! :)

Nikita It was a pleasure meeting you! Glad you enjoyed my work.I think this one has moved ahead of Destinies as my fav! Hope to see ya soon. :D

Joe * waves* Bye Joe! Thanks for bringing your friends along and entertaining me! :)

Cas So many classy ladies,so little time! :D I hope I can do justice to your bunny.I'm writing like crazy! ;)

jedi_nayru Thanks for sticking with this!Hope to catch you at the next fic! :D

Sheila You I will truly miss my friend! Glad we could cure you of that dreaded lurking problem!Hope you continue to read and enjoy my fics! :)

PaddyJuan Thanks for making your presence known every once in awhile. :)

JKH The Adventures of Obi and Xan! Jedi Rangers! There's an idea for someone! :p I will miss your witty sense of humor. :D

Amy21 Another new face I met on this journey! Hope to see you at my new fic. :)

Estel_Kenobi Glad you enjoyed this differnet version of Xan.Next fic he's much closer to the Dark side! [face_devil]

sabercrazy The little one who makes me smile so! Thanks for making me laugh! :D

* Xan pulls saber into a tight hug and carries her off *

Padawan You must keep in touch!I'll be seeing you at your thread! ;)

[face_plain] What fic are you talking about Padawan?

astroanna *salutes a fellow Linkin Park fan* My Xan obsession has become entangled with my LP obsession.New fic allready has a title and guess where it came from? :D

Thanks for delurking every now and then!It meant alot to hear from you.

I feel very proud of this little fic and hope Shan enjoys the ending.

Shaindl Thank you kindly! Busy writing as we speak! May be able to start posting in a week or two.Depends on how much time I get to write.

Well I decided to toss you guys a little teaser! New fic is Xan as a Sith Lord! :eek:

ENJOY!

"Greetings little one.Long time no see."A familiar husky voice whispered in his ear.

Obi-Wan's hand quickly dropped toward his lightsabre but was caught in a bone crushing grip and stilled.

"Ah we'll have none of that.Wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to get hurt now would we?Maybe even your new little puppet."The voice insinuated.

Obi-Wan clenched his teeth tightly at the man's hypnotic voice.Something about this man had always gotten under his skin.

"What are you doing here Xanatos?No planets to plunder,or innocent children to corrupt?"He demanded.

The man's warm breath washed over his face as he chuckled.

That's all you get! :p

14. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, that sounds so great, obi-ew!

I may have planted the seed, but I'm sure you'll do it better than I ever could. :D

Now you have me so excited to read it. I don't know if I can wait a couple of weeks. :) [face_love]

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    With a teaser like that I certainly hope you are writing like mad because I can't wait to start reading the story! :D

Happy Holidays my friend! I hope they are joyous and filled with smiles! :)

** skips off humming happily because OE already has another story in the works **

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shan :) I'm so glad I didn't ruin your brilliant bunny! Your thread was a life saver for me and I hope more people find it!Thanks for being so supportive but hurry with that dang fic of yours! :D

Cas I dunno,I think you could do a bang up job!Course I think you stated that like me you're not a big fan of writing Anakin.Should be interesting! ;)

Sheila Glad I managed to tweak your interest!I am busy writing.Something at the wee hours of Sunday morning sparked the ideas and they have been flowing!Cross your fingers and hope they continue! :D Happy Holidays to all of you and your families! :)

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *joins the applause* Wonderful job. This was a truly enjoyable treat!

Your new teaser is doing a great job of making me drool for more [face_pant]

18. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Must. Have. More. :_|

19. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    You're right! I'm not really interested in writing Anakin. Of course, I've never even tried, but still . . . I don't think I want to - at least not for awhile. :)

I hope those ideas have kept flowing. I'm really looking forward to this. Please don't make us wait long. [face_begging]

POST!!! :D A demanding lot, aren't we? ;)

20. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Three thins. First excellent endding to you story and sorry for only finding after you were nearly done but hey school's a bumber.

Second that teaser was just plain cruel and I hope to start reading your next story before the second to last post.

Third could you PM me that site for your story. I too am of legal age.

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    that was all we got?

How are we supposed to survive on teasers alone?

Xani...Obi..

*snorts, shakes herself out of trance*

I need more now :D

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Padawan_Kitara Thank you! :) Glad the teaser went over well!Gives me hope! :D

Jedi_Suzuran Sorry Padawan! It's your turn to keep me entertained! :)

Cas Very demanding! I'm flattered! :D

padawan3 You found me and that's all that matters! :) Didn't mean to be cruel with the teaser.Just wanted to see the reaction it got. ;)

JKH Xan and Obi have a much different relationship in this new fic.More like a love-hate relationship! :p

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    My, my, quite the little obsession with Xan you have going isn't it? :p

Hope I can add a new dimension to your shrine with my fic... :D

Great teaser - can't wait to see it!

Shaindl

24. sabercrazy

sabercrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    :eek:

::gasp::

You've corrupted my Xani!!!! He's evil!!! :_|

::slips quietly out back door with Xan::

No seedy sith lords here...just shockingly beutiful Jedi knights...go look somewhere else. :D

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl :) The Shrine is pretty full but your Garen may be able to find a spot! And yes my Xan obsession has gotten way out of control! I think I may need counciling! :p

sabercrazy But he makes a wonderfully sexy and beautiful Sith Lord! [face_love] Plus he gets to be very naughty! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.