main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Understanding (a Luke story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shara82, May 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara82

Shara82 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2000
    Another one-parter. This one is set at the end of ESB. It's about what Luke felt after he found out that Vader is his father.

The window takes up an entire wall, ceiling to floor and the stars shine brightly outside. The crew of the ship go about their duties, not seeming to notice me standing here. I flex my new hand experimentally. It feels different...alien.

I keep my eyes on the stars, on their bright shining light. From this distance they look as though they are twinkling, creating a myriad of sparkles in the black sky.

I hear a gasp coming from my right-hand side and I jump, fear shooting through me. I can't be. He can't be here. I sneak a glance. It is only one of the crew, gasping with laughter. The sound is cruel.

I take a few deep breaths, trying desperately to calm down, but who can be calm? I failed. He's alive and he's out there, more vicious than ever.

'Who?' a malicious voice in my head asks me. 'Who's out there, Luke?' I close my eyes, trying to stop the tears that threaten to stream down my cheeks.

It can't be. It?s impossible. But those arguments won't work, will they? They certainly had no effect when I was screaming them at HIM and he is the cause of all my problems.

Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker...my father,

For so many years I daydreamed of what it would be like if he returned to Tatooine...he's be a hero, a man I could be proud of. One I could introduce to my friends, and feel so shame when I said the words 'hey, guys, this is my father'.

That's certainly possible, anymore. After all, he's tried to kill most of my friends. I introduce him to Leia and Han and they would go for their blasters before I could finish the sentence. That is if he hadn't killed them first. He's certainly not a person you would want to admit to be descended from.

Like most orphans I wanted nothing more that I wanted a family. A mother, a father, brothers and sisters, all of who would love me. I care deeply for Owen and Beru, but I always got the feeling they looked after me more out of duty than any real affection for me.

It hurts. Not only has my most cherished dream been torn cruelly away from me, but it has been tainted as well, by the very man who is supposed to help me achieve my dreams.

I reach desperately for the comfort of the stars, looking for something, anything to reassure me. But there is nothing, just like the place where my father?s heart should be. An empty space.

I can't help the sobs that begin to escape me now; I have no control over them. Each one wracks my body harder than the last, and I swear I'm falling, falling...

I can't do this myself! Why can't everyone see that? There are so many people on this ship, why can't anyone see how much pain I'm in? Does anyone care?

I don't remember ever feeling so alone. How can I say that Darth Vader is my father? How can I even think it? If I told anyone, they would think I was the monster he is!

How can he be my father? He tried to kill me! What kind of father would try to kill his own son?

What could possibly have happened? How could the good man t I've been told existed become so consumed by darkness?

He was supposed to be this wonderful role model, a man I could look up to and try to emulate. Yeah, good one Uncle Owen. You really want me to act like that?

Uncle Owen...he must have known. Beru too, and of course Ben would have...Ben. He lied to me. He looked me in the eyes, and when I needed the truth the most, he lied to me. How could they have kept this a secret? I had a right to know what he had become. What made them think they had the authority to screw around with my life like this?

I realize I am becoming hysterical and I start to run carefully through the Jedi calming techniques I have been taught.

There is no emotion, there is peace...

There is no emotion...

And I realize all of a sudden why I have become so upset. Because of him. Because of Vader. Everything I am feeling, he is feeling too. The link that has always been between us, fai

2. Mistress Sudafed

Mistress Sudafed Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2000
    GREAT!!! I absolutely LOVE stories like this!!! Do more, I'll track you down...

3. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    hehe...good job so far...glad to see something new and not JA (even though JA is good) Keep up the good work...OR ELSE! eek.gif

4. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    Hey that's really good. I liked it, esp. since it was first-person. Good job!

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    That's possibly the most beautiful Luke-post revelation piece I've ever read, if not the best Luke piece period. Stunning work, and so sad too. Another good job from a talented author.

6. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    That WAS really awesome!! Luke has to be one of the hardest characters to write for! Snd you did it wonderfully!

7. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Great emotion expression

8. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.