main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underworld 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by sith_rising, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Just saw it tonight, I guess it was pretty good, alot like the first one. It was nice to see that redheaded guy from 13th Warrior and Blade 2 get some more screentime. My girlfriend thinks he's pretty hot, but I was distracted by Kate's partially nude scene. Most of it was OK, action-wise, but the ending had some good, solid action.

Unlocked on request.

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I am looking forward to seeing this one (the movie, not the nude scene) if only because I really liked the original. The way it was paced and the coloring was awesome IMHO. If I don't get to see this one in theaters I'm going to be getting the DVD right away that's for sure. :D

3. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I wasn't a big fan of the first film so I went into this one with some low expectations...and I really enjoyed it.

And not just for the semi-nude scene of Kate. (rowr)

The effects were much improved too. There's something to be said for a guy in a suit versus bad CGI.

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Definately! I like the way they use CG for the werewolves for difficult action shots, but use real suits up close. It was much bloodier than I thought it would be, definately more hardcore than the first.

5. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Yeh, I also love the way iot carries on from the first film. No hanging about.

Question though, I can't be bothered to check the first one again but didn't Craven die at the end? Can't remember.

6. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    No, he runs away when Viktor comes to confront Selene and Michael. Flashbacks from Evolution show that he was hiding off to the side when Selene killed Viktor.

7. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Fly to the top, little thread!

8. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next ones like.

9. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Oh boy. I saw the first one with people from work, and it was awful.
    Rented the 2nd because people told me it was better than the first.

They lied!

Hmmmmm... Tree falls on truck. Truck roof caves in. Truck roof magically pops back out. Truck roof caves in again...
    Continuity errors galore are almost funnier that the lusty pashion scene in which the guy is closer to the girl's navel than to, um, the intended target. And the guy wasn't even blonde. ;) Maybe the director needs an anatomy lesson.

This sequel was a horrid follow up to an unimpressive original.
    Hell, it made the Matrix series look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.