Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Sith_Lord_Linkoping, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Another one? Weren't the first two punishment enough?
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Looks good, at least as good as the first two. Though, did they really have to use that one Manson song so soon after Max Payne's trailers did?
  4. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I like the Underworld series if only for its somewhat interesting mythology. I'll probably go and see this just to round out the entire trilogy.
  5. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Trilogy? I thought I saw a 4th one in production.

Personally, they can keep pumping them out as much as they want, but I'll not be wasting my time or $ on them.
  6. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've deliberately been avoiding the two first film so I think I'll pass on this one too.
  7. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In the second movie, continuity errors galore are almost funnier that the lusty pashion scene in which the guy is closer to the girl's navel than to, um... Maybe the director needs an anatomy lesson?

I can only imagine that the target audience is a bunch of teenyboppers or early 20s goth wannabees who are still impressed with nipple shots and have delusions of being "bad" when they're just naughty at worst.
    Movie plays like a bad video game. Trying to combine TombRaider with Vampires.
  8. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I just thought they were dumb escapist takes on the traditional Vampire/Werewolf phenomenon. I found the movies enjoyable. I don't think I'd ever buy them but they weren't awful entertainment.
  9. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    The first movie was much better than I thought it was going to be, and would have been better if it hadn't tried to emulate the Matrix's style so much. That's part of what gives me hope for this one: the coolest part of the second movie was the medieval part, and it looks like this whole film lives there, safe from bullets and leather coats.
  10. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm just glad Michael Sheen and Kevin Grevioux will be back. There weren't enough, you know "rational" werewolves in the second one. They were all mindless, unchanging dogs. So it'll be nice to get to that.
  11. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Underworld - Kate Beckinsale = No Reason To Watch
  12. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    The first one was so bad it was good.

This one looks even worse :D
  13. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    QFFT

14. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

The first one wasn't too bad, and it had a fantastic poster. I don't regret paying the $8.00 or whatever the cost of a ticket was at the time. I didn't see the second one - the first wasn't good enough to make me want to see the second. The third? Eh. Definitely a pass.
  15. The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Knight

star 3
    I recall the second one being better in some respects- no strange delayed-reaction-head-bisection moment, IIRC. And Viktor (or whomever it was who woke up) was a worthy villian.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.