main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underworld with Candace

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Okay, as you probably know, our lovely secretary is gonna be back in town on October 4th. And she wants to hang with us. So, since some of us, including her, want to see the movie Underworld, we figured why not make it a group thing? So, Cinemark in Valley View sometime Saturday, October 4th, probably night, Underworld with Candace. Sign up here.

Me

2. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I think that I'm kind of a given, but I'll sign up here too.

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    You didn't cut and paste the list. You gotta do it right. ;)

4. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Hey, this is for me. I can do whatever I want ;).

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Wow, college sure has made you pushy. :p

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    You didn't cut and paste the list.
    Well that would be the EASY way to do things...and that would just cramp our style! I don't know what those Cincinnati guys are teaching you...but you know the drill ;)

October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash

7. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Apparently no one likes me.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I don't like pushy people. hehe. I might be going to see it this weekend with some of my friends; depending on how much I like it, I'll go see it again. But if I don't end up going with my friends then I'll definitely sign up.

9. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I've paid close attention to the commercials, and it doesn't look good to me. But that's me. So I don't think I'm going to see it.

Nothing against you Candi, I still like you. :)

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Not sure yet about going. It's right around my birthday and my family has first dibs on my time. I'll have to get back to you on it. I'm also not sure about the movie. My first thought on seeing the trailers was Matrix meets Anita Blake with some Blade thrown in.

Apparently no one likes me.
    Ah, resorting to emotional blackmail now are we? You have to put a sniff or two in there to make it more effective but be careful not to whine, whining will ruin it. ;)

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Malo-ha, when is your birthday? You may want to add it to our list of JKOC birthdays

Even if you're not 100% sure about going to see Underworld...just think of it as going to see a so-so movie with friends is better then seeing it with no other reason!

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Slightly off topic, Underworld 2 has already been greenlit. The reaction to screenings in Toronto was allegedly so good the studio thinks the movie will be enough of a hit to warrent a sequel.

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    It looks like I'm going to a concert tomorrow instead of Underworld with some college friends. That means I'll prolly go see it with you guys then.

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It will be more fun going with Candii and the rest of us! And I think Kate Beckinsale will forgive you for not going opening weekend!

Finally, THE CANDII has come back...to Cleveland!

EDIT: Is it safe to post news of this on Fanforce.net? I mean posting an event well in advance isn't always our style...but I'm up for trying new things ;)

15. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Even if you're not 100% sure about going to see Underworld...just think of it as going to see a so-so movie with friends is better then seeing it with no other reason!

Exactly Krash! Even if the movie is bad at least you had a fun night with friends. And if its really bad you have someone to trash the movie with. Are we doing dinner too?

October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Are we doing dinner too?
    That's up to Don...this is his JEDI COUNCIL assignment. I will say that our guest of honor (Candii) has requested we keep the evening simple (poor college student). But if everyone would like to meet someplace before the movie...I'll cover ya Candii!

I'm sending this to "the old folks home"...and I'll direct any questions to Don!

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, since I was in a mosh pit with some of my friends instead of seeing Underworld with another group of friends, I'm interested in going. And uh, we said Cinemark... but we didn't specify which one... we threw around both Valley View and Macedonia as possible locations. I strongly recommend FRANKIE'S WOK, then Cinemark, both in Macedonia!

October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)
    Random

18. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Dinner is doable. We've even got two weeks to fight over where to go.

And, sorry Eric, it's gonna be Valley View. You're the only one coming (so far) that knows where the Macedonia Cinemark is.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Don is quarterbacking this event...so he gets to call the plays.

I know you'd mentioned Macedonia as a possible location for this, but it will be easier to do this at Valleyview. I know you can understand the needs of a "poor college student" to keep things as simple as possible.

20. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001

Fine, you talked me into it I guess...

October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)
    Random
    JJJ (tentatively)

I say tentative because I have a craft show that day, and I don't know if we will be done in time (packing up that is), and I don't know what time it starts, and won't know until the date gets closer.

You're the only one coming (so far) that knows where the Macedonia Cinemark is.

I know where it is. It's easier to get to than VV. :p (and probably quicker for me too.)

Question: Are we ever going to see a movie at a Regal Cinema? (I want to use my Regal card! :_| (Well, it's not exactly mine, it's mom's ;)))

21. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    So, do we know what time we're doing this at yet?

22. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Night time.

23. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Thanks. You are so helpful.

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It's a little early to pick a showtime, but this should help as we get closer.

I work until 6:15pm...so I can be there sometime around 7:30 (I'll need to change). The 9:40 show will give us a chance to sit down and eat. Everyone remember what happened at Quaker Steak? ;) (expect delays)

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Being that we will be over there, I say we make a little bit of a drive over to CHIPOTLE! It is right by the Winking Lizard in Independence once you go up the hill from the theater.

*drools over Chipotlé*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.