Underworld with Candace

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I've never heard of CHIPOTLE...what kinda food do they have? After spending close to $40 on shipping out Amy Allen and Troy Denning's t-shirts and awards...I'm MORE then interested in keeping this evening's cost down.

I guess it all depends on Candii's preference? I was thinking some good old fashioned McDonalds at that 2 floor place on Rockside Rd?
  2. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I might be able to come to this. Can anyone give me directions from the west Akron area to the theater?
  3. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Skydancer, can you give us something more specific? The theater is basically right off of I-77.

As for places to eat, I made a list of resturants in the area. We have:

Champs Americana
    Hoggy's Barn and Grille
    Quaker Steak and Lube (a wings place)
    Chipolte Mexicana
    Denny's
    Bob Evans
    Burger King
    McDonald's
    Wendy's
    Bob's Big Boy
    Chi-Chi's

Champs, Hoggy's and Quaker Steak are all right next to the theater. The others are either on Canal Rd. or Rockside Rd. None of them are hard to find.
  4. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Take I-77 to Rockside Rd. (Exit 155) Turn right (east) at the end of the exit ramp. Travel about 2 miles to Canal road. Turn left (north). Not even a mile down the road is the Cinemark on the right (Quaker Steak and Lube is infront of it.)

The 2-story McDonalds that Geoff is talking about is (I think) just after 21 on Rockside Rd. It could be before, but I don't remember; Geoff, you go by there all the time, is it before or after 21?

And Don, the theatre isn't just off of I-77, you have to travel about 6-7 minutes, the one in Macedonia is just off of the freeway! :p (you have to travel like 2 minutes off the freeway (if you don't get stuck at the light coming off I-271 north... :mad:) and you are there.)
  5. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    OK, I do know how to get to 77. ;) But a friend was suggesting 21 which would be more out of my way. :confused: I guess I need directions after exiting 77 if I'm coming from the south. Thanks, Cindy, just read your post! We must have been posting at the same time.
  6. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Rt. 21 and I-77 are basically the same road for awhile, but Rt. 21 does exit before you have to get off at Rockside Rd. If you follow Rt. 21, it would take you longer.

Those directions I gave you were coming from Akron, sorry. That is the way that I go. (Well, I would take a slightly different way, since I live kinda far from I-77)

Where do you live in Akron?
  7. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    skyedancer, this would be a good chance to get to meet some of us...and I can give you your JKOC t-shirts!

I believe Don said: basically right off of I-77...and it doesn't take long to get to Valleyview from I-77 (except during rush hour). And one in Macedonia is just off of the freeway also depends on where you are coming from. :D

you go by there all the time, is it before or after 21?

Well, that depends on which direction you're coming from now doesn't it! ;) The McDonalds is just before you go down the hill into the valley (when coming from I-77)
  8. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    The McDonalds is just before you go down the hill into the valley (when coming from I-77)

I knew that. I was asking if it was before or after Rt. 21 when coming from I-77.

And anyways, Macedonia's Cinemark is right off the freeway no matter what way you are coming from. There are 2 exits in that area when you are going south, but only one when you are going North. (And the one that would be logical to get off at when going south, all you have to do is go straight, and you are there basically.)

And as for Chipole, although I've never eaten there, I have heard of it.
  9. JediCandii Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really don't want to go to McDonald's or to Burger King, or to Quaker Steak. I can go to McDonald's and Burger King any time, and I just went to BW-3's last weekend with Cincy, which is basically the same thing as Quaker Steak. I don't think that Chipotle is really that expensive, but I've never been there.
  10. JediCandii Jedi Padawan

star 4
    October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)
    Random
    JJJ (tentatively)
    DARKJEDIRACH (tentatively)
    Debbie (tentatively)
    Katie (tentatively)
    Padmeg (tentatively)
  11. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thanks again, everyone, for directions. Cindy, I live right off of West Market St. in west Akron.
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Chipotle serves what they call "gourmet burritos." They make Taco Bell look terrible. For $5 (and some change depending on what you get) you can get a brick sized burrito or burrito bowl. Everything is made fresh, just how you want it, right in frotn of you. It is extremely good food. I have friends who eat there 3 times a week. I try to make a trip there once a week if I can. Apparently they are owned by McDonald's and these owners are scared because they want McDonald's to stay the parent company due to name-recognition, but Chipotle is quickly outselling them, so they are limiting the number of new stores that will be constructed. CHIPOTLE RULES!

Enjoy
  13. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    This place have anything other than tacos and stuff like that?
  14. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Skye, not too far from The University, huh?

Eric, $5 for a burrito?! Too rich for my blood!
  15. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Near Highland Square, Cindy.
  16. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Ah, I think I might know where that is.

But still, it is closer to the University than I am. :p ;)

I'm considering more on going now, but I still have to talk to mom. I don't think that I told her yet, and if I did, she probably forgot (as usual :p).
  17. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)
    Random
    JJJ (tentatively)
    DARKJEDIRACH (tentatively)
    Debbie (tentatively)
    Katie (tentatively)
    Padmeg (tentatively)

Cool, it'll be nice to finally meet skyedancer, DARKJEDIRACH, and Padmeg (and prove they exist) I take it Katie and Debbie are friends of Candii's also? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

18. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Deb is Candace's imaginary friend at school. Katie is like Eric's "brother." Someone she paid $5 to hang with for the day. [face_devil]
  19. JediCandii Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't know if Megan can go, though. I know that Underworld is rated 'R', and I can't remember if she's 17 yet or not.
  20. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I am real! Candace met me at Xavier at the breakfast for parents and students.
  21. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    You forgot that I'm cheap, Don... I paid him $2. 8-}
  22. JediCandii Jedi Padawan

star 4
    October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (tentatively)
    Random
    JJJ (tentatively)
    Debbie (tentatively)
    Katie (tentatively)
    Padmeg (tentatively)

Rachael won't be able to come. She has to work and then she has to go to her cousin's engagement party. She's very sorry, though, and really wishes that she could come. And yes, I have met skyedancer. She is real. And I didn't even pay her $5 to pretend to know me 8-}.
  23. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Candace, have Debby tell her brother Kevin about this too... he's a big Star Wars fan as well. We had many a SW conversation during high school.
  24. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm a big fan of Keep It Simple Skywalker...Big Boy works for me, and they can accomodate a large group of people better then most.

Does this work for everyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.