main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Underworld with Candace

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    BMack is out (ankle, well... really working, but ankle sounds better...)

-b-

2. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (dinner but movie-?)
    Random
    JJJ
    Debbie (tentatively)
    Padmeg (maybe dinner, but no movie)
    Padawan92(hopefully)
    skyedancer (dinner maybe movie)

3. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I would just as soon eat first as go to the movie. Given the choice I'd rather spend 2 hours talking with all of you than sitting in a theater. But whatever everyone wants to do is fine. Timing wise it looks like I'll only be able to do one or the other. :(

I'm only just getting over a nasty cold (I have my voice back!) so I can't push it by staying up too late then trying to fit in the day I have planned on Sunday. Ouch, typing that makes me feel so old. When did sleep become so important? [face_shocked]

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    October 4th Cinemark
    Don
    JediCandii
    Krash
    Malo-ha (dinner but movie-?)
    Random
    JJJ
    Debbie (tentatively)
    Padmeg (maybe dinner, but no movie)
    Padawan92
    skyedancer (dinner maybe movie)

Malo-Ha, I hope you're starting to feel better. And there will be plenty of time before and after the movie to sit around and chat things up (just think about PotC and Matrix Reloaded...we jabber on for hours)

5. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Unless I'm feeling worse tomorrow, I am planning on coming thanks in large part to the encouragement of Cindy. Meet at the theater at what time?

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If we're going to a 7:25 show...I would suggest getting there at around 7:10-ish. I'm coming straight from Great Northern (work)...so I'll be pulling in ASAP.

I'll bring all JKOC shirts (for those who still haven't gotten them) for everyone who is supposed to be there:
    Don
    skyedancer
    Padmeg (I'll bring DARKJEDIRACH's as well)

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I hope everyone had a good time! Underworld was fun (nothing Oscar worthy) and Kate looked all kinds of bad ### hot with the whole "guns and black leather outfit" thing!

skyedancer, it was nice to finally meet you in person! Looking forward to more opportunities to have you join us.

I hope you had a good tiem Candii! Nice to have our secretary back with her home Fanforce chapter!

While there was a little talk about some upcoming JKOC stuff...we just had some good times between "the breakfast club" and "the lunch crowd" Our table was divided among the have breakfast or dinner at 10PM? ;)

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    That was such an awesome movie. :) I didn't think that I would like it, since it's not exactly my type of movie (vampires and stuff), but I loved it. :)

Yes, it was weird how one table ordered all breakfast, and the other, all lunch.

Candii, good seeing you again. (Hey, are you going to come up for the I-X Center craft show? :p)

skye, good thing I went to see you on Friday, or else you would have not known who to look for. ;) Glad you finally got to meet the gang! :)

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Yeah, that was a lot of fun. It was great to finally meet Skye, and nice seeing Mary again (even if she didn't recognize me :p). And, of course, it's always fun seeing the guest of honor, Candace. But it wasn't all fun and games, sadly, it was announced the Big Boy we went to is closing. Apparently they're going to have to close because they can't afford to replace all the ketchup Emily ate. ;)

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Great time. I'd describe Underworld as an amalgamation of my favorite movies from the last 30 years. I really liked the plot and the action sequences were really cool.

But this movie also left me with a huge dilemma... who looks better gun-toting in form fitting leather... Kate Beckinsale or Carrie-Anne Moss??? :confused:

It was also nice to see Candace again, as well as meet Skye. That is... if that really was Skyedancer... how much did you pay that lady to show up for you? 8-}

EDIT: just found this... you guys are something else
    HEHE

11. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    It was a good movie, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I think that I over-analyzed it a bit too much. Every thing that I saw that didn't hold up with what I know about vampires I noticed. It was good to see everyone again too. Even Don 8-}. And it was good to meet Mary. And I swear to you that Megan and Rachael exist! People other than me have met them too. Like Eric, Will, and Bret. They'll back me up (I hope).

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    This (same thing as Eric's link) has been posted since September 22nd...I even told ya'll I was going to post that on the Fanforce News!

who looks better gun-toting in form fitting leather... Kate Beckinsale or Carrie-Anne Moss???
    Carrie-Anne Moss may as well have been Randy Moss...no contest!

Kate Beckinsale was just plain hot as Selene! [face_love] (exposed neck hoping for cute vampire girl to bite him)

Not only was the action sequences really well done, but the production design and soundtrack made for a very exciting movie. Looking forward to any sequel (which they really hinted at)

13. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    She's not online ten minutes and already she's being mean to me. :_|

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I think that I over-analyzed it a bit too much. Every thing that I saw that didn't hold up with what I know about vampires I noticed.

Yeah, you probably did overanalyze it. Unlearn what you have learned. As the characters of the film noted, (in particularly with the story about Lucian being dead) a great deal of the vampire mythology is just that - mythology passed down from generation to generation. But I can see how you could overanalyze that; LOTR fans and comic book fans also tend to pick up any changes in (comic)book to film adaptations.

Yes I can verify that Megan and Rachael exist... either that or Candii paid 2 girls to pose as them.

Krash, if you compare Carrie-Anne Moss to Randy Moss, then you might need your prescription on your glasses updated.

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I LOVED that movie...it was good to see everyone again, and meet skyedancer :D ! The movie was great...if only I were a vampire and be able to bit a werewolf [face_love] .

16. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    And what was up with all of those horror movie trailers? Did they know that I was coming or something ;)?

17. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, there is this little day that is coming up in a few weeks called Halloween... but why would anyone want to go see a horror movie around then? ;)

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No, I was just pointing out that Carrie-Anne Moss comes in second (no question) to Kate Beckinsale [face_love]

able to bit a werewolf
    But he's not a Russian/Czech hockey player...this is new territory for you ;)

The trailers weren't much of a surprise (I was expecting a RotK trailer)...it was cool to see a trailer for "Alien" Special Edition. I hope they re-release "Aliens" as well!!!

19. JediCandii

Jul 23, 2002
    Very funny Eric. You obviously don't know how much I hate horror movies, do you? And what I meant was, did every single trailer have to be for a scary movie? Is it against the rules for them to show a nice trailer before and 'R' rated movie or something? And you're not suprised about the fact that I'm being mean to you, right Don? Because I do that all of the time.

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Man, you guys weren't lying when you all said you hated me...

21. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Saturday was certainly my "day for a warm welcome." I enjoyed (finally) meeting everyone and getting my t-shirts. :D I was sorry I had to leave early because I feel like I barely got to know you all but I'm hoping to see you again soon.
    That is... if that really was Skyedancer... how much did you pay that lady to show up for you?
    Eric, you cut that lady to the quick by doubting her existence. Be very careful: I might be a Sith lord on the hunt for unsuspecting Jedi hanging around theaters that I can turn to the dark side. ;)
    I was surprised that I liked the movie because I'm like Candace. I usually don't like anything that seems related to horror but I did watch the soap opera "Dark Shadows" which had vampires when I was a teenager! (Now that really dates me!) I will certainly recommend the movie to my sister who loves horror and vampires! I thought the movie was very stylish and atmospheric and the special effects were good.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Is it against the rules for them to show a nice trailer before and 'R' rated movie
    I think it has to do with the time of year, this is the halloween season...and movie studios always release their horror/suspense movie around this time. Funny thing is...aside from "Alien" I don't even recall what those movies were or were about?

23. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    One was Resident Evil 2. Another was Disney's The Haunted Mansion (featuring a ghostly Mullet). I'm not sure about the rest.

24. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I had a great time although I was fading a bit at the end. I just ran out of energy. Underworld was better than I expected. Heavy on style and as long as I ignored what vampire lore I know I was fine. I do wish they had showed a ROTK trailer before the movie.

I didn't recognize Don when he said hi to me. So my first instinct was to ignore him then reason kicked in, after all who else would be saying hi to me but another JKOCer? I'm a little old for most guys to hit on especially when there were a lot of cute young things there. [face_laugh]

I think someone could get a psych paper out of how perfectly we broke up into a breakfast table and a dinner table. And if they added Emily's ketchup obsession it could turn into a thesis. But if it was Emily's obsession why was Geoff the one sneaking bottles off other tables?

It was a Kotobukiya Obi-Wan that I had bought. Lets see you spell that after a long day with your cold medicine wearing off.

25. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    It was a Kotobukiya Obi-Wan that I had bought. Lets see you spell that after a long day with your cold medicine wearing off.

lol :) It still sounds cool no matter how you spell it. ;)

The Haunted Mansion doesn't look that scary. It's probably goung to be as scary as PotC... Disney doesn't make "R" movies. (Maybe PG-13, like Pirates.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.