Unexpected Allies (NJO AU) FINALLY Completed 8-28-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade243, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is my first fic. Feedback, suggestions, and even flames are welcome. It is massively AU and begged to be written. If it offends anyone, I appologize.
    Standard disclaimers, you know the drill

A large building stood in the middle of large, grassy hills near the tree line on the plains of Naboo. The building was made of a beautiful red stone swirled with gray. Its green, domed roof protected a large training gym inside. The gym inside had been organized in a way that offered a large obstacle course containing tall walls, pillars, and rooms arranged like small buildings. A network of crossing catwalks at different heights obscured the ceiling of the gym. The floor had been made to resemble any kind of obstacle in any city ranging from sewers to junkyards, ruins, streets and buildings. An addition had been made recently for explosives training that had think walls capable of withstanding massive explosions.

The main door to the building opened spilling light into the vast room accompanied by an elongated silhouette of a small lithe form. Cerelia walked silently into the room to the droids lining the wall to the left of the doorway. She activated the droids and sent them into the room to pick a position while she walked into her equipment room set just past the space where the droids had stood. She gazed at the hundreds of rifles, blasters, knives, swords, bos and explosives lining the walls in precise organization.

Cerelia picked up a double holster containing two blasters she had designed with her brother Trip to trigger the sensors on the droids and secured it to her waist. The point was practice and it was expensive to constantly build new droids just to blow them up. She walked out of the room to the warm-up section of the course. It was full of bars at varying lengths across a squared-off area of fifteen meters. She jumped onto the lowest bar two and a half meters off the ground and swung herself up and back a few times. Using her momentum, she swung herself on over the top of the bar and as she came back up, vaulted herself to another bar. She continued her warm-up for thirty minutes and dismounted with a small twist to bring her feet toward the ground and facing away from the bars.

Cerelia walked over to the obstacles looked around. What kind of mood am I in today? she thought to herself. Deciding on the streets and buildings section, she tapped a small panel on the floor, which brought up a control panel. Cerelia pushed the button activating the droids for that section. Next to the control panel she had just activated was a pressure sensor tile that would send a signal when she started her run through the course. She walked over and stood on it, took a few deep breaths to center herself and then took off.

Ducking under a stairway, she looked around and listened for the slightest noise. Hearing nothing, she crept forward to the corner of the closest building and eased her head around. Her sharp ice blue eyes scanned for opposition. Seeing none, she eased around only to dive into a shoulder roll as a bolt of red energy struck the wall beside her. She came up onto her feet from the roll and placed one well-aimed shot into the kill zone of the droid, then ran and ducked behind a nearby speeder. She looked around again and darted to the corner of the next building. Again she eased around the corner. Looking up, she saw a droid on the roof to her left and deactivated it in one shot. She continued on the same way for the next hour until she came to the last street in the course. She peeked around the corner and saw three droids looking towards her. They fired their lasers causing her to jerk back to safety. She took out her other blaster and, holding both straight up, leapt out into the street. The droids fired continuously on her causing her to dive to the ground. She rolled again, coming up on her feet. She fired three rapid shots hitting each of the droids in the kill zone, and then walked back to the equipment room.

Cerelia removed the holste
  2. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    Grandmother Padme, huh. First fic or not, you sure know how to get someone reading and wanting more. Keep it up!
  3. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you so much for responding :D I actually have around 17 pages ready to go right now, but they will go up according to demand. Thanks for the compliment :)

4. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm.. maybe if I up this, it'll attract more attention...
  5. Gr-Adm-Thrawn Force Ghost

star 4
    Jade 243 Sooo sorry for acknowledging this so late !

So we have Padmes' grandaugher who loves practicing with droids as much as Vader ! ! ! I like the names they have Cerelia and Trip ! :D

Very interesting ! I want to know more.

Impatiently awaiting the rest of this AU !

the Admiral
  6. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hmmm, she has the same passion as her father does. dueling with droids, interesting beginning, keep going Jade.
  7. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. I'm just so happy I have readers! For your enjoyment (hopefully) here's the next part....

Colonel Jagged Fel was bored. Wedge had sent him on a scouting mission with Colonel Wes Janson to look for suitable planets to build a new shipyard. They had already been to several planets, and nothing looked suitable. There were a few asteroids that would work, but they would have to have some facilities of some kind set up. Then Janson had said something about Hoth if they couldn?t find anything else. Jag didn?t think his uncle would like that idea very well, but then again, maybe the frigid temperatures would deter the invaders. No. It probably wouldn?t. They would just use their biotechnology to create something that was tolerant of the cold if they haven?t already he thought. One part of the trip had been good though ? he?d learned of some of the pranks his uncle had been on the receiving end of. A light started blinking indicating reversion to real space drawing him away from his thoughts and on to the task at hand. He pulled the lever and watched as the star lines shortened to pinpoints of light.

Jag looked around and saw a beautiful planet of green and blue with swirls of white clouds. A small moon covered with craters continued on a lazy orbit around the planet, but what really caught his attention was the massive fleet of ships in orbit. I thought this system was supposed to be uninhabited he thought in astonishment.

?Unidentified ships, this is Naboo Space Control. Identify yourselves,? a voice demanded, cutting into his thoughts. Jag looked over at Janson?s fighter, his hand heading for the comm. switch.

?This is Colonel Wes Janson and Colonel Jagged Fel representing the New Republic. We, uh, we didn?t know this system had any people in it. Is there someone we can talk to??

?Stay in your current position and we will contact you with further instructions,? came the reply.

Padmè Skywalker walked over to her comm. unit and hit the blinking button. The screen came up to reveal the round face of Admiral Berit Lachi. ?Yes, Admiral??

?Your majesty. Two starfighters have just dropped out of hyperspace. They claim to be members of the New Republic, and have asked to speak to someone. Governor Dekker suggested you. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has placed on you, and if you would like for me to direct this to someone else, I would be happy to..?

?That will not be necessary, Admiral,? she paused, thinking. ?Have them sent down to the royal hangar.? Padmè closed down the comm. and walked out to the hall where she spotted an aid. ?Have the two main guest rooms prepared for the pilots, have dinner delayed, but kept warm, and be prepared to add two place settings at the table. I also want you to notify me when my Trip returns with Cerelia.?

?Yes, your highness.? The aid scurried off to complete the tasks. Padmè still couldn?t believe she had been re-elected as queen after fifty years. Familiar laughter echoed off the palace walls. Well, I guess Trip and Cerelia made it back all right. Padmè walked into the entry way just in time to see Cerelia close the door to her room. She looked at Trip. ?We?re having guests for dinner. Two New Republic pilots if they?ll join us. I?m on my way to meet them in the hangar now. Care to join me??

?Sure. It should give Cere time to get a shower and all that.?

?All right.? She summoned the aid back down and gave her instructions to tell the rest of the family that the evening meal would be delayed and that they would be having guests, they should dress accordingly. She turned to Trip, and together, they went to the hangar.

Wes Janson followed the landing beacon leading to their designated landing bay. He hadn?t expected to be directed to the planet?s surface. As he and Colonel Fel approached the bay, he noticed that it was attached to a large, beautiful palace situated on a high cliff with close to a dozen waterfalls spilling over the edge. The p
  8. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Surely this isn't that pathetic.... or maybe I'm just impatient..
  10. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, just because I'm bored, I'm putting up another post....

Jag looked around his room. The room was large, more of a suite really, with a living room separate from the bedroom and refresher. The walls were white with a light, natural wood trim. Two doors opened to a balcony and were covered with a soft, gauzy white fabric. The floors were the same wood as the trim and held elegant furniture matching the rest of the room. He walked around the room taking in the elegance, finally heading toward the bedroom. He entered to find a large bed with a an expensive-looking cover and matching drapes of soft blue and a deep, plush white carpet. He looked in the closet to find several sets of fine tunics and pants. He looked closely and found that there were several different sizes. Well, they certainly thought of everything, he thought. He grabbed a pair of black pants and tunic in his size and headed for the ?fresher. He found that it matched the rest of the room in elegance with its deep marble tubs and sinks. The floor was a white marble with swirls of brown and gray, a bit lighter than that of the tub. A wall of frosted glass bricks surrounded the shower. I could get used to this very easily.

Jag and Wes followed the aid to the dining room. The more Jag saw of the palace, the more he was impressed. It was certainly beautiful. They entered the dining room to find Amidala standing among what he assumed were her family and close friends. Another older woman with hair that was once a light brown, but was now mostly gray, and blue-green eyes that seemed to take in everything, was talking quietly with Amidala. A younger couple stood off to the side oblivious to everything else in the room. The man was tall with brown hair close to the color of Amidala?s and blue eyes. He looked to be about the same age as Master Luke Skywalker and his sister, Leia Organa Solo. As he thought of it more, he realized he resembled them both very much, but was tall like Luke?s father, Anakin, who he resembled a lot except for the brown hair. They must all be related! he thought in astonishment.

He continued looking around. The woman was tall as well, for a woman, with auburn hair and dark blue eyes. Her face resembled that of the woman speaking with Amidala and Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. A Shistaven with black fur and yellow eyes stood talking to an older Mon Calamari near a large picture window. Both were dressed in what could be considered formal Jedi robes. At the other end of the window stood three young men. One, he recognized as Trip. The other two, twins, were taller than Trip, who looked to be older than them. They were practically identical with blonde hair and deep brown eyes. They were dressed in clothing similar to that of the Jedi, but were of much finer material one in creams, and the other in grays, while Trip was wearing clothing similar to his own. All of Jag?s observations took less than five seconds.

Amidala looked over and saw that they were there. Jag and Wes waited patiently as she introduced them to her family, each bowing or dipping their head at their names. ?And this is my family. The older woman here is Lumina Kenobi, Jedi Knight, and trusted friend, my son Kiernan Skywalker, his wife - Lumina?s daughter - Cerasi, their three sons Trip, who you know, Tarik, in the cream robes, and Benel is in gray. This is Jedi Master Nikta Shevis, and Master Jedi Healer Bant Eerin,? she concluded with the Shistaven and Calamarian respectively. The dining room was also elegant, as he had seen all through the palace. This room was the soft red color stone of the outside and had dark wood furniture. He looked at the table to see a white tablecloth and twelve place settings. He knew there were only eleven in the room, so one must not have arrived yet.

Through the door came a young woman, not much younger than himself. She was dressed in a dark blue dress of simple design. The fabric seemed to float through the air by her ankles and the sleeves went to her wrists where t
  11. JediStarMoonstruck Force Ghost

star 5
    It wasn't pathetic. Haven't posted because I only get on late at night. This is getting very good. Really liked it when Jag noticed he was in a room mostly full of Skywalkers! :) Have one question: When was Kiernan born?
    Keep it up, Jade!!!
  12. Jacy2412 Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is good. Keep it up!!!!!!!!

Hope there's more soon
  13. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    It'll be in the next post, which is ready to go.. well so are the next 11 or 12? posts for that matter. Thanks so much for the feedback! :D
  14. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just thought I would give you a little link to a Fox Trot comic having to do with Star Wars. :D

http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/viewft.cfm?uc_full_date=20020513&uc_comic=ft&uc_daction=X
  15. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Gr-Adm-Thrawn Force Ghost

star 4
    Comments ... critics .. thoughts ...

that's a whole lot of asking .. then again I aske you the same thing a few weeks ago !

SO ! :D

i'll give you the answer you gave me .. I'm not good at commenting ! 8-}

-

-

-

Not convincing :confused:

Ahh OK OK

Soo I like the introductions to the "Skywalker clan" and was glad to know Lumina hitched with ben ! :D

Really liked the way Jagged analysed everything in less than 10 seconds !

Keep it up Jade243 !

the Admiral
  17. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I love your fic so far Jade. Keep up the awesome work. I can't wait to see what happens next. :)
  18. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! I'm glad you all like it. Welcome to new readers :) Comments, well, just so long as I know you like it and want more is good enough.. Since I'm nice, and am so far ahead, I guess I'll let you have another part. 8-}

Cerelia had come to the dining room expecting politicians of some kind. They were like parasites and annoyed her to no end. When she walked in, she had been daydreaming of humiliating them in some way - until she actually saw them. They were wearing clothes that her grandmother kept in the guestrooms for people who didn?t have appropriate clothing for her dinner invitations ? definitely not politicians. When she had walked in, she had immediately noticed the younger one and slid her mask into place. She had reached out into the Force, and found that the young man had a bright presence in the Force.

Cerelia watched as they began moving toward the table Military. I?d bet on it that they?re military of some kind. Cocky stride - pilots. They have to be. she thought. Her grandmother introduced them to her as colonels and she smiled inwardly at herself in smug satisfaction. She?d been right. ?Jagged Fel?. That?s who the interesting one was. She filed the information away in her head.

The dinner had been served, though her grandmother had apologized for it not being something typical of a formal dinner. They didn?t care. It was real food, not rations or some greasy stuff they would find in some spaceport. A light conversation was had during the meal as the colonels answered questions about the New Republic. Cerelia was taking a bite of her roasted nerf when Jag spoke up. ?Earlier during introductions, you said your last name was ?Skywalker?. Are you any relation to Anakin or Luke Skywalker, or Leia Organa Solo?? Eating utensils paused in mid-air around the table. Padmè?s eyes were round as saucers as she breathed ?Ani?? Conversation immediately sprang up on the subject.

?Anakin is alive? And Luke and Leia?? Padmè asked, her voice thick with hope and shock.

?Yes they are. Luke has been a close friend of mine for close to thirty years, and both he and Leia have been strong leaders since the Alliance days. Leia was even Chief of State of the New Republic for a few years. Anakin is helping Luke with his Jedi academy as is Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Wes informed them. At this last part, Lumina, Cerasi and Bant?s heads shot up. ?How exactly are you all related??

?Anakin is my husband, and Luke and Leia are our children. With Kiernan, they formed triplets, but since Palpatine had made it impossible for any ships to leave this system until recently, we have heard nothing, and we had otherwise been afraid to venture out beyond the system. Obi-Wan is Lumina?s husband, and Cerasi?s father.?

The conversation continued about what had been happening. Cerelia took it in, but it was no surprise. She had been out of the system many times with Nikta for training. She had infiltrated New Republic and Imperial military bases all over copying schematics for ship design as well as droids and weapons of both New Republic and Imperial origin. The only people who knew about these little missions were Nikta and herself, and Trip, who had helped her in redesigning existing ships. They had even designed and built a spacedock together. It was the size and shape of a small moon and they had designed a kind of shielding device that made it look like a moon both to the eye, and sensors. She also had formed her own fighter squadron that not even Trip or Nikta knew about, and the station was well hidden. She didn?t want Governor Dekker to hear of it. He was a Sith of a politician who cared only about himself. She was fully aware of what was going on in the New Republic and she knew Dekker to be far worse than Borsk Fey?lya.

Jag watched the expressions of those around him during the conversation. Most had stopped eating for the most part when it was learned about Anakin and Luke and Leia, but Cerelia had kept eating. It was as if she knew all along and therefore
  19. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Mira_Terrik Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Jade! I just stumbled across your story and I must say, you've captured my attention. Then again, you've got two of my favourite guys in here, Wes and Jag. *swoon* Looking forward to some more! :)

22. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Mira, glad you like it. I can have the next section up as soon as I want, but I'll wait and see how many people want the next post..
  23. Mira_Terrik Jedi Master

star 4
    I know what you mean. I was so nervous when I posted "Interlude". And, thanks to your initial interest, I've kept on going. You've got a reader here, just so you know. :)
  24. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, my arms were numb, I was so nervous.. I hate that feeling.. I think I'll post the next one when I hit page 2 though..
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.