main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unexpected Allies (NJO AU) FINALLY Completed 8-28-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade243, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    That's ok, JSM

2. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Up, though I highly doubt it matters... [face_plain]

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow that was intense and awesome

4. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thank you, Falcon! :D

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm too druk to read but I will once I'm sober int hwe morning. :)

Jae Angel

6. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm done being drunk and my hangover is finally starting to go away, so I stopped by again. :)

Very interesting that you'd develop a language like that. I mean, actually work to develop it. For my stuff I just have a few words that I make up and then if I have to reference them later I'll remember what each one is. Oh, and they sound like Japanese! :p Your language sounds like you were trying for something totally different. :)

And can you put me in touch with Cerelia's dress designer? Man, I would love a dress that changed color as you wore it. Maybe there's some promise in fiber optics? ;)

Definitely another wonderful, well-planned addition. I just wish Jaina would stop being so moody and get to havin' kids with Kyp! :p

Jae Angel

7. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thank you, NJ! :D Yeah, it took most of a morning to get maybe... 100 or so words together for that I think..

8. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Here's an Uppers for this wonderful fic! :D

Leia and Han are talking about Lando's wife, Tendra ...

"What I would have given to be that tall."

"I've got a thousand credits that say she's always wished she was petite. And another thousand that if you two got together to talk about how much you envied each other's height, the conversation would devolve into what pains your husbands are."

"No bet. Our husbands are pains."

"Well, they were Imperial credits anyway."

From Rebel Dream

9. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Time for an UPPERS of a different kind tonight! :D

This quote comes from a show some of you may be familiar with, Babylon 5. One of my favourite shows, I watched a couple episodes yesterday morning while enjoying my breakfast.

Even though some of you may not be familiar with it, I think this quote is ideal for the Star Wars Universe .. and I think it can be related to the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion.

So, I'll UP this thread with a quote from one of my fave B5 characters, Citizen G'Kar - Simply because I've used up all the good Wes and Hobbie ones here. ;) :D

Enjoy!

"It was the end of the Earth year 2260, and the war had paused, suddenly and unexpectedly. ... All around us, it was as if the universe were holding its breath, waiting. All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments ... of revelation. This had the feeling of both."

"G'Quan wrote: 'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

- From the episode, Z'ha'Dum and one of my favourite quotes from any show or movie. :D

10. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    This definitely needs to be back on the first page! Come on Jade, need more! :D

Jae Angel

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Just an UP for the wonderful authoress that is Jade :p ;)

12. JediPrincess83

JediPrincess83 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2003
    Jade, I just did a marathon read *wipes sweat from brow* and I have to say this story is wonderful! :D It is well written, and the plot is always entertaining! I hope to see a new post soon :D

JPrincess

13. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks! :D And welcome! :D

I've been trying to come up with the next post, and as soon as I can, it'll go up ;) :p

Edit: And thanks for the ups.. I really appreciate them :)

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well here's another up for encouragement! I know how DRL can be a pain in the butt (I should be doing homework right now ;) ) but I really hope to read more of this soon! :) Go Jade! :D

Jae Angel

15. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
  16. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    would you be in the need of some UP ing?

The Admiral

17. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Here's an UP for you, Jade ;)

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    UPtown girl, she's been livin' in her white-bred world. . . :D

Jae Angel

19. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
  20. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    First off, thank you all sooo much for the ups.. I really appreciate them..

Secondly, a big thanks to JPS.. Without her, there wouldn't even be a post..

And finally, here's the post itself :p

"Free people of the galaxies... I come before you today, not as Princess of Alderaan. Not as the former Chief-of-State of the New Republic. Not even as a Jedi or a politician. I come before you as a fellow citizen of this galaxy. As a daughter, as a mother, as a sister, a wife, an aunt. As one who hungers to taste the sweet freedom of peace."

They stood together on the balcony overlooking the gardens, staring out at the shimmering lake and the mountains beyond it.

This was the very place they had shared their first kiss, the very spot they had later pledged their vows to one another.

They had come here to say goodbye, to have a private moment together before the raging river swept them away from one another yet again.

And yet neither said a word.

After so many years, no words were necessary. Even the several decades they had spent apart had not lessened the powerful bond they shared. She did not need to ask him, and he did not need to speak of it.

There was a chance he wouldn't be coming back.

That was nothing new. When they had married, it had been in the midst of struggle and strife, and there had been so much uncertainty in the galaxy.

But never in their marriage.

They had defied an entire Order to fulfill a forbidden love that had led to the doom, and then the salvation, of the galaxy. Their love had spanned time and space, never dulling, only growing stronger and deeper and more unrelenting.

Wordlessly, Anakin Skywalker brushed his knuckles against his wife's bare shoulder, and she lifted her tear-streaked face to meet his gaze. They stared at one another, eyes communicating what they dared not utter aloud.

He leaned down and captured her lips with his own, pouring all of his love into that one kiss, knowing it might be their last.

When they pulled apart, Padmé leaned her head into his chest, and his arms came up to wrap around her small frame protectively, his chin resting on the top of her head, and just held one another.

They stayed that way for a long time.

"Long years have passed since the Yuuzhan Vong entered our galaxy, years full of pain and suffering and death. Years of exhausting battles and endless fighting. Dozens of worlds have fallen to their clutches. Billions of our citizens have been lost. Loved ones have been killed. But these tragedies were not in vain. They have united us together, and it is in their memory that we continue to fight."

Inside of the dimly lit cabin aboard the Errant Venture, there was peaceful stillness as it's occupants sat in tranquil silence. Any noise from beyond the cabin walls was drowned out by the serene power of the Force.

Jacen, Jaina and Anakin Solo sat facing each other cross-legged on the floor, forming a small circle around the shimmering ball of light hovering inches off of the ground. All three had their eyes closed, deeply in tune with the Force, the galaxy around them, and one another.

To anyone who happened by and saw the scene before them would have thought it nothing more than a simple Jedi meditation before battle. But those who were Force-sensitive would have noticed something extraordinary. For the first time in a very long time, all three Solo children were completely and utterly open to one another. Their presences mingled together, blurring together with a brilliant intensity, a fire that burned with powerful flames.

For the first time since returning from Dagobah, Jaina Solo Durron allowed others to feel the heavy burden that had been placed on her shoulders. Her brothers did not console her, nor try to ease her fears, instead they each grasped a part of her burden and took it into themselves.

For the first time since he had arrived at the fleet with the Hapan Queen Mother, Jacen Solo shared with his siblings the knowledge he h

21. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Awwwww [face_blush] Thanks Jade! ;) He he, glad to help! Excellent post, as always, my friend :)

22. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Tarkin's Teeth! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was a wonderful post, Jade and JPS!! Breathtaking to read! Leia's speech was simple yet powerful and the transition from each moment with the characters was beautifully done.

Kudos to the both of you!

23. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, JPS, Mira! :D

And now, back to my battle with the insufferably slow network connection they can't seem to fix here....

24. BlackCougar

BlackCougar Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    wow that was such a powerful post Jade very breath taking :_|

Falcon

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Jeez, I'm having a hard time deciding which composer would write the best score for that scene! I know the obvious choice is John Williams, but parts of it had the same punch as the music from Lord of the Rings, and others just reminded me of the scene in Independence Day where Bill Pullman was giving his speech! Very moving and well worth the wait! :D And am I right in guessing that this is making its way toward the final punch before a happy ending? ;) Or do you still have a few surprises in store? :p

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.