main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unexpected Allies (NJO AU) FINALLY Completed 8-28-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade243, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    This, my friend, needs an UP ;) Here, take this nifty little lightsaber to hack away at DWB :D

~JPS~

2. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Upping with a quote from a cute Elf:

He removed the bandage from Gimli's eyes "Your pardon!" he said bowing low. "Look on us with friendly eyes! Look and be glad, for you are the first dwarf to behold the the trees of the Naith of Lorien since Durin's Day!"

Haldir, "The Fellowship of the Ring" novel.

*swoons, falls off chair.*

3. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Ai! A Balrog- er.. I mean an Update! :p

I am SOOO Sorry about taking so long on this... [face_blush] Please forgive me...

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~

The first thing to see as the super star destroyer Reaper came into orbit around Coruscant was that there was now a ring around it, and its orbit had been shifted. Anakin Skywalker had warned them all of this, though. Those who would be landing on the planet had also been warned of the new smell that would assault their senses.

The sight of all this made Baron Soontir Fel?s heart sink. This was no longer the planet where he and the great actress Wynssa Starflare had met so many years ago. This was no longer the place where they were wed. What was once a great city stretching over the entire planet was now nothing but rubble that was being transformed into something from another galaxy.

He looked to the sensor boards and verified that they had arrived at their specified target and that the rest of the fleet had indeed exited hyperspace behind him. All three hundred ships. This particular fleet was mostly comprised of what was once the New Republic fleet, numerous ships from the Imperial Remnant, some sent by the Chiss, and a few from Ilaari. They were all from governments that had once been directly affected by this former governing center.

?All ships, this is General Antilles. Find your targets and deploy when ready.?

Soontir nodded to a young lieutenant who sent word to the hangar bays for the fighters and transports to launch.

?Viper Squadron clear.?

?Alpha Squadron away.?

?Raptors out and ready for a stroll in the park.?

?Spikes away and hunting.?

?181st out for blood.?

?Gamma Squadron clear.?

As the squadrons continued calling in, Soontir couldn?t help but think that Jagged was now back where he belonged in charge of Spike Squadron. He had also found the previous night at dinner with Jagged and Cerelia that his time with Twin Suns and Wedge?s people had helped him be more at ease, though he still enforced Chiss discipline.

A light blinked to his left and he focused on the data already streaming in. Skips were already inbound, and there were even a few capital ships headed in this direction. ?Are all fighters and transports clear?? he asked.

?Yes, sir,? someone answered.

Soontir nodded slightly to himself. ?Shields to maximum. Bring us about toward those incoming ships and inform General Antilles that Spearhead Force is moving to engage.? He watched the blips for the Vong ships loomed closer. He didn?t need to look up to know what the looked like. He?d seen plenty of them already and didn?t really care to look up at them.

He watched as the weapons range ticked down to zero. ?Spikes engaging enemy fighters.? Jagged?s voice was, as always, calm and collected. ?Raptors, stick with the transports. We?ll have plenty of time to play once they?re on the surface. Two, do you understand that?? Cerelia?s voice was calm as well, but with a hint of a correcting tone. Tavin had to be getting a little fidgety as he sometimes did. Finally, the range indicator hit zero. ?Fire at will,? he said.

The first lances of green energy leapt from one of the bow guns cutting into a Vong cruiser before they could get a void on it.

The battle was joined.

_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_

Jagged Fel pulled his clawcraft hard to port and back to starboard as he swung around a skip, sending a well placed shot into the nearest skip. He glanced at his scanner and found Shawnkyr was still on his wing as she?d always been in the past. They slid through and around other fighters as the chaotic dance increased in size. Squadrons from all the other ships were joining in the fight, and more and more skips were rising from the planet to meet them.

He looped around again and pushed another shot into another skip, then vectored off to the right. He juked and jinked his way around, always keeping his fighter in an unpredictable flight. Lancer-class frigates moved in to help with the skips, and Cerelia?s droid fighters, the fe

4. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    (Graciously accepts lembas.)

Woohoo! That was great!!

Into the narrow beam of sunlight stepped the first AT-AT class Imperial Walkers with Lieutenant Cl?ning D?talle in control. - What a great last line! It's about darn time that the Walkers got to squish some Vong! I wish we'd see more of those in the books. That's my kind of action! None of this flingy Jedi lightsaber stuff .. Gimme a good ole Imperial Stomp anytime! 8-}

Úbaur gohenan, mellon nín. Fael nant post nín! ;) :D

5. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thank you, Mira! :D

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    w00t! Jade posted again! :D ::Does a happy dance::

I love Anakin in this, especially the way he interacts with other people! ;) And I like how you get to see inside everyone's head. :)

And AT-ATs, huh. I can see where that would have its pros and cons in an environment such as Yuuzhan'tar, but mostly pros. Squish! ;)

And what's the foreign language you guys are speaking? German? Dutch? Elvish?

Jae Angel

7. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Well, it's about time!!!!!! Can't wait to see some Skywalkers in action!! Hopefully, the Vong will be dead and gone by dinner time. :D

*takes Lambas* WWWWAAAHHH!!! I wanna speak Elvish!! (Not very good at languages, not even English). :_| :_| :_|

*prays to whoever has control* Please! Let everyone be ok!! Let them live!

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    that was a great post, I can't wait to see the outcome of this fight.

9. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    *Pushes to the top!*

:D 8-} :D

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Ek! Forgot to review... [face_blush] My bad :p ;) Great post, Jade! :D He he, the Vong are in for it now, eh? ;)

~JPS~

11. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thank you for your reviews! :D I really appreciate them, and I love hearing what everyone thinks of this :)

(I'm am currently in my "lazy mode" so I'm just doing a general 'thanks') :p

12. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    UPPERS!!! :D :D

13. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    UPPERS again! :D :D

14. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **Delurks**

:D :D :D :D :D

**relurks**

15. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **delurks**

UP!!!!

**relurks***

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Sorry for the lack of updating, lately... I seem to have developed a bit of a severe case of Writer's Block on this next post.. I've been working on it the past few weeks or so, and it's only about halfway done at the most...

On top of that, my computer has become rather uncooperative in the last few days, causing me to want to torch it in frustration among other nasty little things...

I hope to not take too much longer on the next post, but with my mind as it is, it's not going as quickly as I'd like...

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their patience ;)

17. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Take your time, my friend. I'm not going anywhere. :D 8-}

(response disguised as an UP)

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Just thought I'd give this an UP for you, Jade ;)

~JPS~

19. Mira_Terrik

Feb 27, 2002
    Another friendly uppers!! :D

20. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    This really needs an UP! :p

21. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Jade? Are you there? Should we send out a search party?

22. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Eep! I haven't forgotten this, I swear I haven't. I just haven't been able to write a single decent thing in like... 6 months? It seems like that long in any case... Anyway, I'll try and get this updated tonight if it's at all possible.

For anyone still paying any attention to this at all, you have my thanks for your patience and in turn, I offer my apologies.

23. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay, Jade is back and she's possibly bringing a post! :D

I'll be waiting . . . ;)

Jae Angel

24. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    I am deeply sorry for the delayed update. I just hope I still have readers... <laughs at self>

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Six Years Later

?Uncle Wes, look! Uncle Hobbie is going to run into a asteroid!?

Wes craned his head up to look at the small, squirming child on his shoulders. ?It?s an asteroid, not a asteroid, and you know your good ol? Uncle Hobbie can?t fly anything anywhere without running into something.?

?Is that why he?s always in a bacta tank??

?Yes, that?s why he?s always in a bacta tank. Would you like to warn him?? he asked, his finger poised over the switch.

?Can I? Really??

?Yes, you can. You?re a big boy now, I think.?

?Grampa ?Tir says I act older than you do sometimes.?

?Does he really.?

?Yep! So does Uncle Wedge. Can I warn Hobbie now??

?Yes, you can. When that little red light comes on, you can speak.? He flipped the switch and a few seconds later, the red light came on.

?Uncle Hobbie? You better go around that asteroid. It might hurt you.?

?I see it, Domil, don?t worry. If I hit it, the worst it could do is send The Bacta King to your mother?s shipyards and send me to a bacta tank.?

?You?re always in the bacta tank,? Domil replied.

?I am not always in the bacta tank. When was the last time I was in a bacta tank??

?Last week,? Domil said. ?Uncle Wes said you had a lifetime supply of it. Is that true??

?Don?t even try and deny that one, Hobbie. I know for a fact that it is,? Wedge said from the Rebel Spirit.

?Uncle Wedge? Can I get a Ewok for my next birthday??

?Wes Janson, are you corrupting my grandson again?? Soontir cut in from the Reaper.

?Domil, it?s an Ewok, and Soontir, I am not corrupting him. I might be rubbing off on him, but I certainly don?t corrupt anything. I might annoy someone a little bi-?

?Now isn?t that the biggest understatement in the galaxy,? Face interrupted. Wes threw a mock-glare in the direction of the bright orange and lavender super-star destroyer Cuteness Preserved.

?Wes, you are corrupting my grandson, and it?s with your immaturity,? Soontir stated.

?How do you figure that? He?s only five. I have a mental maturity of nine, remember? If anything, I?m helping him mature a little more.?

?Uncle Wedge, you never answered my question.?

?Which question was that again?? Wedge asked.

?Can I have an Ewok for my next birthday? Uncle Wes said you were the one to ask, because you could get one easier.?

?Domil, I?ve already told you you cannot have an Ewok. They are sentient beings, and it wouldn?t be right for you to have one,? Jag interrupted.

The little boy released an overdramatic sigh that nearly made Wes lose his balance. ?Yes, Daddy.?

?Face, have you been giving the kid acting lessons again?? Wes asked.

?Why do you ask??

?Well, he?s just got that overly cheesy way of going through motions.?

?Wes, you do realize that his grandmother might be teaching him a little acting as well, don?t you?? Wedge snickered.

?Well? uh... I... ah?? Wes sputtered. Soontir?s laughter could be heard almost immediately.

?Wes, what does ?cheesy? mean?? Domil asked quietly.

?In this case, it means ?not very good?.?

?Face, you said you was a good actor!? Domil said.

?Were, Domil, not was,? Wes corrected again.

?Wes, I do believe you?re getting better at correcting grammar,? Wedge said.

?Well, I could be teaching him Ewokese, or sabaac, but I figure that grammar will be more important at the moment.?

?If anyone is going to teach him sabaac, it?ll be me,? Han said. ?Wes, I hate to burst your invincible bubble of mischief, but you?re not that great of a sabaac player.?

?Wes, are we winning?? Domil asked.

Wes switched off their signal, though allowing them to hear what the others continued to say, and looked at the sensor board and saw the designations for fi

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    That's it? You're done? Did everyone live? Anakin 1 & 2? Jacen?

Is there going to be a sequel? Or maybe a filler?

Great post, Jade!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.