main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unexpected Allies (NJO AU) FINALLY Completed 8-28-03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jade243, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    Well .. one good UP deserves another I always say ... ;) :D

Wes and Runt are sitting on makeshift thrones on the Mon Remonda ...

Standing before them, Face said, "For intercepting great quantities of damage so the rest of us didn't have to, your crowns, o mighty ones." He took circlets made of flimsy material and placed one on each pilot's head.

"For enduring medical treatments without whining, for surviving days of bacta bath without crying, from emerging from your treatment without asking for extra cake and sweetening, your royal scepters." He placed a wooden dowel, it's end decorated with tassels and ribbons, into the hand of each pilot. "And now, receive the accolades of your subjects."

He stood aside, and gathered the Wraiths and Rogues hurled confetti upon them, a rain of color and rubbish.

Janson blinked against the atmospheric assault and turned to Runt. "This is the last time, positively the last time, that I suggest to Face that the squad doesn't always show enough appreciation."

Our beloved Wraiths in SOLO COMMAND.

Ah, if only Allston would write more WS books ... 8-}

2. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    Hiya! Thought I would make this small announcement in case anyone wanted to know.

EDIT: I have found out we are still accepting members. :) You just can't run for nomination. Sorry.

Here's a link to my party: GFFA: Galatic Family and Fans of Anakin Party

Thank you. :)

3. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    I caught up! Fun stuff JADE

-Rogue

4. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, Rogue! :D

A belated Happy New Years to everyone, and after digging around, I found a post.. :p

"Cerelia!" Jaina gasped, her eyes flew open while she shot straight up from her slightly kneeling position.

Beside her, Anakin darted to his feet, making to move for the entrance to the cave. Jaina followed on his heels. "Need your assistance, she does not.? Her grandfather stopped dead in his tracks in front of her, his head moving around at the ground frantically looking for the source of the echoing voice. ?Trust in the Force, you must, Skywalker. Strong she is. Survive she will. Your task to go to her, it is not. Finish here what you have started, you must." Jaina remembered that voice and speech pattern from some of the holocrons at the academy.

To her left, a glowing figure, no taller than two-thirds of a meter, appeared on a small ledge at shoulder height. His long ears pointed straight out, his chin held high as he looked at Anakin. In front of him, he grasped a small walking stick - the famous gimmerstick I keep hearing hints about? ? with both hands. ?She?s my granddaughter. I?m going.?

?I?m going too,? Jaina joined in.

The flowing figure that was once the great Jedi master Yoda shook his head in disappointment and sighed. ?Certain I am now, why reckless, young Skywalker was.? He looked at Anakin. ?Hear you nothing that I say??

?She?s my granddaughter,? her grandfather repeated. ?I wasn?t there to help her as a child, I can help her now.?

The wizened old master chuckled. ?Can you now?? He looked straight into Anakin?s eyes. ?Grown they are now. Impossible for you to be there for them all. When scattered around the galaxy they are, and all need help, to which one will you go? Hmm??

That caused Anakin to stop and think. Jaina looked up at him, curious as to how he would answer. ?I-? He sighed, dejected and looked away, his voice lowered to a near whisper, ?I don?t know.?

?Help her best, you can, by finishing this one?s training. Help the entire galaxy, you will, by doing that alone.? Yoda softened his gaze and his tone. ?If look again to your other granddaughter you did, see you would, that help she already has.? He studied Jaina for a few moments in a way that caused her a bit of discomfort.

As if still alive, Yoda made his way to the cave floor. He motioned Jaina to his level, and let his hand hover over her arm in a comforting manner. "Strong the Force is in you, child," Yoda told her quietly. "Much power flows through your veins. Much anger, as well. Cautious you must be, to ensure you do not fall into darkness as before you your grandfather did."

Anakin felt more than saw the trickle of fear seep through Jaina, and he clenched his teeth, glaring at the diminutive Jedi Master. "She will not fall to the dark side. She isn't like me."

Yoda leveled him with a steely gaze. "More like you, she is, than you can ever know."

There was something behind his words, a deep and powerful whisper of the Force that spoke of truth and things yet to come. Anakin clenched his fists at his side, his eyes flashing. "She will not fall," he growled.

"Know this, how can you?" Yoda replied with a challenging glint in his eyes. "Foreseer you may be, but always in motion the future is. Know what will be you cannot."

"I know she won't turn," Anakin insisted. "I've helped raise her, helped train her. She's my granddaughter."

"Yes," Yoda agreed grimly. "Your granddaughter she is. But a curse or a blessing will that prove to be? Only time will tell."

"You're wrong," Anakin hissed. "She won't turn. None of mine will. I've made sure of it. I've been careful. I've done everything right. Even Obi-Wan thinks so."

"Once believed did we that we had done the same," Yoda replied quietly gazing at the floor, but evenly. He looked up at Anakin with a pointed gaze. "And gave birth to a monster of immeasurable darkness our arrogance did."

Anakin felt as if his blood had just been exposed to the extremes of Hoth,

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome post Jade, can't wait for more

6. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, Falcon! :D

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Eeeek, I'm all right and ready to read again and there's a new post! :) I just read the one before last (I'm having a hard time visualizing Wes as a Chiss without laughing. Sort of like putting a smiley face on Vader with his mask on! :p ) and I still need to go and read the next one. :)

Jae Angel

8. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ok, now I'm finished! :D I wanted to hold my comments until the end, and I see you still haven't resolved the part about Cerelia. Is she going to be ok? :( And Yoda hitting Anakin with his stick was great! [face_laugh] More soon? :)

Jae Angel

9. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, NJ! :D I mentioned a tiny hint about Cerelia in some of what Yoda said.. ;)

Wes.. hehe That still cracks me up too :p I'm working on the next part too ;)

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yoda favored them with a smug grin. ?Strong am I in the Force. Special I am.?

that was a good post Jade. Anakin and Yoda were great!!! I loved the humor and the drama!!!

11. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks, MJ! :D

12. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    Guess Anakin can't get away from that stick!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*takes a pillow and starts sobbing* The New Republic! Dead! :_| :_| :_| :_|

13. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Yoda is the man!

Jez

14. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    hehe I guess he can't.. :p Don't worry, JSM.. I kind of think what I have in mind to replace the NR could be much more fun.. :p

He seems to be, doesn't he, Jez.. :p

15. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    I kind of think what I have in mind to replace the NR could be much more fun..

Maybe, but I'm thinking of all the hard work Leia and the others put in to make the New Republic possilbe. It seems to me a shame that all their hard work has been destroyed.

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    My, my, my.. Another post in less than a week! :eek: :p I hope it is an enjoyable one...

Wes looked up from his few routine adjustments to his fighter and then around the main bay as the Saber Force touched down. His newer, sleeker fighter had taken a bit of getting used to, but as members of Raptor Squadron, he and Hobbie had been obligated to fly the newer fighters. That was just fine with the both of them since they were stronger, faster, and more agile than the ones they?d flown in previous months.

Wedge had seemed happy with this arrangement as well. It reminded Wes of when the Wraiths had first been formed, and Face and Ton had been put together. Wedge?s reasoning had been to keep the sarcasm in one, easy to deal with flight. He had a feeling similar reasoning was at work here as well.

He had also been surprised to find out about the ways Cerelia kept her squadron in shape. She would call her pilots in for training at incredibly random times of the day. One day it might be very early morning, while the next day, it was mid afternoon. When he and Hobbie had asked her about that, she had told them that attacks came at random times as well, and that it was best to be ready for them. The training was also done in such a way that they could easily race for the hangar and be in full gear when they arrived at their fighters if an attack should occur during those times.

And, though they had stayed fit after they?d retired from Rogue Squadron the last time, the training could be rough ? he had the bruises to prove it.

There were several blocks each pilot had to go through. Stretching, running and different styles of weight training were all required daily, while a final block was more variable and geared toward certain areas of expertise. In this final block, the pilots would rotate between self-defense training, blasters and other weapons, or obstacle and stealth movement. Cerelia always packed a portable course with special laser gear that simulated real blaster fire.

When their respective simulator schedules allowed, which was often, Jag or Shawnkyr and Vanguard Squadron would join them. Hobbie had told him at one point that some of the stuff Jag and Shawnkyr did was more extensive than what he?d learned at the Imperial academy years before, but similar at the same time.

Jaina and Anakin walked down the ramp, Jaina walking straight into Kyp?s arms. Even from his position, he could see something had happened to her. She was a little different ? even around Kyp. He couldn?t put his finger on it, but she looked much like Wedge and Luke had in the past ? and still did occasionally ? when they?d been handed something of incredible responsibility. Anakin looked grim, and even a bit worried ? even from this distance.

They spoke with Han, Wedge, her brother Anakin, and Tahiri. Wes looked around the bay again and noticed neither Cerelia nor her family had been here to greet them. It was possible they were on their way, though. He finished up his last adjustment and wiped his hands on a nearby cloth. He found Hobbie and together, they walked out of the bay. Then it hit him. ?They didn?t even ask why Cerelia or her family weren?t there to greet them,? he told his long-time friend.

?I noticed that. Something was very different about them too.? Hobbie?s forehead furrowed in thought. ?Maybe they didn?t know she was back yet.?

?Not likely ? they?re Jedi.? Wes thought about it some more for a moment before voicing his thoughts. ?They reminded me of Luke or Wedge when they had something really big and important on their minds, though. Maybe that?s why.?

?That?s what I was thinking. Any ideas on what it could be??

?Not at the moment, though I do wonder why the other Skywalkers weren?t there to-? he stopped mid-sentence at the sound of laughter emanating from a nearby lounge. He gave Hobbie a curious look, who reciprocated it. They approached the lounge in time to hear new voices coming from the room.

?I?ll come with you!?

?Very well, Comma

17. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Awesome post, Jade! As always :p

Oooh, coookies! :D Let me guess... peanut butter? :p ;)

18. Mira_Terrik

Mira_Terrik Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2002
    SHAME ON ME!! [face_shocked]

I knew there was a post and I didn't reply! My most humblest apologies!!

Okay, first post I missed:

Yoda?s ears shot up, his eyes narrowing into a glare. He raised his gimmerstick as if to strike Anakin across the knees. Her grandfather laughed. ?You can?t hurt me anymore ? you and that stick of yours are both intangible.? Yoda swung his gimmerstick.

Anakin yelped and dropped, rubbing furiously at his knees. He looked up at the apparition in shock. ?What-? How-??

Yoda favored them with a smug grin. ?Strong am I in the Force. Special I am.?

Right, and Obi-Wan's really the Chosen One, came her grandfather?s voice through their bond.

CRACK!

"Owww! That hurt, you little troll!" Anakin yelped again, rubbing his head.

Yoda lifted his staff in preparation for another strike, but this time Anakin was ready for him. Jaina felt her grandfather draw on the Force, and Yoda's swing stopped just in front of Anakin's knees, as if it had slammed into a solid wall.

Anakin smirked as Yoda looked to him with annoyance. "Well, what do you know. Looks like I'm special, too."

I love that!! Yoda is so great - excellent rendition of him here and the interation with him and Anakin was great. The whole post was super-duper!!

Now, this one:

What a fun post, Jade! I loved seeing Wes' POV - Then again, what's not to love about Wes? ;) And the holovid! [face_laugh] Luuc Warmwater! LOL! Great one!

?Is this going to be a dress uniform type thing?? Hobbie asked with dread, voicing Wes?s own fears as well.

He caught movement out of the corner of his eye, and turned his head slightly to look. Jaina and her grandfather were slipping out silently. They hadn?t said a word through the entire meeting, and had looked like they hadn?t even listened.

Cerelia?s voice cut into his thoughts. ?I?m afraid so.? Several beings in the room, Han and Gavin included, groaned. Her voice turned overly cheerful. ?But you and Wes won?t have to worry much about that. As members of Raptor Squadron, you?ll be wearing dress uniforms designed by a pilot with comfort in mind.?

Face looked pensive for a few seconds, perked up, looked at Wedge. ?If we break away from the New Republic, would that mean we?d be getting new dress uniforms??

[face_laugh] Loved it! Great job as always my friend! :D

Can I put in a request for chocolate chip cookies? ;) 8-}

19. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    that was good Jade! cant wait for more! you never cease to amaze me!

20. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    JPS... Thanks! :D Yes :( Peanut Butter.. I'm so sick of them right now.. It's practically the only thing in the house at the moment, though there are a few other kinds..

Mira... Thanks! :D And that's ok ;) I knew what you'd thought of it :p Of course you can put in for Chocolate chip :D

MJ... [face_blush] Thanks! :D

21. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    As members of Raptor Squadron, you?ll be wearing dress uniforms designed by a pilot with comfort in mind.?

Face looked pensive for a few seconds, perked up, looked at Wedge. ?If we break away from the New Republic, would that mean we?d be getting new dress uniforms??

LMAO!

and the holovid series was soooo funny!

Jez

22. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Jez... Thanks! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome post Jade when will there be more>

24. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Falcon... Thanks! :D Umm.. As soon as I can think of how I want it to go, and get it written? :p :p

25. JediStarMoonstruck

Feb 19, 2002
    That was good. Very good. I need more laughing faces for it.

The holovid was priceless!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Poor Han!!! Must dress in properly for a awhile!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

One final [face_laugh] !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.