main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Unexpected Blossom - AU songfic (H/L, Luke, OC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Golden_Jedi, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Title: Unexpected Blossom
    Author: Golden_Jedi
    Timeframe: about 15 years post-RotJ
    Characters: Han Solo, Raania Solo (OC), Master Ni (OC), Luke Skywalker, Leia Skywalker
    Genre: AU/songfic/angst
    Summary: Songfic to Teo Torriatte (Let us cling toghether), lyrics&music by Brian May/Queen for the album A Day at the Races. Part of the lyrics are originally in Japanese and I've been told it says the same as their English counterparts (if not, please PM me!). Go listen to it, please!
    Notes: I don't own nothin'.

UNEXPECTED BLOSSOM

The Millenium Falcon landed gracefully on the surface of Yavin IV and the pilot powered her down swiftly. Soon the ramp lowered and Han Solo stepped down, breathing in deeply the damp air of the planet, barely stirred by the upcoming sunset.

The heavy scent of the jungle brought all the memories back at once, as always. This was the place where he had started to fall in love with Leia Organa, so many years ago. The place where, in a way, everything had started.

?Welcome, Captain Solo,? the young padawan greeted, interrupting his reminiscence. ?Master Skywalker is finishing with a class but he says he?ll be with you in a few minutes.?

?Thanks, kid. Look, I have some supplies for the infirmary in the cargo hold. My copilot will give you access to them, can you...??

?Sure, I?ll manage it.?

?Great. Do you happen to know where...??

?She?s at the Sanctuary of Light. She?s on duty there this week. Do you know the way??

The Corellian smuggler rolled his eyes. Jedi always finishing his thoughts before he had the time to complete a sentence always grated on his nerves. ?If you haven?t moved it since the last time I was here...?

The Jedi student blinked in surprise at the notion. That was Luke?s padawan in a nutshell; quiet, friendly, efficient, no sense of humor.

Nodding to the befuddled young man, he left the landing pad and headed down a narrow path that meandered through the trees. A few minutes later he arrived to the massive round structure that the New Jedi Order that Luke had rebuilt from the ashes of the old had dedicated to all those that had come before them.

The building was mostly a half sphere of stone and glass about fifty meters in diameter and not very remarkable from the outside besides from its size. On the inside, though, it was a whole other business, as Han knew from previous visits. It was like being inside a giant Corusca gem. The light of Yavin?s primary came through the windows and was reflected and refracted in a thousand ways, broken into a dozen colors and fused into white again, creating walls, rooms and alcoves where there were none. It had a strange effect over people, Jedi and non-Jedi alike, heightening and soothing at the same time.

The Corellian went in through the south entrance and stopped just inside, taking in the beautiful vastness. The brown robes of a few Jedi could be seen here and there, all of them immersed in deep meditation. His eyes noticed immediately the small figure clad entirely in white that sat cross-legged in the exact center. His heart fluttered with joy as he recognized the shoulder length chestnut hair.

The light changed, turning grayer as the sun sank below the tree line outside.

The figure in white raised her hands with her palms up in front of her chest, as if she were holding something infinitely precious on them. At first Solo did not understand what she was doing, but then he saw the tiny ball of fire the delicate hands of the Jedi were cupping.

The fireball grew bigger as she spread her hands apart and soon it started to levitate slowly up until it stopped well over her head. Suddenly, she extended her arms fully and the ball of fire exploded silently into a hundred fragments that flew towards the rounded wall, each one of them lighting a small lamp attached to it.

The chamber was flooded again with renewed radiance.

?Sweetheart...? Han Solo breathed in awe.

The small figure turned to him, her fair

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Beautiful!!!
    @};-=D=@};-

I especially liked Han's flowers and his sharing that moment with his daughter.

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    [:D] That was a beautiful, if somewhat sad, story. Through the Force, Leia did get to watch her daughter grow up, though.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Sad, but not. I don't know how else to explain it! :D

Lovely and poignant.

His sister?s voice caresses his mind like a warm breeze. Don?t look back, Luke... Not too much. Move on, like Han did...

Raania tugged gently at his arm and he found her young eyes full of compassion and understanding. Some days he wondered how much did his niece really know. How much went through the bond that she still shared with her mother.

The breeze blew around them and a few night avians started to let their mating call be heard. If he ever asks... - the words in his mind seemed to come from afar now, a mere whisper in the Force currents ? tell Han that I?ll never abandon her... or him.

The nightbird sang again.

Just WOW! =D=

5. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Blue_Milkshake: Beautiful!!! I especially liked Han's flowers and his sharing that moment with his daughter. Thank you! :)

PonyTricks: That was a beautiful, if somewhat sad, story. True. But I warned you! ;) Through the Force, Leia did get to watch her daughter grow up, though. That was the reward for her sacrifice... Thanks for reading! :)

VaderLVR64: Sad, but not. I don't know how else to explain it! That's exactly the feeling that song always inspires on me :D Lovely and poignant. Thank you!

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Damn it - you beat me here!!

It is, as always a lovely piece Louie - you never give yurself enough crdit when it comes to writing the Jedi and their ways.

The figure in white raised her hands with her palms up in front of her chest, as if she were holding something infinitely precious on them. At first Solo did not understand what she was doing, but then he saw the tiny ball of fire the delicate hands of the Jedi were cupping.

The fireball grew bigger as she spread her hands apart and soon it started to levitate slowly up until it stopped well over her head. Suddenly, she extended her arms fully and the ball of fire exploded silently into a hundred fragments that flew towards the rounded wall, each one of them lighting a small lamp attached to it.

The chamber was flooded again with renewed radiance.

Just.. Stunning...

7. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    You know it's out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for the feedback! :)

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Goldie, as a Japanese American blend LOL and an H/L lover, this just blew. me. away. =D= =D= =D= =D=

Raania is adorable... the blossom he gave for Leia's memorial was gorgeous... and the song.... transcendently supremely exquisite. I'm glad Han has a large loving family with a warm hearted generous spirited woman--I don't feel like he's really betrayed the memory of Leia at all, just found someone as close to her as you could... ;)

Thanks for this amazing read.

Love, huggles, Jade eyes

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    He placed the crystal next to Leia?s name, where the light hit the wall more intensely.

?It?s beautiful, Dad... Thank you,? Raania whispered. ?Are they...??

?Yeah,? Han Solo answered. The artist had sworn they were real raanie, the little flowers that bloomed everywhere on Alderaan, in all climates, against all odds. The blossom that ages before it was destroyed had given the planet its name. The name that had been perfect for the undefeatable fighter his daughter had been from day one. Just like her mother.

So lovely. And the story of Raania's name is gorgeous. I wonder what it was that Leia sacrificed herself for.

Beautiful story!=D=

10. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_blush]

She's a special girl, in more than one way.

:)

Not my fault! Blame that one on Dr. May.

It's not like tried to replace Leia, it just happened...

Thanks for reading! :D

Thanks!

That's a looong story I may someday write ;)

Thanks so much! :)

11. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Unlocking and upping to thank for the nomms... Thanks so much, everybody! [:D]

12. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Congrats on the nom, friend! This was indeed a very touching glimpse of Han and Raania. I like how you connected Alderaan's name with flowers and his daughter's name.

Well deserved!

13. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Thanks, dm1! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.