main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Unfathomable (Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan) Part Three up: 1/28/06 Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Fluff-Slayer, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Hurrah! [face_dancing] It lives!

?I?m going to have a word with him about this habit,? he said absently, wandering out of the room and down the short hall toward the padawan quarters. ?It?s kind of neurotic.?

[face_laugh] I do like Kyran! Great the way he and Qui understands each other!
    How do you get such natural sounding dialogue- brilliant stuff! =D=

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Great update! Funny and sad - I feel for Obi...

I love how you've written Qui-Gon!

Nicely done :D

3. Lady_Snow_Kaguya

Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005

oh wow. I LOVE Kyran...he's Obi-wan with Anakin [face_laugh]

great work here! its just so In character..

4. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    That was great. [face_love] Loved the banter between Qui-Gon and Kyran. [face_laugh]

Thank you for continuing this! :D

5. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yay, there's more! [face_laugh] I love the talk between Qui and Kyran. And Ky's observation that things were only that impeccably clean when Obi is worried. [face_love] Love Bant too, how she just follows the little disturbance, and is so discomfited by Qui's patience. :D

I wonder what this disturbance is though, is something else wrong? o_O

6. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Beautiful, beautiful! =D= I love how you managed to pack every setence so chock-full of personality. Each character has different quirks, and all are perfectly lovable. I loved your banter between Qui-Gon and Kyran! Great fun.

More?

7. Shanny_bear

Shanny_bear Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006
    I'm loving the interaction between Qui-Gon and Kyran. They have a wondeful easy banter. Ah, I've always liked Bant and now I know why. She's wonderful.

Poor Obi-Wan, to be forced out to relax has to confuse the poor padawan, heh.

I definitely can't wait to read the last part! Could you PM me when you post it?

8. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Your Qui-Gon is excellent and even in his absence Obi-Wan shines!!!

Obi-Wan?s room was clean?so unnaturally clean.
    I can see this.

Bravo!!!

9. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Yay an update!!!!!!!!!!
    GREAT POST.=D= :D [face_dancing]

10. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    I was told to reply to all of you nice folks. 'Cause that's "polite".

The update will be popping up pretty soon. My apologies for the delay.

Layren: Hoorayyyyyy. Thank you so much for allowing me to borrow him!

Stella_Ripple: Would you laugh at me if I told you I spend whole days eavesdropping on strangers with a notepad?

Kestrel_Kenobi: Thanks!

Lady_Snow_Kaguya: [face_laugh] Too true.

Bastet: Banter is a genre in itself, don?t you think? Welcome-welcome-welcome!

Jedi_Tigris: Wrong? Why would anything be wrong? O:)

maychorian: [face_blush] Of course there?s more. Soon. Perhaps this weekend?

Shanny_bear: I will most definitely PM you. Thank you for reading!

oqidaun: *Throws a lampshade over Obi-Wan, covering eyes* Great to see you at this end, pal. Thanks muchly.

kenobiwankenobi: [face_laugh] Hooray for green!

11. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Well, good readers, it's here. The moment we've all anticipated.

The end. [face_dancing]

?Padawan.?

?Yes, Master??

?Go home, son. It?s late.?

?Yes, Master.?

His legs protested the idea of standing again after so many hours of idleness, but they cooperated once he?d given them a shake. The nameless master that had commanded him homeward said nothing else as he walked off, apparently secure in his belief that Obi-Wan would obey the order that he?d issued.

Which, of course, he would.

The stars were brilliant overhead?so, so clear, blindingly so. Painfully so. It was even possible to ignore the near-oppressive heat. Just watching them up there, twinkling without thought in the blackish expanse?

[i]Home now,[/i] his mind pleaded. [i]Please?[/i]

Not a bad idea, really. Garen, having identified the smudges under his eyes even in passing and at a distance, had informed him that normal people slept every once in a while.

All right. He had waded through his mind long enough; now it was time to go?sleep. Or something to that extent.

[i]Yes. Good.[/i]

There wasn?t a soul in the hallway. Quiet, that biddable hush of nighttime, had settled down as a blanket tucked about a child?s shoulders might. Any other time, such absence of motion might have lulled him into a nicer mood. Tonight, there was no solace to be drawn from the empty hall. Obi-Wan found himself walking faster perhaps than was proper, hurrying along towards the half-relief of his dark, cool bedroom.

He opened the door carefully in hopes that Qui-Gon would already be sleeping, walked to touch a hand to the counter, and paused there, listening. Sounds of soft breathing greeted his ears, even and reassuring. Ah, what a lovely sound. It told stories of forgotten troubles, of pleasant dreams and revitalizing rest, and for a moment he was lost in it, calm, nonexistent, floating?

?Go t?bed, Obi-Wan.?

The sleepy voice startled him much more than it rightfully should?ve. He jerked, tangling his feet, and the next thing he knew he was half-sprawled on the floor, splattered with the contents of a dish that he had knocked into on his way downward.

Pain. An explosion of pain, bringing attention to his neglected wrist. Obi-Wan winced and pulled himself up into a sitting position, drawing the injured limb close with his better hand. The Force swirled about him; he beseeched it close, wrapping it around his injured arm to dull the ache.

Someone moved in the dark, near the couch. Dim light illuminated overhead, and the figure knelt beside him with a cloth.

?M-master Josel??

?Good Force, Obi-Wan. I didn?t mean to startle you. Are you all right?? Careful fingers touched the place where his head had collided with the counter. Obi-Wan?s stomach gave an uneasy tremor. ?Ouch. That?s going to be a beautiful knot in the morning.?

?It?s not serious,? Obi-Wan murmured. His wrist throbbed.

Kyran ignored him. ?Anything else hurt??

?I?m fine.?

?That?s not what I asked.?

?Master Josel??

?Hold still. You?ve got some sauce near your eye.? The cloth swept over his face, then moved to his ruined tunic front. Obi-Wan waited until it had slowed and stilled before he tried to speak again.

?I thought you were away, Master.?

?I was. Until this morning, anyway.?

?Oh.?

Silence. The two Jedi sat together upon the kitchenette?s floor, surrounded by reddish splatters of what may or may not have been food previously, and silence fluttered down upon them like bits of debris after an explosion. Obi-Wan?s stare traced the rosy puddles, avoiding any gazes that might have attempted to catch his.

?That was dinner, if you?re curious,? Kyran told him in a cheerful tone. ?It tasted much better than it looks, promise.?

?You?brought it over?? There was something odd in the way that the question was phrased, but Kyran pretended not to notice.

?Hard to believe, I know.?

?I?m sorry, Master Josel.?

?Don?t worry about it. Qui-Gon will be overjoyed.?

The hard line of Obi-Wan?s mou

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow, this was a wonderful piece - you had me fully immersed. I didn't want it to end!
    :)
    Just lovely.
    =D=

13. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    It's over? :_|

Wonderful fic.

Hugs for all!

-DS

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Kyran stretched his very sore back carefully as he rose, muttering a few selective curses. Honestly, the things he put up with for those two?psychosomatic trauma, ceaseless worry, lack of sleep, persecution by kitchen appliances, and now bodily discomfort. Friendship. It?s the gift that keeps on giving?Ouch.

Awww :p Poor Ky. [face_laugh]

Fantastic ending, lady! =D= Congratulations on your first multipart completed fic!

15. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wonderful beginning. Breath-taking middle. Amazing end. Pefect story.

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh, good mush Fluff-Slayer! Kyran is just the sort of person Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan need to knock their heads together. It's so nice when they finally start talking. Sometimes, tough guys can play it too tough.

17. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    W00T-ness. That was lovely. @};-

18. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    W00T-ness. That was lovely. @};-

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    <dances> I wanted mush, and I got mush. Evil Slayer, you. That was a most marvelous piece of writing. All the characters tied in so perfectly, and I loved the Ky-Qui banter. Not to mention dear Obi-Wan. =D=

20. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Aww, loved it! Oh Obi-Wan, he's always blaming himself. I'm glad Qui finally saw this and reassured Obi. And I love Kyran! He's what they need to get talking. :D Hehe, nice descriptions, I especially liked when Kyran was battling the food stuck to the floor. :p

Wonderful job!

21. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Incredibly moving. Poor Obi-Wan . . . it's like him to take all the blame on his own shoulders. I'm glad Qui-Gon finally noticed. I like how in this story everyone truly cares for each other, but misunderstandings got in the way. Kyran was a very fun character, gentle in his own, bringing in some much-needed levity.

Never stop writing! I really enjoy everything you post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.