main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Unhappy with film quality..

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JPR, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPR

JPR Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I saw AOTC at midnight in theater 3 at Huebner Oaks and must say the film quality stunk. I'm not sure if it was the projector or the copy itself but it was obviously blurred or out of focus for a majority of the film. On top of that there were occasional black spots on the film also. I wasnt disapointed in the movie but I was in the quality of the film. :(

2. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I went to Huebner Oaks at the same time too, but I didn?t have the same problems.

Where in the theater did you sit? Films are always going to have a bit of a blur to them, and it becomes even more noticeable when you?re up close to the screen? I think it?s just the nature of projected film.

3. JPR

JPR Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    I was in the center about 3/4 of the way up. This more then just the ususall blurr. I am talking the entire scene almost looking out of focus. I saw it again today at a differnt theater and the differnece was very noticeable. I can only assume it was just a bad copy.

4. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    This SA resident traveled to Orlando and saw the digital version which is highly recommended. The picture is awesome, color vivid clarity is awesome.

CoK

5. Ajax

Ajax Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    I saw the film in theatre #13 at AMC 24, and the picture was really good. I didn't notice any unusual blurring or anything, but our theatre had really low sound. I got used to it, but I saw it again last night at Cielo Vista, and it's so much better loud!

6. Ga4

Ga4 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    I saw it at #13 also, and I thought it was too loud.

7. darthroc247

darthroc247 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    If you want better film quality, I recommend that you go to the Northwest 10 theater off of I-10 and 410. The picture was much crisper than at Huebner, which, I agree, was poor quality. The sound, which at Northwest is THX certified, was spectacular. The explosions rocked the floor and you could hear everything in surround sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.