main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Union: A Fanfic Novelization (Luke and Mara's Wedding) *FINISHED!!!!!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mistryljediskywalker, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
  2. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    Here's what I've posted so far in the old thread.

The single setting sun of Garqi shone brightly as it slid behind a single cliff. Opposite the setting son were a couple watching it in all its beauty.
    ?This is so beautiful, Luke, I?ve seen sunsets before, but somehow, this is different.? Mara Jade glanced sidelong at her soon to be husband. Their relationship had changed so much. No more than ten years previous she had been holding a blaster to his head, and now she was going to marry him.
    ?For me, having it be a single sun rising and having you here is what makes it special.?
    ?Yes the company does make a lot of difference, but??
    ?But??? Luke Skywalker said urging his fiancée to continue on with her statement.
    ?Peace with the Imperial Remnant. We?re not at war anymore.?
    Luke leaned heavily upon his knee and glanced at her thinking how lucky he was. ?Two decades of fighting now ended. War was all I knew for my adult life.?
    ?You can?t miss it, the fighting.? Mara asked as a small orange bird landed on her outstretched hand.
    ?Miss it? No, miss friends who I wish could be here to share in the victory?? Luke?s thoughts went to so many friends he had lost, and family. ?Definitely. It?s scary too,? he continued as he got to his feet and walked up to beside her. ?It?s a new future and new goals to discover.?
    Mara glanced at Luke wondering about his last statement. ?You?re not concerned about our getting married, are you??
    Luke gave a small smile, ?Don?t even joke. Having you say you?d become my wife is the best thing that has ever happened to me. No regrets, no concerns, not now, not ever,? He said as he got down behind her and his arms reached around her waist.
    ?I?ve no concerns about my choice, but the event??
    ?Don?t worry about that,? Luke said quietly as he pulled her closer. ?Leia is making the announcement on Coruscant.?
    ?Ah, that?s what has me worried,? Mara said with a smile.
    Luke rested his chin on her shoulder, ?Leia knows you want a small wedding.?
    ?Yes, but her saying that our union will be seen as a healing of the Rebel/Imperial rift, the symbolism??
    Luke pulled away a look of concern on his face. ?I know. She did say it will convince people the war is truly over.?
    Mara got to her feet and urged the small bird away to its freedom. ?I suppose I can tolerate the attention at our wedding, provided we don?t have the same on our honeymoon.?
    Stars, Luke thought, I sure hope the media doesn?t follow us on the honeymoon. I?ve been in public eye for so long and that is far beyond even my limits. ?I agree, and, hey, no one knows we?re here right now. Our honeymoon will be just as private.?
    ?Good, if things go as badly as I fear for the wedding, getting away will be first priority.?
    Luke crossed his arms over his chest and grinned at her. ?Nothing will go wrong, Mara.?
    ?I love it, Luke Skywalker, that even after all these years you can still be so naïve.?

Leia Organa Solo finished up her speech for the mob of holo reporters. ?That?s all I had prepared. If you have questions?? She was instantly bombarded with questions and began looking for an escape. She needed one.
    ?How do you react to criticism that this is a move to solidify a Jedi power-base to establish a force empire?? An insistent reporter pressed her.
    ?Criticism? I just made the announcement. This is just my brother?s wedding we?re talking about, not some political revolt.? Leia stared straight ahead with a deadpan expression on her face.
    Voices yelled from in the crowd. ?What are you hiding Leia??
    ?Why announce the wedding now Leia??
    ?Is Mara?s hand in marriage part of the peace package??
    Finally Leia had had enough of their questions. ?Threepio, get over here.?
    ?Me?? The prissy metallic voice of See-Threepio sounded. ?Oh my.?
    ?You know the plans. Can you handle this?? She no longer wanted to deal with all the

3. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    Mara walked down the paved walkway between her friends as she glanced around at the bustle of busy Coruscant around her.
    ?I hope this designer you?ve found is very good,? Leia commented from beside Mirax as she eyed Mara who had just told them about the designer, Jari?Kyn.
    ?She?ll do fine, she?ll do more than fine. And the attendants? dresses will be special, too.? Mara assured her when Iella leaned forward grinning.
    ?Everything better be good or there will be trouble, Mara.?
    ?C?mon Iella,? Mara mocked as she shook her head. ?They?re fashion designers. What can they do to us??
    Iella grinned as Mara got into the speeder before her and glanced back at her waiting for an answer. ?They declare a quick return to Imp-Chick and all fashions will come in severe and gray.?
    Leia shook her head remembering. ?If you think I?m doing my hair back in buns and pulling on a white robe, some serious rethinking due.?
    Leia moved up beside Mara with Iella sitting behind her. ?But the Empire wasn?t always grim. I remember elegance . . .?
    Leia dropped her head focusing on the controls before her before answering Mara. ?I remember it, too, but only in the upper echelons of society. In the strata that had insulated itself from reality.?
    ?You could find it,? Mirax pointed out from behind them. ?Different worlds, different times. But without Imperial sanction it seemed like treason.?
    ?The liberation freed everyone to celebrate, to enjoy life,? Iella pointed out. ?Despite the hardships of the war. The party at my wedding to Wedge was modest, but we never could have had even that much gaiety under the Empire.?
    Mara nodded her head in agreement, ?and there is no denying that a Twi?lek like Jari?Kyn would not have gotten a chance to create my own wedding gown under the Empire.?
    ?Though the clumsy efforts of our menfolk to plan their little celebration tonight smacks of Imperial bumbling,? Leia said with a sly grin considering how frenzied Luke would be after tonight. Luke didn?t fit in with a group of Corellians, smugglers, and Rogues in a bar. Her little brother would just have to be relieved when he got back. Mara had already told them about their little mistake the previous night and they had given her no peace about it. Just wait till she let Han know, they would torture Luke to death about this little mishap.
    ?You don?t think they think we don?t know what they?re going to be doing?? Mirax asked knowing as well as Leia just what their husbands would be getting the Jedi Master into that night.
    ?No, they?re just hoping we won?t think they?re being entirely childish.?
    ?Well, isn?t that what husbands are for? Training you to be able to deal with children?? Iella asked as she leaned over towards Mirax.
    ?Hush,? Leia admonished. ?She?s kidding, Mara. Trust me. It?s not that bad.? Leia assured her future sister-in-law who was glancing around a little worried. ?Besides you can renege on the trouble of raising them by making them take care of the kids.?
    ?Loose security cordon, but one that will pick up any approach,? Chik whispered into his comlink as he continued with his surveillance of the guard of the perimeter.

?I copy,? Banner said as he listened to Chik over the comlink attached to his wrist. ?Continue surveillance and report back on schedule.?
    ?This used to be such a beautiful place,? Takkar mused as he glanced around the museum. ?It?s been perverted, all of it. They?ve mad it political, not historical.?
    ?It looks fine to_,? Banner protested before Takkar cut him off.
    ?They have made this a mausoleum for the truth, not a monument to it.?
    ?I don?t_,? Banner began once again but the Moff proceeded in his complaints.
    ?It?s obvious. This exhibit:? he said regarding another exhibit pointing out which one he was speaking of. ?An exploded view of the Death Star?? The Moff proceeded to the exhibit that displayed a huge machine, a walker. ?The machines, all huge and menacing, out of scale, intended to scare.?
    ?Well, if you say so . . .? Banner approached cautiously as he glanced around,

4. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    Oh lookie, I'm the 1st one to review here at the new thread. Think I'm cought up. It looks good as usual.

5. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    That's good.

6. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    More Please!!!
    Reb

7. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Lucid_Lady: Great to see you again, thanks!

Matthew_Wolverine: Thanks!

REBADAMS7: soon, I hope

8. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    hey everyone, I'm working on the next post right now I expect it will probably be one of the last few posts.

9. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    Okay, new post, I'll probably be wrapping this whole story up very soon. Most likely only two more posts. Enjoy!

Luke glanced around the immense area. The garden seemed even larger now, now that it would change his life. It would change his life forever, or so it seemed. He was marrying Mara Jade, and this was where it would happen.

"Not as daunting as the Death Star, but it will have as profound a change on your life, Luke.? Wedge commented as his eyes wandered the area.

Luke clenched his hands together and glanced down. ?But that was a focus for hatred, Wedge? Here we will celebrate love and union.?

Han shook his head. ?Don?t worry, kid. We?ve gotten you through all sorts of adventures. We?ll get you through this.?

?I can make through this day fine, Han. I?m not afraid of me or Mara not making it through the wedding, no anxiety there??

Han eyed him uneasily, ?The way you say that, you do have anxiety??

?Vague and unfocused.?

?You must have seen the reception menu.?

?Back when we all first met, I?d never have guessed we would find ourselves here.? Wedge mussed, ?especially not at a wedding.?

??specially not Luke?s wedding,? Han pointed out. ?He?d not even been kissed by then. Freezing on Hoth was when I figured we?d never be here.?

Luke nodded slightly. ?Even after I met Mara, I never imagined this.? Especially seeing as when I met her was when she had a blaster to my head.

?But here we are.?

?Right, and, as you pointed out, it?s all your fault. You know what that means??

Han and Wedge glanced at Luke as he lowered his head. ?When Mara kicks me out, you?d best have a guest room ready.?

?I thought Jedi didn?t know pain.?

?C?mon, we don?t want to be late,? Hobbie urged Wes Janson as he pulled at his shirt collar slightly.

?We?ll get there, we have plenty of time,? Wes said as he carefreely shrugged his shoulders and leaned against the desk.

?Banner and the Moff?s wife are off with the hit team. Is the Moff in position??

?I got him there then he sent me away, best if we don?t know his plan.?

?No, Master Solo, protocol dictates righthand loops equal to you age in standard years.? Threepio?s prissy voice sounded as he took the bow tie around Jacen?s neck.

?It?ll choke me and never come loose,? Jacen complained as Anakin peered at his older brother.

?Time to mount up.? One of the swoopies said as he straddled his bike.

?Slip it over their head, choke, twist, and it?ll never come loose.?

?Not fair, Momm. Myri had my dress. Why did I have to get a new one?? Syal pouted as Iella eyed her daughter out of the corner of her eye.

?That question will come back to haunt you when you?re old enough, Syal.?

In their wildest imaginings, they never would have thought? And that will be their undoing. The Moff smiled evilly to himself.

?Mon Mothma, this way!?

?Mom, it?s Talon Karrde!?

?Senator Fey?lya, give us a smile.?

The crowd gathered around and the guests to the wedding smiled kindly, all of them did, except for Fey?lya.

The swoopies smirked as they headed off to the Imperial Palace, the heroes would die tonight.

?Greetings Madam President. This way to your seat.? Kam said with a smile.

?So gracious, Jedi Solusar. Thank you.?

The swoopies glared at each other across their swoops as they readied for the attack to begin.

?It?s natural to be nervous, kid, but you?re doing the right thing, here.? Han tried to asure the younger man.

?I know, Han, no regrets, but those vague feeling I had before are more concrete.? Luke leaned

10. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    very nice, Mistryl. :D

Can't wait for the wedding, and the mayhem outside the church to begin. :cool:

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
  12. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Can't wait for more!

13. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    hehehe, now I can actually follow along with the actual comic (I was only able to get the fourth issue :_|

~*~The Queen~*~

14. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    *Dances around happily*

I could never find Union at all. I was hoping someone would do novelization. And mistryl, you're doing a wonderful job.

15. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    Glad everyone is liking it, I'll say more when I have time. But, I'm just going to say this fic should be finished today or tommorrow. It's getting very close.

16. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    ok, this is it. The final post! Hope you've enjoyed it! I certainly enjoyed writing it.

?You can?t!?

Banner turned towards the Twi?lek as it touched on his feelings, he didn?t want to. He knew he didn?t want to. Then he made his decision and turned his blaster onto the two guards of the Moff?s wife. ?You?ve right, I can?t.? He turned and fired on them as they yelled in pain.

?Traitor!? she yelled at him as she pulled a vibroblade from its hiding place and turned towards him, slashing at him. He dropped the blaster and his other hand went to his bleeding hand as she stood over him. He knew that this was the end; that it was now that he was going to die.

Jari?Kyn debated in her mind for a moment then took the hydrospanner and smashed the woman over the head with it. The woman dropped to the floor, unconscious, and she couldn?t help but grin. Jari?Kyn was no longer as helpless as they had thought she was.

?Thanks for the save,? she said as she brought the hydrospanner behind her.

?We have to get the dresses to the wedding. There is no time.? Banner said as he felt for the Moff?s wife?s pulse.

?I?ll fly, you make sure they stay on.?

?You agreed to keep the kids quiet during the ceremony, Booster?? Mirax angrily turned to face her father.

?Your kid, Mirax, singular? I have a new Rebellion here on my hands.?

?We?re all next door, in the gardens? They?re not going to get the better of you, are they??

?Kids, never?? Booster Terrik said with a smug expression on his face.

?Good, it?s settled. Later, Father, and thank you.?

Valin Horn glanced over at the other younger kids. He heard what his mother had told him to say as he approached Syal Antilles.

?Want one?? she asked as he came up to her.

?Hi, Syal. My mom said to say your dress looks pretty.?

?It will be until Myri good something on it.? Syal grumbled as she glanced at the younger girl on the other side of her. ?You don?t have a little sister, do you??

?No.?

?Never thought I?d see you this nervous, Mara. It?s actually refreshing.?

Mara shook her head and glanced over towards the door once again. ?I want the gowns to get here? Once we have them, nothing can go wrong.? She told Talon Karrde as she turned back.

A few moments later she heard a noise and rushed out the door to greet Jari?Kyn. ?You made it!?

?Barely,? Jari?Kyn exclaimed.

?Trouble??

?Don?t ask.?

Mara glanced suspiciously at Banner. ?Who?s he??

?Don?t ask.?

Jari?Kyn hurried inside and rushed Banner and Talon out. ?Both of you, out of here. Thanks for you help, Banner.?

?Help? You?re a dressmaker?? Karrde asked skeptically.

?Um, no, just a delivery man.?

?Wait, you were at the Red Rancor, I remember you?? It all clicked suddenly.

Oh, Sith!

Here you go.? Jari?Kyn said as she began pulling the dresses out. ?Someone tried to kidnap your dress? A crazy woman.?

?What?! What happened??

?Not important, but, by the way, that kick you taught me really works.?

Mara took the dress and glanced around nervously. Something big was going to happen, Luke had to know.

?Is it okay, Leia?? Mara asked, a bit worried. ?What do you think??

?You?re more beautiful than ever, Mara. You and Luke will be happier today than you have ever been.?

Mara knew she was nervous. If anyone tried to ruin this day for them?

The day that they had waited for had finally come. The day she would become Mrs. Luke Skywalker.

?That?s a great place for a honeymoon. I?ll fly you there myself.? Han said as he glanced at Luke. Luke kept his cool demeanor but Han could tell he was nervous.

?Thanks, Han. What is it, Talon?? Luke turned t

17. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    oh it was wonderful...::sniff:: I look at that comic all the freaking time! Why'd it take them so freaking long to get together!!??? well atleast they did in the end [face_love] Excellent job ^_-

EJ

18. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    :_| *in happiness and throws rice*

I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Especially if it's got Wedge and Co. involved :D

Great job Mistryl. You rock. :cool:

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great ending!

*sniff*

I always cry at weddings. So much wonderful mush!

20. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

:) :) :) Good work, Mistryl!

21. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    AWWWW, that was so sweet ! Great job!

22. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    *Blinks to get rid of tears* Usually, I loathe all that is sappy and mushy, but I'll make an exception for Luke and Mara since they are finally together and happy.

One more thing: Since when did Wes Janson become pretty? :confused:

23. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all liked it

24. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Very good job!
    Thanks
    Reb

Thread Status: