main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors (Thrawn, Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Nov 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    Perhaps he falls to the NR... Shows them what they're up against

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Either way the Republic are in for a suprise when they find out they're all Vader clones.

3. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    They will all be surprised, but some will be more surprised than others (how was this with the animals ...?).

Here is the next part.

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors

Paar Vader had activated his ejection-system too late.

Drifting only a few dozen meters over the asteroid he was too close to its surface to escape the consequences of the impact of a fast moving object.

Out of control the damaged TIE-Defender of the ninth clone of Darth Vader smashed into the asteroid, creating a geyser of stony fragments and metallic debris moving with terrifying speed in every direction.

In his spacesuit Number Nine saw the expanding cloud accelerating towards him. Paar Vader tried to protect himself from the countless shrapnel-like pieces with the Force, but there were to many of them.

They penetrated the weak shield of his live-support-system and finally the material of his black space-suite. Incredible pain shot through the body of the tall man, when the sharp pieces sliced into skin, flesh and muscles. Such had to be the pain of the original Vader, when he dropped into the lava-pit.

The last thought that crossed Nine's mind before he lost consciousness forever was a thought of regret. Contrary to most of his "brothers" he had always preferred light clothing and more agility because of it over heavy pieces of armour and slowed movements. Now protective armour would have been very much handy.

A small piece of metal pierced through Paar's helmet, penetrating the skull. Again there was an increase of pain, pulling as much of the force as possible inside his body Paar tried to keep himself alive and then the entire world went black.

Paar Vader, number Nine of the Vader-Clones created by Raal Lordaq and Dr. Tinar Harkas, should never awake again.

Slowly the limp body drifted through space, the emergency-signal still calling for help.

---

Chewbacca and Anakin Solo had needed two hours to complete the most necessary repairs of their damaged ship. They hadn't been able to do much, but it would be enough to reach the next friendly system.

Tired and covered with dirt the boy followed the Wookiee into the cockpit, where his father was already waiting for them. The enforced rest had done miracles to Han Solo's condition, he had cleaned his face and locked fresh and awake. The only disturbing sight was his left arm, but even this part of his body looked better now that it was in bandages.

With a series of howls and barking sounds Chewbacca informed Anakin's father of their progresses.

"Alright." stated Han Solo, when his Wookiee friend was finished. "This ship needs a makeover in a real shipyard as soon as possible, but we should be able to reach one. Question is, where shall we go? The next possible starport would be Nam Chorios, but with all the current tensions..." he left the end of the sentence open. "Or we could still try to reach Yavin 4." Han Solo continued. "It would be five-hundred lightyears more, but we would be among friends. The question is, shall we risk it?"

Chewbacca howled and Anakin nodded his agreement. "Chewie is right. The Falcon can make another five-hundred lightyears. I'm for Yavin 4."

Han grinned. "Me too. Anakin, since my arm is broken you will have the honour... Anakin? Are you all right? Anakin."

Han Solo bent forward to check over his son. Anakin's eyes had a dreamy gaze and his mind seemed to be far away.

"ANAKIN." shouted the boy's father.

"Huh?" wondered the ten-year old. "What is it, dad?"

Han Solo was tapping with his finger against Anakin's head. "I was just wondering, if anybody was home," he explained with sarcasm in his voice. "Care to tell me where you've been?"

"Here of course." explained the boy, slightly annoyed. "But we have to go somewhere else."

"Of course we have to go somewhere else. We have to go to Yavin 4," stated Han Solo.

"Yes." confirmed Anakin. "But before that we have to go there." he pointed outside the window.

"Back into the asteroid-belt?" wondered Han Solo. "Why should we?"

"Not into the asteroid-b

4. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Damn u write such cool clifhangers! and no.. not after i've been away for a couple of days no! U write then before. bstard!

(j/k - bout the bstard part... i think)

5. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    As much as i enjoy your comments Grim, would you PLEASE stop writing english for pigs.

I always need two minutes to figure out what you mean and its an insult to the precision of language.

6. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Sure I'll try. But I can't promise you anything because English isn't my best language (I'm Dutch). What I can promise you is to stop using stuff like u (for you). Ok?

7. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  8. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Aw, hell! I spent twelve pages being confused (I've only read a couple of the books past ROTJ) and when I finally start getting into it (the Vader clone getting picked up by Han), it ends!

More, please!

9. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I second that! And welcome aboard. Did you check out F's other stories too? Because if you haven't read the Tale of DV's son you haven't seen the best yet.

10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Hello Enigma_X. As Grim already stated welcome aboard. I hope you´ll enjoy my other stories as well as the next update.

Speaking of an update ...

Luke Skywalker watched the waiter-droid of the small restaurant returning to the kitchen with their orders. He hoped Mara would like what he had chosen. Of course he could have helped her in the office of the port-master of this space-station, but his wife had told him, that she could take care of the matter herself. For the first time in years the "Jades Fire" had shown a malfunction and when inspecting the damage the two Jedi-Masters had been forced to acknowledge that they hadn't the spare-parts available to do the repairs themselves. So they had made a stop at one of the space-stations that framed the Perlemian Trade Route to get the necessary parts and the repairs done. It would only be a minor delay, but a delay nevertheless.

Luke Skywalker looked up from the file he was reading, when his wife took place on the other side of the desk.

"And?" Luke asked in his most deadly serious voice. "Is this station in need of a new portmaster or did you control your temper?"

"Since I managed to bargain him down to eighty percent of their usual over-expensive fees, the little troll will live a long and happy life," answered Mara Jade in the same voice. "The only occasion I'm unable to control my temper is, when I'm alone with you," the redhead purred.

Luke looked up from his data-pad and returned the grin of his wife. "I suddenly remembered why I'm such a happy man."

"And I hope you will never forget it," answered Mara. "What are you reading?"

"Some data-files about the current crisis. Especially about Raal Lordaq and the Therilias-Autarcy."

"Well, it's never wrong to know the enemy." stated the female Jedi.

"We aren't yet at war," her husband corrected her.

"My dear Luke, in the language of Brussia the word for "war" or "struggle" is the same word, as the word for "life". If you ask me, war is inevitable."

Luke Skywalker viewed his wife carefully. He knew Mara long enough to register that there was something else behind her casual voice.

"Why do you think so?" he wanted to know.

Mara hesitated for a moment. "I don't know." she said. "Call it female intuition."

"Really?" wondered Luke Skywalker. "Or has it something to do with your personal experiences?"

His wife sighed. "I can't lie to you, can I?" Again she took a deep breath. "You are right, I'm talking from personal experiences."

Luke waited for Mara to continue. He had discovered a long ago, that it wasn't a problem for her to talk about her life as a smuggler or whatever profession she had enjoyed during the last seventeen years since the battle of Endor. What was still a sensible area was her time as the Right Hand of Emperor Palpatine. Finally Mara continued.

"You know, Palpatine never viewed the Rebel Alliance as a serious threat. As a nuisance or an injure to his pride, but never as a serious threat."

"... and the end of your foolish and insignificant rebellion." Luke remembered those words like everything from the longest day of his life. A cold shiver was running down his spine, thinking that, if not for his fathers turn, those words would have become true.

"More concerns for the people at Imperial Centre caused the attempts of all too independent or ambitious Moffs and Admirals to separate themselves from the central government and to establish their own empires. People like Sarn Shield or Grand Admiral Zaarin. Even Grand Moff Tarkin's loyality wasn´t without question - rightly so, as we learnt with the Maw base. Of course Palpatine had his own ways to deal with them. Either openly through your father or in secret," and now Mara's voice was edged with bitterness, "Through one of his Hands."

"Wait a moment, wait a moment," Luke interrupted his wife. "Are you implying that Vader wasn't only aboard the Death Star to support Tarkin in his search for the alliance, but also to have an eye on Tarkin?"

"Would you have

11. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    I loved this update! Very lifelike.

As for renaming it... I'm crappy at it but this is what i came up with:

Trident (as in Lordaq/Vader/Thrawn)
    Shattered Hope (of peace)

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Resurrection? (Of Thrawn, Vader etc)

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    What about just the simple: Rising Autarcy

14. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome, and I have read FTeik's other stories and enjoyed them.

Oh- and 'UP!'

15. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thank you all. And as a reward here is an update.

Wedge Antilles hesitated in front of the door to General bel Iblis' quarters aboard the Super-Star Destroyer Lusankya. Taking a deep breath he finally pressed the button demanding entrance.

"Who is it?" called the voice of bel Iblis.

"Wedge Antilles, Sir. I'm sorry to disturb you, but we have received new orders from Coruscant."

"Come in," ordered the senior General. The door opened and Wedge stepped into the fore-room, where bel Iblis was putting his jacket on. "Of course we've received new orders from Coruscant. Where else should our orders come from?" grumbled the old Corellian.

"Perhaps from Dar Soocha." suggested Wedge Antilles with dark humour.

Bel Iblis shot him an angry glare. "That's not funny, Wedge." he commented. Dar Soocha had been the headquarters of the New Republic after the campaign of Grand-Admiral Thrawn, when the imperial re-conquest of Coruscant and the efforts of the reborn emperor had turned the New Republic into a Rebel Alliance again. Dar Soocha had been destroyed by the Emperor's galaxy-gun. It had been a dark time then.

"So, what do they want us to do?" the grumpy General asked.

"We are ordered to leave out current patrol-routes and shall travel to the border-regions with ..."

"Don't tell me with whom. I can imagine." grunted bel Iblis.

"Our squadron is ordered to support the ships that are already there, together with ships from the 10th, the 14th and the 25th inner and outer rim fleets. General Abath is with the "Guardian" on his way from Coruscant."

"How many ships will there be in total?"

"Two-hundred-forty of all types within one week. We'll get probably three-hundred more within three weeks, if we regroup other fleets and battle-groups to make up for the gaps in those three fleets."

"That's not good," muttered bel Iblis.

A typical New Republic-fleet numbered between hundred and two-hundred-fifty ships from corvettes, frigates over destroyers and cruisers to battleships.

"Things have to look pretty bad, if Coruscant is sending both of our only Super-Stardestroyers to deal with this conflict. Our supply-lines in that area are very thin and our ships will be mixed together from three different fleets. It was a mistake to disarm after the peace-treaty with the Empire."

"Yes, Sir." answered Wedge Antilles. What else could he say?

"My greatest concern is, that those actions will make us look even more as an aggressor in this conflict. Not to mention that with rising tensions and an increase of forces of both sides in that area will lead to accidents and incidents nobody wants, but that will add even more fuel to the fire."

"Well, we have one week to find a diplomatic solution, before our ships are in position and the real trouble starts." stated the younger General.

"Don't try to fool me or yourself, Wedge," answered Garm bel Iblis. "The trouble has already started. And only our enemies know where they will strike first."

---

Its difficult to say where a galaxy ends and intergalactic space begins. There is no clear-cut line, no sudden transition. Spiral arms extend from the main disc with vast areas of, by comparison, empty space between them. The same goes for the planes above and under the main galactic disc and countless starsystems extend beyond even the galactic rim-territories. The distances between single star-systems are much higher than inside the main body of the galaxy. Hosts one habitable planet live among five-thousand barren systems, here the relations are bigger: One habitable planet among twenty-thousand barren systems. But still more than enough for the insignificant efforts of the sentient ants, who travel between the stars for millennia.

But what are thousands of years compared to the billions of years the universe already existed?

---

The blue-grey dagger of the main hull of the ship was ten kilometres long. At its aft end the ship was four and a half kilometre wide and one and a half kilometre high. Sever

16. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    A wise and cool new player. This creates even more options... Wicked update. Keep them coming!

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  18. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    You don't understand.. We don't want up, we want more! ;)

19. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "Tale".

See you.

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Here is the update. A little late in comparison to past posts, but hey, i have a life, too.

Meanwhile on Yavin 4

It was late in the afternoon and Jacen was sitting on the hill Kilas Telm had shown him and where he had met the wraith of his grandfather for the first time. For the last few days he had always managed to sneak away from the academy for half of an hour or sometime even an entire hour, walked to the lake, climbed the hill, set down on the top and waited for Anakin to appear.

Even after his second visit, Jacen had become used to the idea of befriending the spectre of a man who had been dead for some seventeen years; who had looked like a ten year old boy, not the dreaded Dark Lord of the Sith he had been for more than half his life-time. After all, Jacen figured; what in his young life had been ordinary so far?

Jacen hadn't told anybody about this meetings, not because Anakin had asked him to do so, but because he wanted this new relationship kept to himself. Firstly he was afraid, that the adults might object to the idea of him having contact with the former Darth Vader and secondly, he didn't want to share Anakin's attention with anybody else. Perhaps it would have been different if Jaina were on Yavin 4, but Jacen's twin-sister had stayed on Coruscant with their mother and so Jacen kept the presence of his grandfather to himself.

Considering who Anakin Skywalker had been Jacen would have decided otherwise on this matter, if their meetings hadn't been so innocent. Most times Anakin talked about his life before he joined the Jedi Order or his first years as Obi-Wan Kenobi's Padawan and Jacen simply listened. They carefully avoided Anakin's time as a servant of the Dark Side of the Force, as well as his later years, when his fall to the Dark Side had started. It was obvious that Anakin wanted to share those memories with somebody who was able to understand him, but also had a certain distance to the events and people he talked about to judge them more objective. Jacen didn't know why, but somehow he suspected, that Anakin would confess the darker parts of his life to somebody else, as soon as he was through with his younger years. But until then he would listen to the stories his grandfather told.

"... so Obi-Wan dropped into this pit full of Gundarks and I had no other choice but to jump behind him. Can you imagine how we smelled, when we finally managed to get out of it?"

"No, I can't." admitted Jacen. "But it doesn't sound like I missed that much!"

"That's true." stated the wraith with a boyish grin. "Call yourself lucky, ..." he stopped speaking. "Somebody is coming."

"Jacen? Are you there?" The twelve year old identified Kam Solusar's voice.

"Jacen?" that was Kilas Telm. "Kam has news for you. Where are you?"

Jacen turned back to his grandfather. "Uhem, I'd better you go now. See you tomorrow." he rose to his feet.

"See you tomorrow." Anakin Skywalker nodded his head in a gesture of good-bye and a moment later he was gone.

"I´m here." he shouted in the direction Kilas and Kam were coming from.

Only seconds later the tall, bulky figure of Kam Solusar and the smaller, slender figure of Kilas Telm appeared among the trees.

"Ah, there you are." stated Kilas with relief.

"Is everything alright?" wanted Kam to know. "I thought I was sensing something through the force."

"Well, I didn't feel anything," answered Jacen with defiance, still not willing to reveal his meetings with his grandfather. "And to answer your question, yes, I'm alright."

A suspicious gleam appeared in the tall mans eyes when he heard the change in Jacen's voice. "Are you sure, Jacen? Not that I don't trust you, but after this business with Exar Kun a few years ago ..."

"I've been there, if you'd be willing to remember. I assure you, there is nothing to worry about."

"If you say so," Kam murmured, still sounding unconvinced.

"Master Solusar, if Jacen says there is nothing to worry about, there is nothing to worry about." Kilas noted.

21. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    And boy do they have a story to tell... Being attacked by Force users. I wonder what A.S. is talking about too.. Guess i have to ask you to leave your life behind to find out.

;) or grow some patience :D

22. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Oh yes, he has a story to tell. We will see it happening soon enough. This story is now over a year old, but still perhaps only to a quater or a third finished. Fortunately another three years will pass until we will finally see how Anakin "really" turns/turned to the dark Side. Until then we can go with my vision.

Bastion, Capitol of the Imperial Remnant

Admiral Pellaeon looked briefly over the other seven men present at the meeting. Moff Saretti, as Moff of Bastion their host, Moff Bemos, Moff Andray, Moff Hort, Moff Harrosk, Moff Leyt and Director of Intelligence Vest. Three of the "old" guard, who had already been in their positions, when they had signed the peace-treaty with the New Republic two years ago as well as the Director of Intelligence and three new people. Saretti, who was now in the position of the late Moff Disra as Governor of the Bratanx-Sector, as well as Harrosk and Leyt, who were ruling the majority of the eight hundred worlds that had returned into the Empires open arms after the treaty.

Considering that on the other side three hundred worlds had left the empire, the balance of power among the Moffs had shifted. Harrosk was in control of over two-hundred-seventy-two major worlds, a little more than a third of the eight-hundred returners, Leyt controlled two-hundred-forty-eight worlds, while the rest had been divided over the remaining eight sectors. Which meant that the opinions of those two would sooner or later weigh very heavily on every decision to be made. For now they were still occupied with the re-integration of the worlds in their sectors and the efforts to bring them on imperial standards, but Pellaeon was sure that he would need an eye on them.

It was time to start the meeting.

"Gentlemen," he started. "I'm sure you are all aware of the situation outside the Empire. After more than twenty years absence from the main galactic stage, one of the founding-fathers of the better part of the Imperial order and philosophy has returned. You all know who it is I am describing. Raal Lordaq, former Republic Senator, Imperial Field-Marshall, Grand Moff of the Outer Rim and during all that time Ruler of his home-sector, the Therilias-Autarcy. A territory still twice as big as our own as far as we know, if not much larger. Nobody knows what he and his minions did there over the last forty years. Now it seems he and the New Republic will be at war with each other and the question is: What will we do?"

"Wasn't Lordaq invited by you just a few weeks prior?" wanted Moff Bemos to know.

"Yes, he was. I wanted to talk to him about the possibility of him and his sector joining the empire again." answered Pellaeon with a calm voice.

"I doubt that to be a good idea," stated Andray. "If that happens Lordaq would become the dominating man of this council, if he keeps it at all, considering the resources he controls."

Pellaeon registered the concerned look Leyt and Harrosk exchanged.

"The old warhawk would eat us for lunch," muttered Hort, who had been a Lieutenant during Lordaq's core-campaign.

"As long as the Empire benefits from it, nothing of this concerns me," Pellaeon made clear.

He wasn't surprised to see the reactions of the political leaders of the Empire. They didn't want to loose their power and since some of them were more or less corrupt, there would be no place for them in a government dominated by a man like Lordaq. He wasn't sure what was to be made out of the events of the last weeks, but as far as he was concerned Lordaq couldn't be worse than this council of bickering and feuding politicians, who spent most of their time watching each other and making sure that their colleagues didn't became to powerful.

"Of course, since you think you have nothing to worry about," accused Bemos. "You will bow before the man, like you did before Thrawn and Vader and he will say "Nice to meet you, Admiral, may I offer you a fleet to command, you know GOOD commanders are always needed, blablabla" and everybody lives happily aft

23. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    A wise course of action. Loving this and keep those updates coming!

24. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    What a week.

First my PC goes down on Tuesday and doesn´t stand up, where i live we have thirty degrees celsius and when i finally get the bloody thing running after three days again, i have to find out, that i have been temporarily banned for using a profanity somewhere. Not to mention, that i lost the last part (four sites) of the "Colliding"-Story without safety-copy.

Sorry, but because of that you have to wait a bit longer for updates.

25. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Update! Update! Doing the happy dance.

Enjoy!!!

Pellaeon watched the Moffs leave the conference-room. Only Saretti and Director Vest stayed and the old Admiral threw a curious look at them.

"Yes?" He asked. "Is there something else?"

"Depends," stated Saretti. "Some things mentioned in this meeting make me wonder. One should think you would gladly accept every help offered to you, if you start a war."

"That is something I don't understand, too," Pellaeon admitted. "Before and after his visit on Bastion I studied everything known about Lordaq and I reached only one conclusion: The man doesn't think like everybody else. But everything he did showed sooner or later to be well thought out, so it's safe to assume, that he has a good reason to want us to stay out of this war."

"Maybe." admitted Vest. "But what I don't understand is his ultimatum to the New Republic. The way it was formulated was simply unacceptable for the New Republic. Under no circumstances would they have agreed to it."

"Not necessarily. Their political leadership isn't as strong as it seems. Before this war the greatest potential crisis has been this Trade-Act with outside systems. A dozen systems have already left the New Republic and since this ultimatum hundreds more have requested secret negotiations for protection by the Empire or immediate membership," explained Saretti.

Hearing this Pellaeon's head turned around sharply. After the first wave of returnees after the peace-treaty the new growth of the Imperial remnant had slowed down to numbers between twenty or thirty new members per year, despite all their efforts. Nothing he as Supreme Commander of the Imperial forces had to waste his attention to. That was business of the Moffs and would only appear in the monthly update as a sidenote of the current status of the Empire's condition.

"What?" he barked. Seeing the surprised looks of Saretti and Vest he lowered his voice. "My apologies, but could you please repeat your last sentence?"

"I said more than hundreds of systems have requested secret negotiations for protection or immediate membership." repeated Saretti.

"How many exactly?"

Saretti had to think about that for a moment. "More than seven-hundred, if I remember correctly."

"Actually eight-hundred-thirteen by now." added Vest.

"Eight-hundred-thirteen." Pellaeon dropped back in his seat. For a few moments he was silent, but then Saretti and Vest were surprised by the sight of a chuckling Supreme Commander.

"Care to share the reason of your serenity with us." dared Vest to ask.

"I do." answered Pellaeon, before he continued to chuckle. "Just a moment please." After a minute or so he finally became silent and turned back to the two other men. "That is the answer."

"Answer to what?" wanted Saretti to know.

"Why Lordaq doesn't want our help. And the answer to this obviously failed ultimatum. We were all concentrating on the wrong part."

"Wrong part? I don't think I understand." admitted Vest. "I can't remember a second part at all."

"I think I do," stated Saretti slowly. "What the Supreme Commander wants to explain is, that the important part for us wasn't in the ultimatum, but in the warning that followed."

"The warning that followed? You mean ..."

"It is not our intention to hurt the innocent. If it comes to war, we will spare every planet, that has left the New Republic, declares to be neutral or is otherwise allied." cited Pellaeon. "Otherwise allied. And who is left besides the Autarcy or the New Republic to ally with?"

"Us," answered Saretti.

"I still can't understand the why. Why is he strengthening OUR position?" Vest queried. As Director of Imperial Intelligence Vest was incapable of believing in pure altruism.

"Because it's not strengthening our position, but weakening the New Republic in the first place. The populations of many worlds are simply tired of war or unsatisfied with the central government. He has simply offered them an easy way to escape a new war." Ag

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.