main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors (Thrawn, Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by FTeik, Nov 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Come on, don´t be shy.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Commenting seems to be slow. Not fair. Especially for those of us who spend their working lives writing stories.

3. Enigma_X

Enigma_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm still reading... just being quiet.

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Happy New Year everyone!

5. Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2001
    happy new year too you all too. Sorry i haven't replied to your question F. I think Lord Raal Lordaq wants all ppl to have the level of prosparety (sp?) and peace the citizens of his Therilias-Autarcie have.

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Thank you all for your comments and your patience.

After a close look at the calendar, i´m forced to realize, that nearly one month has passed since the last update. Christmas, New Year, Tom Clancy´s "Armoured Cavalry" and Clausewitz´s "About War" have conspired against me. Again thank you for your patience.

So enough of me and on with the story:

Union of the Empires greatest Warriors

Luke Skywalker was sitting behind the console for the navigator in the cockpit of the ?Jades Fire?. He had been calculating a number of new hyperspace-routes that could be used to shorten the time of travel to the Jedi-Academy at Yavin IV. He could have done the same from the station of the pilot, but that was Maras place and at the moment the Jedi-Master wasn´t interested in adding additional fuel to his wifes ire.

The ?Jades Fire? should have reached Yavin IV five hours ago.

Instead the ship was drifting through space somewhere between Almania and Wayland.

The spare-part they had obtained at the space-station had lasted for three-thousand lightyears and then broken down. Mara, who had felt responsible had suggested, that he should try to set a new course, while she would take care of the necessary repairs. Instead he had offered to help her, since he was the better mechanic of them, but Mara had gently shoved him out of the maintainance-section. Gently, but determinated.

Even without the force, he had known her long enough to know, that she felt embarrassed. After all, it had been her, who had bargained with the port-master for the now broken part. Adding her need for independence and it didn´t came as a surprise, that he was going to spent some time on the bridge, while his wife was looking after the engine.

So Luke had retreated with a resigned sign into the cockpit, where he had programmed the nav-computer with a number of new parameters for their next jump into hyperspace. Since he knew from experience that such repairs took their time the Jedi-Master had tried to get comfortable in his seat and started to take a nap.

When he awoke he realised with surprise, that seven hours had passed. ?Must be getting old.? he thought. He could feel that Maras embarrassment and annoyment had turned into barely concealed fury. He made a last look over the new jump-calculations to confirm, that they were alright, took a deep breath and left the bridge of the ?Jades Fire? to face the inevitable.

Stepping trough the entrance to the engine-room Luke Skywalker barely managed to step out of the flight-path of a force-fully thrown object he identified as a hydrospanner. The tool hit the wall to his side and dropped to the floor with a loud ?clunk?.

Mara Jade-Skywalker was standing to the hips inside the mechanical guts of her ship, where the deckplates had been removed. Her bare arms were covered with engine-grease, while her hair formed an angry cloud of red and her green eyes were blazing like laserfire. Her ribcage was trembling from the deep breaths she was taking.

To Luke it was one of the most beautiful sights he had ever seen.

?I´ll kill that retarded piece of scum, ... ?

?Mara.?

?... this left-over of ...?

?Mara!?

?... a womp-rat, this ...,?

?MARA.? The Jedi-Master was sure he knew, who the subject of his wifes genuine attention was. Fortunately for the miserable creature there was a several hundred lightyears wide gap between him and Mara Jade-Skywalker.

?What?? she snapped.

?Hey, its me, Luke, remember.? he scolded with amusement. He could afford it, since he wasn´t the target of the wrath of the former emperors hand. And while anger was of the dark side, it was better to let it out, than to keep it hidden inside. And Mara was still bad at meditating.

?Haven´t i told you to plot a new course, while i would take care of our hyperdrive-motivator??

?That was seven hours ago.? stated Luke Skywalker with a calm voice.

?Seven hours.? Mara shouted in disbelief. ?I really lost track of time.? She climbed out of the opening in the floor and sat down. ?When should we have reached Y

7. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    you could say only her arms where covered in enginegrease but thats unlikely imho.. But still a nice update. And you'll probably know what i want (if not: GIMME MORE ;))

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Blue-grey painting...

Im stumped, Ill take a guess and say some book in the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy.

9. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  10. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Seems i pressed the wrong button.

Up, i say.

11. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Finally updated "The tale of Darth Vaders Son".

See you.

12. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Looking forward to the next update.

13. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
  14. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
  15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *bumps head on topic*

Up it goes.

I hate this spamblock thing! Grrrr!

16. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    If everything goes alright, there should be an update on Sunday.

17. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    As promised here is the next part of this small story (god, i´m funny, am i?). Although it isn´t as long as other updates i have written, i hope you´ll enjoy it.

Two to three other updates and we´ll have a lot of action again. A lot of action - and the return of a hero.

The shuttle lacked the elegance of the almost fragile, tri-winged design of CygnusSpaceWorks Lambda-Class. Instead it was a blocky, box-like vessel of dull-grey colour with only small view-ports. A look at the interior and its engines would have confirmed the impression of utilitism. Oversized engines, meter-thick armour-plates, that covered the original hull and an impressive weapons-array for such a small vessel on the one side, narrow space and spartan equipment on the other side confirmed, that the owner of the vessel hadn´t been interested in comfort, but in performance and his own security. And while the last two weren´t out of the norm for members of the species the owner of the shuttle belonged to, the desinterest in comfort clearly was.

But Croma Etruski-Koi wasn´t a normal hutt.

And while the mind of the hutt-mercenary was focused on other things than comfort, his ?guest? seemed eager NOT to miss an opportunity to voice his complains.

?Why couldn´t we use my shuttle.? quacked Bluubo Giveriik-Sui.

The representant of the hutt-clans was sitting in a corner of the small passenger-section of Croma´s shuttle. ?It is impossible to breath inside this coffin."

?And risk my safety as Nal Hutta´s protector?? asked Croma with mild sarcasm. ?I haven´t survived this long, because i´ve been careless.? The gigantic hutt with the blue eyes turned back to his note-padd.

Shifting the bulk of his bloated body around Bluubo was silent for a moment. But only for a moment.

?Don´t you have any refreshments aboard? I´m hungry.? he stated with hope in his voice.

Croma looked up from his note-padd. ?No.?

?But why?? whined Bluubo.

? I use this vessel only for short trips inside a system. Besides you have had your last meal less than an hour ago, so stop complaining.?

Disappointed Bluubo closed his mouth. Silently he cursed Croma, the universe, his situation, the leaders of the other clans and everything he might have forgotten. What had he done, to deserve this fate?

It had been very humilitating for Bluubo to confess to his peers, that Croma was willing to organize the defenses of their world, but had insisted on extra-payment, while the juwels the hutts had offered as payment had been taken as a gift. As punishment, for his unwillingness and cowardice to negotiate the issue with Croma, they had decided to make Bluubo their liason to the mercenary. If they had to spent that much of extra-money, they wanted to know first-hand, what it was spent for.

After a few moments Blubbo´s curiosity took the better of him and he leaned forward. ?May i ask, what you are reading on this note-padd??

Croma lifted his gaze and let his gaze tore into the eyes of the other hutt. Under the look of the cold, blue eyes of the mercenary Bluubo couldn´t help himself, but shudder.

?Bluubo.? Croma said slowly. ?Over the last centuries i have seen a lot of things, but a member of our own species doing a walk in the vacuum of space without a space-suit would be a premiere. Don´t tell me, you are volunteering for such an honour.?

?No, no.? hurried Bluubo to explain. ?I´m really not interested.?

?Fine.? Croma nodded his huge head. ?Just as i thought. So why don´t you just SHUT UP or i´ll give in to the temptation.?

The rest of the flight towards Nar´Shadda was done in peaceful silence.

---

Nar Shadda was the moon of the planet Nal Hutta. While Nal Hutta was the living world of the hutts, Nar Shadda was the world, where they did business. So while on the ?Glorious Juwel? only hutts and their servants were allowed, Nar Shadda bristled with billions of life-forms, that belonged to thousands of species.

The moon was big enough to contain its own atmosphere. Resembling Coruscant by the

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Good chapter. I still can't get my head around a militant Hutt, but its great to get chapters from their point of view. It will help with my next story where one of the primary villains is a Hutt. Anyway, I see Colliding right above this post. Will have to look and see if you have a double surprise for us.

19. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    ?Part of my surprise for the forces of the Therilias-Autarcy should they show up in our system and try to mess with our business. That and another , how shall i say, piece of equipment.?

Now if only i knew what that could be.... (walks away poundering)

20. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The tale of Darth Vader´s Son".

See you.

21. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Updated "The Colliding of Empires" (small one).

See you and have a nice week.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Lets give this a nice bump up!

23. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    If this would be a story during the NJO, if i would follow the official "character"-development of this series and if it would be Han talking with Jacen, i would call this a nice father-daughter-conversation.

But fortunately, this is the "Union of the Empires greatest Warriors", its a piece of fan-fiction and Han is talking with Anakin.

On the other side its only a small update. Dark Clouds are forming at the horizon and i didn´t wanted to put that into the same post.

So here it is. The next part of the

The blue-grey tunnel of light turned back into the familiar darkness of space as the ?Falcon? dropped out of hyperspace. Inside the freighters cockpit Han Solo managed to surpress a sigh of relief. Against all odds they had made it with their battered ship. The hyperdrive was finished, as well as the back-up, but the device from the combined parts of both engines had lasted long enough to carry them to Yavin.

The smuggler turned to the person in the right seat. ?Didn´t i told you we would make it?? he asked with a grin.

?I knew that from the beginning.? answered Anakin, who occupied Chewbacca´s seat since the wookiee was having an eye on their prisoner. ?It was close, but the hyperdrive lasted long enough.? the ten year old smiled. ?So you can stop acting.?

Han´s expression turned sour. For several hours now he had made a show of being in a good mood, of being optimistic. To tell the truth he had seriously doubted, that they would reach Yavin IV at all. Had it been only him and Chewbacca Han would have allowed the stress and tension he was feeling to show. The stress, the tension and the fear.

Especially the fear.

Han had been in a lot of situations, where escape or mere survival had seemed to be impossible. Despite that the corellian smuggler and his friend had made it. But deep down inside of Han Solo there was a tiny voice, a voice which had grown stronger over the years and with his advancing age. A voice, that reminded Han Solo, that sooner or later his luck (which would have lasted for the life-time of an entire shipload of ordinary people) would run out, that fate would restore the balance Hans continued existence had unsettled.

But he couldn´t express such feelings and emotions in front of his son. Not when Anakin was still so young. Young and faithful, that everything would be alright in the end. His child would have to learn soon enough, that not always things turned out right in the end. But Han would give his best to protect his son as long as possible from that knowledge. And by protecting Anakin he would be protecting himself.

Funny, that it had been obviously all for nothing.

Damned force-business.

?You could have told me.? he accused, half-joking, half-angry. ?I´m trying to create a good atmosphere for you, while in reality i´m sweating blood and water and you, with those force-powers of yours, you see through me and have your fun making your old man believe, that his efforts are sucessful.?

?I´m sorry, dad.? Anakin had turned serious. ?I wasn´t trying to fool you. I greatly appreciate, what you were trying to do. And while i knew, what you were really feeling, i didn´t dare to end your charade. I needed to believe it too. Can you forgive me??

Han saw his sons lip tremble. The child had obviously only recognized his anger. Despite everything Anakin was still a ten year old, force-powers or not. And somehow this thought was a comforting one for Han. So he put his hand on Anakins shoulder.

?Of course i forgive you.? he said in the most gentle voice. ?You´re my son and i love you. Never doubt that.?

24. Grim_Reaper

Nov 18, 2001
    Nice interaction. Gimme more though.. this was appriciated but a tad short.

(sorry bout making it seem its never enough.. I just like it a lot)

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    LOL Reaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.