main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Union's Shadow" - L/M, L/H, More - Sequel to Emperor's Shadow - Update 28/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Title: Union's Shadow
    Author(s): RedGold
    Timeframe: During the Union comics
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Leia, Han, the kids, Rogues, Karrde and co, Corellians, Jedi, everyone really.
    Genre: Canon, Romance, Drama, a little Angst
    Keywords: Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, marriage, wedding, Union comics, romance, angst, drama
    Summary: In this adaptation of the Union comics, Luke and Mara are to wed, but shadows cast themselves across the couple. Will they ever know piece? Sequel to Emperor's Shadow but can be read seperate.

NOTE ONE: This is a direct adaptation of the Union comics, but anyone who has read a comic adaptation of a book, many things are left out, so I will be adding in at least two new story plots and, erm, fixing some issues that some of us have with the comics. Yes ginchy, Luke's hair will not be slicked back, I promise. ;) I've also taken the liberty to change things around a bit to serve my needs, but I will try to keep it as close to canon as I can.

Often though I will be writing directly from the comic, even stealing a line or two, and I'm not one to not give credit where it is due, and I will post such dialouge lines in blue.

NOTE TWO: I am happy to do PM updates for my story as I tend to post randomly. If you wish to be PM'd regularly, just ask!

I will be PM'ing everyone who requested to be notified when the sequel was up, but I will not assume that means that you want to be PM'd in general, so please state if you wish to receive update PM's.

CONTENTS:

Page 1 - Prologue
    Page 2 - Chapter 1
    Page 3 - Chapter 2
    Page 4 - Chapter 3

Thanks for reading! [:D]

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Here is the Prologue, and to some it might look familiar, and that is because I used this to write a fic for a friend and I needed some material, quickly. So I took what I had already written for Union and used it for that short vig. This is it in its original form.

I'll also send out the PM's, but there are lots, so if I miss you, I apologize!

Prologue

?I?m not sure if I trust this craft,? Luke mumbled under his breath, eyeing some of the controls that were labelled in what he assumed was the Chiss language.

?I know I don?t trust it,? Mara commented from beside him.

He tapped at a gauge, ?I?m pretty sure this is the inertial dampeners.?

?Good call,? she nodded then motioned to a panel, ?and I believe this is the weapon system.?

?Let?s hope we don?t have to use that.?

?Would make for a nice change,? she smirked.

It would make for a change considering that for the past month or so he and Mara had infiltrated an Imperial stronghold that was created by Thrawn himself. They almost died, more than once, but in the end they came out stronger, not to mention engaged.

Engaged?

Luke stared at Mara out of the corner of his eye. She was such a beautiful woman, a firebrand, a wild animal and now he had set himself up the task of taming her. Insanity did run in the Skywalker family? had to.

?Okay, everything looks in the green,? she turned to him, ?but I think one of us should be at the controls at all times, just in case.?

?Sound plan,? Luke made a show of getting comfortable, ?so why don?t you sleep and I?ll take first watch.?

?You sure??

He nodded and waved her off gently, ?I have the Force to aid me if needs be.?

?Okay then,? she released her crash webbing and looked over the controls again.

?Good night,? he smiled at her, not afraid to let his care and affection for her show.

Awkwardly she smiled back, perhaps a tint of shock on her features. He could only imagine how hard this was for her, to finally admit to feelings she had long ago buried. It wouldn?t be easy to break out of the content that was her isolated self. He?d just have to help her.

?Good night,? she turned to leave but he caught her hand.

Luke stood and carefully pulled her into an embrace, kissing her lips gently with his love for her. Her body tensed in his arms but she made no move to push him away. Eventually she relaxed and laid her head on his shoulder once they had to breathe.

?Luke,? she said into his shoulder.

?Yes??

?Are we doing the right thing??

He knew what she meant, but wanted to make sure, ?You mean the engagement??

?Yeah,? she pulled back to look at him. ?We only just shared our second kiss.?

?I love you,? summed it all up, but he clarified, ?but engagements don?t have to be short. We can wait till you?re ready.?

?I have so much to learn about being emotionally open,? she lowered her eyes, ?it might take me some time.?

He lifted her chin with one finger, smiling at her gently, ?First lesson: accept that you?re not alone anymore and you don?t have to do this alone.?

?I think that?s the hardest lesson to learn,? she said sadly, but there was a promise of a smirk on her lips.

?And in the same respect? the easiest.? He pulled her close again, giving another loving kiss and having it returned.

As her lips left his she pressed them together, licking them tightly, ?So, this is what I have to look forward to from now on??

?That and so much more,? he grinned.

?Good,? she leaned in and pecked him on the corner of his mouth and shyly turned and made her way to back to the sleeping berth.

Luke seriously considered joining her but in an alien vessel and the Empire of the Hand more than likely right behind them, he had to be practical. So instead he went back to the controls of the ship, keeping an eye out for any signs that the ship was going to drop out of the sky and kill them both. As he leaned back and placed his hands behind his head, he marvelled at the whole situation that he had found himself in.

Less than a

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, I loved the Union comic, but was left hungry for more! :D Please include me on the PM list! [face_praying]

You're off to a great start! =D=

4. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I've never read the Union comic (twelve dollars for a skinny lil' comic book? Yes... no.), but this looks good. There isn't enough L/M around anymore.

Please do keep me on the Pm list. :D

5. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh, this is the beginning of a beautiful story. I can't wait for more. As I know you, there'll be lots of angst. [face_worried]

Oh, I'm so excited about this! :D

DOn't forget to PM me, please.

6. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Awesome, an angsty ending to the prolouge...i'm in. i can't wait for more. please keep me in the PM list!!

7. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    ?What,? the Corellian grinned, ?you think she would have admitted she loved me if I wasn?t going to be made into the galaxies most handsome wall decoration?? [face_laugh]

Classic! I'll be watching this with great interest ;)

Kat

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Hooray! What a great start.

Nodding he pulled her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm, ?Have I told you how much I love you today??

[face_love] Aww. Lovely!!

Please add me to your PM list. I can't wait to read more!

9. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006

He lifted her chin with one finger, smiling at her gently, ?First lesson: accept that you?re not alone anymore and you don?t have to do this alone.?

?I think that?s the hardest lesson to learn,? she said sadly, but there was a promise of a smirk on her lips.

?And in the same respect? the easiest.? He pulled her close again, giving another loving kiss and having it returned.

As her lips left his she pressed them together, licking them tightly, ?So, this is what I have to look forward to from now on??

?That and so much more,? he grinned.

Can't wait for the next lesson;)

Great start=D=

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Yes ginchy, Luke's hair will not be slicked back, I promise.

:D [face_dancing]

LOL! Thanks! ;)

Yay! Its beginning--and somehow it seems familiar... [face_thinking] [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more L/M mush. :D

11. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    [face_dancing]

Why just this morning I was bemoaning the fact that this hadn't started yet!

So woo hoo!

And I must say, my very favortie thing about fanfic is that it gives us a chance to correct the mistakes made in profic...one of which was Union not being longer and mushier.

I'm not sure if I asked to be included on the PM list already...but please do include me if I haven't.

Preggers

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Never read Union either. Seemed like a waste of money to me.

But, my dear Red, if this is gonna have a lot of Union in it I guess I can get to read it in the most awesome way possible (a RedGold fic) :D

This sequel has been too long in the making. Looking forward to the next update.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gorgeous!!!!! Mara's early ambivalence, vulnerability & honesty are realistic to her nature, as is Luke's joy of her and not wanting to rush her. :* I can't imagine that the shadow Darius casts is simply just that of a past love. There has to be more to it than that. [face_thinking]
    Please, please I must be on your PM list too. This is going to be beautiful, and wonderful, I can already tell. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

14. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    So why could he not shake the feeling of a shadow falling over their union? And why did this shadow already have a name? Darius.

Well, this could be interesting. o_O [face_thinking]

=D=

Defiantly PM me when you update.

15. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    yay! a new story by RedGold. :D
    count me in for the PMs.

;) paige

16. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    I sure have been waiting for this story! I always thought that "Union" read like an outline. I really felt bad for the author because he had written a complete novel and was not allowed to have it published. Read somewhere that Lucas Publishing wanted to start the NJO later in the timeline. I thought to myself, how could very just pass over Luke Skywalker's wedding like it was a footnote.:confused: I had to stop a remember who Darius was and now that this has started, I will go back and review "Emperor' Shadow". I think I already asked, but could you place me on your PM list? Thanks@};-

17. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    good =D= story has not even begun, but already there are bad people in :cool:

update list PM would make me very happy 8-}

18. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wonderful start to the story.
    HA! Dream on, Farmboy!

Great job.

I would like to be added to the PM list, please.

AG88

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    JediFlySwatter posted: I sure have been waiting for this story! I always thought that "Union" read like an outline. I really felt bad for the author because he had written a complete
    novel and was not allowed to have it published. Read somewhere that Lucas Publishing wanted to start the NJO later in the timeline. I thought to myself,
    how could very just pass over Luke Skywalker's wedding like it was a footnote.

[face_frustrated] :mad:
    & I like Stackpole, too. A full length novel would have been the bomb!!!
    So, I'm really glad you're giving us this ... gift. [:D] :)

20. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay, part two is here!

?What,? the Corellian grinned, ?you think she would have admitted she loved me if I wasn?t going to be made into the galaxies most handsome wall decoration??
    I [face_love] Han

Can't wait for the next post...

21. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Happy, happy, joy joy [face_dancing]. Great start. I never read the union comic books because, well, I don't read comics. But if I did, I'd tell you you're doing a great job! Not only that, but you're staying within the canno perfectly. I could see this as a sequal to VOTF as much as to Emperor's Shadow. Great start!

22. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    great start, i'd like pm please

23. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This rocks! OMG, RedGold this is gonna get GOOD.
    I can't wait for more. Keep me on the PM list, please!

Courtney @};- Solo

24. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    ooh! ooh! Me! I want to be on the PM list, please. Wonderful beginning, can't wait for more. :)

LOL Moment:

?What,? the Corellian grinned, ?you think she would have admitted she loved me if I wasn?t going to be made into the galaxies most handsome wall decoration??

Well done! =D=

25. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    oooh oooh oooh

Ok...I have to reread the old stuff...first its been too long...i'll bookmark this and read later :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.