main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Union's Shadow" - L/M, L/H, More - Sequel to Emperor's Shadow - Update 28/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Excellent work!=D= I love how you fleshed out those small scenes from Union. This is going to be a fun read. I can't wait for the next update!

Great job!!

AG88

2. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    You know, the books just messed the whole Luke/Mara thing up. They really did. I'm glad there are writers like you who can come along and just for the sheer joy of it fill in the gaps.

Great job. I can't wait to read more.

3. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    nice inside views from everybody... especially Ghent..[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Hope that next installment won't take as long as this[face_praying]

4. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Thanks for the PM. And for the absence of birds in ch.1, too. It was so OOC, I used to wonder what exactly Luke had done to make Mara so Snow-White-like.o_O Must be the endorphins.
    Nice expansion on the different characters and their reactions to the news, specially Lando's.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    These scenes made me chuckle: the ones with the Solo kids; the Rogues and Wedge and Iella. :D
    These made my mush aw-meter go off: between Corran and Mirax and Kam and Tionne. [face_love]
    The one with Talon was my fave for two reasons: first, he has a date (bet it's Shada! :) ) and second, his reflections on Mara's and Luke's mutual dance of attraction and denial. [face_laugh]

Did really love this! [:D] [face_dancing]

6. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Hey!!! An update!!!

I love all the bits and pieces from their friends - this is something that not many people do, and I really like it.

Ah, did we see the villain their at the end????

Good job,

TnTornado

P.S. If I'm not on the PM list please add me.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! It was great seeing the various reactions to what must be the wedding of the century! :D

"It would have been nice to have them wed here," Tionne commented as she and her husband walked through the Jedi Academy on Yavin. "Why are you chuckling?"

Kam turned to his wife and smiled at her, "I'm just remembering a year ago when Mara stood in this very training hall and denied her Jedi heritage at the same time giving one of the best lessons in Jedi combat that these walls have ever seen."

"Ah, yes, you told me about that," Tionne smiled, "poor Skidder."

"She's finally accepted what she is in the Force," he gave a sigh of relief.

"And Master Skywalker has finally accepted what she is to him," a light laugh drifted from her lips.

"When you are ready," he echoed the old Master's words, "you will know."

"This will be a wonderful celebration of light."

That was my favorite part. [face_love]

=D=

8. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Huzzah! A new chapter! *does happy dance* [face_dancing]

A man sat at his desk doing something important while the holovid played on and finished. His head snapped up and he had the strange feeling that he had missed something.
    Oh well, someone would tell Ghent eventually... usually...

[face_laugh] That was sooooo awesome--I laughed out loud at work. I also liked Talon's observations and the Rogues were classic.

"Hey," Wes Janson came over as Hobbie went to caf machine, "have you gotten the news?"
    "Yeah," Gavin tipped his datapad forward, "I really like the way they handle at top speed."
    The pilot stared at him and blinked, "If we are talking about the same thing then I so do not want to know how you know that."

And a mysterious cliffie ending...[face_thinking]

9. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Great post! Loved it!

(And LOL about your reply to mine. :p )

10. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Loved the Rogues discussing pilots vs. ships. :D

Excellent work yet again and I loved how you covered all the little groups of friends...and even Ghent. Thanks for sharing.

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I like all your expanisons and additions ;) So much more complete than the comics...

hehe

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    That was entirely too much fun!! :D LOVED all the different POVs ? ?specially since the big announcement and subsequent reactions were completely left out of VotF, LOL.

"Hey," Wes Janson came over as Hobbie went to caf machine, "have you gotten the news?"

"Yeah," Gavin tipped his datapad forward, "I really like the way they handle at top speed."

The pilot stared at him and blinked, "If we are talking about the same thing then I so do not want to know how you know that."

:eek: [face_laugh] I think I sprained something laughing there!

Admiral Parck and Baron Soontir Fel sat with several Chiss at a large table, the old pilot shutting down the holonet fed once the conference turned into a media frenzy.

"Well, that explains a few things..."

Again ? [face_laugh]

Awesome update! ;)

13. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    This update was hilarious. [face_laugh] Everyone's POV from their learning about Luke and Mara's engagement/wedding brought such a smile to my face. You really captured all their quirks and personalities. The Rogues are always so roguish, Wedge and Iella were cute, and poor Ghent has missed it all. [face_blush] I loved Corran's thoughts about how he knew something was up since that moment in "I, Jedi" about Mara asking him to look out for Luke. I've always thought that way about how even then (and earlier) there was that connection. The last sentence was very ominous. I expect you're going to be getting your Evilness up and running very, very soon. ;) [face_devil]

Wonderful and lot's of fun! =D=

14. ikarit

ikarit Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2006
    New reader here! Had to read all of the previous fic first, but now I'm getting through this and I have to say I loved all the reactions in the latest chapter! I always wanted to know more reactions than were shown, and I finally got them. And they were perfect! Loved Parck's and Fel's reaction. "Well, that explains a lot." LOL! So hilarious.

Please add me to your PM list!

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005

[face_laugh] Too funny! Perfect banter.

I loved how Wedge called Syal his "little pilot." Iella and Wedge have some great moments there. (Always like those two.)

And my boy Ghent! So glad to see him getting some more screen time, especially since he wasn't in Union at all. I've grown to love that blue-haired goofball.

Terrific update, RedGold. Love how you've kept true to all of these different characters. It's funny how everyone seemed to know they were meant for each other but Luke & Mara. [face_love]

16. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Nice job expanding 'the announcement.' Loved everyone's reaction. Well, except for those couple mystery people you stuck in.

17. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    Lovely post RedGold! I loved everyone talking about Luke and Mara.

=D=

18. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Do love the chatter between everyone, but wonder about Darius. Of course he will show up. Won't he? Love those uninvited guests. Adds excitment to a party. Great job as always and thanks.@};-

19. Ice-Queen

Ice-Queen Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2006
    Wow! This is one awesome story! :D

Great job, RedGold! Keep up the good work! ;)

By the way, add me to the PM list, please!

20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Hey RedGold! I just stopped by to ask nicely (ok, plead) for an update! Pretty please?

21. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    How did I miss this? :eek:

Yet another great piece of writing, Red! I'm curious to see how you'll tie this with Emperor's Shadow. :)

Darius! Yes... [face_mischief] Lukie has no idea of what he's going to face - Mara's ghosts.

22. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    so, so true.

;)
    paige

23. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    maggy - yes, it is the wedding of the decade! I thought that the comic could have had a lot more fun with this scene...

Jade_Pilot - Oh yes, that was one of my favorite scenes from the comic too! Makes you wonder what happened... [face_thinking]

JadeLotus - The Rogues are great! Oh, look for more L/T once I get into the swing of things!

verybusy - Stackpole would have had so much fun, I'm sure, they would probably have to cut most of it down! And I think Zahn and Stackpole are two of the few authors with some sense in the pro-fics!

gincy - You are to be solely blamed for any and all mush. :p And yes, Lando/Tendra, they will be back and have their own little plot point in this.. just wait!

RebelMom - Thanks!!

flowerbee - Thanks, and I think the Ewoks do make it in the end using teamwork and all those other morality points so promiment in 80s cartoons... hehehehe :)

Spikey - Got to love Ghent, the poor boy!

AG88 - I'll be adding a lot more, hopefully my muse will not abandon me again!

Darth_Marrs - Yeah, the profics where all over the place on this one, I too am happy for the all the wonderful writers on here and make it all better!

tasujad - Um, yeah, sorry about the delay, my muse left, I had to hire another!

Feng_Huang - The birds just made no sense at all... nor did most of the comic, I mean, where was the arguements and questioning about what they were doing that any normal couple has? Granted, they aren't normal... but still???

Jade_eyes - It doesn't say in the comic who Talon's date is... might be Ghent for all we know... [face_laugh]

TnTornado - Nice catch, yes, you saw someone that is definately going to be an issue later on... but who is this person? Could it be the obvious suspects or something more devious? Could I be waving another datapad in front of you? [face_devil]

VaderLVR - I always liked Kam and Tionne as a couple, they always seemed like between them they were probably the 'new wise men'.

Blue_Milkshake - You just can't write the Rogues in a serious way unless there is a battle going on, and even then... :D
    As for the ending [face_whistling]

Courtney_Solo - :D

izzard - Thanks! There will be more from all of these to come.

jade51999 - The comic was good for being just a comic, but seeing as we waited so long for L/M to happen, I wish they could have given us more, so I'm making it myself!

Trace - Makes you wonder why Zahn skipped over ALL of that... [face_thinking]

MirandaFair - Me? Evil? Never... [face_devil] Thanks, glad you liked it, but I suppose I can't get on to you for not updating your story young padawan since I am a taaaaad bit behind... [face_blush]

ikarit - Welcome!! I'm sorry I took so long to post after this last chapter, hope you're still interested!

divapilot - Thank you, and I'll bring Ghent as much as I can, I love that little guy too!! And yes, we all knew it but them and the pro-fic writers apparently... :p

Jedi-2B - What's not to love about ominous omens? [face_whistling] [face_batting]

CommanderK23 - Thanks! :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER - There will be plenty of uninvited guests, but seeing as Darius died as shown in Emperor's Shadow, that one might be a little more tricky... of course that doesn't change the fact he'll cause trouble. :D

Ice-Queen - Thanks!!

MagnusPrimal - Um, my muse quit on me... :( Seriously, she packed up and moved to the Carnary Islands...

Jadie - HI! And yes, Mara's ghosts are tricky and dangerous ones... let's see if they can survive it realitively unscathed...

Ariapaige - And we shall see...

24. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry for the long delay, but my muse left me and the only thing I was able to write was the Last Dance chapters and I'm not sure how I pulled that off myself.

Well, I hope this was worth the wait, it's my attempt to add some realism to the comic and concept of two people getting married...

Enjoy!

Chapter 3

"Well, let's get her into hyperspace," Mara said beside him as he worked the controls of the ship they had borrowed from Karrde since Mara's was now a pile of rubble. Well, by now he'd assume that the Imperials would have cleaned up the mess.

Pulling back on the hyperdrive lever, the stars began to stream until they entered hyperspace and settled into the several hours it was going to take to get back to Coruscant.

"Everything in the green," his soon to be wife threw her arms up and stretched. "I don't know about you, but I'm thinking we need a little bite to eat."

"Sounds good," he agreed, checking his own status, all systems registering fine.

Together they headed back to the galley and fixed up some sandwiches and settled into the small table, nibbling on the food as they discussed various things that would need to be sorted in the next few weeks. She had decided to move to Yavin, so he was going to need a bigger room there, but he had Tionne already sort that out before he left. But then she also needed to sort out her position with Karrde's organization.

"I am going to try to do as much as I can from Yavin," she said between bites, "but I'm going to be needed off planet several times, I can already see that now."

"Face to face business dealings?" he asked, pouring himself another glass of blue milk from the jug.

"Pretty much," she nodded, "some of Karrde's associates are paranoid to say the least."

"It's not going to be too dangerous, I hope?" he asked before he had the good sense to keep that thought to himself.

Mara, to his surprise, only cocked her head to the right slightly and teased, "All we been through and you still worry about me not being able to take care of myself?"

"It's not that," he reached out and took her hand gently in his, "it's just you've always been special to me, and now that I know why, well, I'd really miss you."

"I know," she said quietly, gently stroking her thumb across his hand, "and don't worry, my survival instincts are a bit higher than yours."

He chuckled slightly, "Yeah, that's probably true."

Leaning forward, Mara kissed him gently, "I'm going to be around a long time, someone has to keep you out of trouble."

"That used to be Han's job," he laughed, "but I think I'll like your company better."

"Oh, really?" she raised one eyebrow.

"Marginally," he deadpanned but couldn't hold the straight face for long.

"They will be here in a few hours," Leia placed her hands on her hips, trying best how to sort out this mess, "and they might shoot me on sight."

"Luke loves you like a sister even before he knew you were his sister," her husband dismissed her, "so you might lose a limb but we'll get it reattached."

"This isn't funny," she fought the involuntary twitch of her lips, "if they have already found out about what has happened, they will not be happy at all."

"This is Luke and Mara," Han stood and moved to her, wrapping her up in his strong arms, "they are understanding people, and Jedi, they will accept what's happened and adapt."

"They trusted me," she sighed, burying her head in his chest.

"No," he chuckled, "they got you to do their dirty work and now they are going to have to deal with it."

Sighing, "I hope they enjoyed the peace and quiet while it lasted."

"We'll come out of hyperspace in a few," his wife called from inside the cabin, "I'll meet you in the cockpit."

"Okay," he shouted back as he turned off the shower controls, grabbing a towel to dry off. They knew they had time to spare, so they had found a way to pass the time, unfortunately those certain activities came with their own drawbacks, especially since they were meeting Leia and Han

25. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Awww. Luke's such a sweetie. A wee bit suicidal, but still... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.