main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Union's Shadow" - L/M, L/H, More - Sequel to Emperor's Shadow - Update 28/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    "Who was he kidding, he had been in love since day one practically, he was just too thick headed to figure it out till now."

YES! That line alone is worth a thousand accolades!!! =D=

Yay! An update and a geat one.

Bravo! =D=

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Awesome update!

I'm so glad you put it up!

That last conversations between Luke and Mara was so realistic. Both giving and taking and rationally realizing what they want.

Also loved the bit about two symbols....What a fascinating spin on the comics.!

Nice

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well, you know I love this update. :D I think you wrote Luke just perfectly. And I will be happy to take the credit for any and all mush. ;)

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Luke...he needs to come out with me for a few pints. I'd soon knock some sense into his thick head about how to treat a woman.

Great update Red. So glad you've decided to stop being bad and updated ;)

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Of course things can't be as smooth between them as the comics showed. Darius' presence continues to influence Mara's life, even years after he's gone.

6. izzard

izzard Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    Another great update and well worth the wait. I'm glad that your muse has returned to you, I hope he sticks around for awhile. :)

7. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Great post, hungry for more...

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantab update!! =D= So ... real. You write complicated, conflicted Mara so perfectly, but it doesn't turn me off at all; just makes me love her multiple facets. [:D] Plus, hee!!! It brings out Lukie-boo's nurturing side and that is a definite turn on!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    Glad the muse is back, and hope it camps out in your living room!! [face_laugh] SQUEE! :)

9. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Superb chapter, very credible. Mara's conflict felt very real. And Luke was great in his role, 'know thyself'. =D= If only some profics could learn from this kind of fics...

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Luke had tried to meditate at first, gain guidance form the Force, but it basically told him that it was his love life, he deal with it. Sighing, he did another sit-up, leave him to fall in love with the most difficult woman in the galaxy. Who was he kidding, he had been in love since day one practically, he was just too thick headed to figure it out till now.

She was so strong, but fragile at the same time. He trusted her with his life, but his heart she didn't know what to do with.

[face_love] Loved it! =D=

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Beautiful update. Luke is just the perfect man. [face_love]

AG88

12. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Finally :D .... I really love this update, and as others have said already I Really like Luke actions and what you wrote about him being in love with Mara since the first day. [face_love]

cheers,

VeryBusy

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Luke is so caring and healing here. And Mara is finally able to accept that this is who he is, there is no trick or any strings attached. Still, this is scary for her.

I love how they are trying to find a way to reconcile their love with their pasts. If they work together, they will overcome their adversities.

Lovely update. Nice scene with Han and Leia, too!

14. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    "There is a lot about me that even frightens me," she whispered.

"That just makes you human."

That was a really good line. :) [face_thinking] I think Mara is so used to being a "one-woman" show that she's just not sure how to let Luke in to help. She's so used to relying on herself that he's hard for her to let Luke in.

Speaking of Luke... he reminded me of his mom a lot in this post. :) ;)

Great update! =D=

15. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    This was a marvelous chapter!!! Certainly worth waiting for! (But I hope we won't have to wait so long for the next one. [face_praying])

she whispered, "I can't be a wife, I can't even be a girlfriend."

Here's a little secret, Mara dear: None of us knows how to be a wife before she takes on the job. It's pretty much live and learn. Rest assured in the knowledge that you've made a really great choice in your man.

16. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Welcome back and the post was well worth the wait. Will say one thing about Mara. Since she knows that she is broken at least she can be fixed. That is always the hardest part to admit. Luke....get the super glue and duct tape. Super job and thanks.@};-

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    "I'm broken, Luke, I don't 'work' anymore," she shook her head, "I don't think I ever worked in the first place."

Oh, dear. Mara's so screwed up. I love that! ;)

Great chapter - good on Luke not to cave in as well!

18. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Great new chapter! :D Things are slowly getting to the surface... I wonder how the press will react when they get on-planet. [face_plain] Will there be bloodshed? [face_devil]

19. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I think about this fic often and I'm so happy to see you've updated. :) And this post....wooo whoo! What a doozie <sp?>! Little emotional bombs dropping all over Luke and Mara's personal world. It's enough to make an angst-er go "gah gah." ;) Nope, this isn't going to be a smooth ride. But then again, it never is with you! LOL

"Hey," she drew her shoulders up, "I'll have you know I had an entire party of Capcian's convinced I was a daughter of the Seventh House of Shivran."

He tilted his head. "There are only Six Houses of Shivran."

"Exactly," she said proudly.

Definitely a "laugh-out-loud" part! [face_laugh] With this lovely banter playing off between Luke and Mara...I knew the dramatic goodies would hit eventually.

And with this next part, boy, did they hit!

As much as her future husband was the Jedi Master and bound by his honour, sometimes he just didn't fight fair. "Who's Darius?"

She tried to maintain her composure, but the grin dropped from her lips as the pit in her stomach grew larger, "Where did you get that name?"

"From you," he leaned forward slightly, "during our bond, though I know I've heard it before that but I can't remember exactly when."

Eeep! I loved the line saying while Luke was a Jedi Master, etc... he sometime's didn't fight fairly. I believe that could be a given with quarrels between loved ones. They're loved ones so it makes for easier "forgivings." However, I'm unsure what will go on from here since that was a low blow even though Luke didn't know any better.

She loved Palpatine, in a way, he was her master, and he had betrayed her, tormented her, used her, and at the time she never once thought she was wronged in any way.

She loved Darius, and she shot him, shot to kill, instead of just letting him run, taking the heat for her inactivity in the matter.

And now there was Luke, both a master and a lover. She knew he would never treat her as Palpatine did, nor would he suffer the same fate as Darius, but knowing something and acting upon it where two different things.

Perhaps this had been a bad idea...

No, No! It's still a wonderful idea. Just be honest with Luke!

I love the passage up above. Luke is the combination of master and lover but he only has Mara's best interests in mind. Very insightful!

This was an update that made my night! [:D]

20. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    i´m intrigued anew! i really want to find out what happened with this Darius person. keep up the great work RedGold!

;) paige

21. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Check out the fic 'Emperor's Shadow.' Great story.

22. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    What did he do wrong? He seemed pretty concerned and understanding to me, or he was attempting to be.

Great story RedGold. Thanks for the pm.

23. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    I never read the comics - I'm enjoying this!

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Awesome update! It's really a treat to see this part of their story filled-out. :D

With that, he brushed past her and palmed the release, the door opening quietly. Before it shut, she whispered, "I can't be a wife, I can't even be a girlfriend."

"You can be the woman I love," he returned just as softly before the door clicked shut, the whirring of motors echoing through the silence till she heard his footsteps fade away.

Point to Luke! :cool: I love that man. [face_love]

(Mara - girlfriend - get over the damaged act. It really doesn't become you. :p)

More? Soon? Please? [face_batting]

[EDIT] I forgot to pimp the Luke/Mara fanfic Index. ;) Send in this fic...if you haven't already. :D

25. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    I agree with everything Trace said, if Mara would just let Luke help her she would heal, and heal alot faster then if she just keeps doing what she is doing.

Good update,

TnTornado

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.