main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unique Aspects of Each Saga Episode

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Articulate, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought it would be fun to name off some unique aspects to each episode in the saga.

TPM - Only Episode to revolve entirely around a small stakes battle.

AOTC - Only Episode to pan up from the opening crawl

ROTS - Only Episode to start it's crawl with a single word sentence.

ANH - Only Episode to not feature any hint of Yoda

TESB - Only Episode to not have a sand planet

ROTJ - Only Episode who's opening crawl first paragraph is just one sentence.

TFA - Only Episode to have a trailer out more than a year before it's release.

TLJ - Only Episode to take place immediately after it's predecessor.

Any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lulu Mars likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Changing Thread title to make its subject matter more clear.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ANH: Only episode to climax with only one battle/action sequence going on.

Darth Dnej and Darth_Articulate like this.
  4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    I can't think of something for every single episode, except the "obvious" ones like "TPM: the only episode that has Qui-Gon" etc. The two "middle" episodes, AOTC and ESB: the only episodes that have no space battles but ground battles. The Falcon or Obi-Wans's ship being chased and shot at don't count as "battles", they never even shot back. In ESB not a single TIE fighter or other Imperial ship was destroyed by the Rebels, only AT-ATs. ESB: the only episode that doesn't take place on Tatooine. AOTC: the only episode where we see a planet with an ocean. On Naboo, Kashyyk and Dagobah we only see rivers, lakes or swamps, no oceans. Naboo has lots of underground water, but on the surface it looks like lakes (no waves, beaches etc.). ROTS: the only episode that has no "monsters". All the danger comes from the Separatists or the Sith. TPM: the only episode that has no star destroyers of any kind. The ships we see at the end of AOTC, even if the are called differently, can be seen as prototypes for the later actual SDs. ROTS: the only episode we see characters watching some kind of high art form as entertainment. I don't count the dancers in Jabba's palace or pod race. TPM: the only episode where we see a double-bladed light saber. AOTC: the only episode where we see some kind of nightlife. ESB: the only episode in which no major character dies. ROTS: the only episode where no character is seen eating or drinking.

5. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Sorry about the double post. I was going to add this a minute after the edit option expired. Also in ROTS, there is not a single dining room, bar, restaurant or any other kind of eating/drinking establishment shown. All other installments (haven't seen R1 yet) have them in some form.

6. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Plenty, plenty, plenty.

I had a post on this ages ago that I submitted to an IMDb thread. Sure I have it saved somewhere, but I've been searching and I can't find it.

In essence, all the SW movies are rule-breakers (and, I guess, heart-breakers) in their own way. Rebel spaceships, all of 'em.

If I can recover that post, I'll add it to the thread.

7. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

Doesn't Lucas and his daughter have big tubs of popcorn and sodas while they wait to take their seat at the opera?

I was about to say TPM is the only film where we see Obi Wan take the life of a sentient being. But then I remembered...... he only half killed him, apparently. :confused:

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  8. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Oh yes, I forgot about that one [face_laugh]
    Well, unless we consider Grievous to be a "sentient being". He may be 80% robot but his brain and some organs at least seem to be organic. And of course we will never know what happened to that guy in the cantina whose arm he cut off. He might have died from blood loss :D

9. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Argh!! You're right about Grevious.

But. Obi Wan Kenobi is the first sentient ever seen killed by lightsaber (in Star Wars in 1977) and he's the first to kill another sentient by lightsaber (Qui Gon was on his way but not quite dead yeat)

Those aren't unique, I know. But they are firsts. And I just realised it there. :)

Um Return Of The Jedi and B-Wings. :D

10. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    Good point! Maybe another intentional parallel between episodes I and IV?:confused:

11. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    That actually raises in interesting question. If you gut someone at 5:10 but they don't actually die FROM it until 5:15, at what time did you actually kill them? You performed the action at one time but the death didn't happen until a later time.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  12. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Or maybe Qui Gon lost the will to live. ;)

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  13. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  14. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Here's some I thought of

TPM - Only movie where one of the main characters is a young child
    AOTC - Only movie where a large group of jedi is shown fighting at once
    ROTS - Only movie with multiple lightsaber duels against different antagonists.
    RO - Only movie where all the main characters die at the end
    ANH - Only movie where yoda is not seen, heard or mentioned
    TESB - Only movie where ships are destroyed by asteroids
    ROTJ - Only movie where Chewbacca doesn't have his hair slicked back
    TFA - Only movie where a main character from another movie is in it with no spoken lines
    TLJ - Too early to tell

15. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    ROTS - the only movie with an Alien cyborg who coughs constantly and clearly has breathing problems yet who can somehow survive in outer space.

16. Sith Lord 2015

Oct 30, 2015
    TPM: the only episode that has two major "underage" characters, and where the ending sequence takes place in a city, also the only one that has submarines and fishes
    AOTC: the only one that has a wedding and someone making a speech at a funeral/grave, also the only one that has an electric guitar in its soundtrack
    ROTS: the only one that ends with a sunset
    ANH: the only one we don't see bodies of water on any of the locations (trash compactor does not count :D) , and the only one where we see human skeletons
    ESB: the only one where the final sequence takes place on a spaceship, not a planet/moon
    ROTJ: the episode where we see a human wearing the least amount of clothing
    TFA: the only one where we see the wreck of a crashed spaceship and an island

Darth Dnej and Darth_Articulate like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Was Yoda mentioned in R1?

18. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

99.999% sure the answer is no