main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Unit 117. SpecOps- Now accepting new players

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MCPO_John_117, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    "So you say," Alixe said, thinking about the hatred they had for the comparison. "The way I am, the way I act. Chalk that up to one more evil of the Empire. Not you." She looked at the other troopers and clones. "Or your kind." Their feelings about Bly and the others very much took her. "You hate that too do you?" Slowly she moved closer, trying to appear more settled. "I have something you might like to see sometime, my, ah...attempt to stop the few from harming the good name of the many." As clumsy as the words were Alixe hoped they helped, wanting this to work if it meant stopping the Empire.

Tag: all

2. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC:Alpha-99

99 looked down at medcraft.

Still no respect for rank... or my kind.

"Dont bother yourself with the details Leuitenant. I dont really give a damn what you would show me. It wont change the minds of those men. They hate you now. Hate is a big thing for a clone to harbor. Nothing you can say or do will repair the damage your mouth has done to those men. And you couldnt have enraged a more dangerous group if you had stuck yourself in front of Darth Vader himself and told him that you thought his helmet looked stupid."

He turned his back to her and went back to the Colonel.

"You were on thin ice with me before Medcraft, now your floundering in arctic water. I suggest you learn how to swim rather quickly or this mission will be your last with this unit. Of that I promise you."

tag all

3. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Alixe
    Shuttle

"Alright, you have no interest in trying to make this work, how about cutting out the middle man?" Alixe proposed, unclipping a thermal detonator from her belt and tossing it in her hand. "Let me show you what hatred does and send me in, alone. Either I succeed and we hurt the Empire, or you have one dead schutta. Either way a win win situation for you and your clones." She threw the grenade out a little towards Alpha before catching it. "What do you say? You hate me that much, send me to my death. I might just be crazy enough to go willingly, maybe sacrifice myself for you and your allied pals."

4. knite16

knite16 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Boom

Having been considerably silent for his droid persona the last few hours, Boom finally made a sound, though it was not speaking. A single placed ion burst shot from his cannon and bullseye'd the detonator Medcraft held, sending it clinking to the ground and rolling away.

"Your comment was quite out of line, Lieutenant. The thing that separates the clone men of our squad is their individuality. While others blindly followed orders and chose to eliminate their Generals and the Jedi, these men chose to protect them for what they felt was right. Stating otherwise is a grave mistake on your part. From my observations, I simply chalk up your unwillingness to see beyond their appearance as simple ignorance. You see a clone as many do when they see them. What you do not realize is that this is the same ignorance others feel for other races. To the common man, a Rodian looks like a Rodian. A Wookiee like any other Wookiee. A Trandoshan like any other Trandoshan. But were you one of those races, your brothers and sisters would be quite the individual for you would know what to look for in them, understand their tongue and traditional mannerisms. Upon first glance, it appears you've gone to great lengths to individualize yourself. These men do not have that luxury as appearance goes, but these four clones- of the same host, the same training, and the same army, all have very unique personalities, skills, and tolerance."

Boom sat back in his seat. Whether he wanted or expected a response, he did not say. He merely continued to look forward as he had been moments before, silent.

5. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Alpha-99

Before 99 had the chance to snatch the detonator out of the air and punch Medcraft in the face, Boom nailed it with an Ion shot placed neatly between the two fleshlings. It was so close in fact that 99's helmet sensors picked up the heat from it and his visor tinted with the flash crossing his eyeline.

He listened intently as Boom spoke and could do nothing but gape from behind his helmet. The mechanical being had been silent for their entire trip from Theta base, to the fleet and until that very moment.

Straight to the point that droid... I knew there was a reason I liked him...

99 straightened and took a tone which was obvious to anyone within earshot to have him with a smile on his face as he spoke.

"In terms of swimming Medcraft.... I think Boom there just stepped on your head and forced you under. I am done argueing with you, I agree with him wholeheartedly. You will follow orders, or I am going to have you shot for insubordination, questioning a lawful order from a superior officer, conduct unbecoming of an officer, disregard for HUMAN life, and a few other things I am sure I can think of later on. And once you heal from said wound, I am going to talk to Colonel Spartan, and bring you up on charges and pull it into a court martial. Then you can take on the Empire by yourself, without the resources a soldier needs to wage a war. SO. *claps his hands together in front of him* I order you to get out of my face, and go prepare your gear for the mission. Have a nice day."

99 held a thumbs up in front of her and flicked his thumb down like he had a detonater in his hand as he clicked his teeth.

Then he spun on his heel and went to stand next to Spartan.

tag all

OOC: i am so glad that boom decided to come back when he did. I already took rtas out of the game and he needs a new character, I didnt want to do that to two people in as many posts. *wipes sweat from brow* This will MOST LIKELY be my last post until I get home. Sooooo carry on soldiers!

6. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Shuttle

Undisciplined, hostile, violent, Alixe thought. This will not do at all. She did as ordered however, but not without making one last bid to make peace.
    "Alright, you are nothing like Bly, okay." She picked up the thermal to use later, on the 501st. "And you are angry at the comparison, you made your point." Alixe chose to understate it for all their sakes. "Even who we are going against were against it, if that is any consolation." She pulled the helmet on. "Now can we try and work together? For now at least?" The cloak was next, going over her shoulders. "Lives are depending on us, if we can keep it together I will put in the transfer request myself when we get back, okay?" The rifle was slung over one arm and the carbine was cradled in her hands. "If we cannot maintain that much discipline," she shook her head sadly, "then the Emperor has already won." Not sure what effect her words had Alixe began to move away from the others, figuring they wanted her out of their sight. "I will check on our prisoner."

Tag: All

7. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    IC: Colonel John Spartan

The Fleet decelerates to normal space, and immediately opens up all weapons on the Imperial ships in range.
    A klaxon sounds in the hanger as the doors open and the magcon field goes up.

"Here we go people."

The shuttle launches. It makes a steep dive towards the planet. Upon reaching the surface the shuttle flies trench style through canyons toward its target.
    "Last minute Orders. Major you are to take your squad and the others not in disguises and run amok in that base. Your objective is to draw as much of their attention as you can handle. While the infiltrators..." John gestures to kyle and the Katarn commandos. "Secure the package. Any questions?"

OOC: Nancyallen I forgot to post this, but before the fleet left for the planet John offered you a disguise, if you want to take it then we'll say you changes into it a while ago, and you'll be with them securing the package. It's StormTrooper armor that goes over your own uniform, and you can keep your equipment.

8. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Shuttle

"You're not wearing a disguise?" Alixe was asked. She sneered at the Stormtrooper armor.
    "Hell no." The thought of the Imperials finding out she was there and causing a panic appealed to her. Given the circumstances however..."Uh, maybe I should guard the shuttle," she suggested to Alpha 99, making sure Gaph and Boom heard her as well so they could give their input. "It would be better than killing each other out there."

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph and Jack
    Enemy Base

Gaph and Jack were preparing to disembark, having silently watched the Alixe-Clones ordeal looking for a victor. They knew she would never win, but they were both gambling men so it was a interesting bet. Jack owed Gaph 15 creds, but felt certain it was the best 15 creds he'd ever lost.

"Any questions?"

"Colonel." Gaph spoke up, "I'll make for the nearest security post and see if I can infiltrate the system."

"Uh, maybe I should guard the shuttle," Alixe told Alpha, as if it were an option for her.

"No way." Jack said before Alpha could. "I'm staying in the hangar to disable ships so they can't scramble fighters after us, so I'll keep an eye on her. Besides that, it's got Imperial Codes, and if it isn't on a work schedual the technicians aren't going to pay it half a moments notice. You better suit up or take your risk with the clones." Jack said as he wiped grease on his hands to better look his part. He hoped Alpha would back him up.

10. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Shuttle

It wasn't the first time Alixe had used Imperial uniforms to disguise herself but she still hated it.
    Wear it and go with Kyle or take my chances with the clones, she pondered. Alixe had a look of disgust on her face. There really is no choice at all is there? She figured it would be her best chance though, so she nodded at Jack, slapped him on the shoulder in what she hoped would look like a show of camaraderie and scoop up the trooper armor.
    "You peek, you die, right now," she threatened before hitting a switch on her datapad and unslinging the rifle. A few moments later she reappeared, figuring that it fitted well enough for her to actually pull this off. "Ready," she said from underneath the helmet.

11. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed

Darkan was silent the whole way, his thoughts turned inwards as the other bantered on around him. Gaph and Jack were very vocal the entire way, Creed watched them, Gaph was one of the origional squad, he trusted that man with his life. As the journey continued Creed examined his weapons, slowly dragging them across a wetstone. "Whatever happens, we must not fail."

Tag all

12. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the down time on the game I figured that everyone would be busy with holidays. We'll try and start back up now though.

IC: Colonel John Spartan

John's group exited the shuttle, their disguises apparently good enough to fool the hanger personnel. John touches the hidden comlink attached to his collar. "Mynock lead to Wampa lead, No sign of the 501st yet. Wait ten minutes and then execute plan Wampa Rampage."
    John and his group hurried along the corridors as fast as he could with out looking suspicious.

Tag: Anyone

13. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Hanger

"If that thing makes it off the production line it will not matter how much the galaxy turns against the Empire," Alixe growled to Creed. "We simply will not fail." She ran out of the shuttle and fell into step with the Stormtroopers between John and Kyle, more comfortable with them even though most of the squad were the bad guys. At least they were human, at least they should be. "We should have been taking control of an Imperial spice ship," Alixe said out loud, trying to mirror the movements of a trooper, "we would be toasted back home right now. So why am I here working with clones who want me dead?"

14. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: also sorry for the hold up! transition from iraq to home is kind of rough!hope no one dropped off the radar.

10 minutes eh? I can do that.. 501st will know whats going on as soon as that first explosion goes off... need to make sure fleet is in position to start the commotion first.

99 sealed his helmet and adjusted his pistols. He looked at Ca, who looked at the clones, who nodded back back in form and relayed their readiness to 99. Then he turned to Creed, Gaph, Jack and Boom.

"Alright everyone. We are a distraction tactic for the others on this one. I think you all know what that means. For this one we are splitting up, Clones on me. We take the roof and upper building, loud and hard. Gaph and Jack, I will leave you to your devices upper-mid level below us. Gaph I know your handy with a keyboard so work your magic and get the imps blind as soon as you can, Jack I dont know your particular combat skills so just stick with Gaph. Boom you are lower-mid level. Blow stuff up.. We are entering on the sides of the building with magnetic cables. Once this shuttle is up next to their windows and people start shooting grapples on them.. they are going to know somethings up so dont expect a warm welcoming comity. Creed, no heroics this time, still with boom and watch your angles. Boom will cover you if you need it to get close. Stick close to each other and watch your backs at all times. Do not take these guys lightly."

99 checked his chrono and pulled a pistol free while holding onto a strap on the ceiling.

"We are Green in 8 minutes. Lock and load."

Tag all

15. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph and Jack
    Aboard the Ship T-8 Minutes to depart

Gaph and Jack nodded as 99 gave their orders, they already knew what they were going to do. Gaph would find a computer with Jack providing back up for him, once that was finished, Jack would make his way back tot he hangar bay, wreaking havoc on everything along the way. From there, Jack was tasked with covert sabotage of the Imperial Fighters in the hangar, then preping the ship for a quick exit.

He figuered, if he had any time, he could scavenge so materials and tools from the hangar, maybe even do a little work on their transport. Revenge was sweet, but profiting on it was even sweeter.

"Alpha," Gaph said to his ranking officer, "You boy's make sure to keep your ears on and I'll try to feed you as much information as I can. If anything goes bad I'll let you know and give you the easiest escape route back to the hangar, Jack will have the bird running. Let's not lose any men this round 'eh."

Tag: Alpha

16. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

"I agree with you 100% Gaph. Much as I dont like Medcraft, whether she has a death wish or not, I dont want any of this squads blood on my hands. Likewise if your group gets in a snag, communication is key here. If you need help. Let the squad know and we will get personel and lots of pain down that way. This is a big one. Lets do it the right way."

Tag all

17. knite16

knite16 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Boom
    Shuttle

The turret on his arm swirled fast one direction, then the other as he checked for any signs of lubrication needs or other mission critical errors. System scan showed he was good to go. He stood and took his place. His stock of rocket fingers was stocked, his cells were set to over-charge during the trip to ensure plenty of reserve energy, which was a main reason for his silence, and he had installed new tactical information concerning the 501st and some of their known formations and patterns into his memory banks. They may be elite, but they were still frail as any other human. Boom gave a nod indicating he was ready.

Tag

18. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: Ok so.. no one has posted in almost 2 weeks and im back in iraq now. not sure where john is but sound off if your still keeping up with this and we will keep it rolling if theres enough people.

19. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Hanger

Alixe eyed a pair of Stormtroopers walking away from the hanger towards an elevator. Their walk and manner gave the impression they weren't hardened soldier, in fact if it weren't for the armor they would loom like...guys, just a couple of ordinary men. The old woman figured maybe they had just gone off duty. She looked quickly at John and Kyle before breaking away from them.
    "Hey," she called out, trying to mask her voice as best she could, "wait up." She broke into a jog to catch up. As the troopers paused and turned to her and she drew closer she noticed an emblem on the arm and her voice caught, before she noticed it wasn't the 501st. Still, for there to be a special unit; going by the emblem they were known as the Sluggers, was bad news.
    "Lash," one of them said to the other after looking at her for a moment.
    "What is it?" the other asked. Alixe tried to think of the best way to pose the question.
    "Why is there so much security around here? I know the 501st are here. It must be important." She was grateful that her voice was muffled and distorted underneath her helmet, they must have thought she was someone else.
    "You seen them?" Alixe didn't dare look back at the others, wondering if they would back her up or would be angry at what she was doing, instead trying to focus on the Stormtrooper who spoke in awe. "They're here?"
    "Yeah, didn't you know?" his partner asked. The more serious of the pair turned his attention to Alixe. "We were called up ourselves. Briefed about something for the Empire, no idea it was big enough to involve them.

Tag: John, Kyle, rogue Stormtroopers

20. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    leaving the drop off shuttle

99 checked the chrono in his helmet for the fifth time in as many seconds. They had two minutes until the diversionary rebel attack was to happen and his men weren't in position yet. Not to mention that the shuttle that had dropped off a small contingent of "Storm Troopers", was hovering outside their front door. The building itself was huge. They were going to have a hard time finding the data they were looking for.

99's calm voice broke the comm.

"Pilot, bring us to the western face of the top of this facility. Once my team is out, drop the length of the building midway and let the second team out. So on and so forth. Make it look like you are doing some fancy show off flying around the place so we dont arouse suspicion."

The standard issue jock fighter voice replied to him crisply.

"You got it Major."

99 made a hand signal and the ARCs stood as one unit. All four of them prepared their wrist mounted liquid grappling cables and stood in a line by the open hatch, Tracyn last.

The Major walked down the line as the vessel climbed the height of the building. He looked over each of his soldiers and nodded to each in turn. As he got to Traycn he noticed that the clone had his head tilted, looking at the deck he was standing on, and was tapping his trigger finger against his thigh plate. Alpha swung out a light hand and slapped him on the top of his helmet, making him look up.

"Keep your head on the task at hand soldier. We will deal with her when this mission is over. Got it?"

Traycn straightened up and nodded.

"Yes Sir."

"Sir, we are in position. Permission to exit ship." Ca called from the hatch.

99 didnt break eye contact with Traycn, "Permission granted Sargeant, get this squad moving."

He heard 3 cable launchers engage as Ca, Prudii and Mirshe swung out of the vessel as if being sucked out into vacuum. A distinctive "weeeeee" could be heard from one of the clones' comms. 99 slapped Tracyn on the shoulder and nodded him to the door.

"After you Private."

Tracyn engaged his launcher and was sucked out as it attached to the building. 99 followed suit and was immediatly trailing Tracyn by his arm. The air pulsed around him in torrents due to the altitude, it was quite a task indeed for the Major to hold his military bearing and supress his own exclamation of glee.

99 grunted as his legs acted as shock absorbers when he hit the building. As soon as his feet were planted vertically on the buildings face, the cable started retracting and he ran straight up to the roof where the rest of his clone commando team was waiting. The cable retracted fully and he grabbed the lip of the roof, holding out his free hand and having it met with Ca's waiting palm. The Sargeant wrenched him over the lip and the squad stood waiting for their next movement order.

"Well that was fun. Alright men, how do you want to go in?"

Ca was first to respond but was immediatly cut off by Mirshe.

"Sir the door over here leads down to the main..."
    "Sir the window two floors down would make for a nice bang going in and would throw off and confuse any opposition that may in fact be laying in wait."

99 had ejected his pistol mags and checked them one last time, he stopped and looked up with a tilted head over at Ca and then Mirshe with a smile on his hidden face. He pointed his empty weapon lightly at Mirshe.

"You must be slipping Sargeant Ca.... You know how I love things that go bang."

Ca shrugged and pulled his M5 around to his chest.

"He is an ARC sir.."

"True enough, true enough."

Mirshe pulled a detonator from his pack and tossed it in the air in front of him.

"Orders sir?"

Alpha-99 chuckled darkly to himself and slapped the mags together in the butts of his pistols.

"Alright Private Mirshe..."

He thumbed the catches and the upper recievers slid forward with a metallic clank

"...Bring the noise...."

Tag all

21. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    In a bid to get this RP going again I thought I'd bring in a new character.

Name: Vanile Lash
    Species: Human
    Appearance: [image=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e7/nancyallen/1-2.jpg]
    Bio: Lash was a test case to allow women into the ranks of Imperial Stormtroopers, because both her parents had personally met the Emperor. Her mother was a political analyst who advised Palpatine during the rise of the Empire, her father one of the first enlisted Stormtroopers. She was placed in the squad known as the Sluggers upon proving herself in training. However after several years of loyal service Lash began to have doubts of their work, always maintaining her loyalty was to the galaxy rather than the Emperor. Things came to a head when on a raid she witnessed the people she was after commit suicide rather than be taken in. Later she threatened to inform the ISB of a commanding officer's actions. Because of this Lash was called into question over whether she was attempting to undermine the Empire. Lash denied this, threatening to kill Vader, Tarkin, the Emperor, the Rebellion, anyone who stood in the way of Palpatine's dream of peace. Her steadfast commitment to this ideal was enough to get her off the hook but her commanding officer would have none of it and seeks retribution for the heat Vanile called down on him.

Lash's hand to hand skills leave most in the Empire for dead, and it is rumored she is good enough with a blade to spar with the Emperor's Hand. But Lash seems disinterested in using these skills, preferring instead to find non violent solutions to problems, such as her efforts to discredit those harmful to the Empire rather than fight them directly. She also very much enjoys leisure time, as demonstrated with how gracious she was with Mara's reward and very much enjoys dancing, something very much outside of the Imperials she quips. She also has the most wonderful evil laugh, more of a cackle actually, that puts even Palpatine to shame.

Weapon(s): Tenlos XL6 Disrupter rifle, vibroblade

22. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    a good attempt but I think we need our GM back as well. and some of the people who played would be nice too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.