main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Unit 117. SpecOps- Now accepting new players

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MCPO_John_117, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    IC: Colonel John Spartan
    Theta Base

John was walking to the communications room. It had been a few days since the mission to the prison. He walked down the corridor, and saw Creed exit his room. ?Creed. It?s good to see you up and around. How do you feel??

2. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph
    Home Base

The rest of the mission seemed a blur now, at one point he remembered firing at ground troops, and the next he was jumping to hyperspace, not knowing how close behind his teammates were. Not knowing if anyone of them would survive.

It was a good mission to train them on at least. Cull the herd so to speak. It was a shame though, he'd taken a bit of a liking to Dacen Mano...

What don't kill you makes you stronger he thought, laying on his back in his bunk, looking at the stolen Stormie helmet he had stuck to his wall. It was strange, in his culture, his line of work, you did what you had to if you wanted to survive. There were no regrets, no looking back. That kind of thinking had gotten him through the first half of his life, but that kind of thinking would have also had him raiding the fallen's bunks. He wasn't. He might later, but he wasn't right now. He was just thinking.

They were low on numbers now, they'd need more men. He had friends...not many but he had them...people that owed him their lives, and none of them had any love of the Empire. He reached for his datapad, and started scanning his contacts.

Tag: None

3. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Alpha-99
    personal quarters

99 stood back and admired his handiwork. His requisition for "civilian clothes" had come in, for him there was no small amount of customizing.

He now had a dark brown leather jacket with his rank branded into both arms and a Special Forces insignia branded on the left side, just over where his heart would be. He had ordered black fatigue pants and a black t-shirt that also had his rank on the arms. 99 had ordered two sets of this, one all black and the other camo pattern.

He donned the black set now, stacking his armor neatly in his small closet. He had also gotten matching black boots. A tan set for his alternate uniform. When all was said and done he stood looking at himself in the mirror, muscles trying to escape his shirt. It was a form fitting top that wouldnt get in the way if he was moving around. 99 strapped his right leg holster on and slipped the gun into it. Then he grabbed the only piece of clothing that he had ever owned himself. A black special forces beret with a new insignia for his new unit. He formed it on his head and nodded.

Alpha-99 left his room and went to check on his men. He passed various rooms, now empty due to their owners having been deceased.

A soldiers life....

He passed Gaphs room and poked his head in, the man was emersed in his data pad so he just nodded and left again. He paused at Boom's room but found nothing there.

Probably rebuilding his armament. I'll have to join him later.

He was already passing a workout area when he decided to stop and see what was there. He hadn't taken much note of it recently. 99 walked in and looked around. His hands jamming into his pockets. He saw his favorite piece of equipment hanging on a wall nearby.

A pull-up bar eh....?

99 removed his beret and tucked it into his belt, then jumped up and grabbed the bar and started pumping his body up and over the bar.

tag

4. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed

?Creed. It?s good to see you up and around. How do you feel??

Creed heard a familiar voice and snapped to attention. "I am fine sir, just a flesh wound sir." Creed looked away as quickly as he could, he was supposed to have died on that planet, but fate had once again intervened. "I assure you sir, I will not be so careless next time."

Creed felt awkward infront of the Colonel, his new uniform seemed strange. For many years he wore the Imperial Symbol with pride, however he now wore the stripes and insignia of a Rebel Unit. But he was a professional soldier non the less. His Raven black uniform well fitting and perfectly clean and sharp. "Sir, why did you choose me for this unit? I am designed to kill, I am a machine produced by the Empire, I am not a freedom fighter like the rest. I only seek death...sir."

Tag

5. knite16

knite16 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Boom
    Armory

Boom was busy doing what everyone assumed he would be. Rebuilding explosive fingers, repairing his shield generator, and for lack of a better comparison, recharging.

He carefully placed the assembled remote charge on a cut rectangle of durasteel and placed the end in a little slot on the inside of his left leg. It grabbed hold of the charge and the steel and wound it inwards, popping a neatly rolled cylinder out moments later. Adding the final two attachments, the steel cap that served as a finger tip and the clamp that held the finger in place which also housed a mini rocket. He then put it in place in the large portion of his back that served as an ammo case that lay on the table. He also took the time to fill the extra space in the case with various power cells and ammunition for the weapons he saw his squad mates using.

Boom was adaptive. He did not have a specific protocol for what needed to be replenished and repacked for each mission. It was dependant on those he worked with as well as other continuously updating factors.

Once the weaponry was repacked and replenished, be got to work on his damaged shield generator.

Tag any

6. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007

"Sir, why did you choose me for this unit? I am designed to kill, I am a machine produced by the Empire, I am not a freedom fighter like the rest. I only seek death...sir."

John looked at Creed. ?That may have been true when you were with the Empire, but that?s changed. From what I have heard off you part in the mission, you saved the team from abush many times. You looked out for your fellow commandos. If you only seek death than I doubt very much any of us would have made it back alive.?
    John clasped a hand on Creeds shoulder.
    ?You?re not a mindless killing machine. You?re a part of this team, and I am damn proud of that.? John gave Creed one final nod then started for the comm. room again.

John entered the Comm room, and the officer on duty snapped a salute. ?Sir a communication package has been delivered.? He handed John the pad.
    ?Thank you Lieutenant. Carry on?
    John paged through the pad, and smiled.

John entered the weight room. He saw 99 at the pull up bar. John goes over to the weight bench, and starts to adjust the weight. ?That?s a good looking uniform you got there Corporal. I have got some bad news for you though.? John stopped fiddling with the weights and looked right at 99. ?The High Command has ordered that due to your performance on the mission and the disregard for your team in trying to rescue your commanding officer, who didn?t need rescuing by the way, that I strip you of your rank and I?m obligated to inform you that your non-commissioned discharge papers have just come in.? John paused and watched as 99?s mouth dropped a few inches.
    ?I am also obliged to tell you that the High Command, at my suggestion, is offering you your own commission as an Alliance Military Officer. That is if you accept. But let me assume the worst and say congratulations Major. And as you first act befitting your new rank I would like you to hand these out.?
    John handed a case to Alpha. Inside were four Lieutenant rank insignias.

Tag: Alpha-99

7. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Weight Room

He dropped from his bar and stood standing in front of the Colonel. He listend and his heart sank as the words continued on. They rang true. He had abandoned Gaph and Creed to rescue the prisoners and Spartan. He was about to concede the point and take up the discharge when two words interupted his thoughts.

"...Military Officer"

What?!

John was still talking to him and he hung on every word just in case he has misunderstood. He had been nothing but a lieutenant for the empire. And now a corpral for the Alliance. But he was now a Major.... an officer again, and a high ranking one at that.

He looked at Johns outstretched hand and saw lieutenant ranks. Everyone was getting promoted on their first mission out. But they had lost 3 members. That must have been an acceptable loss for the higher brass. It wasnt acceptable in 99's book. Maybe being a Major, he could change that. One would certainly hope so. It was around this time that he had realized two things. One: that they must have really liked that sandwhich, and 2... he hadn't spoken since the colonel had walked in.

"Yes sir. It would be an honor." He clasped the lieutenant insignias in his palm and shook the colonels hand.

He looked at his newly ordered shirt and frowned.

"Looks like I need to reorder this then..."

His mind was racing. 99 could barely think of what to do next.

Major.... I might need to re-color my armor. Blue is lieutenant.. red is captain. But what for Major? Maybe... black...

A Mandalorian was known by his armor. Maybe this was Alpha's step into his heritage. It certainly wouldnt hurt to be more individual.

He stood a bit straighter and looked the colonel in the eye.

"Thank you sir. I wont let you down. I will pass this out accordingly and as neccisarry. Do we have news of the next mission sir?"

tag

8. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007
    IC: Colonal John Spartan
    Theta Base

I am considering some Intel I've recently received, and want to run some computer sims on a possible mission. But I do have a report here about a group of mercenaries operating out of Nar Shaddaa, their tactics, weaponry, and skill lead me to believe they are former Clone Troopers. Although no images can confirm this theory. I would like you to take another squad member with you, your choice, and check them out. If they are freelance then maybe they have the same feelings for the Empire as we do. Try and sway a few, maybe even get them to join us."
    John handed the tactical report to Alpha.
    "You can take our newly aquiared shuttle. Its transponder and IFF have been altered. It's now the Idiot's Array registered out of Commenor. Try and keep a low profile." John handed Alpha a set of Data cards. "False ID's for you, and send a request for a second set for whoever you chose to go with you, unless its BOOM he wouldn't need any." Alpha looks through the cards. "You are now Spades Cardo, a bounty hunter out of Corellia, there is a real permit in there, licensed to carry concealed and public weapons."
    John squared up to Alpha, and extended his hand. "Good luck Major."

Tag: Alpha

OOC: If anyone wants an extra mission for himself let me know in a PM also if you want to run another character Pm me.

9. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC:Alpha-99
    Filling out requisition forms

So I need to turn some clones huh.... Easier said than done. Especially ARC's. Stubborn to the core...

The task would be a lot easier said than done. He read the reports over and over again and decided that the best course of action was to bring Boom with him. The droid had enough firepower to quell 3 city blocks on Coruscant and would be handy in a firefight. He would take Creed or Gaph but stealth wasnt exactly what he needed right now. He knew where they were operating out of but he needed to find them individualy and he wasn't going to be able to take all the time in the world on this one. He wanted to get this mission over with and get back to the unit as fast as humanly possible. He was going to need some special gear though. ARC trooper armor wasn't exactly ideal for staying under cover using an alias. He would need new armor. Something that his targets could relate to. He needed Manalorian armor.

He placed the requisition order for a set of black Mando armor. It would take a few days to find but it wasnt impossible for SpecOps to acquire. Most mandalorian armor resembled that of which he had first seen Jango wear. This would be no exception. Beskar was hard to come by and was drastically expensive but this was for a specialized mission. They could take it out of his pay for all he cared. He just needed to survive. He needed to get himself, Boom, and potentially one or more of these clone individuals back with him or take them out. He didn't much like killing brothers so hopefully it would be the latter.

He stood and walked around to the spare parts bay and spoted Boom tinkering with his sheild generator.

"Private Boom. You are going to accompany me on a mission. But you wont be a soldier. You are going to be my personal assistant droid. I am posing as a bounty hunter and you will be my "Partner." I will upload the mission details to you in a few minutes, but I have some tasks to do first. We will leave immediatly after those tasks are done. If you have anything you need to requisition put them on this form. (99 hands the flimsi sheet he was jotting on to Boom) The supplies will arrive shortly after we get to our destination meaning that we need to lay low and just do some recon work before hand."

Alpha-99 started walking out of the room before stopping and tossing something over his shoulder to the droid.

"And try that on.. I think you are the first droid in the alliance to wear one...."

The lieutenants pin landed in Booms hand.

99 left the room and went down the hall to Gaph's room. The Ryn wasnt there so he placed the rank on his pillow and left a scribbled note.

"Your work is invaluable to this team Gaph. Congratulations Lieutenant. Keep up the good work. -MAJ. Alpha-99"

After having left the room he then made his way to Creeds room where he found the man resting, still slowly recovering from his wounds. He placed another Pin on the palm of his open hand and closed Darkans fingers around it. Nodding. No one had proved themselves as much as Darkan Creed on that first mission. He had saved most of the strike team from death by sacrificing himself. Not an ideal soldier, giving his life that easily. But an ideal man. And that was what counted for 99.

99 quietly left the room and went back to his own quarters. He picked up his data pad and sent the transmission to Boom, loaded with the details of the mission. He added a note on the end. "Pack like a bounty hunter would".

He brought up a brown satchel bag and put in his hygiene kit, extra mags, a few changes of clothes, a medkit, and a few ration cubes. Just in case he found finding food difficult... which he doubted but it was always in his maticulous nature to be prepared. He would very much like to have his own armor stored on the ship but didnt want to run the risk of being searched by empire security to have them find a bunch of clone armor around. It wouldnt be beneficial to have the empire on his tracks now that he was not only a homicidal killer

10. knite16

Sep 20, 2007
    Armory

Boom searched his programming for known Bounty Hunters in the galaxy and referenced the articles pertaining to their arsenal. One of the most common weapons he already had- the tranq dart he had made use of on the last mission, but two others had not been implemented in his creation; the flamethrower and the bola-net. Major Alpha-99 had told him to pack like a bounty hunter, so following orders, be went to work, accessing a computer terminal nearby for the schematics for flame throwers.

Tag

11. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007

John exited the hanger pushing a grav-sled with two creates on it. One had Alpha?s requisitions in it, the other was some equipment for their next big mission. John swung by Alpha?s quarters, and knocked on the door. Alpha opened the door, and hesitated for just a split second before snapping a salute. ?Sir.? John smiled, always the professional. ?At ease Major. I have your requisitions here.? John slid one of the boxes off. Alpha opened the box to see bright silver dura-steel Mandalorian armor, among the other things he ordered. Alpha sighed ?Kriffing Quartermaster I said black armor.? John arched his remaining eyebrow, the entire left side of his face was very scared from the last mission, and with bacta being as scarce and in demand as it was, John had decided he could live with them. ?Good luck on the mission Major.? John turned to leave. ?What is in the other box Sir?? John half grinned at Alpha, the expression made his newly acquired facial scars crinkle and gave him a menacing look. ?New toys that make lots of noise.? And with that John walks off leaving an amused Major shaking his head.
    On his why to his office John stopped at Creed?s door. ?Darken if your feeling up to it I have a small matter I need you to take care of. Please join me in my office.?

Tag: Alpha, Creed

12. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Personal quarters.

Alpha opened the box again after he had seen it initially. It was pretty heavy. Inside was silver durasteel. Not Beskar

If it was good enough for Jango to last as long as he did.... It is good enough for me.. what are these then...?

He pulled the armor out and laid it on his bed. It was thin but strong. Underneath of it he saw gauntlets with spots for weaponry, possibly flame throwers, grappling cable, lots of little goodies that he could fix up. At the bottomm of the box was a note scribbled by the quartermaster.

Sorry for the silver instead of black, the short notice and immediate need of the armor pushed things a bit quicker than needed to obtain what you asked for. In light of that I made up for the color with an added goody, see underneath the sheet. -QM Fricken

Alpha pulled the note out and saw that there was indeed a sheet covering something at the bottom. Alpha pulled it aside and immediatly grinned.

A jetpack eh? More like Fett every day...

He pulled the armor on and tested its weight, it felt good. Not as good as his own armor but that was because he had been wearing it for years. He would get used to this just like everything else. The durasteel was much stronger than plastoid anyway. He slipped into the jetpack and noticed that it wasnt heavy enough to encumber his body. 99 detached his Kama from the ARC armor and set it on his new mandalorian set. It would help protect his legs when using the jetpack. Finally he placed the helmet on and locked it into place. The helmet was actually better than his. New upgrades on it. Up to date tech was always good. The main advantage that his older armor had though was that it was sealed. If 99 got vented into vacuum for one reason or another in this mando armor he would become an ARC popcicle.

He gathered his weapons and walked out in his new armor. Striding into the workshop he pulled the left bicep armor off and joined it on a bench with the right. He grabbed a plasma torch and burned in the mandalorian symbol on both. He then replaced them and commed Boom from his new helmet.

"Alright lieutenant, The little hand on the chrono says its time to rock. Meet you at the ship."

He stared at the Idiot's Array, she wasn't much to look at but he could get it through the mission. He strode up the ramp and tossed a packed satchel into a nearby seat, then walked to the cockpit to start up his pre-flight checks.

Tag boom

13. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Hey, I have a character for your RP. I was going to put in an Imperial but you specifically wanted Rebel characters so here's what I've come up with.

Name: Alixe Medcraft
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Deralia
    Personality
    ---Traits: Alixe acts like a woman who truly has nothing left to lose, which after Palpatine's takeover of the galaxy is how she honestly feels. Angry, violent, insidious to the point of torturing Imperials, obsessed. Put it this way, Alixe is someone Leia might turn to after the destruction of Aldaraan, if she lives that long.
    ---Dislikes: She hates the Empire, hates everyone who serves in it, hates the Clone Army, dislikes any form of politician as well.
    ---Habits: Maddened with grief over the Empire's rule of the galaxy, Alixe gets spiced off her dial on a regular basis. As said, she also makes a habit of torturing Imperials, even for kicks, though she maintains it's to make them pay and give those serving the Empire pause for thought of what might happen to them.
    Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Pale
    ---Hair Color: Bald, formally dark red
    ---Eye Color: Green
    ---Clothing: Rebel jungle camouflage
    ---Other Attributes: Her age has made Alixe put on weight somewhat but she is still a powerful figure, enough so that she is comfortable with Imperial anti armor rifles or Clone chainguns.
    GEAR: As well as the marksman uniform the Rebels used for jungle operations Alixe uses a stealth field generator so she can get up close to individual targets.
    Weapons: Alixe ditches the sniper rifle in favor of a carbine rifle, preferring to be out tgere risking her life with the other Rebels.
    Armor/clothing: Light, Alixe prefers to utilize surprise and aggression over protection.
    specialty weapons: When she can get her hands on them Alixe likes to use anti tank rifles, chainguns, thermal detonators and det packs.
    notes on gear:
    The Force
    ---Sensitivity: No, Aayla said one time that she sensed the Force in Alixe but she guessed the Jedi was pulling her leg.
    ---Knack:
    Biography
    ---Back Ground: Alixe first served for the CIS and was part of the raid on Naboo. When she heard about what was to become of the Queen however she defected and fought against the Droid Army. Despite wanting Amidala to remain queen she swore loyalty to the ruling government and remained with their military. Her loyalty would not be forgotten, when an assassination attempt was made on Senator Amidala Alixe was sent to Coroscant to protect her. The Jedi learnt of this intervention and had her work with one of their own, Jedi Knight Aayla Secura, an arrangement that pleased Alixe very much. However when war became officlal Alixe was pulled from the front lines of the conflict and instead made to keep it from spreading. After learning too late about Palpatine's takeover Alixe swore to use whatever means possible to kill him and anyone who served under him.

"What would be most on your mind right now?" Alixe Medcraft closed her eyes, concentrating, before giving a reply.
    "Padme Amidala, she was Queen of Naboo and later Senator." Before the psychologist could continue the former soldier raised a hand. "No, actually she would not be close on second thought. I think it is what happened to her, what has happened to everyone since the rise of the Emperor."
    "Why have you taken this on board so much? You don't need to shoulder all the responsibility for what has happened."
    "I know there is something wrong with me." Alixe reached into a pocket and pulled out a bottle of pills.
    "Are they the ones you had been perscribed?" the psychologist asked. The soldier tossed the bottle over to show they were.
    "Without them I could not even control myself." The psychologist tried to think of a sympathetic way to reply to Alixe's admission of how crazy with rage she was.
    "And you have issues over that do you?"

"Damn it," she said upon discovering where the Jedi must have been killed, her voice raising into a scream. There was no body, but the number of blaster scor

14. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007

John walked into the Command room, and motioned for the Duty Officer. ?There is a shuttle inbound with supplies and a new unit member, have her escorted to my Office as soon as she gets here.? The Duty Officer nodded. ?Yes sir.?

Later that afternoon, local time, the shuttle docked in Theta base?s hanger. A Corporal waited at the bottom of the ramp for Unit 117?s newest member to disembark.

Tag: Alixe Medcraft

OOC: I approved her CS a while ago, Nice of you to join us nancyallen. :D

15. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    "Does he?" Alixe slung a bag over her shoulder. "Okay, give me just a moment." She ducked back into the shuttle where she took a couple of pills to help her remain lucid. "Okay," the soldier called out. "We better not keep the Colonel waiting." Alixe went along with the Corporal, before thinking and handed over her sidearm to be checked in. "Can you tell me anything about what this is about?" Before the Corporal could reply the elevator had transported them to the command room. "Sergeant Alixe Medcraft," she said, offering a salute to Spartan and no attempt to hide the Naboo accent, "you wanted to speak with me Colonel."

16. MCPO_John_117

Nov 5, 2007
    Theta base- Colonel's Office

"Sergeant Alixe Medcraft, you wanted to speak with me Colonel." John returned her salute. "Just wanted to welcome you to the Unit." He picked up a data pad on his desk. "I've read your jacket. You have received numerous commendations for bravery and two promotions in the last sixteen months." John put down the pad. "I've also read your last Psych-Eval. The psychiatrist says you suffer from post traumatic stress, and an impulse control problem, which has contributed to the two demotions that canceled your two promotions. And according to the file attached to your jacket, you punched out your commanding officer in you last unit. He agreed to drop the charges if you were transfered very far from his command."
    John's face grew serious.
    "Now I don't care what reason you had for knocking out Captain Truss, I don't care for the man much myself. But if you have a problem with a fellow soldier, of any rank, you will conduct yourself according to Alliance guidelines. And as for striking superior officers, I give you this warning, I hit back, and the Major is more likely to kill you out right."
    John's face softened.
    "And on that note..." John opens a drawer and removes an insignia. "Everyone in my Unit is an officer. So I'm giving you a field commission of Second Lieutenant." John tossed the insignia to Medcraft, and pressed a button on his desk. A faint buzzing sounded from out side the door. A few seconds later the Corporal that had escorted her came into the office. "Now the Corporal here will show you to your Quarters. Dismissed Lieutenant."

17. knite16

Sep 20, 2007

Boom awaited the Major in the cockpit. Informative as always, Boom felt the need to explain. "Idiot's Array; a hand in some versions of sabacc consisting of the Idiot, a two of any suit, and a three of any suit. The name Idiot's Array is also the name of a Corvette-class starship registered to one, Talon Kaarde a renowned smuggler. Comparing it with my database of known bounty hunter vessles reveals that such a name is not appropriate for a bounty hunter's ship. Such a name would imply that we are smugglers and when we claim to be bounty hunters, our cover will surely be compromised."

Boom had followed his orders well. His face now had the Mandalorian insignia painted on it, which mostly covered the left side, but crossed slightly to the right. He had not cleaned up his blaster marks from the previous mission, but instead it appeared as if he'd added more to give a more hardened look of a droid far away from the conveniences of civilized peoples. The large turret that once made up his left arm was now on his back like a jet pack, the barrel rising nearly 6 inches above his head. On his left arm now was a hand like on his right, but a large barrel extended to just before his fingers and was connected to a thick black hose. 99 knew immediately it looked like a flame thrower, but the barrel and hose were big. Oh the flames that would spew from that!

"Sir, I must insist it would be vastly illogical to presume with this mission with our vessel named as such."

Boom looked at 99, his hands already on the controls to rename and re-register the ship under the new chosen name.

Tag 99.

18. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC:Alpha-99
    Aboard the Idiot's Array

99 had just come back from the refresher and walked into the cockpit where Boom had been piloting their craft for several hours. He sat down in the Co-pilots chair as Boom started to explain the neccessity of changning the name of the vessel transponder.

"Alright then... Rename it something that would be logical for the mission. Just not something a dead givaway of "Rebel Alliance vessel 113 carrying special ops troops on approach to possible dangerous situation." Or something like that..."

Alpha had been tinkering with a few home-made devices for the past while, trying to refit his gauntlets to hold many different types of weaponry. They were already halfway to their destination. When they got there they would have to meet with a contact to give them more accurate coordinates to these ellegid clones.

He finished tinkering with his own flame thrower and tested the fuel line. He heard a hiss as the compressed gas leaked out a little. He quickly shut it off before the sparking mechanism activated and toasted the cockpit.

"Lieutenant, this mission is going to be a quick one. We dont have a lot of time before the next squad mission kicks off and I think it would be good if we both were there for that. Once we get there we are going to keep the talk short, if they want to join they join. If not we leave, and if they want trouble, we put them down. Clones are not."

99 had been recieved a message on his datapad as he had left the base. The new second lieutenant had arrived shortly after he and boom had left. The file had contained her information.

Doesnt like clones and sometimes has a problem with authority eh? Should be a nice first meeting to see that her second in charge is a clone. But I need to get Boom and myself through this mission first.... I wonder where Bob'ika is and what he is doing.... Maybe he is one of these clones..

tag boom

19. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed
    Training rooms

Creed let his breathing slow, the simulated opponents slowing circling. Their blades glinting in the dim light. He would not let someone get the better of him again. He was an emotionless being, a wraith, a shadow. He was designed to kill and kill he would.

The first opponent charged, his blade held high, Creed quickly ducked under the blade bringing his knee into his chest. His back foot quickly taking the weight as his other foot span to crack the mans leg out from under him. His single red eye analyzing the situation and heart rates of the enemy. A sudden spike in heart rate prepared Creed for the attack, Darkan's leg caught the mans face in a spinning roundhouse, his hands quickly deflecting another incomming blow from behind. With a quick twist Creed was on top of the last assailent, no matter where his blade went Darkan was just not there. After a flurry of motion the mans head rested in the assassins hands, from beneath the helmet Creed smiled. A loud snapping sound echoed in the empty room.

Suddenly normal light streamed in as the simulator ended. Darkan pressed the lock release on his helmet and it slid off, a slight hissing sound as the lifesupport systems and target locks deactivated. "Perfect, remember that next time..."

Tag any (all)

20. knite16

Sep 20, 2007

Boom left the registration blank for now. He was a database, and definitely not qualified to name the ship. Besides, sentients took a certain pride in naming their vessels. Something Boom knew nothing about. "Sir, when you are ready to name your ship, you may enter it."

Boom remained on course. "If I may also say so, that color is not very fitting for combat situations." Boom stated, talking about 99's new armor. "Especially nocturnal endeavors, which we are sure to be forced into on a place such as Nar Shadaa."

Tag 99.

21. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007

"I know Boom, it wasnt exactly my first choice. But last time I checked we didnt have any spare cans of armor paint aboard the ship."

99 thought about a suitable name for a few moments. A good name for a bounty hunters vessel.

"Lets christen this vessel, The Tal Ord'inii. Roughy translated in mandalorian it means the Blood Lunatic. Sounds ok by me."

They were approaching the exit vector for Nar Shadaa in hyperspace. He plugged it in before they left hyperspace so no one immediatly opened fire on a ship with no transponder code.

Alpha-99 still wore his black military pants with the silver armor over top of it. Black and silver wasnt a bad contrast but for a bounty hunter... it wasnt ideal. Boom had a point. He would send Boom on preliminary recon to scout a suitable set up for base of operations while he did something about the armor.

---------------2 hours later---------------

The Tal Ord'inii, which was registered to a bounty hunter named Spades, landed on a pad on the planet of Nar Shadaa. 99 went through the checklist and powered down the vessel. He made sure that his pistols were locked in their places at his hips and strode down the landing ramp with Boom. He looked at Boom and nodded off in another direction.

"Go ahead and scout around the nearby area. Make sure it has good vantage points and is good enough to defend if neccisary. You know the bit. Comm me with coordinates when you have them. I am going to go get us some more credits and gear to work with."

99 strode off on the walkway towards the entertainment sector. He made sure that he was a pressance to the civilians passing him. It was like they had seen the armor before. Mandalorians were something fearsome in the hearts and minds of normal people. He accessed his helmet database with a few blinks and pulled up a map to the nearest bank. Since he was a bounty hunter now, he needed to exude an aura of "Dont mess with me." He thought he had been doing quite well at it when he came to a side entrance of the bank and his path was blocked by 3 men with blasters.

The one in the center stepped forward with a dirty smile on his face. He spoke with a thick accent. (think australian)

"looky wat we 'ave 'ere mates. A manalooooriannnn." His buddies chuckled dangerously. One another human and the other a long sounted Rodian.

Alpha-99 the ARC trooper would have tried diffusing the situation because he knew they were no match for him. But Spades the bounty hunter wouldnt. And he needed to get the word out. Jango Fetts voice permeated his helmet as he stepped foreward slowly.

"Actually.. its MANDA- LORIAN." The guy in the center spread his dirty smile even wider.

"Really...? I mus 'ave somin wrong wit my speech, me appolagies miser MANDA LORIAN."

"Apparently you do have something wrong with your speech, here, let me help you with that."

99 strode forward to the astonishment of 3 beings with charged blasters already drawn. His gauntleted hand soared out and clocked the man in the face. Knocking him startled to his back, blood pouring from his nose and mouth. Before the other two could raise their blasters his arms flew in a cross draw and spun both pistols up in an X on his chest. Each opposite landing in the face of the rodian and other human. They both dropped their blasters at the same time. Due to the close proximity the pistols pressed against the mans nose and the rodians long snout, bending it in slightly.

"I was thinking about breaking into the medical field to help those lesser than me in need. So boys, do you have speech impediments too?"

99 audibly pulled back the hammers on the pistols with a loud click.

The Rodians already large eyes got even wider. He shook his head quickly. His snout wiggling around with the effort.

"Nooo meesta mandalorian we speek just fine! We have an appointment right now and needa leev!"

"I bet you do."

He released the hammers and spun the pistols back to their holsters. He continued on his way and stepped on the chest of the man he had knocked

22. knite16

Sep 20, 2007

Boom walked through the current level of city he was on. Above and below him, vehicles hurried busily along. Boom commenced his scanning of the nearby warehouses for an empty one to set up the operations area as 99 had assigned him to do. He found one of suitable size with an unlocked door. It had probably been sliced and looted long ago and it's owner robbed of what was inside. Such is how things were on Nar Shaada. Upon getting closer to the doorway, someone stepped outside, a death stick in his hand. Boom wasn't exactly hidden standing in the dimply lit alley and the man saw him and yelled inside before opening fire on the droid. Boom returned fire with a snap of his arm, dropping the man. Boom scanned the man.

--Scanning--
    Orthius Huvv. Wanted in various systems for murder, theft, and kidnapping.

Other information:

Often travels and works with Cax Muldoon; wanted on similar charges.

Bounty offered on both, Dead or Alive.
    --End Scan--

Boom no sooner walked through the sliced door when shots rang out from the dark. Boom switched to night vision and moved into the darkness positioning the panicking criminal in his sights before putting him down.

~Sir, I've located an area for our base of operations. I've also secured us a bounty to better establish ourselves on this planet.~

Boom sent the coordinates.

Tag 99

OOC: 99, either you or John can determine the bounty amount.

23. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Inside of a "nice" nar shadaa credit deposit

99 recieved the comm transmission from Boom.

That was fast.... and a bounty already.. this droid is good...

"Good copy on the coordinats Boom. Wait one."

As he walked into the bank he drew his hands behind his back, clasping them lightly and appearing to take an interest in all of the details of the structure. In actuallity he was scanning his database for the names of those criminals that Boom had taken down. They were worth 25 thousand a piece...

Well thats small time for crooks but it's more money than I will ever see in my lifetime...

"Boom secure the building and take those bounties into the nearest turn in. I will be gettind us some additional funds as well, just in case those arent enough to cover what we need. I will meet you back at that warehouse in 4 hours. Still a few things I need to take care of."

99 walked up to a disdainful looking teller who was playing a holo-game on his work machine. As 99 approached, a big mandalorian bounty hunter to all eyes, the youth gulped and shut off his game. "C..can I help you sir?" 99 could tell that his hand was resting on the alarm button under the table.

"Yes I do hope so... I was thinking about opening an account here. Can you tell me what options I have? Please?"

The boy looked dumbfounded. "Your.. not here to rob the place?"

" Hahaha why would I do a thing like that? No I simply wish to DEPOSIT my credits, not steal. Just trying to make a living in the galaxy. Just like everyone else."

He looked relieved and started going over the options in a long winded, practiced speech. All the while 99 simply leaned against the counter and started tapping his index finger, looking impatient but listening.

In reality the tapping was activating his data breaker. It was covertly ripping funds from hundreds of accounts in small amounts and transfering them to a false account that 99 had fabricated on the trip over. Each tap brought more money into the "kill the empire fund" as he liked to refer to it as. When the sum reached a satisfactory amount 99 stopped tapping and waved the teller off in noncommital fashion.

"I am sorry but it doesnt seem like this is the place for me."

The boy stopped in mid sentance and looked blank. "Oh... well. Ok then. I hope you have a good day then."

"Oh I am sure I will, thank you for your time."

99 left the bank with just under half a million. Coupled with the bounties that Boom would turn in he would be set for the mission and transfer funds to the squad account for later use and requisition. The alliance may be a worthy cause but it wasnt the richest organization in the galaxy. 99 was simply helping on that end.

He headed down walkways and alleys where his map was guiding him. Alpha walked into a dimmly lit shop and slapped a credit chip on the counter. It contained 60 thousand on it. The owner immediatly perked up and cleared his schedule. 99 removed his helmet and placed it on the counter.

"Black please."

The shop keeper nodded enthusiastically and set to work.

tag boom

24. knite16

Sep 20, 2007

Boom followed his commands and dragged the two would-be criminals behind him. The act wasn't exactly discreet, but Boom wasn't looking for discretion. With any luck, word would spread of the two new Bounty Hunters in town and the people they were looking for would contact them.

Upon entering the turn in, the guards appeared a little stunned to see a droid like Boom dragging two carcasses behind him.

"Good evening sirs. I am here to collect the bounty on these two criminals; Cax Muldoon and Orthius Huvv."

One of the guards opened the files and removed a 25,000 credit chip from each. He paused for a moment and handed one to the other guard on duty and pocketed the remaining one before saying, "Well, thats a mighty fine job you did taking down those outlaws, but I'm sorry to tell you we'd don't pay bounty rewards to droids."

Boom cocked his head a little computing something. "I see. Well, my master will be terribly distraught to hear this. You see," Boom leaned inwards a little so the light from the counter lit his face better, showing the mandalorian symbol, "my master is the premiere Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in the galaxy and I am sorry to tell you he has disintegrated people for less."

The two went pale at the remark and the symbol on Boom's face. One turned to the other and whispered, "Boba Fett!" before fishing out his credit chip and handing it to Boom. The other followed suit very quickly.

It was against Boom's programming to lie to a sentient but with clever use of words, lies can be omitted. To his logic, 99 was the premiere Mandalorian Bounty Hunter in the galaxy since 99 was making his premiere as a Bounty Hunter today. The fact that the guards immediately thought of Boba Fett was an added bonus. And Boom wasn't sure if the disintegration part was true for both 99 and Fett or not. He had to assume so.

"Thank you gentlemen. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

Boom exited back to the streets and made his way to their makeshift base, grabbing some equipment from the shuttle on the way.

~Sir, I have received the sum of 50,000 credits for the bounties I turned in. I am returning to base now.~

Upon receiving the acknowledgment he added a question, ~Sir.. Have you ever disintegrated anyone?~

Tag 99

25. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Alixe
    Training rooms

"Well, he understands," Alixe thought. Alixe hoped Spartan understood at least.
    "Those stories about you," the Corporal asked her, "they're not true are they?" Alixe leaned against the elevator as it descended to her quarters.
    "Depends on what stories they are." She looked at the young soldier with a wild look. "If you mean killing traitors, then that would be an affirmative, those type of stories are true." On his reaction Alixe relaxed the intensity of her gaze. "That is for traitors though. For Rebels..." she let out a sigh, "certain favors if any of them are that desperate." They stepped off the elevator, the Corporal still wondering about this latest acquisition.
    "They say you fought Vader." He paused, not sure if he should pursue this line of inquiry.
    "No," Alixe told him. "No I did not fight Vader. If I did he would be dead. Or I would be."
    "We're here." Alixe paused to empty the pill bottle she had.
    "Do me a favor would you?" she asked, handing it over. "Take this to Colonel Spartan, make sure we are stocked on them okay. You a good kid." She let herself in, waving the Corporal off and looked around, finding an officers uniform. After a moment's thought she decided it was best to put it on, looking at herself in a mirror at the insignia that classed her as a Second Lieuntenant. Well rank didn't matter much to her and it was pretty informal in the Rebellion, officer robes or sniper fatigues, it was just a uniform. Figuring there was nothing else to do until she was called Alixe made her way to the training facilities, seeing a flight simulator and dismissed it out of hand. "Uh uh," she commented, knowing she couldn't fly and not game enough to try. There was simulated combat with blade where form and correct movement were stressed. That was important, no question, but Alixe wondered where underhandedness, doing whatever it takes to win, viciousness would have any place at all and went over to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.