main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Unit 117. SpecOps- Now accepting new players

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MCPO_John_117, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: I will proceed assuming that Creed is there to

IC:Alpha-99
    Breifing Room

99's eye twitched at all of the explosives and gear that Boom had unceremoniously dumped on the table. Droid logic at its best.

".....At ease Leiutenant Boom...."

Major 99 stood and circled behind his chair.

"We haven't been together for long and even now our losses are staggering. But where one man is lost others take his place. We are now back to full strength, and then some. We have some new faces around the table....*looks at the clones* ... and some rather familiar ones...."

"Our new Second Leiutenant Alixe Medcraft, along with ARC Sargeant Ca, and ARC Privates Mirshe, Prudii, and Traycn. I have only read about Leiutenant Medcraft thus far and expect good things. The ARCs here have an impressive skill template and will undoubtably aide our missions from here on out. Creed, you especially I think would be interested in talking to Private Prudii here, he shares your interest in stealth and subterfuge."

99 clasped his hands behind his back.

"I expect you all to work well together. If there are any quetions my door is always open. Other than that, your all on your own time. I will announce any missions coming our way in Colonel Spartans absence. I do however expect that everyone.... non-metallic.... keep themselves in peak physical condition. And Boom is to keep himself in.. top repair and optimal settings, such as it is. Alright then. Dismissed."

As soon as the words were out of his mouth Tracyn jumped to his feet, snagged his helmet and shuffled over to Boom.

"Is that a hand mounted flamethrower Sir? Say, wanna see my lighter?!"

99 grabbed his own black and blue helmet and once again delved into its comforting depths.

This was going to be an interesting team indeed. His eyes watched Medcraft carefuly from behind his visor.

Tag all

2. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Alixe
    Breifing Room

Non metallic. Alixe sneered at the comment, pulling her attention away from her leg. She glared at the clones but bit her tongue and said nothing. Since they were dismissed Alixe saw no reason to hang around.
    "So we just let Dacen die with the other Imperial slaves?" she asked, frustrated that there was really not much else they could do. Not waiting for an answer she stormed off, trying to keep her anger at the situation in checked.

Tag: All

3. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Gaph

"Alpha." Gaph called as the man was putting his helmet on. "I've got a rendezvous to keep and you aren't going to stand in my way. I'll be commedering our remaining transport to meet up with my Ally and you should make sure a bunk is ready for him when we return."

Gaph turned on his heels, walking from the room, but stopping short at the door, and turning to look at Alpha, who seemed to, with out notice, taken impromtu command of the facility, brought in new members of his kind, and started barking orders like he owned the place.

Still in the doorway, Gaph didn't even bother to look back at the man. "And trying to stop me would be a mistake...Sir."

Gaph left the room and headed for the hangar.

Tag: Alpha

4. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007

"And where do you think you are going?" Alixe asked, standing in Gaph's way. "Gonna make a try for Dacen anyway?" Her tone indicated if that was what he intended then she wanted in.

Tag: Gaph

5. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Alpha-99
    Exiting briefing room.

It is my job to hold order in the Colonels stead isnt it? He is gone and soldiers under my charge get upset because I am doing my job? Is this what it means to be a ranking officer?

It certainly didn't help that he had started at the same rank structure as the rest of them. Their first mission had put him in command of the team and because of his performance, he was promoted almost 5 steps above everyone else. Even if they were all officers now. He didn't much enjoy his people being insubordinate which is exactly what had just happened.

But berating Gaph at least would only push him further away. But right now he didn't have a choice. He stormed out of the room, stuffing his helmet on. At seeing his mood change, Sargeant Ca started to follow but 99 waved his hand away. He caught up with Gaph and Medcraft in the hangar. He pointed immediatly at the newest member.

"You. Dacen is dead according to our best information. That entire mission was a trap. You werent here for the first mission and have no idea what went on. YOU dont even know who Dacen is. Much less have a care about him. You have been with the squad for all of 2 days by my book and already you act like you have been here for years like these people are your family. If there was any chance that he was still alive then I WOULD go after him personally if it was a trap or not. Because I dont like leaving men behind. But do not assume that we are leaving a member of this team to die. Colonel Spartan would have made the same call if he was handed the information that I was. Deal with it. I dont care about your past or your present. It is my job to ensure that you and everyone else lives through this war. Is that understood leiutenant? All I care about is your future. I dont give a damn if you hold it against me or the other clones for being what we are, but I AM one of your commanding officers and you WILL not inspire insubordination. Is THAT clear Leiutenant?" He didn't wait for an answer before pointing to Gaph.

"You. Ship. Now."

He followed Gaph up the ramp of their remaining vessel and removed his helmet as he sealed the ramp. His voice became lower, but not in an intimidating way. He looked Gaph in the eye for a moment before sitting down on a couch in the main room of the ship.

"Gaph.... I wouln't try and stop you. And thats not what I am doing now. In fact just wait for this crate to get refueled and I will be in the launch tower myself to give you clearance. But please dont be angry with me. I am just trying to do what Colonel Spartan would. I dont pretend to like being made his second in command and I dont much like giving orders but it is something that I am good at... I was bred for it. I would appreciate if you at least tried to respect that. Clones didn't choose to be what we are. It was put upon us. I think people forget that sometimes. If you want to dispute the rank with Colonel Spartan when he returns I would be more than happy to arrange the meeting. But Gaph you CANT threaten your ranking officers.... we may be a ragtag group but we are still a military unit. And discipline HAS GOT to be observed. Had it been anyone else I WOULD have stopped you on principal alone. But I trust you, and I hope you can return that trust someday. I wish you the best of luck on your journey wherever your going. And if you need help just ask....."

He replaced his helmet and walked to the control pad.

"I wont appologize for what I am or what the others are Gaph. And I wont try to explain why we are the way we are. Anyone who hasn't been through the hardships that those men have in their short lives couldnt understand. So dont hold it against them. They will keep you alive longer...wait a few minutes while I get the techs to refuel this boat. I will be in the tower to give you the launch sequence Leiutenant..."

99 slapped the panel and the ramp dropped again. He walked up to a technician and signaled to refuel the ship. The tech jumped to comply and 99 made his way to the control room to ma

6. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004

Alexi stepped in his way, and his hand instantly went to his hip. Not that he needed the blaster, he could easily have slashed her throat with a flick of his claw, but he felt no need. Instead, hand on his blaster, he brushed past her, Alpha following behind him. He followed Gaph up the ramp, and began his "I didn't ask for this" speech. Gaph did he best to not laugh as things started to fall into place. Alpha went on about Dacen and how he was dead. How the troopers were going to keep him alive longer, how he trusted him but needed trust in return. Somehting about insubordination.

The ramp closed with a hiss, and Gaph took a moment to himself, laughing and smiling and changin gout of his military issue clothes into a pair of plain black fatigues he found aboard the Imperial ship. As the refueling hose backed away, Gaph took his seat in the pilots chair, and keyed up the comm system to the tower.

~"I assumed you've cooled off a bit there Alpha, and hope I can get a word in edgewise here. I have no plans on going after Dacen, or any other member of this team with out specific orders to do so. Had we actually gone after Dacen, my first priority would have been to keep him from spilling his guts...even if extraction was impossible and to do this actually required I literally spilled his guts all over a cell floor. I'm of a drifter species, our only respect to orders are to those from our own kind, and from those we trust. Even those can only be held to the character of the Ryn in question. I made a shuttle request prior to even learning of the mission to Rescue Dacen, and I set this Rendezvous up nearly a day ago. Now I have a brief window for this meeting, and I plan to bring back not Mano, but an old friend of mine to join our ranks. Old Fighter Pilot, Military Type...might get along with ya'll better than I do. Plus he brings a ship with him, and a knack for mechanics unseen in anyone on this station, maybe even in the whole Rebellion. I shouldn't be gone more than a day, if that, and will keep in contact with the station should complications arise. So, would you mind transmitting those codes mate?"~

Tag: Alpha

OOC: Sorry for not making my last posts clearer, I forgot you didn't know of my new character. I hadn't gotten around to posting his sheet yet, though Spartan approved it a week or so back. No hard feeling 'eh?

7. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Control Room

Oh.....

"Ok then.. I appologize for the speech then. Forget what I said.. Except about the clones, keep that one. I wasn't informed about this pickup for you. Good luck. We will be waiting for you when you get back."

99 hit the transmit button and the codes allowed gaph to launch.

Would it kill him to call me Major....

tag all

8. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Control Room

Alixe was taken aback by Alpha's words and couldn't think of how to reply for a moment, she didn't even know what to think. It was the thought of being back on Felucia, where she hunted down and killed Bly and his clone squad, that made her focus.
    "That hurts," she said, though her voice suggested she was more angry. "Really. Do you honestly believe Gaph needed encouragement?"

Tag: Alpha 99, Gaph

9. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: By "Him" and encouragement you mean.... who. Gaph?

10. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    **OOC: Whoops. Yeah Gaph, I was referring to Alixe pulling up Gaph and suggesting he might want company on whatever he was going to do.**

11. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    Control room

99 was beginning to get irritated.

"Mind your place. Whether or not he needs encouragement is irrelevant as far as your concerned. Your off on a rocky start Leiutenant.... I want you in the training room in 15 minutes. Get all the gear you need for a full mission."

99 walked passed her out of the control room.

"Your about to be put through the motions."

Tag Alixe

12. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed

The commotion was distracting, his quiet meditation was continually disrupted as raised voices echoed around the command center. The clone must have returned....

Creed made his way quietly to the control room and stopped short as he saw the faces of those present. They were tense, conflict had happened here. As he entered the room a very disgruntled female walked passed him, quickly Darkan returned his gaze to Alpha. "Permission to speak sir.....Major..sir.....this unit of ours, it seems to be becoming frayed, the losses we suffered on the last mission seem to have rattles us all. Plus on top of that the new arrivals are...well...new."

Tag Alpha

13. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Training room

Alixe was the first to arrive, decked out in full mission gear as ordered and her body tense as durosteel as she held the carbine up to her shoulder, ready for anything Alpha 99 might throw at her. She had on a Rebel snipers helmet over her bald scalp and the green coat they wore was slung over her shoulders. Across her back a Tenlos XL6 Disrupter Rifle dangled from a harness and several Thermal Detonators were clipped to a belt. Sensing someone enter Alixe swung the weapon across and aimed it at Alpha, her finger slipping from the trigger guard and preparing to fire before she realized who it was. She teetered on the edge of instinct, her training catching her in time to keep from firing, where she held the blaster on Alpha a second longer than soldiers normally do when someone they weren't targeting came across their aim, before lowering it to the low ready position and tried to push any personal issues aside.
    "Reporting as ordered Major," she said respectfully. "You had some training prepared for me."

Tag: Alpha 99

14. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Alpha-99
    control room

"I know it is Darkan. I am doing what I can to alleviate that. If you want a demonstration head to the training room."

99 commed boom and told him to do the same.

He entered the training center and immediatly had a blaster trained on him. Had 99 been anything less than a practical man, he would have shot her for being too jumpy.

"Never make the mistake of aiming a weapon at me or your squadmates unless you plan on pulling the trigger. Because if you hesitate again, I wont. Understandably its the armor that has your brain nervous. Get used to it. Your going to see a lot of it from here on in and you need to distinguish the difference between us and them. Hesitation means death and death means that I will be pissed off. You dont want that on your concious. And its not the death I am talking about. It is me being pissed off."

99 strode fully into the room trailled by Boom and 4 ARCs. (And Creed if he decided to come)

"This exercise you wont be doing alone. Boom and Tracyn will be accompanying you. Regardless of rank, I am making you squad leader here Medcraft. Boom, while having tactical advantage and capability, will be on your orders. However he DOES have the freedom to neglect your orders should he choose to. Your objective is simple. Get in, get out with a disk, and keep your men alive. Thats it. Nothing fancy. I read your file for the fancy things. The difficulty of this exercise will be set to one step below maximum. Which is just under ARC standards. Tracyn this should be a walk in the park for you. But you are to follow Medcrafts orders none the less."

The ARC gave him a thumbs up that was hiding his prized lighter and Prudii gave him a slap on the back of his helmet.

"For this mission the Disk contains vital information concerning a super weapon that the Empire is designing, by getting this information the alliance will have intel on how to take it down and take with it, the leadership of the empire. It is absolutely vital that this information make it through the mission. I will put the data in myself and wil be monitoring your progress. Rely on your team mates and utilize their respective skills and this should be a walk in the park. Enemy weapons are set to sun but they still pack a punch. Your on your time Leiutenant Medcraft. Get it done."

99 wasnt wearing his normal slug thrower pistols on his hips. He had two blaster pistols that looked clone commander issue instead. Upon inspection, it was obvious that Ca now held a single slug thrower in his holster and Prudii had the other, their blasters were missing.

Alpha waved to an unseen person in the control booth and the simulation stared up. They now appeared to be in an Imperial Bunker. 99 made his way to the back of the bunker and slipped the disk into the computer. 99 commed someone on his comm but it was impossible to tell who or what he was saying even if somoene had been standing right next to him.

He didn't come back out of the bunker......

Tag all

OOC: Boom as always is Knite, I will control Tracyn but he will follow your orders. Have fun!

15. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Big Jo'an's Flying Cantina, Somewhere in the Mid Rim.

Big Jo'an's was a popular location for more illegitimate meetings. It was hard to find and less well known that even some of the most back water bars in the galaxy. Build on an abandon deep space refueling station, the large cantina had a class 2 hyperdrive for quick escapes, and looked so run down on the outside that you would have never expected it's hangar bays to constantly be full of ships.

Gaph had been a regular here long ago, it was where he had met "The Captain"...where they had become fast friends and where they were the last time they saw each other. Needless to say this place had history, and there was evidence of that around every corner, on every wall. Blood, vomit, blaster scorches. But old Jo'an had always kept it pretty calm.

They didn't call him Big Jo'an for nothing. A member of the Yaka race, large, hulking humaniods as tall as Wookies and just as strong, they prided themselve in their intelligence, due mostly to their self-employed cybernetic implants. Big Jo'an was big, even for his species. As Gaph strolled into the main area of the bar, the Yaka smiled from where he was serving drinks, something he always did every now and then to keep in touch with the customers.

"Gaph!" Jo'an called in a booming voice, "It has been far too long my old friend. Let me fetch you your table." he continued, letting a droid take over his post, and grabbing a bottle of Correllian Whiskey as he walked. He waved Gaph to follow him toward the back, into a dark corner where many a deal had been made. Two Defel's sat there, basking in the low light. Jo'an barked a gruff order for them the vacate the area, and surprisingly they did. It just went to show what kind of power Jo'an had.

"Anyone meeting you my little friend?" Jo'an asked, setting the bottle on the table as Gaph took his seat, and picked up one of the glasses left by the Defel's, dumping it's contents over his shoulder and filling it with the dark liquor.
    "Jack been in?" Gaph inquired. Jo'an got a blank look on his face as his brain communicated with the station's central computers.
    "He's just asked to dock. We're clearing a hangar bay out for him right now....I hear he's racked up a bounty bigger than both of us. I heard through the Karrade network that the Empire's starting to put things together. They're looking for 'The Crew'...we shouldn't have so many in one spot like this."
    "They ain't no closer to knowing who 'The Crew' is as they are to having control of the Outer Rim, they talk a big game but they have nothing really. Plus I'm working for someone a little safer these days." Gaph lowered his voice to a near whisper, getting close to the Yaka's ear. "Rebs."

Jo'an didn't know what to say. He stared blankly for a moment more, possibly trying to comprehend what he had just heard.
    "You think that's the right thing to do?" The Yaka whispered in reply.
    "They don't know about my past any more than the Imps, and anyone is better than the Imps. Plus these blokes don't give a chuck of space rock for crimes against the Republic or anyone else for that matter. They just wanna get rid of the Imps, and I don't mind helpin' 'em. They've got my blessing Jo'an, and if any of 'em come asking for shelter don't turn them away, and put the charge on my tab. Last I checked you owed me more than you have in this Bar...." he paused, looking at the bottle of whiskey. "I think this is out of the shipment I got you, with out a single bloke knowing it too. You're lucky to have a friend like me Jo'an."

The giant just smiled, and looked up to see another man walking their way, and nodded his head, taking his leave. He knew better than to get in Gaph's business, Gaph had always been good to him.

Tag: None

16. Lord_Raziel

Lord_Raziel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2007
    IC: Creed

Darkan watched from the sidelines, his back firmly against the training room wall. He gazed at the new simulation, a small smirk appeared on his face. The major is getting a little more rough these days, must be old age.

Creed watched as the Arcs took their places, he did not care much for them, they were soldiers, nothing more. Their loyalty would always be questionable, even with the Major around. Creed was armed at all times these days, his short swords a flick of the wrist away.

The unit had changed a lot since the firs mission. Many of their number did not make it back, when they started they were a ragtag bunch. Creed now stood in full black uniform, the special ops insignia printed on the shoulders and chest of the crisp jacket. He did not wear it without some personal touches however, his gauntlets still strapped nicely over the material as well as the extensive weapon belts and holsters for all his blades. His raven black hair was kept loose and flowed down across his shoulders, his white face was startling against the black of his uniform. He merely gazed out with his silver eyes on the scene which was to follow.

Tag all

17. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Training room

If that is what you think then you hardly know me at all. Alixe didn't say anything, choosing to keep quiet and hear out the mission. Oh quit thumping your chest before you bruise it, she thought when Alpha said about it being just below Clone standereds. When she was certain he had finished she gave a slight nod, sized up the operation for a moment before unslinging the Disrupter rifle as she would be too close in for it to be any use. She circled her hand for Boom and Tracyn to join her.
    "We better keep this quiet if we can." Alixe faced the bunker, before picking up the rifle and removing the thermal scope. With it she tried to pick up any heat signatures of whoever might be inside. "Stack up on the door and prepare for stealth entry," she ordered, moving carefully so as not to make any noise, giving hand signals to indicate that she would cover as Tracyn looked for any sign of opposition.

Tag: all

18. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: ARC Trooper Traycn

Tracyn stacked the door as ordered and placed his finger in the door frame. The sensor in his glove detected nothing and he signaled back that the way was clear before pulling up his M5.

tag boom, medcraft

19. MCPO_John_117

MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2007
    OOC: Hey guys sorry I haven't been posting I've been with out power. An Ice storm came through and tried to wipe us out. anyway i'm still cleaning up around here so i may still be posting off and on so Radiance is in charge for now.

20. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Training room

Alixe nodded and reached for her scope, thinking there was no such thing as being too careful, before stopping and reaching the rifle instead.
    "Hold on," she whispered, fixing something quickly on it. "Okay, we good." Having the blaster set to kill would not have gone down well at all. That sorted, she used the scope to try and spot anyone inside. After a moment she looked at Boom and Tracyn, shaking her head. "Nothing." She wondered if maybe this was starting out too easy. She also wondered if maybe there was another way around, if Alpha was sensible he would have secured the front. It might take a bit of work but it might be worth trying to surprise him through an alternate route. "Your call," she whispered to her two teammates, a questioning look on her face as she pointed to where they were, and then up and around, suggesting the possibility of there being a better way.

Tag: Boom, Tracyn, Alpha 99

21. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    IC:Tracyn

Tracyn shook his head at Alixe and whispered back.

"Sorry LT. Strict orders this is your show. You order we follow thats the way it works."

Tracyn started wondering if all normal commanders were like this. He had only ever served under ARC's. This wasnt getting a good start. He waited for Medcraft to make her move.

tag Alixe

22. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Training room

Alixe reached over and pushed the door open slightly, looking in to see no sign of security. No guards, no infrared lasers, no nothing. She took a quick look with the scope to make sure.
    "This is too easy." Alixe didn't like it one bit. "We go around. This is a trap." She unclipped one of the thermal detonators. "Boom, set this to be remotely detonated. It will create a distraction when we find an alternate route." She handed the sphere over. "Tracyn, I will provide cover while you move to the bunker corner. Once you are there provide cover for me. Boom, once you are finished join up, we will provide cover." Alixe shouldered the rifle to cover Tracyn. "Understood?"

Tag: Boom, Tracyn, Alpha 99

23. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    "End of the maze"

99 inserted the objective disk into a data terminal and hard encrypted it. It would take even Mirshe a few minutes to crack it. The major walked calmly around the room and started placing traps. A few simulation laser flechette mines that were trip wired to the door, if it opened, whatever was standing on the other side would have an extremely bad day. Then he took a single auto turret and programed it to fire stun bolts at anything moving in the vents. There was no silent way in for the team. They would have to take it by force. But direct force meant the possible and probable loss of life. It was in no way shape or form easy.

99 commed the control booth.

"Set the droids in patrol mode, thats enough guess work for the entrance." 99 thought for a moment and smiled. Then commed an open channel that would reach all in the training center.

"Leuitenant Boom. Stand down. You have been chosen to be exempt from this exercise. Due to the cut in manpower the difficulty will be dropped slightly. It still wont be easy Medcraft. So keep your eyes up. Your first challange should be arriving about.... now."

Alpha heard the stun bolts start firing into the once clear hallway that lead to the entrance.

That should drop their heads a bit.

"Things dont always go the way you want them too leuitenant. It's called adaptation. I want to see how you can adapt to a tricky situation. Your on the ball. Try not to get shot. I am told that stun bolts sting."

Now, to ease up the defense a bit....

99 removed the door mines and instead took a handful of small, round devices that when thrown out into the hallway, snapped open three legs and attached to the floor. Proximity detonators. Simulators for this exercise of course.

IC: Tracyn

As soon as 99 had said now, fire erupted from a droid taking cover behind the corner. Stun bolts ricosheted off of the walls at them, he immediatly pulled back his head just as a stray bolt came zinging at him.

"No shot ma'am. What do you want to do?!"

Tag Medcraft.

OOC: Lol I promise I am not picking on you, just trying to move things along a little. But pay attention to how things play out. theres going to be a test later ;) hehehe! have fun!

24. knite16

knite16 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 20, 2007
    IC: Boom

Boom's turret cooled down and he exited the simulator turning and walking to the coordinates for the Major for his post-training debriefing. His human interaction interface counted numerous tones in the voices of the Major and Medcraft when they spoke to each other and he determined that there was now only a 62.3% chance that they did not like each other which was a significant decrease from the 84.9% chance he had calculated upon returning for Nar Shaada. He would be interested in the results once the simulation was over and again after their first real mission together.

Boom entered the back door of the simulator where the Major was setting up and gave a salute. "Reporting for debriefing, sir."

Tag 99

25. nancyallen

Nov 19, 2007
    Bunkers

Dammit. Alixe looked at Tracyn, then at the bunker entrance, trying to size the situation up. She knew this was a setup. The turrets would be the hardest part, but they woulkd be only training remotes. The hardware the edgy Lieutenant had however was real. Unclipping the second of three thermal detonators Alixe tossed it for Tracyn to see before rolling it into the bunker. She braced herself against the wall for the explosion, which was powerful enough to actually blast out of the bunker, as well as set off several smaller blasts.
    "Move!" Alixe took the lead, firing off into the smoke, reasonably confident that the turrets were taken care of for now and even Alpha, if he was here somewhere, would be frozen enough for them to at least get a foothold. She took cover and continued firing. "Go around!" she ordered Tracyn, "Go around!"

Tag: Tracyn, Alpha, Boom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.