United Artist confirms TIX on sale for AOTC on Friday, May 3

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    I literally just this very nanosecond received an email response from United Artist Theatres Guest Relations in response to a question that I sent on 04/05/02 regarding AOTC tix.

It said:

Star Wars tickets will go on sale Friday, May 3.

Corrine Fantasia
    Manager, Guest Relations
    9110 East Nichols Ave., Suite 200
    Englewood, CO 80112
    303-792-3600
    Fax:303-792-8749
    guestrelations@uatc.com

This confirms the rumblings that I heard from AMC Theatres about two hours ago regarding tix on sale Friday AM.

It begins...

2. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Great, thanks for the news! I know What I'll be doing at Midnight thurs night lol
  3. StarBlazer Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I read somewhere the earliest tickets can be sold is 10 AM Friday.

*SB*
  4. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    So I'll buy em here at work!
  5. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Yea I bet you can buy then online at that time as well, or I hope atleast. AMC website is movietickets.com
  6. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    As you can hear the crickets chirping because its so quiet in here as everyone call people to arrange ticket buying....
  7. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    yes but we're going to UA not AMC. UA's website is www.UATC.com
  8. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm going to the Continental to see Spider-Man on Friday at 12:30. I'll bet it'll be a zoo.
  9. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Jefferson, don't know If I'll be able to make it. I'm so tired, I might just take it easy tonight. But don't be suprised if I show up.
  10. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Denver fans,

I thought I would pop in here to give the info I just got from the AMC 24 in Westminster and the AMC 14 at Flatirons, since I just got off the phone with them.

The answer from both locations is that there will be no midnight showing at either the 24 or the 14 (I don't know if that's old news or not).

The guy at the AMC 14 said that Lucas was forbidding midnight showings and the guy at the AMC 24 said that Spiderman was going to be "to popular," thus not allowing a midnight showing 'cause there isn't the availability of the big screens.

However, I can confirm that tickets for opening day will go on sale @ 10 am. Since I am planning to go with my friends, I will probably be going to a night showing at the AMC 24 on opening day and miss all the fun at the Contential. However, I must now get back to studying for finals. If I want to get in to CSU for grad school (though I am going to CU for ugrad), I gotta do well in my classes. Lates all!

EDIT: just had to correct my writing a little
  11. Jedi_Nova Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow, I have lost all faith in AMC managment. Like a midnight show of Star Wars would be beat out by Spiderman???? Oh give me a break!

I am going to see Spiderman tomorrow night at a sneek peek for media types, if we make it in I will let everyone know how it was.....

I am thinking it gonna be "just OK" in my book.
  12. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it took all of my control not to rip the head off of both of the AMC people. *sigh*
  13. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thanks fer that heads-up, W5!!!
  14. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so whats the plan guys JO if they wont be selling them online I will go down and stand in line at the box office to get them.
  15. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yur gonna stand in line before ten on Friday, CHUNK? I can be there at 0730.
  16. chunk_the_jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    might as well its not like I got anything else to do
  17. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    We got a clue as to how many tiks we need for the 'lost chidren'?

I gotta hit the rack, CHUNK...PM me with numbers of tiks, will ya?! Thanks!
  18. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    I looked at my post again and realized I should have clarified something. I am very embarrassed to have made a mistake on my first post in the RMFF. [face_blush]

So here is my correction to what I said:

I know for sure (like 100%) that 10am is when the AMC theaters start selling opening day tickets. I am not as sure that 10 is when the UA. However, it makes sense, because that is when the box office opens up. You might wanna confirm that with Corrine Fantasia (303-792-3600) tomorrow.

Ok, I am gonna run and hide now 'cause I feel really embarassed for making that mistake. [face_blush]

*runs away REALLY fast*

EDIT: I had to correct my spelling. Now I am running away to the safety of the JCC.

EDIT 2: I had to add this. Yes, you can PM me and tell me how wrong I was to not post the correct info before. Like I said, I am really embarrassed in making that mistake. [face_blush]
  19. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm about to say screw the continental. I bet there won't even be a midnight showing and our plans would all be fu$@ed! I'm thinking of just buying my tickets for the 10am show or whenever SW is up at Westminster Promenade 24 or wherever D&B is and going to see it first thing in the morning. But Mike, if you could find out if they're doing the midnight there, It'd be awesome if you could score some tickets. Except You'd need the cash up front :( I get paid on friday at 9:30 and by then the line would be out of hand I bet
  20. JediCodogg Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey chunk count me in for 3 tix because i have some friends that want to go and r willing to pay u service fees as well as ticket costs (and me to ofcourse :) )
  21. JediCodogg Jedi Knight

star 1
    i would go but i thought they would come out midnight
    so i cant go if they come out 10 am cause i got school!!!!! :(
  22. JediCodogg Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh and by the way that service fee price my friend said would be a somewhat hefty sum i mean like 5 or 10 bucks

lol

but hey if u get enough tix for them think of how many 5 or 10 bucks would add up to
  23. Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Master

star 4
    thats quite a "hefty" sum for buying tickets for people...
  24. Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Master

star 4
    so would u pay a service fee as well, or is that just for ur friends to pay?
  25. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Well since I've already taken Mike under my wing. I get priority over you! lol And there are only so many per person can get. So you and your five friends have to skip friday and go on down there with him, sucka!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.