United Artists WED 12:01 am showing

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Whatsabongo, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

O.K. I've checked both the moviephone.com website and the United Artist's theater web site... I've checked in Texas and in other states and United Artists does have a WED 12:01 Showing listed. This goes well beyond a typo or mistake, if untrue it would be a GLARINGLY clear error.
  2. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Alot of theatres are saying that on tickets etc. Doesn't make it true. Especially as the same thing happened for TPM.
  3. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

It doesn't say it on tickets. It says it on the UA website and the Moviephone website. Not only that but I originally had seen a wed midnite showing at ONLY the denton theatre on Sunday. Since then 3 other UA theaters have been added. That means someone not only had to have seen the error (if it was one) and had the chance to correct it, but actually ADDED theaters to the list.

I have already gotten email confirmation of my tickets for the UA WED advanced screening. Better safe than sorry.
  4. Loudox Jedi Padawan

As posted on another thread I have 10 Tickets in my posession that say

STAR WARS
    12:01am Wed 5/15/02
    Adult $7.00 Tax $0.53
    Rates PG
    Auditorium 9

I traded my 12:01am Thurday 5/16/01 tickets in for these to see it a day early. Many are saying it is a misprint but I am getting in touch with my friend at the Galaxy to find out more.
  5. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

Yea, it's gonna suck knowing that you spent all that time sitting in line at a "front row joe" theater line knowing that a bunch of newbs are going too see the film a whole 24hours before you...

After all every true star wars fan knows that every star wars movie has premiered on a wed.
  6. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
    At least my "front row joe" theater has DLP. Your Galaxy has poor parking and a failing, no-longer-THX-certified sound system. It's also kinda funny that based on your theory, on the UA theaters can show EP2 early. (UA plant??) If you go to Moviefone.com and look for EP2 tickets on May 15th, you get a listing of UA theaters only. I would have to say that UA is one of the last dying dinosaurs of the old movie theater chains. Don't get me wrong, I wish they were still thriving, along with General Cinema (esp N.Park), but they are on their way out. My guess is that they just have the wrong times listed and/or it's the only way for their computers to recognize a 12:01 showing.

By the way, have you bothered to check with LucasFilm Ltd to confirm your theory of an opening on May 15?? Because what was posted on the official site back on Nov 12, 2001 as the official release date for EP2 is May 16, 2002. Here is the LINK where you can read it for yourself.
  7. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

Yea, nice link "Darth Chocolate" but that was before spider-man made 114 million at the box office. If you think 20th century fox isn't in competition your fooling yourself. We'll see who's right "better safe than a day late!"
  8. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Guys, relax and wait...no one has all the details on the AOTC screenings yet. In fact, the movie chains have started selling tickets without having the final negotiations completed.

From a search for AOTC showtimes on the UA official site at http://www.uatc.com/movies/movie.adp?geoData=329229+-969697+ZIP+%7B%7D+IRVING+TX+75063+DALLAS+USA&movieId=10533&date=20020515&x=11&y=8 :

United Artists MacArthur Marketplace Stadium 16
    8505 Walton Boulevard, Irving, TX, 75063
    (972) 506-8064
    Theater Express Code: 078
    Distance: 0.2 miles
    Map & Directions

We're sorry, at this time we do not have showtime information for this theater on
    May 15, 2002. Please try again later.

United Artists Plaza 8
    9330 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX, 75231
    (214) 691-0049
    Theater Express Code: 026
    Distance: 12.1 miles
    Map & Directions

We're sorry, at this time we do not have showtime information for this theater on

United Artists Galaxy Stadium 10
    11801 McCree Road, Dallas, TX, 75238
    (214) 343-9622
    Theater Express Code: 116
    Distance: 17.4 miles
    Map & Directions

United Artists Golden Triangle 5
    2201 South I-35 East, Denton, TX, 76205
    (940) 387-2224
    Theater Express Code: 084
    Distance: 19.5 miles
    Map & Directions

1 through 4 of 4

No info for showings on the 15th, though a few of the locations (Lewisville and Galaxy) list info for midnight showings on the 16th...UA's own website should be the official word on this issue...though it does list AOTC as being "NR" when the movie's actually been listed as being "PG"

United Artists MacArthur Marketplace Stadium 16
    8505 Walton Boulevard, Irving, TX, 75063
    (972) 506-8064
    Theater Express Code: 078
    Distance: 0.2 miles
    Map & Directions

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (NR)

10:00am | 1:10pm | 4:20pm | 7:30pm | 10:45pm

United Artists Lewisville 10
    1600 South Stemmons Freeway, Lewisville, TX, 75067
    (972) 434-8055
    Theater Express Code: 049
    Distance: 6.9 miles
    Map & Directions

10:00am | 1:10pm | 4:20pm | 7:30pm | 10:45pm | 12:01am

United Artists Bedford 10
    2000 Forum Parkway, Bedford, TX, 76021
    (817) 354-8881
    Theater Express Code: 066
    Distance: 10.2 miles
    Map & Directions

12:00pm | 3:20pm | 7:00pm | 10:15pm

United Artists Plaza 8
    9330 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX, 75231
    (214) 691-0049
    Theater Express Code: 026
    Distance: 12.1 miles
    Map & Directions

10:00am | 12:00pm | 1:10pm | 3:20pm | 4:20pm | 7:00pm | 7:30pm | 10:15pm | 10:45pm

United Artists Eastchase Stadium 9
    8301 Ederville, Fort Worth, TX, 76120
    (817) 795-5332
    Theater Express Code: 048
    Distance: 16.8 miles
    Map & Directions

10:00am | 1:10pm | 4:20pm | 7:30pm | 10:45pm

9. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

That's funny I just clicked on your link and then "episode 1 - attack of the clones" and it said May 15th 12:01 am showing.
  10. censor23 Jedi Master

star 4
    it's just a glitch with their system... they need to count it on wednesday's billing for accounting reasons or something... trust me you will be seeing the movie wednesday night/thursday morning... it's not wednesday morning/tuesday night.
  11. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

We'll see who's right. I trust the distributor more than your hearsay.
  12. censor23 Jedi Master

star 4
    Fox is the distributor... they are not going to let anyone show the movie early... you're simply stupid if you think otherwise.
  13. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

"Denile" isn't just a river egypt...

I'll put cash on it. Who else has that confidence? $100 that the UA listing is correct. Who'll take me up on it?
    "Stardog_Champion@hotmail.com"
  14. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    STAR WARS.COM
    Says clearly on the top of the page, MAY 16th.

That is what you should go by. Untill that changes, then its jsut rumor or computer error.
  15. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

c',mon which one of u ****** will take me up on it. $100 dollars that Ep2 will be advanced screen on UA at 12:01 am WED.

edit for language
  16. censor23 Jedi Master

star 4
    sure... i'll bet you $1000... the movie will be shown at UA late wednesday/early thursday... i can't wait for the look on your face when you show up on the wrong day.
  17. THX_Jedi FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Watch your language Whatsabongo.
    :cool:
  18. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay, guys. There is no need for this to get inflamed. This is a friendly board and we don't need taunts, cursing, or threats.

If you guys end up seeing the film a day early--more power to you and congratulations! I personally would still rather see it on the DLP, regardless of when the show is. :)

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Everyone will get to see the film multiple times I'm sure.

So anyway, discuss all you like, but please be civil about it, or if that's not possible, take it onto some other board that allows more 'heated' conversations. ;)
  19. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    I just called the UA MacArthur and talked to Asst. Manager Anna (972) 506-8064...

She informed me that they know it is causing confusion, but they thought that people would realize that, with the movie opening on the 16th, the Wednesday listing means Wednesday night line-up for the 12:01 a.m. Thursday showing.

But, us fans being who we are, of course we'll tend to take everything too seriously and literally ;)

20. Whatsabongo Jedi Padawan

That doesn't add up.

1)The whole reason the times are listed as 12:01 am is too avoid the confusion that 12:00 am would cause.

2) The thur. 12:01 showing at the galaxy is sold out. If the links were for the same showing they would both be sold out. Which they are not.

3)I don't believe the people working at theaters know anything more than we do. They won't know what's going on until the reel shows up on their doorstep with the times listed to show it.

4)Having listings on the web that are not true would be fraud and make companies legally libel. There are people running these sites just like us. They are not going to post misinformation. If it was an error computer or human otherwise. It would have been fixed by now.

5)Its actually MORE confusing to have two times up. If there was only one... that would be it -- just one selection. Why would anyone do that?
  21. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We don't know. I personally think it was a mistake but I can't be sure. I suggest you keep checking up with UA and the Galaxy to get the facts.
  22. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    Very good points, but keep in mind that this whole confusing/conflicting situation came about because the theater chains' corporate offices jumped the gun and decided to have the theaters put tickets on sale for a movie they haven't finished negotiating the rights to.

From a legal cost standpoint, I think they would be much more worried about Lucasfilm suing them or pulling the movie if they slip up and exhibit the movie to the public before its release date than they would about any complaints they received over misleading information posted on their website.

Find their corporate office number, contact their marketing rep, and get the scoop. It will be interesting to see how they extricate themselves from this mess...
  23. Coachkenobi Jedi Padawan

I think this is more likely a system error. maybe they still consider 12:01am to be Wednesday because the theatre hasn't closed. I can promise you that if Lucas hasn't changed the date to May 15 (and starwars.com doesn't seem to indicate this) you won't see EPII Tuesday/Wednesday. Your best bet might be to call the theatre and talk to a human being...

If nothing else, the poor high school student who programmed the ticket machine may just have gotten confused about the 12:01am technically being Thursday...
  24. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Went online today ant Galaxy did show that it had a 12:01 showing on wednesday the 15th, But it did not offer an option to purchase.

This was through Moviefone.com

If Im not Mistake this same thing happend last time. Our tickets had Tuesday the 18th 12:05am... But they told us that the system can't put the next day for whatever reason.

Stone, B, Tim wasnt that the case ?[face_plain]

25. censor23 Jedi Master

star 4
    my ticket at the grand also says wednesday... and my ticket for tpm said the same... it's just a glitch in the system... they don't do midnight screenings that often :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.