Universal Studios Meet, Tuesday 10th

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by JediXtine, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXtine Jedi Master

star 1
    Wondering if anyone is interested in doing a Universal Studios meet, similar to the one we did at Disneyland in California. Alternatively we could do a Disney meet, but I was thinking Universal is much more convenient to the convention center and area hotels, plus they will have the Harry Potter exhibit up and going hopefully. I know it's premature but I wanted to put this out there since people will be making travel plans. I am thinking of August 11th for a meet day, what do you all think?
  2. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    HARRY POTTER LAND!!! HELL YES.

Is C5 doing a preview night? I know my roommates desperately wants to do Universal (for the Harry Potter land), but might not be able to if it's the day before the convention due to setting up the 501st stuff.
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    There's talk in SFFF of maybe going to Universal after CV, and/or maybe hitting one of the Disney water parks.
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I know there are a couple people talking about getting in on Monday to do Universal and or Disney before C5.
  5. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I would be down for that! I'll probably both arrive a day early for the con and leave a day late, so whether it's before or after, sign me up!
  6. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If Maulie and I go, we'd do Universal/Sea World before the con, then spend a week at WDW, as value season starts the day the con ends :p
  7. buggyvirus1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    sounds like fun to me. :D I would love to do that.
  8. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    While it would be fun, I doubt I could talk the people I would be going with into that... at least partially because of the cost.
  9. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    The Shiny contingent is planning on going to both Universal and Disney. So yes very much down for this. :)
  10. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I'm hoping to arrive on Monday, since it's a group thing it might be a problem. On the other hand as it is now it's more about some people only wanting to book an hotel for the con itself, I could always fly early and bunk with some of you for a couple of nights, or...[face_batting]
  11. hothie Jedi Master

star 2
    Dajuan and I are planning on getting in on Monday, and then Tuesday hitting the Cape Canaveral tour, and just spending time at Cocoa Beach (we're in Iowa, not too much beach around here...:p)
  12. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I was planning on doing Cape Canaveral after CV, but it would be fun to go together with some people. Still need to talk to the people I'm travelling with.
  13. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    We're arriving on Monday.

Can we do Universal on Tuesday?
  14. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I definitely want to do Universal before CV, and what's a better way of shaking off the jetlag than having fun with friends. I'm all for going there on Tuesday.
  15. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    Tuesday or Wednesday is good by me.
  16. echo-3 Former RSA

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hopefully there wont be a oil slick to block your view of the ocean.
  17. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I would be down for Universal on Tuesday (or Wednesday, if that's easier for more people). I'd really like to go to the Harry Potter park.
  18. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    I won't be getting in until Wednesday morning, so I'd have to do Universal on Wednesday.

19. Bri_Windstar Force Ghost

star 4
    That sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! We're driving down on Tues. and staying thru the 16th. We've talked about maybe doing one/some of the parks but haven't made a decision yet. I'd be down for it if I can swing it. :)
  20. EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm doing Universal Movie Studios on Tuesday and Island of Adventure on Wednesday.
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, it looks like the few of us from SFFF will be going after CV, so we won't blow our money so fast! ;)
  22. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    It looks like I'll be doing Island of Adventure (seriously just for Harry Potter world) on Tuesday.
  23. DK_Force85 Jedi Master

star 4
    By yourself? :p

(seriously just for Harry Potter world)

But the rest of the park is fun too.
  24. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    With my other San Diego people. :p

And I'm sure it is. And if we have any time after doing all of Harry Potter World, then we might venture to other parts of the park. We don't need to go to Universal - we have one in Hollywood. ;)
  25. DLoSith Force Ghost

star 1
    Me and a friend were already planning on an Islands of Adventure day on the 11th to experience the HP area. Looking forward to a pre-CV gathering if it comes together!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.