main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Universal Studios Meet, Tuesday 10th

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediXtine, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    DK, the Harry Potter area of IoA was lots of fun, but extremely crowded. There were lines just to go in the shops. We waited for at least an hour and a half, possibly longer, to get into Forbidden Journey (though it wasn't so bad because the queue area for that ride sets a great atmosphere... as you make your way up in the line, you walk through Hogwarts and see the various classrooms, Dumbledore's office, the portrait gallery & its talking portraits, etc). I can only imagine what it's like on weekends if that's what a Tuesday looks like. If you want to go, I'd recommend waiting a few months until the attraction is a little less new and the crowds are hopefully a little smaller.

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Wish I'd noticed this beforehand... I was there at pretty much the same time you guys were :p

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yep, fail on my part, definitely.

What's even funnier? I commented then to the guy I was with that I kept seeing faces that looked vaguely familiar and that they probably were people of whom I'd seen an occasional picture on here who were also going to Universal before CV.

...yeah. Probably did see some of you there just didn't know it for sure [face_laugh]

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You could have joined me in my "WHY DOES RAVENCLAW HAVE SO FEW POINTS?!" tirade on Forbidden Journey. :(

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, I definitely noticed that as well :p

Though roller coasters and I don't get along, so the actual ride part of that was not so great for me. Walking through the castle was fun, though. :)

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    But standing stationary in the line for half an hour right next to the Fat Lady's portrait screaming "HAIL GRYFFINDOR!" every two minutes wasn't my favorite part. :p

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    The line inside the castle actually went pretty quickly for us (after we got through the greenhouse bit, that is). Walking through taking pictures and listening but not having to wait on people.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    We got broken down twice in line. One was next to the Fat Lady (SO ANNOYING) and then another time in the Gryffindor Common Room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.