main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unknown Roads: Qui-Gon's Journey to Knighthood **Completed 4/3**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Musical Jedi, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Wow, I think these are the most responses I've gotten in one day. ;) I have an epilogue that will either go up later tonight or some time tomorrow. And my next story (which isn't up yet, but will be) is already started. I will put it up in the near future when there are a few more posts to it, so I don't leave my wonderful readers stranded for days on end without posts because the author is has trouble writing or homework. ;) It's another young Qui-Gon story. What can I say, I'm obsessed? :D

So, when do you want the epilogue? [face_devil]

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I don't want this to end... but this is the perfect spot. please continue more young Qui stories, you show that he's not emotionless keep up the good work. 7

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Beautiful. Just beautiful. Although I did half-expect that Qui-Gon's harsh blow to Aislinn's jaw would send her sprawling. Still, this was more effective, showing that nothing had more power over her in that moment than the sight of her master. I really loved this line: "the pervasive loneliness caused by not having what others did", and the lesson that Qui-Gon learned about the Force freeing them from their own confines. Wow. Great job everywhere! I can't wait for your next young Qui-Gon story. It's true, there really aren't a lot of them out there.

4. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Thanks you guys! *sniffle* I can't wait for your new story, Jane, just from your tagline. Here is my last post. Enjoy. It's been a pleasure. :) When I post it, I'll give you the link to my next story in here. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Epilogue

The chamber was silent as a small group of Jedi stood around the fringes of the room. Qui-Gon stood in the middle of the group, wearing nothing but the traditional white padawan tunics and robes, covered by the dark brown outer robe. His belt was empty of its usual materials, only his lightsaber clipped to it. Three Council members stood before him, Riven, Re?naid, and Yoda. Behind him and to his left, Qui-Gon could see Aislinn out of the corner of his eye, smiling quietly. Her master stood a short distance away, looking proud.

?Padawan learner Qui-Gon Jinn, please step forward.? Riven?s deep voice rumbled through the room like distance thunder. Qui-Gon focused on him, doing as he bid. He had passed his trials the day before, earning a night?s respite before the ceremony. The memories of that were locked within his mind and heart, things he wouldn?t be able to speak of to any other because of their intimacy. That was his.

?Please kneel.? Qui-Gon did so as Re?naid stepped forward. She smiled down at him for a moment before addressing the small crowd.

?This padawan has achieved all that is required of him. He has learned discipline and courage, as well as patience and intelligence. He is physically able to defend himself and many others. Qui-Gon is mentally capable of dealing fairly with other people and following the direction of the Council. He is spiritually capable of finding guidance and balance within the Force. Qui-Gon, do you choose to accept the path as a Knight of the Jedi Order, to complete the things asked of you by your fellow Jedi to the best of your abilities and cognition, to live a life worthy of the decision you are making??

?I do,? he replied solemnly. She nodded once, a smile glinting in her eyes. The female Council member stepped back.

?What is the code you will follow?? Riven rumbled.

?There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no death, there is the Force.?

Yoda came to take Qui-Gon?s place, taking the sword that Riven drew from a scabbard hanging from his waist. The diminutive Jedi looked respectfully at the padawan for a long moment, as if trying to impress his years of knowledge into the boy in that moment. The blade glinted in the artificial light of the room, its metal edge honed to a keen point. He laid the razor edge alongside Qui-Gon?s neck. ?A hard life this is,? Yoda said quietly, only to Qui-Gon. ?A long journey on a difficult road. But honor there is. May find always you the path you seek.? His voice rose so that the entire chamber could hear him. ?Knight thee, I do, in the name of the Jedi Order whose ranks have served for peace and justice throughout the galaxy.? He tapped both of Qui-Gon?s shoulders even as the padawan?s head was still bent reverently to the floor.

Yoda tugged gently at his braid, drawing up his face to look at his own green visage. A rare smile creeped over his face. Yoda drew the sword up to the hair and sheered the braid off, leaving a clean cut lock little longer than the rest of his hair. He handed the blade back to Riven and gave Qui-Gon a hug.

?I welcome you as a Jedi Knight into the Order.?

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :_| :_| well...I can't wait for more of your work Musical :) 7

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Thanks, 7! That means a lot to me. *sigh* I have to write a modernistic short story and I have no theme. :(

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    *breathes out in awe* That was wonderful. I was astounded by the part in which Re'naid recited all the things that Qui-Gon had achieved, and how capable he was in the three most important areas, and how she then asked if he chose to accept the path of a Jedi Knight. The entire paragraph radiated a kind of spiritual feeling which really reflected my idea of the Jedi Order as a religion, and which also showed the commitment and dedication required. I have not seen this idea expressed so well elsewhere, neither in fan fics nor in the professional works. Excellently done. I enjoyed the entire fic and I'm looking forward to more. :)

8. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Thank you Jane! That was a combination of my own ordination ceremony, when I became a Deacon, what I knew from mideval knightings, and what I had seen/read in the various stories of the GFFA. :) I'm glad you liked!

And.... a link! [face_devil]

An Anthem Deferred

9. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    Wonderful conclusion Musical Jedi !

And your new story starts wonderfully. ;)

the Admiral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.