main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous" & "Lord of War" by Abel & Joe (SWI #86)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  2. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    So, apparently the Kaleesh look like Falleen but with tusks......

I admit of all the things that could've been inside their masks, a Falleen face was the last thing I imagined.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok, in the last day I learned 2 distrubing things about Xizor:

1) His new voice for Empire at War sounds like a combo of Nute and Grievous

2) He apparently looks like Grievous

All I need now is to hear that GG exudes pheremones and I can say he smells like Grievous too. Ah, I can see a whole new conspiracy theory on the horizon...

4. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Sounds promising [face_mischief]

5. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Indeed.

[image=http://img304.imageshack.us/img304/1576/generalxizorwn7.jpg]

6. karabbackilla

karabbackilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006

Last thing I was hoping for... [face_plain]

7. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh]

8. Biddybot

Biddybot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    I just had to use google to find out what in heck a Falleen looks like! Meh...boring. They look like Star Trek aliens. I hope the Kaleesh were at least allowed to retain the leg conformation envisioned by Warren Fu, or did that get made over into something more human-like too...?

On the plus side, if Grievous was once a conventionally handsome dude, all the more reason for slavering fans to drool over him because HAWT guys are never truly evil, they're just misguided and misunderstood, don'tcha know. He'll become the Gul Dukat of the Star Wars universe, yay! And can a flood of fannish half-breed Kaleesh/whatever love-children be far behind? =P~8-}

9. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    They better be Dooku's test tube babies >_>

Bleh, I'll totally ignore the essential guide and keep my receding featherline vultures :p

10. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Egads!:eek: :p

11. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Xizor's depiction in the SOTE comic looks different than any other Fallen pic I've seen since. He had spikes coming out of his spine and everything.

12. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Eh, the way I portray the Kaleesh inside my head, they start to resemble Yuuzhan Vong (my Kaleesh cut off non-regenating male plumage upon reaching the rank of warlord....)

Your thoughts?

13. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    I envisioned the Kaleesh to be more dinosaur-like. Probably the way Velociraptors were shown in Jurrasic Park. The way Grievous moved as a cybord left that impression with me.

14. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    didnt someone make a Shoni pic?

15. karabbackilla

karabbackilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Yeah, I did a concept of one. I wish there were others!

It's on the second page in my gallery. Called a 'sharkoni'.

16. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Rumor has it there's a Qymaen jai Sheelal action figure coming out this year, I hope it's true. :D

17. Biddybot

Aug 6, 2002
    Really? I hope it's true too!

Wonder which 'look' they'd go for if a figure ever did get made...the long-skirted costume as illoed in the Star Wars Insider zine or the vaguely Ancient Egyptian outfit the Kaleesh dude in that SW aliens guide is wearing? It'd probably be easier to model a figure wearing a long skirt, but the dirty old broad side of me wants to see a Qymaen in that form-fitting Egypto thing, heh. What we really need is a 12" Qymaen figure that's like a Ken doll. His deluxe playset could come complete with several changes of outfit and all kinds of nifty accessories and maybe even a neat critter for him to ride. I bet any Qymaen figures that ever do get released wind up with their masks permanently molded to their faces, though, just to preserve that 'mystery' and all...darn!

18. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    He's on a French Hasbro 2007 Catalog List, so I guess we're getting him! :D

19. Biddybot

Aug 6, 2002
    Wow! You're right! I just checked a German figurine site (4-inches) and he's listed as a probable for the 2007 Basic Figure Wave 5 line. Here's the full listing for that wave, in case casual fans are interested...

'Wave 5
    Hermi Odle
    C-3PO
    Momaw Nadon [Roron Corobb?]
    Yoda [with Kybuck]
    Mace Windu
    Anakin [with Tatoos]
    Darth Raven (KOTOR)
    Darth Malak (KOTOR)
    Pre-Cyborg Grievous [Qymaen jai Sheelal]
    McQuarrie Series - Luke Skywalker [Jedi?]'

Some photos of figures confirmed for Wave 4 were already up (they include a Boba Fett as seen in the Star Wars Holiday Special, by the way, which is a little shocking considering how much the Lucas gang usually squirms whenever that infamous TV special is even mentioned), so hopefully we'll soon see how our boy is dressed!

20. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I'm so excited now Qymaen is on the list. But I still want a Ken doll (but I would say Barbie just to be annoying). And maybe some new box art.

21. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Hasbro confirmed him in a Q&A.

From, http://www.thejawa.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2295

1) What kind of articulation will the Pre-Cyborg General Grievous figure have being released later this year

HASBRO - He has a ball joint neck, ball and socket shoulders, bicep, knees, hip and waist. There are some other nice surpises, but you'll have to wait until we reveal him fully.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002

[image=http://www.sirstevesguide.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/1061.jpg]

23. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    AWESOME. But that mask needs work, because I like what's underneath a lot more XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.